Type keyword(s) to search

S10.11: Mistress In Distress

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

Dammitall, if I’m NOT totally over the Toms. I’m watching this restaurant scene in a seething rage. “So what do we need to open besides a KITCHEN STAFF?” Add Brett to Greg’s “I’m Over This Shit” club.

Sick of Sandoval’s arrogance, sick of Schwartz’s $10 vocabulary to express $0.01 thoughts and his terminally befuddled persona, and sick of these twits just playing at a business that many others have been sweating blood trying to open while they put everything above and beyond what should be their sole focus. You should be envious of Ariana and Katie, Sandoval. THIS is how you open a business. 

And here we go with Sandoval mansplaining — AGAIN — to Katie about how she should feel about Schwartz and Rachel. He needs to STFU, and I hope this scene is played on loop at the reunion. Why did Katie even engage in the discussion? Sandy’s opinions always mean fuck-all, especially now in the rear view.

I loved how Katie just showed up to pick up the dogs and refused to engage in Schwartz’s self-pity party. 

👍 To the editors for including the leg contact between Sandy and Rachel, as Rachel teared up in her TH about trying to be a “better person.” Chef’s kiss.

Lala’s house on Mulholland — is that the one Jeff Lewis redesigned for them on Flipping Out? 

It is the one Jeff Lewis remodeled. Randall put it up for sale in May of 2022. That was earlier than the show started filming for the current season. He threatened Lala with calling the police to force her to move out. He then moved out himself. 

42 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I absolutely hate that flat slicked down middle part some of these girls wear. 

I'm pretty sure it is.  Lala was on his radio show the other day and Jeff said he thought they seemed so happy during that reno. Lala said it was all an act and she was really miserable the entire relationship. Easy to say now. So why don't you throw a baby in the mix while you're so miserable! She's either a liar or an idiot. Or both. 

She is both.

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 4/19/2023 at 11:30 PM, Cheezwiz said:

Katie's new guy Satchel. Oh lord, he looked like a cross between Weird Al Yankovic and Kenny G. I kept expecting him to pull out an accordion or tenor sax.

Thank you for a much-needed belly laugh!  Oh, man - that hit my funny bone.  🤣

• LOL 5
On 4/20/2023 at 2:30 AM, Cheezwiz said:

Katie's new guy Satchel. Oh lord, he looked like a cross between Weird Al Yankovic and Kenny G. I kept expecting him to pull out an accordion or tenor sax.

I don't think that relationship lasted long. I think Katie was just having some fun with a young guy that would fuck her since Schwartz didn't. She said on a recent podcast that she is currently not dating. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
On 4/22/2023 at 7:11 PM, bichonblitz said:

I'm pretty sure it is.  Lala was on his radio show the other day and Jeff said he thought they seemed so happy during that reno. Lala said it was all an act and she was really miserable the entire relationship. Easy to say now. So why don't you throw a baby in the mix while you're so miserable! She's either a liar or an idiot. Or both. 

I vote BOTH.

• Like 5
On 4/22/2023 at 8:53 PM, ZettaK said:

It is the one Jeff Lewis remodeled. Randall put it up for sale in May of 2022. That was earlier than the show started filming for the current season. He threatened Lala with calling the police to force her to move out. He then moved out himself. 

She is both.

I just remember Rand constantly bitching about the cost. I was like, dude. The house needs work. Jeff Lewis costs 💰💰💰. This was Lala’s dream home and I think even then the thought was rolling around in the back of Rand’s empty head that he really didn’t want to be tied down with her.

On 4/22/2023 at 8:11 PM, bichonblitz said:

I think Rand was halfway checked out during that reno.

Seeing Lala and Rand makes me damn glad the Schwartzes and Tom and Ariana didn’t procreate. That would have been a sad, sorry nightmare — on many levels.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

Finally watched the rest of this.

Sandoval sitting on the couch, obviously straining to think of reasons to pick a fight with Ariana…You could almost see the hamster wheel turning in his head, trying to justify why he was betraying her with that nitwit Rachel. He sounded eerily like Schwartz in that scene, too...whiny ass.

