Type keyword(s) to search

S25: Kym & Alli

• Start Topic

I think I've seen all the clips they use from the bonus videos, except that one at the very beginning of them failing to find their own bags at the starting line (lol), which must be a phone video from a fan.  And I did read a comment that said that they have to send their videos to CBS for approval before putting them online.

I mentioned their YouTube channel in the Media thread.  It's true, they aren't getting many hits.  I came upon it purely by chance (and YouTube knowing what I like I assume).

So these two are the actual disliked team among the group, not Misti & Jim.  Nothing wrong with running their own race, but Jet & Cord learned the hard way in all three of their seasons that that can have a negative effect on you socially.  Still, good work to be one of only two teams to finish the tray balancing on their first try (the other being Brooke & Robbie).  And Alli just killed the Roadblock, so kudos to her!  I appreciate them not fighting too much about switching from the Flag Detour to the Shine one, but they really struggled with finding it and even doing it if Misti & Jim, who had to be held up to find the Detour clue, could still manage to pass them.  Still, respectable third place.

• Love 3

Aw, girls.  Should've stayed the course instead of risking it all at that Fast Forward.  I think if Alli had spoken up more to Kym, she'd have listened, and they'd have passed it up and probably even stayed in.

That said, it was good having them.  They didn't give up when the chips were down and made it nine legs through the race to finish fifth.  But I think they deserved a higher finish and hope they can return another season to get it.

• Love 4

Man, that sucks. I really liked this team, and thought they had a good shot at the win. I'm also annoyed that they had a surfing task on a season with professional surfers, although I guess it's not the first time that sort of thing as happened.

• Love 3

Evidently, the surfing task wasn't as clear cut a gift for the surfers as it seemed, as Adam had trouble with it and Bethany said it wasn't actually using active surfing techniques which they tend to fall back on. But it was at least something of a gift, yes. Though if one of my favorite teams had to go, I'd rather it be Kym and Alli, though.

I did love these two because:

New Yorkers

Gifted athletes

Smart

Funny

Do something for a living I couldn't do and seem to enjoy it.

Were pleasant to most everyone and openly mooched food where they could.

Best of all, thoroughly enjoyed the experience, the locals they met and the customs and historical events to which they were exposed.

I wouldn't be at all surprised - and I'd be very pleased - if they showed up on a future "Unfinished Business" or whatever.

• Love 5

I'm thinking they can go ahead and block off a few weeks of time in November 2016.  :)

Though honestly if the Scientists don't win I'd like to see them back too!

Edited by Lingo
  • Love 3

Man, that sucks. I really liked this team, and thought they had a good shot at the win. I'm also annoyed that they had a surfing task on a season with professional surfers, although I guess it's not the first time that sort of thing as happened.

Pro Surfer singular ,Adam is not professional surfer .

Were you as annoyed that they had a cycling task in a race with professional cyclists one of whom had rode the type of speciality bike used before .

Neither task was straight up cycling or surfing but an odd hybrid that only 1 team member had any experience on.

• Love 2

I think the could have managed Flag if Kym and Alli had switched who was going for the red flag and who was going for the yellow.

They took a risk and it didn't pay off. It was upsetting to see it happen but I thought they did a nice job recovering after their initial blow up at each other after Bethany and Adam got the fast forward. 

I'd also like to see them come back for another season and I'm baffled that the other teams disliked them so much.

I'd also like to see them come back for another season and I'm baffled that the other teams disliked them so much.

I think just Brooke disliked them.  She rounded everyone up to u-turn them, which why not?  I can see the others agreeing because the cyclists are a strong team.  I remember Bethany saying something like "someone has to go" and that I understand.  There's not much point in u-turning the dentists and Maya & Amy did u-turn Bethany & Adam, not a bad move since it wasn't known who got the FF.

Personally I found the cyclists obnoxious ("We're so much funnnnnn!!!" got on my nerves) but their interactions with other teams seemed OK.  Jim talks about liking to compete against them.  I may be mis-remembering but I think it was just Brooke complaining that the cyclists were sitting alone, etc.

Well, Misti was actually the one on the ferry who took it upon herself to inform Brooke and Robbie that the cyclists were sitting by themselves, and she seemed to take a little gossipy delight in it.  I remember seeing a bonus clip from a couple of legs ago of the dentists saying that the cyclists were their least favorite team -- not that they hated them, but that they didn't love them like they loved the other teams.

I get why the others disliked them.  They *did* seem stand-offish, and that does give one the impression that the cyclists think that they're better or cooler than you. Plus Kym is really high-energy (though not in a cute way like Maya) and it can be off-putting. I've watched all their TAR Youtube videos and even though I'm a fan, I do alternate between thinking they're just fine and thinking they may be just a little too full of themselves.

• Love 2

This is awesome--it's fun to see their reactions while watching the episode (and drinking heavily). Love that there is a shot taken for every time Brooke complains (see previous comment: drinking heavily) and that it ends with #cyclistsforallstars. They should be a slam dunk.

• Love 3

So for what it's worth, Kym and Alli finally posted a video recap of their elimination episode, about 2 weeks after airing. It does fill in a little about what they were thinking, e.g. why Kym chose the FF (nervousness about the u-turn, plus they'd watched previous seasons and thought all previous FFs were quite doable).  There's some other stuff too.

And I just noticed that they've posted a video about episode 10 as well, for which of course they give no special insight about (except that Maya is apparently a very picky eater).  They take Bethany to task for her "just a girl" spiel, and (thus??) and are now suddenly on the side of Team Wrestlers, which is so bizarre given all the shit talk the cyclists have thrown their way up to now.  Maybe the teams made peace recently?

• Love 1

and are now suddenly on the side of Team Wrestlers, which is so bizarre given all the shit talk the cyclists have thrown their way up to now.  Maybe the teams made peace recently?

Could be they changed their tune after seeing that the The Wrestlers refused to U Turn them.

I doubt it. It's not like the wrestlers refused to do it out of principle, or because they liked the cyclists. Brooke started the whole conspiracy after all. In fact I'm still not sure why they didn't do it.  They just mistakenly seemed to believe it no longer necessary.

In just their last video the Cyclists were savoring the whole irony of the Wrestlers' lie to the scientists allowing the Cyclists to almost stay in the race. They were saying how they wished they could have seen Brooke's face if they'd managed to not be eliminated.  So to now say they're now on Team Wrestler is pretty strange. I guess they've gotten over their grudge.

FWIW, Kym and Alli discuss Leg 11 with Tim and TeJay:

They claim Bethany had like a broken hip or something during the race.

No talk about the Wrestlers being their favorite team this week, although they do take the time to admire her and Bethany's basketball skills.

Alli looks like she's had enough of Maya's perkiness.

Edited by Lingo

FWIW, Kym and Alli discuss Leg 11 with Tim and TeJay:

They claim Bethany had like a broken hip or something during the race.

No talk about the Wrestlers being their favorite team this week, although they do take the time to admire her and Bethany's basketball skills.

Alli looks like she's had enough of Maya's perkiness.

I think she said Amy is dealing with a fractured hip. I disagree with them regarding Misti's foot. That was worse than a paper cut! It might not have been a super deep cut, but it's the type that really hurts and walking on it wouldn't be fun. Misti never made a deal about it so I don't get the tinges of bitterness and claims that "everybody had something" from one of the college sweethearts. Edited by Molly by golly

Oops, yeah they said Amy, not Bethany, huh?  I was really confused about that!

Yeah, I don't agree about Misti's foot either.  The editors at least needed to show the injury to explain why she had a problem during the bike race.