Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E16: Un-BEAR-able Truth

• Start Topic

Our couples head to a breathtaking mountain getaway for a dual birthday bash, bear sightings, and crowning the first ever Married at First Sight King.  The mini-vacation is a chance to reflect on their relationships and strengthen their bond. But when discussions turn to life after Decision Day, could it ruin the retreat?

Airs Wednesday April 19 at 8:00PM EDT.

I wonder if Hank and Chris' dogs get to go? I hope they stay away from the bears. Speaking of Chris' dogs, we haven't seen them for a while, have we?

ETA - Hmmm - I am not feeling hopeful. It is almost 30 minutes in and there are no comments.

Edited by Retired at last

Jasmine wears clothes so well. Love the black and mustard two - tone dress she's wearing while talking to the ladies.

Nicole has definitely lost weight. She's looking really good!

• Like 4

I missed about 90% of this show tonight.  Nicole has lost weight, but too bad she still has those disgusting arm tattoos. 

Jasmine has a really nice body.  Airris is a dullard and he puts me to sleep just looking at him.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

Jasmine wears clothes so well. Love the black and mustard two - tone dress she's wearing while talking to the ladies.

Nicole has definitely lost weight. She's looking really good!

Jasmine has a gorgeous body and she is so fit too, I think Airris seemed stunned when she just matched him with no problem at the rock climbing 🧗‍♀️ wall!

• Like 12

Ugh. I cannot believe Airris won the pageant. 

Also, when he was complimenting Jasmine--- I thought it was a bunch of baloney. I think he just doesn't want to look like an ass on national television. Too late!

For the love of sweet baby Jesus--- please let Jasmine say "no" on decision day!

• Like 13

I fell asleep and had to rewind this morning to figure out where I knocked off.

I like Clint, but he should have left the bears alone. No need to go looking for them. 

Gina is tolerating Clint.

That's all.  I'm still not finished watching.  It is going to take me three times to make it through this.  Once last night, once before work this morning, and once after work.  What a chore this show has become.  But I'm here for it.  Why, why, why?????

• Like 2
  • LOL 7
10 hours ago, Readalot said:

Does Arris  not look at Jas because he has ADD or because he just doesn’t like her? 

yeah, i was wondering if there was a woman in the distance that he was looking at when they were talking

i'm not buying all his talk that makes it sound like he's trying.

and notice he's always saying he's doing things to help her change, when HE"S the one that needs change

• Like 9
Just now, cinsays said:

and notice he's always saying he's doing things to help her change, when HE"S the one that needs change

YES! And saying if you see me on my phone, just tell me to get off, like no dude, don't be RUDE and be on your phone. He's so good at pointing it back at her. Can't stand him. 

• Like 8

I also dozed off during the show. In the past, hasn't the retreat been just one show? Now it is two? I realize they cut 30 minutes off, but it still seems like a long time for the show. I HATED the pageant, although some of the men were funny. I also was mad that they chose that jerk as the best husband. I wonder who voted for him? I bet Jasmine didn't! And, yes, everything he said was for the benefit of the others. I am glad Jas spoke up and said she would have preferred he said that to her in private. And I don't think I realized what a gorgeous body she has. I LOVED when she beat him in the wall climbing.

I am just so sick of Nicole and her poor me, love me attitude. She is going to wear Chris out. I don't know why he wore his 80s hair to the pageant, but it was funny.

Clint cracks me up. Gina does not appreciate him at all.  He just seems like he is willing to do anything. She doesn't appreciate it at all. Not to worry, he will not be alone soon. She may be, though. I missed Hank. It did look a little interesting next week when Clint says something like, "NOW you think I'm attractive?" Maybe that was when she was crying? Maybe she realized that she blew any chance she had?

I am also over Shaq and Baby Voice.  Just end the darn thing and stop pretending that you're trying. I REALLY thought Shaq was in the beginning, but now he sees how she is and that he will never get what he wants. But, he also seems like he would be hard to please. He wants too much adoration and attention.

ETA - And zero comments about either the Afterparty or Couples' Couch. Not that I watch that at all, but when the TV Guide said it would have Olajuwon and Katina and Lindsey and Noi, NO WAY. Lifetime must be losing lots of viewers on this mess.

Edited by Retired at last
  • Like 5
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Shauna said:

I fell asleep and had to rewind this morning to figure out where I knocked off.

I like Clint, but he should have left the bears alone. No need to go looking for them. 

Gina is tolerating Clint.

That's all.  I'm still not finished watching.  It is going to take me three times to make it through this.  Once last night, once before work this morning, and once after work.  What a chore this show has become.  But I'm here for it.  Why, why, why?????

I missed the whole show.  Went to bed at 7 pm as I took antihistamine for allergy.  Taped it.  Still can’t stand Nicole.  She has to remark about everything and is too sure of herself.  She’s just annoying, and aChris became a Wuss with all his love notes.  He’s a Yes man and is losing his identity.

I love Clint.  Gina hardly looks at him.  She should give it more time after decision day.

Jasmine has to say NO.  Arris needs lots of therapy.  Why did the experts pick him?  I’m sure they knew.