Garcelle and Lisa…oh, what could be on BH…LOVE Lisa’s shade of Rinna and her rose rotgut. 😂 Still want to try Lisa’s wine… but stores here are sold out right now. ☹️

Rachel’s “bashing” on social media, lol. Preview of coming attractions. Now that Oliver’s out of the way, road is clear for Sandoval.

Lala, nobody’s on the moral high road here, so calm down with the sanctimonious lectures. Scheana…always stirring the pot o’ shit.

I am over Rachel and her Little Miss Innocent act. Vile person.

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

Garcelle and Lisa…oh, what could be on BH…LOVE Lisa’s shade of Rinna and her rose rotgut. 😂 Still want to try Lisa’s wine… but stores here are sold out right now. ☹️

It’s a perfectly fine Provençal rosé that is priced too high for what you get. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
On 4/22/2023 at 7:11 PM, bichonblitz said:

Lala said it was all an act and she was really miserable the entire relationship. Easy to say now. So why don't you throw a baby in the mix while you're so miserable! She's either a liar or an idiot. Or both. 

Slow clap!  I believe she was miserable because she never loved the chinless wonder, let alone probably liked him.  All she loved were the dollar signs.  So of course she's going to be miserable.  She's just trying to play her misery with a different angle now.  I've also said that a million times.....if this relationship was so toxic Lala, how lovely of you to bring an innocent baby into your trash heap.  Ugh.

I would love to see a worthy opponent confront her.  Someone with a superior intellect and sharp tongue (I don't think Lala is likely that smart, there just isn't anyone in this cast of dimwits who seems capable of stepping to her).  A person who wouldn't finger wag or jerk their neck around or get flustered by her.  She wouldn't stand a chance. 

• Like 8
1 hour ago, Kiki620 said:

Slow clap!  I believe she was miserable because she never loved the chinless wonder, let alone probably liked him.  All she loved were the dollar signs.  So of course she's going to be miserable.  She's just trying to play her misery with a different angle now.  I've also said that a million times.....if this relationship was so toxic Lala, how lovely of you to bring an innocent baby into your trash heap.  Ugh.

100%.  She was doing anal for a Range Rover and Adidas Sandals.  What did she have to do for the PJ?  And I'm all for a woman choosing whatever path they want to choose, but if that path turns into sand, well, suck it up and find your new path, don't frantically try to put the sand in a bottle!  

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
22 minutes ago, hatchetgirl said:

100%.  She was doing anal for a Range Rover and Adidas Sandals.  What did she have to do for the PJ?  And I'm all for a woman choosing whatever path they want to choose, but if that path turns into sand, well, suck it up and find your new path, don't frantically try to put the sand in a bottle!  

I think Lala is absolutely humiliated by how things turned out. Ms. High And Mighty was no better than any other woman Rand was with. Yeah, she got all the cool stuff, but at the end of the day, she was still dumped by some D-list movie director — she was more than a mistress, a fact that she was all too willing to ignore while she was getting all the perks. So now she’s on this self-righteous kick where she’s trying to teach others lessons from her own “experience” — to save face, basically. No fan of Rachel, but Lala lecturing her outside the restaurant was a bit galling. As I said above, ain’t nobody on the high road here.

EDIT…Remember how she was always talking about “My Man” and keeping him wrapped in secrecy like some International Man of Mystery and bragging about him? And it turned out to be Randall Emmett?? 🤣My first reaction was those gifts must be pretty damn good to want to hook up with someone like him.

Edited by RoseAllDay
  • Like 5
  • LOL 5
On 4/19/2023 at 9:31 PM, ZettaK said:

"Mistress In Distress". Back in Los Angeles, Lala celebrates her birthday with an epic party; Raquel sets her sights on Oliver after being rejected by Schwartz; Tom and Ariana discuss their plans to make embryos together; Ally and James witness a suspicious interaction.

