Type keyword(s) to search

Home In A Heartbeat - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Anybody else watch this?

The conceit is that a full-time Wall St. executive/popular IG content creator remodels homes over a long weekend. LOL! Tell that to your GC.

So there's a ton of pre-planning in preparation and then I don't know how many people work pretty much non-stop. You see things being done that have to take more time than adds up to that weekend, but I"m bad at math so that might be me.

I read that homeowners not only don't see designs or have choices in them, but they don't have a say in which rooms are done? WTF? That was okay last night because the couple were previous clients and she'd already done other rooms. But unless that's the story each week, or she's trolling for future clients, I don't know. It's not free.

Rooms looked okay, nothing earth-shattering. We'll see.

• Like 1

I came across this show today. All I can say is that I have apparently aged out of the network. The host has a good job (maybe Wall Street or law - can’t remember). She also has a career as an influencer. It may be a good show- I just didn’t stick around. But the network is definitely starting to skew younger - I can’t really blame them. That is where the advertising dollars are. 

• Like 1

That "fireplace" is a chintzy disaster waiting to happen. She built it out of foam board and then finished it off with Venetian plaster. After the homeowners hang holiday swags and Christmas stockings on it there will be permanent holes left behind. At least if it were wood they could use Command hooks that leave no mark when removed. The reveal went by so fast that I couldn't figure out what was behind the room dividers (that looked like there was barely room to walk between them) in what was previously a dining room.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

@CruiseDiva Now that you mention it, I can’t remember what was behind the glass partition either.  I know she previously called it the dead zone (or something similar), and that it was painted a dark gray.  She said the dark color wouldn’t dominate because the new sliding door would be much lighter and would take up most of the space on that wall.  But now, for the life of me, I can’t recall what was on the other side.  

They did show it, but it must have been completely unremarkable.  Maybe someone else remembers.

I just watched, and she called that area their "breezeway" to the bedroom. I didn't see any furniture just the dark gray paint and the massive barn door. You'd think they could put a couple chairs and a small table for a sitting area. *shrug*

I had the same thoughts about this woman--she works on Wall Street, social media influencer who fixes houses on long weekends and now films a tv show? Riiiight. No way she works full time at that Wall Street job. Also, she could pass for Tarek's new wife so maybe she could film his show too.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

I liked that she was very clear on how long they (she and teams of people) worked and planned before beginning the renovation. There was no oh you can take care of this in a long weekend by yourself with some expired bed bath and beyond coupons vibe that some diy influencers and shows give off.

Also the budget amount was reasonable and the project scope was in line with how most people renovate. The probably cancelled show 50K Three Ways did this very well (seriously HGTV please revisit that decision. Everyone else it should be streaming).

I was very confused by the rest. What happened to all the family's sports equipment and games? Where did that move to? Most Florida homes don't have basements because of swamp/hurricane flooding issues. Where is the dining room? Shouldn't the "breezeway" between the kitchen and the bedroom be set up as a smaller conversation area or perhaps a butler's pantry with a pass through to the living room?

And the faux fireplace... She really did say it was made of foam or foam board???? What's going to happen when that stuff gets wet and starts molding or somebody trips and puts a dent in it when the fall into it?

And unless the meaning of Wall Street executive has changed to Florida based remote worker who isn't chained to their office 24/7 and can do other stuff ... Not buying that.  I've lived and worked in NYC for almost 20 years for finance and big law firms and it doesn't gel with my experience.

I'll probably watch next week just to see how the show progresses and because the host isn't annoying and acknowledges her crew (looking at you every HGTV star who act like it's just them all by their little selves juggling multiple projects and a TV show).

Edited by quirkygal
typos but probably made it worse
  • Like 3

I really want her to stop bitching about how tired she is--during a process she decided to 1) do and 2) do it on camera

So if I can take the POV of those two daughters who apparently live with their dad on the regular. No, we didn't see them at the reveal but they go to school from his place.

They're going away to college. Great. But they're 15 so not anytime soon. Hope they're not varsity cheerleaders who used that trampoline to work out on. Surprise! And I hope they and their friends like the new TV lounge--complete with a candy bar. That's romantic? Or a peace offering for the girls? I don't get it.

• Like 3
On 4/20/2023 at 8:15 PM, Kemper said:

But the network is definitely starting to skew younger - I can’t really blame them. That is where the advertising dollars are. 

Why is that always the argument? Younger people don’t have the spending $$$$ that middle-aged people do.

This is going to sound catty, but I’m tired of skinny bleach blondes prancing about in heels talking about decorating trends. I don’t think this is a show for me.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Just starting to watch this.  She's replacing the perfectly fine pavers around the pool, and she's converting the garage into a gym.
Where is the guy going to park his car?
I think she should stick to her day job.

• Like 3
23 hours ago, Shermie said:

Why is that always the argument? Younger people don’t have the spending $$$$ that middle-aged people do.

This is going to sound catty, but I’m tired of skinny bleach blondes prancing about in heels talking about decorating trends. I don’t think this is a show for me.

I don't disagree, but come for the snark, I do on many (not all) shows.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I watched the first episode and my question is does she actually DO anything besides create the design?  I watched her dance and make cutesy moves a lot but I never saw her pick up a hammer or a piece of furniture or anything.  I actually watched because I saw on article on yahoo.com that said people were flooding HGTV to ask for another season of this show and I'm thinking - who?  (By the way the timeline is 72 hours which is basically a 3-day weekend.)  Nothing objectionable but nothing special in my opinion.

• Like 2
On 5/11/2023 at 7:21 PM, auntjess said:

Just starting to watch this.  She's replacing the perfectly fine pavers around the pool, and she's converting the garage into a gym.
Where is the guy going to park his car?
I think she should stick to her day job.

I was wondering the same thing! Then, she redid the pool house as another living room area. Why didn't she put the gym in the pool house? Especially since the sauna was out back and by it, and then all of his gym/workout stuff would be in one place. I also wonder how he's going to work out in the garage during the hot, humid, muggy months, which in Florida, is a good part of the year. I don't mind this show, but that was really bizarre.

• Like 4