Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E20: Woodstone’s Hottest Couple

Neptune
  • Start Topic

Pete: "Uh, I bet he [the Beholder] used his ray of disintegration."

Yeah, of course he did Pete. The Beholder may have many rays but the disintegration ray is pretty much the most powerfull and a signature move.

On 4/29/2023 at 7:40 PM, shapeshifter said:

Was Thor pretending to not remember Sass's girlfriend because Thor has been hanging out with Flower, who we now know sometimes "forgets" stuff even when she does remember? 

Thor is clearly a massive troll. Pretending not to remember what a car is called, etc.

I guess you have to pass the time somewhow.

• Like 8
On 4/28/2023 at 10:01 AM, tennisgurl said:

I loved the slow motion "takes off glasses and is revealed to be a hottie" bit with the 80s music playing, ending with a 16 Candles moment. Maybe Stephanie will wake up a few more times a year now? 

OMG - that scene was everything this Gen Xer needed! My husband and I died when the music started all the way to them sitting cross legged in the attic. Loved it!

On 4/28/2023 at 10:01 AM, tennisgurl said:

I love how Hetty and Trevor decided to keep things secret again between them and that Thor and Flower bonded over owls. 

"It'll be rough to watch them wither and die, but for now, this is nice." 

My favorite line: "You know what's not hot? Exposing your genitalia during tea time!" I am kind of with Stephanie - I think it's gone overboard with all the ghosts pairing up; I would be fine with Thor and Flower breaking up. I do love Hetty and Trevor, so this was the perfect ending for me......"Has anyone tried Diet Peach Snapple?" Ha ha ha!

And even though it's funny, I'm sure what Alberta said has crossed their minds many times before. I think this one will be different though because Sam can actually communicate with them.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
18 hours ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

Hetty must be able to temporarily remove her undergarments, but perhaps she has to hold onto them the whole time?

Not really necessary. 🙃😉

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
On 4/28/2023 at 1:18 AM, possibilities said:

They were talking about "a destination restaurant". I think that it's actually as viable as the B&B itself, and in fact that it might enhance the B&B because people could make it a weekend, where they come for a fancy meal, stay at the B&B, and it becomes a whole vacation. 

But if Jay is the chef at this destination restaurant, will he still have time to cook the regular B&B meals? I think he has made both breakfast and dinner for the few guests so far (correct me if wrong). Maybe he could still make breakfast (someone has to, since that's what the second B is for), but for dinner I guess the guests would eat at the barn restaurant instead of the smaller scale house dining room. 

• Like 1
On 4/28/2023 at 1:27 PM, DanaK said:

Why didn't the basement ghost's glasses return to his face?

Good point, and it reminded me that Crash's head should have returned to his body after Isaac and then Flower tossed it. Is there an explanation other than "that's what the writers want"?

On 4/28/2023 at 12:18 PM, proserpina65 said:
On 4/28/2023 at 12:03 PM, iMonrey said:

My big LOL moment was when they were all guessing baseball movies and Flower shouted "Barbarella!"

I almost didn't catch that one, but when I realized what she'd said, I nearly rolled off the couch laughing.

I'm embarrassed to admit that I heard her shout "Barbarella" but don't get why it was funny, other than the movie had nothing to do with baseball.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
8 minutes ago, Paloma said:

Good point, and it reminded me that Crash's head should have returned to his body after Isaac and then Flower tossed it. Is there an explanation other than "that's what the writers want"?

If Crash died with his head cut off, assuming it was cut off and flew away from his body, then his head should never actually stay on his body in death. It would amuse me to think that every time he gets his head back whoever is in charge of the ghosts comes up with odd ways for him to lose it again, like Flower and Isaac tossing it around. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
4 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

"You know what's not hot? Exposing your genitalia during tea time!"

How does that even happen, btw.? Trevor only gave away his pants in his hero move, not his underwear. Was he jsut straight up not wearing any?

Didn't we actually see him wearing underwear during that scene? I'd have to rewatch...

• Useful 2

I definitely think they would have to hire more staff to run the restaurant. But I figure they will take at least a season renovating the barn, so they don't have to deal with that problem right away.

A person who died of dysentery, and is rumored to reek, ought to consider not casting stones at the manners of others who may be involuntarily pantsless at tea.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5
14 minutes ago, PurpleTentacle said:

How does that even happen, btw.? Trevor only gave away his pants in his hero move, not his underwear. Was he jsut straight up not wearing any?

Didn't we actually see him wearing underwear during that scene? I'd have to rewatch...