Late to the party, but here are some thoughts and notes:

• Schwartz tried to pull Katie into his sorrows but was rebuffed with “That sounds awful! OK, bye!”. 😃 
  • Sandoval receiving a phone call from Schwartz during his talking head was so totally fake. 🙄
  • When Raquchel told Charli about her going on a date with Oliver, all I could think of was how upset LaLa would get.
  • The Toms have a meeting of the minds, so to speak, about being unable to open S&S on time. Wait, Bret the General Manager was on vacation, too? Bret tells them the booth guy quit and he refused to throw more money at him to stay. There must have been more to the story. Sandoval then whines and bitches about wasting spending a million dollars on S&S, but the best part was his rant about no one ever performing at "A plus level". 🙄
  • Katie and Arianna have accomplished more with their fake sandwich shop than the Toms in several years! Did someone say Schwartz was stalking Jo and made her cry? [?] Sandoval looked guilty as Hell when Katie opined about not fooling around with friends in their group! 
  • I noticed insightful businesswoman Lisa Vanderbucks totally busted Sandoval making eyes at Raquchel, followed by a quick closeup of their knees touching.
  • WTF was LaLa wearing in her talking head? It looked like a black latex body bag. 
  • Later, at Villa Rosa, the Toms visit sorrowful businesswoman Lisa Vanderbucks to offer condolences for her dead tiny horse. After the Toms tell her how much they needed the trip to Mexico, she reads them the riot act. Hokey smokes! I never thought I would ever see Schwartz working harder than Sandoval!
  • Sandoval and Arriana tell us about them fertilizing, then freezing her eggs. 😴
  • Successful businesswoman Lisa Vanderbucks meets Oliver and Gabriel at Pump, where they almost immediately plug Vanderbuck's wine. Not surprisingly, Gabriel is surprised to learn Oliver has been fooling around. I did enjoy the flashback to all the girls licking their lips and ogling him. 
  • At LaLa's birthday party, Ally tattles about Sandoval and Raquchel "making out" in the alley. Why is Ally wearing a blue negligée in her talking head? LaLa overshares about wanting "birthday sex" before tattling to Gabrielle about what Ally just told her. I am getting tired of LaLa acting so righteous about Raquchel and Oliver, especially when she has been feuding with her about not getting to bang him. [roll] And then she had to mention seeing Randal with other girls and not realizing what was happening. SHUT UP!
  • Satchel looks like a cross between Weird Al and Kenny G. Whoever thought he just had his hair done at a pet shop was right. 
  • After talking with Gabriel, Raquchel goes on her date with Oliver and confronts him about not being divorced. Good for her, I guess, but I guess I was right about judging him by those tattoos. 
  • Raquchel confronts LaLa for dramatic reasons.😴 and Sandoval calls out Katie for her irrational hatred of her. 

Edited by Gharlane
  • Applause 2
(edited)
16 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

So they record the interviews with producers throughout the season? I thought that they recorded them at the end of the season or after the season ended. But they showed Schwartz’s phone call during Sandoval’s TH.

They record during the season, as well.

2 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I’m surprised that Garcelle also seemed to believe that Oliver was free to kiss women who were not his wife.

I doubt he tells his mother everything. She said she thought he was separated.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 3
On 4/25/2023 at 7:36 PM, RoseAllDay said:

Still want to try Lisa’s wine… but stores here are sold out right now. ☹️

For anyone who wants to try it, now's the time to start looking!  Where I live (PA) they only sell it at the bigger liquor stores in the summer.

On 4/26/2023 at 11:24 AM, Kiki620 said:

I think she did actually like/love him as much as she's capable of.  He seemed pleasant and easygoing on the show, and they seemed to have a good time together; he funded her "business" and she liked the fancy house and goodies. She never minded before that he took away her gucci slides when she misbehaved, or that he was obviously doing something bad when he and Jax visited the restrooms together 😄. But I think she also thought that she was a prize for him in the looks department and was shocked and humiliated that he cheated/dumped her and can still get pretty girls.  Now she's flinging all the insults she can to make herself feel better but I'm not buying it.

On 4/26/2023 at 1:17 PM, RoseAllDay said:

I think Lala is absolutely humiliated by how things turned out. Ms. High And Mighty was no better than any other woman Rand was with. Yeah, she got all the cool stuff, but at the end of the day, she was still dumped by some D-list movie director — she was more than a mistress, a fact that she was all too willing to ignore while she was getting all the perks. So now she’s on this self-righteous kick where she’s trying to teach others lessons from her own “experience” — to save face, basically.

