Type keyword(s) to search

S25: Brooke & Robbie

• Start Topic

(edited)

I will say this.  For all of Brooke's whining and Ugly American attitude, she and Robbie do race like they want this.  From what we saw, they dominated most of this leg right until the oxen came along.  Then, they screwed themselves by taking the largest pond.  Had they chosen one of the shorter ones, they probably might've won the leg.  Or at least not be stuck with the Speed Bump on the next leg.

Their attitudes toward Amy & Maya have me hoping they don't overcome it, though.

Edited by Donny Ketchum
  • Love 6

Does she ever stop complaining? I guess she doesn't complain while she's bragging about how they don't even know what continent they're on. But if there's a way to whine and brag at the same time, she can do it!

Rooting against them, needless to say.

• Love 6

Brooke is really pretty but is the BIGGEST complainer about everything. She complains before, during & after every task. Whereas Robbie might complain it's kind of funny or goofy. I'm not sure what she was expecting from the race but she (they) continually say how tough & rough they are as wrestlers that you'd think they (she) would be a little more tough. IMO!!!

I knew it was going to be a NEL but in my heart I was hoping we could just pretend it wasn't. We were so close to getting rid of them! That said, in spite of the almost constant complaining (from both of them this time) they did power through and complete the tasks. But I'd like to see them go next week.

• Love 3

I think they want to be the team you love to hate.  But I just hate them, well, Brooke anyway.  Although Robbie said one of the stupidest (and funniest) things I've heard on TAR when he said how once having a goldfish gave him experience and helped him with the fish task.

• Love 1

For once, they ran an amazing leg!  They got on a jeepney heading the right way to their Speed Bump, finished that Speed Bump fast, and for the most part, didn't struggle too much at the Detour.  Robbie had some stumbles at the Roadblock, but he figured out his mistake, and they actually got their first win, as a result.

Nonetheless, the way they've acted -- especially me -- rooting for them to be the team eliminated midway through the final leg in next week's finale.

Edited by Donny Ketchum
  • Love 4

I didn't like how Brooke aS acting toward the basketball opponents. There was no reason to come across so fiercely competitive and intimidating. Not every culture plays like that, and there was no reason for it. It seemed disrespectful to me.

• Love 2

I dislike Brooke and Robbie, but I can't get upset that she was aggressive during a task on the Amazing Race.  I was hoping her ineptitude in the first couple of minutes would continue, but was impressed that once she got going she appeared to know how to play a little.

• Love 4

I could not have been happier to see them be the team to get eliminated mid-leg. It was nice going into the finish knowing that there was no chance the eventual winner would be Brooke and Robbie. Well, mostly just Brooke. Can you imagine if we'd had to listen to her complaining during that final task? 

• Love 10

I like Robbie a lot. Even, when he was a "jerk" he was sort of likable. Brooke got less likable as the show went on. He's an awesome looking dude and I'm sure he'll do just fine in the dating department. That said, there is no way either of them would have survived the container challenge. They can't drive without getting lost so I doubt they would have found their way out of the container maze. They would have come in third or still be there doing it. LOL!!!!

• Love 3

I didn't hate Robbie & Brooke as much as some others. The whole time I took them as playing the heels on TAR, like they would on a wrestling show. While Brooke might just be a huge b*tch in real life too, I was mostly entertained by their antics.

If they really broke up it's a shame (but Robbie can probably do better) since they won't appear on a future All-Star episode. I guess Misti & Jim are solid, though.

If they really broke up it's a shame (but Robbie can probably do better) since they won't appear on a future All-Star episode. I guess Misti & Jim are solid, though.

I wouldn't be surprised if they agreed to team up even if they're not together for the sake of publicity.

I wouldn't be surprised if they agreed to team up even if they're not together for the sake of publicity.

I hope not. Seeing them once was one time too many. I did skip a season of the race because of returning cast members, and these two would make me consider doing so again. I completely detest her.

