Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Some Lusty Tornado

• Start Topic

Why is Stuart sneaking into his girlfriend's flat?  They don't live together.   This was established in "where would the dog live" discussion. So there's no reason he'd need to go to her flat if he had no intent of waking her up.

• Like 1
On 4/22/2023 at 4:00 PM, Irlandesa said:

Why is Stuart sneaking into his girlfriend's flat?  They don't live together.   This was established in "where would the dog live" discussion. So there's no reason he'd need to go to her flat if he had no intent of waking her up.

I didn’t realize until this ep that their relationship was secret. No one seemed to be trying to keep it secret, and they work in a town that operates on secrets. And none of them should be in a position to be compromised. I assumed everyone knew.

What really threw me was I thought his gf was way older than Stuart, maybe late 40s, and the actress is 31.

This “who attacked the British ship” thing is going on way too long.

• Like 2

So, I think we learned for the first time in this episode that Kate was Hal's deputy when he was serving as ambassador?  I wonder if their relationship began while they were working together... and whether he was married at the time.  I guess we may find out more in future episodes.  

• Useful 1

The "lusty tornado" scene (where Kate was intensely flirting with and being flirted with by her husband and the foreign secretary) was ridiculous to me. Not only did it seem totally out of character for Kate's normally brusque personality, but it was out of character for Dennison's reserved and proper personality, and inappropriate behavior for an ambassador representing her country at a function. I also have a hard time believing in this possible romantic triangle because I see zero chemistry between Kate and Dennison, and it bugs me that a show can't have a strong female lead without softening her with flirtation and romance.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
On 4/29/2023 at 12:53 AM, Ottis said:

No one seemed to be trying to keep it secret, and they work in a town that operates on secrets. And none of them should be in a position to be compromised. I assumed everyone knew.

Now that I think about it that was weird. I would imagine that a CIA station chief would have their entire life exposed to their bosses. So how exactly do others not know?

On 4/29/2023 at 12:53 AM, Ottis said:

This “who attacked the British ship” thing is going on way too long.

What is weird to me is there hasn't really been any indication as to why Russia attacked the UK. Since an attack on a NATO member would be a pretty big deal wouldn't it? And I am no treaty expert, but if the UK said they needed help in defending themselves don't the other NATO nations have to do it?

• Like 2
On 5/12/2023 at 9:09 AM, Paloma said:

The "lusty tornado" scene (where Kate was intensely flirting with and being flirted with by her husband and the foreign secretary) was ridiculous to me. Not only did it seem totally out of character for Kate's normally brusque personality, but it was out of character for Dennison's reserved and proper personality, and inappropriate behavior for an ambassador representing her country at a function. I also have a hard time believing in this possible romantic triangle because I see zero chemistry between Kate and Dennison, and it bugs me that a show can't have a strong female lead without softening her with flirtation and romance.

I found that moment seriously jarring. It was like suddenly someone sat her on a couch and told her to pantomime flirting with these two guys in a way that we've never seen her interact with anyone at all. I practically expected her to pull out a lace fan to flutter in front of her face when she wasn't tapping them playfully with it.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

Not only did it seem totally out of character for Kate's normally brusque personality, but it was out of character for Dennison's reserved and proper personality,

To be fair, we've only seen these two characters in work mode for the most part, so we really don't know what's in and out of character just yet.

I also have a hard time believing in this possible romantic triangle because I see zero chemistry between Kate and Dennison,

I can see anyone attracted to Dennison, the voice, the body, the face...

and it bugs me that a show can't have a strong female lead without softening her with flirtation and romance.

Bugs me too.

I'm all set for a new spin-off called The Home Secretary's Sister!

• Like 3