Yep.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Forgive me for asking but hoping someone can elighten me. 

How did it come about that Katie and Arianna would open a sandwich shop? I get that if their partners were in business together that for script purposes, it would make sense but in the real world.... is/was there any explanation as in logic for this?

Many thanks.  

On 4/26/2023 at 8:24 AM, Kiki620 said:

I believe she was miserable because she never loved the chinless wonder, let alone probably liked him.  

I would 100% have to be drunk, blind or dead to have sex with Randall. And I don't care what's in his wallet.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 2
1 hour ago, Polliwollidoodle said:

How did it come about that Katie and Arianna would open a sandwich shop? I get that if their partners were in business together that for script purposes, it would make sense but in the real world.... is/was there any explanation as in logic for this?

I don't remember off-hand, but I remember Katie saying she used to work in her family's restaurant while growing up. I don't remember what qualifications Arrianna claimed, maybe her cocktail book? 

35 minutes ago, Jst2Wld said:

I would 100% have to be drunk, blind or dead to have sex with Randall. And I don't care what's in his wallet.

Even if it's a Capital One credit card? 😃

• LOL 4
On 4/22/2023 at 7:53 PM, ZettaK said:

She is both.

She’s an extremely arrogant liar and idiot.

• Like 4
13 hours ago, Polliwollidoodle said:

Forgive me for asking but hoping someone can elighten me. 

Many thanks.  

11 hours ago, Gharlane said:

I don't remember off-hand, but I remember Katie saying she used to work in her family's restaurant while growing up. I don't remember what qualifications Arrianna claimed, maybe her cocktail book? 

Katie claimed it was something she and Tom had discussed, and she was hoping they could get into, but he was all involved in S&S and ignoring her so she complained about it to Ariana, who said, "I'll do it with you!"

And to compare their professionalism with the guys:  Yesterday I was watching the episode where they asked Randall to be an investor.  It started with Ariana being late, Katie apologizing to him, and he "set his timer" to leave if she wasn't there in half an hour.  Then they sat and stared at each other with Katie making no attempt to "pitch" him on her own.  Ariana arrived, apologized, and they giggled about wanting to have an "unapologetically feminine" sandwich shop with an awesome name.  Rand cooed his appreciation, asked about a business plan, was told they might have one soon; that they'd need "around $100,000-$200,00" and that they'd name a sandwich after him.  He giggled that his investors would just love that and left.  Then we find out later that he had offered them the money.  Anything they have going on now is down to Bravo, and possibly them being a little wiser than the guys about taking good advice 😄🙄

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
(edited)

I'm certainly no business expert but  isn't the name of the sandwich shop "there's something about her"? That doesn't jump out at me that it's a restaurant. 

And I had no idea sandwich shops were "trending" in Los Angeles. Not sure I get how Katie and Ariana could make money on this concept. Unless they are getting a liquor license? I doubt Eric Greenspan is shaking in his grilled cheese sandwiches!

If these ladies went on Shark Tank they would be torn apart in seconds. But I do wish them success and happiness as single smart (?) business women.

Edited by Jst2Wld
  • Like 3
  • LOL 1
17 hours ago, Jst2Wld said:

I'm certainly no business expert but  isn't the name of the sandwich shop "there's something about her"? That doesn't jump out at me that it's a restaurant. 

And I had no idea sandwich shops were "trending" in Los Angeles. Not sure I get how Katie and Ariana could make money on this concept. Unless they are getting a liquor license? I doubt Eric Greenspan is shaking in his grilled cheese sandwiches!

If these ladies went on Shark Tank they would be torn apart in seconds. But I do wish them success and happiness as single smart (?) business women.

They said they would get a liquor license and serve alcohol.

• Useful 1
17 hours ago, Jst2Wld said:

And I had no idea sandwich shops were "trending" in Los Angeles. Not sure I get how Katie and Ariana could make money on this concept. Unless they are getting a liquor license? 

I think the name is

Something About Her

I agree that I would not associate Unapologetically Feminine sandwiches with that name. 