You know, I don't remember - I guess I was assuming he wasn't wearing underwear, but it would require going back to that episode and seeing if they show any.....

1 hour ago, Mabinogia said:

If Crash died with his head cut off, assuming it was cut off and flew away from his body, then his head should never actually stay on his body in death. It would amuse me to think that every time he gets his head back whoever is in charge of the ghosts comes up with odd ways for him to lose it again, like Flower and Isaac tossing it around. 

The British version of the show has many gags with the decapitated ghost losing his head, or the other ghosts tossing it around, etc. But he is an integral part of that cast, whereas Crash has been mostly absent on this show. On the British version, when his head is "on" his body, it's really just resting there, so it falls off easily. It seems the same for Crash.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
17 minutes ago, PurpleTentacle said:

Trevor also gave his underwear because he didn't want the kid's balls rubbing up against his brand new suit pants.

• Like 12
  • Useful 4
1 hour ago, incandescent said:

Trevor also gave his underwear because he didn't want the kid's balls rubbing up against his brand new suit pants.

Whew, I was remembering that correctly. I thought that was the case but then I was like, that's kind of, now the kids balls are in the same knickers Trevor's balls were just in... then I realized I was thinking way too much about ghost balls and gave up. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
9 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

Whew, I was remembering that correctly. I thought that was the case but then I was like, that's kind of, now the kids balls are in the same knickers Trevor's balls were just in... then I realized I was thinking way too much about ghost balls and gave up. 

Yeah, but suit pants are a lot more expensive. Much easier to just toss the boxers.

• Like 6
(edited)
On 5/1/2023 at 7:33 PM, ams1001 said:

The local library probably has ebooks and audiobooks online. And Trevor could do ebooks if they set up a tablet or something, right?

Alberta can be heard by Alexa. Audiobooks are easy to ask for.

Last season, some other poster pointed out that the Iron Vault demonstrated that ghosts can touch but not pass through iron. That person mused about whether the ghosts could handle iron tools. Putting a few iron dowels in their hands could make them much more independent. Nigel could probably turn the pages of a book!

Edited by KarenX
Rectified a wacky copy/paste
  • Like 4
  • Useful 2

The "rule" is that you stay the way you were when you died. This is maybe a little TMI but one would assume crash technically died when his head was severed but before it was dislocated. So it's not the same as when Thor cuts off Pete's hand. Pete's hand was intact when he died; Crash's head was not. It's permanently detached but can be on or off his body. It's never re-attached, it's just sort of perched on his neck.

• Like 5
9 hours ago, iMonrey said:

The "rule" is that you stay the way you were when you died. This is maybe a little TMI but one would assume crash technically died when his head was severed but before it was dislocated. So it's not the same as when Thor cuts off Pete's hand. Pete's hand was intact when he died; Crash's head was not. It's permanently detached but can be on or off his body. It's never re-attached, it's just sort of perched on his neck.

However it is a parallel to when Thor died, assuming he died somewhat after his metal helmet was struck by lightning and flew off. If he had died instantly, he would still be wearing that helmet.

• Like 1
On 4/28/2023 at 10:36 AM, proserpina65 said:

Tea is awesome.  But I'm not sure I'd want to talk about it and nothing else for an hour.  Although Nigel is right about green tea.

Tea drinker here. But as a ghost who can smell but not taste, I'd be all for a coffee klatch instead. Coffee smells great, and the history and culture surrounding coffee is more interesting (I've watched a couple coffee documentaries). I write this as one who has never taken more than maybe 6 sips of coffee in my entire life.

Just want to add something about broadcasting. In the 1930s, radio broadcasts had a surprising reach throughout the US. Even the Waltons had one up on the mountain. Hetty's family had one of the first telephones; you can be sure the home had a radio, too, in the 1920s. I doubt that anyone in the Hudson Valley was cut off from the world.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
On 5/3/2023 at 11:13 PM, KarenX said:

Last season, some other poster pointed out that the Iron Vault demonstrated that ghosts can touch but not pass through iron. That person mused about whether the ghosts could handle iron tools.

Ooo! Thin slices of keyboard-key shaped pieces of iron could be glued onto the keys for any of the ghosts to attain Trevor's access to the internet. 
Or maybe just paint the keys with paint that has iron-based pigment??
Of course, this would mean firewalls and Parental Controls would need to be installed.
A programmer might die at the Woodstone and become a ghost who could circumvent all these protections. The programmer would need lots of Thorapy to resolve their issues so they could get sucked off ASAP! LOL

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2