Type keyword(s) to search

S25: Michael & Scott

• Start Topic

Hi.  We're friend and firefighters from Massachusetts.

Honestly, firefighters haven't had the best runs on this show (I suppose F6 was decent enough for TAR3's Damon, but Matt & Daniel from TAR22 didn't even do half as well), so I'm not sure what to expect from these two.  They look like they'll be good at the physical tasks, but not much else.

• Love 1

I like them, for the most part.  It's good to have another Boston team.  But they'd better not mention it or the bombing of the Boston Marathon too much.  Good that they karma-slapped Lisa & Michelle, but they were also way too rough if they cut one of the girls.

• Love 2

I thought devoting two thirds of their intro reel to talking about the victims of the bombings was kind of classy. I like them, and especially liked that they beat the Realtors (in some ways at their own game) but one of them seems to have some simmering anger issues that could be problematic later

They're the most annoying team to me right now. I don't dislike them that intensely but given how little we know of everyone, I like them the least. They have the potential to be loud and obnoxious. If they keep bringing up the bombings, like every other repetitive storyline, it will get irritating. And they didn't race very well. It's only episode 1 so I could definitely come around.

• Love 1
(edited)

Like Keith & Whitney, they owe a lot of their recovery to the punting task.  Scott's strength helped them fight back from his own failures at Pancake Race that got them stuck there to make four attempts.

But still, I'm just not feeling them very much.  Of all nine teams left, they are, IMO, the least interesting, and I'm almost hoping the injury one of them gets next week does take them out just so they won't be around to bore me much longer.

Edited by Donny Ketchum
  • Love 1

I have gone back and forth with them a few times already.  I was disappointed and surprised they quit last week on the final task.  And then this week, one of them seemed to show a bad attitude by throwing their pancake with frustration when told they didn't flip enough.  

• Love 2

This team is already circling the drain.

As I said on Friday night, I hope the injury one of them seems to get does take them out next week, whether by them withdrawing like Dave & Connor in TAR22, or just by them being too slow to move at the tasks and coming in last naturally.

• Love 1

And like I said above, another early-ousted team of firefighters, just like Matt & Daniel.

Honestly, while I'll miss Michael a little, I don't think I'll miss Scott.  He was almost as defeatist as Brooke, complained almost as much, and was too quick to give up at the sheep.  Good on them for rocking out the Detour, I guess, but honestly, while their elimination wasn't totally their fault (the guy who told them to go all the way to that faraway town deserves way more blame), Scott's sprained ankle would've taken them out eventually.  Also, I was interested and invested in them the least of the teams.  So now, eight far more interesting teams remain!

Later, boring dudes!  Bring on the eight teams who are actually engaging! :)

• Love 2

Actually, the elimination was their fault, in my opinion. They told the bartender they were looking for the place where the item was created, e.g., a foundry, and the bartender answered their question. It's the difference between "was found" and "was founded." They didn't get bad directions, they asked for directions to the wrong place. No other team made this mistake, and the firefighters lost. 

• Love 4

I agree it's their fault for getting the wrong directions - everyone else found the right place to go with little trouble, only the firefighters thought "let's go into a bar to find out where we should go."

And the idea of taking the four hour penalty when it's you and one other team fighting for last place?  Just quit instead.

I agree it's their fault for getting the wrong directions - everyone else found the right place to go with little trouble, only the firefighters thought "let's go into a bar to find out where we should go."

Also, when you know someone is making a total guess at the location, and their guess is a place almost 30 miles away, you might want to get confirmation before you head out that far.

• Love 1