• Like 6
6 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I have never entered a Subway, Blimpie or Jersey Mike’s and thought, “This menu fails to meet my sandwich needs, as a woman.”

I have entered a Subway and thought, "This menus fails to meet my sandwich needs, as a Hoagie lover."

• Like 1
  • LOL 9
On 4/26/2023 at 8:24 AM, Kiki620 said:

I would love to see a worthy opponent confront her.  Someone with a superior intellect and sharp tongue

First thought that came to my head was: Rinna

As a woman, should I already innately know what an "unapologetically feminine" sandwich should be?  What if the sandwich I crave is full of heavy meats and cheeses with maybe an egg and some meatballs thrown in?  That doesn't seem very feminine!  Am I confused about my sandwich gender identity???  

Point being....it's kind of a dumb name and silly concept.  

• LOL 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, Kiki620 said:

As a woman, should I already innately know what an "unapologetically feminine" sandwich should be?  What if the sandwich I crave is full of heavy meats and cheeses with maybe an egg and some meatballs thrown in?  That doesn't seem very feminine!  Am I confused about my sandwich gender identity???  

Point being....it's kind of a dumb name and silly concept.  

I thought women in Hollywood didn’t even eat carbs or gluten, so I assumed they were going to throw some turkey in a kale leaf as a wrap and maybe slap a little pesto and alfalfa sprouts and a slice of avocado on there and call it a day. But I guess now that they are shooting up Ozempic out there they’re back to eating bread? Or maybe that’s why it’s such a “women empowerment” moment to them to open up an unapologetically female sandwich shop in California. We are taking back bread!! 

Edited by JenE4
  • LOL 7

Can someone remind me again as to why Rachel was clutching her pearls over Oliver still being with his wife, while she had no problem with making out with Schwartz or being Sandoval’s side piece? 

This is funny, tone-deaf, and hypocritical, considering what went down later.

(So glad this season is marathoning today — I need a reason to detach from the world.)

• Like 2
11 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

Can someone remind me again as to why Rachel was clutching her pearls over Oliver still being with his wife, while she had no problem with making out with Schwartz or being Sandoval’s side piece? 

This is funny, tone-deaf, and hypocritical, considering what went down later.

(So glad this season is marathoning today — I need a reason to detach from the world.)

I can’t remember either! Is it because Oliver’s wife actually posted something about Oliver and Rachel? I am rewatching, too. But I have been slogging through Scenes We Didn’t Originally Let You See, Season IX, trying to find clues regarding Scandoval. 

20 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I can’t remember either! Is it because Oliver’s wife actually posted something about Oliver and Rachel? I am rewatching, too. But I have been slogging through Scenes We Didn’t Originally Let You See, Season IX, trying to find clues regarding Scandoval. 

I think it was that, plus Schwartz was just something to do on the show and Sandy was a secret.  What irritated me about the whole thing was LVP insisting that he was not married and Raquel shouldn't have dumped him.  What do you know about anything LVP?

• Like 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, princelina said:

I think it was that, plus Schwartz was just something to do on the show and Sandy was a secret.  What irritated me about the whole thing was LVP insisting that he was not married and Raquel shouldn't have dumped him.  What do you know about anything LVP?

Yes, at the Vegas restaurant, I think Lala said, isn’t Oliver married with kids? LVP insisted that they had separated.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Yes, at the Vegas restaurant, I think Lala said, isn’t Oliver married with kids? LVP insisted that they had separated.

And also when Katie and (Ariana?) told her that Raquel would not be dating him.  I think she just wanted to have Garcelle on her show more to bug the BH ladies 😄

• Like 1
On 11/4/2023 at 11:24 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Rachel messaged Oliver's wife.

On 11/4/2023 at 11:45 AM, RoseAllDay said:

If memory serves, Oliver claimed to have been separated/divorced from his wife.

• Like 1
On 4/20/2023 at 7:59 PM, Wicked said:

Raquel has oddly broad shoulders for someone so thin

Yes but she's really tall. Didn't James once say she was nearly 6' tall? So she's thin but with a larger frame. 

• Like 1