I hope Shaq dumps Baby voice.  He can do much better.  She has zero personality and needs some pep pills.

ugh .. Nicole is a know it all and acts like his Mother.  Annoying as F..k.

Horrible season.  What were they thinking when they picked.  All mismatched.  The Experts are of no help at all.  All bullshit talking.  I don’t even know what they are blabbing about .

I don’t trust this show anymore.  It’s not real.

I think Nicole knew someone in Production.  She had way too much Airtime, and too sure of herself.

Edited by kristen111
  • Like 5
  • Useful 1
4 hours ago, Retired at last said:

I also dozed off during the show. In the past, hasn't the retreat been just one show? Now it is two? I realize they cut 30 minutes off, but it still seems like a long time for the show. I HATED the pageant, although some of the men were funny. I also was mad that they chose that jerk as the best husband. I wonder who voted for him? I bet Jasmine didn't! And, yes, everything he said was for the benefit of the others. I am glad Jas spoke up and said she would have preferred he said that to her in private. And I don't think I realized what a gorgeous body she has. I LOVED when she beat him in the wall climbing.

I am just so sick of Nicole and her poor me, love me attitude. She is going to wear Chris out. I don't know why he wore his 80s hair to the pageant, but it was funny.

Clint cracks me up. Gina does not appreciate him at all.  He just seems like he is willing to do anything. She doesn't appreciate it at all. Not to worry, he will not be alone soon. She may be, though. I missed Hank. It did look a little interesting next week when Clint says something like, "NOW you think I'm attractive?" Maybe that was when she was crying? Maybe she realized that she blew any chance she had?

I am also over Shaq and Baby Voice.  Just end the darn thing and stop pretending that you're trying. I REALLY thought Shaq was in the beginning, but now he sees how she is and that he will never get what he wants. But, he also seems like he would be hard to please. He wants too much adoration and attention.

ETA - And zero comments about either the Afterparty or Couples' Couch. Not that I watch that at all, but when the TV Guide said it would have Olajuwon and Katina and Lindsey and Noi, NO WAY. Lifetime must be losing lots of viewers on this mess.

my only comment on the afterparty is that i hate that they insist on having these outside people who know no more than the rest of us instead of current cast members

is it because the rest of the cast do not want to be on the show?   and the guest  pronounced flumoxed like flum-oxed which i found funny.

and they keep showing a commercial about mac sliding into gina's dm's.... are we supposed to care? 

• Like 2

I loved the pageant and it looked like all had a great time, although I was confused when Airris "won".  However, I can't think of anyone else who would've been a clear winner.  Whatever, it was just for fun.  The afterparty mentioned that there was supposed to be a "talent" portion that got cut due to time.  I would've liked to see (very) small clips from that.  Overall it looked like a lighthearted fun weekend with little drama, except for the bears.

Hints of different pairings happening after D-Day may make this more interesting than the entire "regular" season.  Wow, Clint and Gina just can NOT make any chemistry happen!  I get the feeling that Clint would like to "try" a little intimacy just for the heck of it but Gina seems very firm that there is no chance in hell that is going to happen. 

• Like 6
1 minute ago, suzeecat said:

I loved the pageant and it looked like all had a great time, although I was confused when Airris "won".  However, I can't think of anyone else who would've been a clear winner.  Whatever, it was just for fun.  The afterparty mentioned that there was supposed to be a "talent" portion that got cut due to time.  I would've liked to see (very) small clips from that.  Overall it looked like a lighthearted fun weekend with little drama, except for the bears.

Hints of different pairings happening after D-Day may make this more interesting than the entire "regular" season.  Wow, Clint and Gina just can NOT make any chemistry happen!  I get the feeling that Clint would like to "try" a little intimacy just for the heck of it but Gina seems very firm that there is no chance in hell that is going to happen. 

they must have all give Airris their sympathy votes, because there's nothing winner about him

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
4 hours ago, Retired at last said:

There is  also a third couple of "podcasters/I'm not sure what value they add or what they do" on Couples Couch!

It is worse now than before!! Why bring it back?

• Like 5

At the beginning of the episode Nicole talked about how she didn't want to go and told Chris that she wasn't going to have a temper tantrum.  At the retreat she stated she didn't want to go to the pageant but since Chris was so excited she would go and support him.  So, I missed what it was that she was so upset about-was it that they hadn't found an apartment that would take three dogs?  She is really a lot of drama; so exhausting.

I, too, don't understand how Arris "won."  Clint looked really different with his hair slicked back.  The pageant did seem fun though, as did the 80s party.  When the mismatched couples are distracted by an activity and not talking their issues to death, they actually seem to have a good time together.  

• Like 8
8 hours ago, cinsays said:

yeah, i was wondering if there was a woman in the distance that he was looking at when they were talking

i'm not buying all his talk that makes it sound like he's trying.

Jasmine should have left long ago.  She’s looking desparate.  Unless she needs the money.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Retired at last said:

That crazy alcoholic from Boston was on Couples Couch.  Not a fan.  Guess she’s back from California?