• Love 4

I watched T&T's youtube video of the TAR Finale party, and it looks like Brooke and the teams have no animosity towards one another at all.  Brooke was staying at T&T, and Amy hung out with them a lot, and they all went to the parties together along with the Bikers and Dennis & Isabelle, and Amy & Jason from Season 23.  I imagine it might be a tad awkward to watch themselves on screen criticizing one another, but they all seem over it.

If Jim got beaten by his own hubris, then Brooke & Robbie got beaten even harder by their own!  While I give Brooke credit for admitting that Amy & Maya didn't make the rules and actually explaining why she felt irritated at them still being in it, I found her calling their survival "disgusting" as completely off-putting.  And Robbie, as usual, wasn't much better.

Still, I'd already known they'd be falling out of the running in fourth place, but didn't know how.  Until they kept getting lost.  By far, that was the worst final leg of racing I'd ever seen.  But so worth it for their mid-leg elimination.  I kinda figured it was coming at the first Roadblock when I only saw three boats at the Coast Guard task.  But I'd have liked seeing one of them do the task, anyway, and then being tossed at the boats . . . unless that was the plan, and they took too long finding the place.

Either way, a well-deserved comeuppance for them, and it was even more worth it seeing Brooke try to pretend to be happy for Amy & Maya at the finish line (she went right to hug Misti & Jim after all the teams had finished) and Robbie just looking like he wanted to be anywhere else.

• Love 3

Tired of their whining. Even in their interviews they are whining about not getting a prize for the leg that they won. They just don't understand the concept of a continued leg. There was no prize, there was no speed bump, there was no elimination. Get over it. They are complaining that they didn't get a prize and say that other teams who won the first part of a to be continued leg had gotten prizes not shown on air but they didn't. And so they whine some more.

And Brooke has an amazing sense of smell which is why she complained about things smelling so much. And all sorts of other dumb ass excuses.

They would have been smoked in that final challenge if they were still in the race. As in, someone would have gotten them from the site after the winner came in and the rest of the case had flown home smoked.

Just uggghhhhh

• Love 2

Tired of their whining. Even in their interviews they are whining about not getting a prize for the leg that they won. They just don't understand the concept of a continued leg. There was no prize, there was no speed bump, there was no elimination. Get over it. They are complaining that they didn't get a prize and say that other teams who won the first part of a to be continued leg had gotten prizes not shown on air but they didn't. And so they whine some more.

Actually . . . I don't blame them here.  Like they said, other teams who won these types of legs did earn prizes.  Gary & Mallory won the Express Pass in TAR18.  Margie & Luke won a trip in that same season.  I think Amani & Marcus won one in TAR19.  I also think Dave & Connor won one in TAR22.  And Brandon & Adam won one in TAR23.  Though we didn't see it, Jaime & Cara won jet skis in TAR14.  So that's the one thing I won't come down on them for, since I'd have expected one, too.  Especially after the leg they ran to win it.

• Love 5

It always has seemed very arbitrary and random to me, some legs you get a prize, prizes vary, sometimes there is no prize. It seemed like it was up to the sponsors, because prizes usually were attached to a commercial. A car company or Travelocity, usually. There's no guarantee of a prize, though, so they need to shut up. There has always been an element of luck on the race, so what? To me it's like a game show contestant whining that their questions were harder than someone else's.

Shot happens get over it.

I think they're complaining so they get asked back for another race. I hope it doesn't happen, I've had enough of them on my TV.

• Love 2

As backformore said, in previous races, there have been teams who have won nothing for coming first.  I always feel badly for those teams for fighting for first but getting nothing, while some teams luck out by getting prize upon prize.  I think even Amy said she felt badly for Brooke and Rob for not getting a prize.  As long as they are not claiming they were the only team ever not to get a prize, I don't mind mild complaining.  

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 2

I finally got around to watching my recordings of The Titan Games over the long weekend and spotted Robbie as a contestant on episode 2. Apparently, he does videos on YouTube about staying fit while being a stay at home dad these days in addition to wrestling. His wife was mentioned, but not named or seen, so I have no clue if that's Brooke or not.