• LOL 1

It would have been so interesting if Kirsten had to leave the night of the 80's party for a work event, like Airris, which would have put Jasmine & Shaq as "seventh wheels" at the same party.  I think that's the best pairing of all, and it wouldn't surprise me if they chatted after this show was over.

Body language does not lie.  When Jasmine was saying goodbye to Airris at his car, she reached over to hug him.  He moved his head to the side and out, sort of like you do when you're hugging your aunt.  Someone who really likes you leans in, hugs you a bit longer, and moves their head towards your body, leaning it on your shoulder.  He looked like he was hugging a teacher he ran into.

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

I quite like Airiss and think he's been stuck with being the villian for the season by the edit monkeys. They label all the contestants every year and do their best to create a story line for each of them which we've all found out afterwards is usually quite misleading.

I think at the beginning he wasn't attracted to her and she was Miss Prim and  Proper when he tried to get some reaction out of her with his lewd comments, but he's toned it down since then while she's like a blob of mashed potatoes with her lack of personality. It seems to me that for the past month, he's actually been trying quite diligently to see if there's something there that they could work on while she's just not giving him anything. He's got a lot going for him with a college education and a good job and those big dimples but he's got to make an effort to open his eyes wide and look at whomever he's talking to, especially Jasmine. I actually wouldn't be surprised if they said 'yes' on decision day.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Poor Clint!  He's trying but Gina just doesn't care.  She gives him absolutely no encouragement at all. 

I find him quite attractive.  She just might not know what she's missing.

I was thinking they might spark in the bed sharing.

Did I need to hear about Arris morning ritual in the bathroom?  NO!

Chris always looks so sad.  Honestly he might be a surprise no on decision day!

• Like 6
4 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Poor Clint!  He's trying but Gina just doesn't care.  She gives him absolutely no encouragement at all. 

I find him quite attractive.  She just might not know what she's missing.

I was thinking they might spark in the bed sharing.

Did I need to hear about Arris morning ritual in the bathroom?  NO!

Chris always looks so sad.  Honestly he might be a surprise no on decision day!

But he’s telling her he loves her.  Too premature for that.  She will absolutely freak out if he says NO.  She’s too much all around.  A real know it all.  With her, he doesn’t have a say in anything it seems.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, shok said:

I quite like Airiss and think he's been stuck with being the villian for the season by the edit monkeys. They label all the contestants every year and do their best to create a story line for each of them which we've all found out afterwards is usually quite misleading.

I agree no one this season is truly horrific.   That might be why some find it boring.   There are some cast members that are more annoying than others, but I actually want all of the cast to find happiness with someone (most of them not with their current spouse 🙂).   In previous seasons there were a few cast members that I hope never married again without some major therapy first. 

I enjoyed this episode in particular because for the most part everyone was getting along and having fun.   Loved the wives helping their husbands prepare for the pageant.   And I found a new appreciation for Clint in his pageant outfit.  😉 

• Like 4
On 4/20/2023 at 10:43 AM, Retired at last said:

I also dozed off during the show. In the past, hasn't the retreat been just one show? Now it is two?

when the TV Guide said it would have Olajuwon and Katina and Lindsey and Noi, NO WAY. 

I think it's been two for a while now - usually with some kind of cliffhanger after someone stormed out crying or stormed in throwing furniture around!  😂.

As for Lindsey and Noi - who would want to see that?

On 4/20/2023 at 3:10 PM, seacliffsal said:

Clint looked really different with his hair slicked back.  

I didn't like it.  Bad job Gina!

I still think Arris is a creep.  He only stopped with the lewd talk because he's socially aware enough to get that no one wants to hear about his "orgies" 😖

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
6 minutes ago, princelina said:

he's socially aware enough to get that no one wants to hear about his "orgies" 😖

Unfortunately, it looks like the previews show that Jasmine does! She had said that she was looking forward to her husband "teaching her." I don't think that is true anymore, but it did show her saying she wanted to know how many orgies he has been to.

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 1
Just now, Retired at last said:

Unfortunately, it looks like the previews show that Jasmine does! She had said that she was looking forward to her husband "teaching her." I don't think that is true anymore, but it did show her saying she wanted to know how many orgies he has been to.

Searched in vain for the vomit emoji . . . . . 🤢

• LOL 6
46 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

The way he keeps mentioning it I would guess zero.

• LOL 6
On 4/20/2023 at 7:22 PM, kristen111 said:

That crazy alcoholic from Boston was on Couples Couch.  Not a fan.  Guess she’s back from California?

It’s me again.  Btw, I wish the show would have the ones on that said “no” like the crazy alcoholics husband from Boston who dumped her.  They should have them all on so we could see how they are doing now .. if they got married or not.  They now have a few on Couples Couch thst were dumped or said no at the end.  I think having these people on would be interesting.  A few years ago, thst prissy blonde Molly dumped her husband.  He wound up marrying the blonde sex therapist that was on that show.  She had two or three kids from a previous marriage, but got together with him, and they are very happy I read.  How about it Show?  Bring them on again.  Let’s see how they are doing.

• Like 2