Type keyword(s) to search

S25: Adam & Bethany

• Start Topic

I think they made the right Detour choice since I don't see Bethany keeping a good hold on the fish bucket with only one arm.  She was at least marginally more helpful attaching the sidecar than she would've been with the fish.  Also, good job with the ox, though they had me worried when they got out of that task in last place.  And I'm still confused as to how they did pass Brooke & Robbie up when they were clearly out of the task first.

Third place, and a close shave, indeed.  Glad they're not stuck with the Speed Bump.

There wasn't really an opportunity for them to dominate this week. They're kind of boring when they're not racing through tasks. It makes sense. Most normal people are not ready to perform for the cameras. But it doesn't make them very interesting to watch. They seemed to pile on with the others about the condition of the areas they were passing through and I was not thrilled with Bethany's gender/ability correlation comments this week.

They seemed to pile on with the others about the condition of the areas they were passing through

They were riding with the Wrestlers, so I guess who you're with does affect how you act (especially with Brooke's exaggerated gagging the entire trip).  If they had been with Maya and Amy, they might have been a bit different.

Edited by Camera One

They started strongly and never looked back.  They actually thought to check on the correct direction of the jeepney and got back to Manila first, and then, Adam owned the This Detour.  Losing the clue was a stupid mistake, though.  If they hadn't, they might've kept up their usual good racing and won the leg.  Adam not catching the document was another costly error, too, but one from which he recovered, at least.

Second was deserved, but they need to race for first on this next leg.  Good luck to them!

Losing the clue was a stupid mistake, though.

What baffled me was that it wasn't really lost--why did they wander aimlessly for so long before searching the backpack? Everyone seems to be making mistakes like this. Does everyone have the Killer Fatigue?

• Love 3

Sometimes, you look for something and it's there but you don't see it, especially in a rush.  I'm assuming that's what happened?   Maybe it was just editing making it look like they wandered around for so long.

I don't think it was editing.  They had to have lost a lot of time to have been passed by Misti & Jim, on whom they had quite a lead, because they couldn't find their clue.

I think he looked in the top of his stuff in the backpack, but the second time he really dug around in it.  The clue was mixed in further down in his stuff.  He must have really jammed it in there.

If you can access the bonus clips on cbs.com I recommend them.  Surfers have a clip talking about how one of them (Bethany, I think), kind of dropped the clue into Adam's backpack without noticing, and it got jammed down.  And Adam did say he wanted to search his backpack when they found a safe place.

I don't think its fair that both team members don't have to do an equal amount challenges as used to be the case. Also, I wish they would do away with the double u turn. Or if someone gets u-turned they shouldn't be able to u turn the next team. Lastly in regards to the candy girls, I give them credit that they won however I don't think it was fair that they didn't have to do a speedbump for finishing last in the previous leg. Since that is how the game had been played all season long. At the very least they should not have allowed everyone to bunch up again.

Lastly in regards to the candy girls, I give them credit that they won however I don't think it was fair that they didn't have to do a speedbump for finishing last in the previous leg. Since that is how the game had been played all season long. At the very least they should not have allowed everyone to bunch up again.

When there have been "keep racing" finishes in the past, the last team has never been given a penalty, because it's not really the end of the leg. Also, the teams almost always bunch up right before the final leg. 

• Love 3

When there have been "keep racing" finishes in the past, the last team has never been given a penalty, because it's not really the end of the leg. Also, the teams almost always bunch up right before the final leg. 

That doesn't make it fair, though. Though it's not "technically" the end of the leg in official Amazing Race lingo, if you put an obligatory bunch-up right afterwards it is for all practical purposes the end of the leg. Plus, without a penalty, it means that the last 2 legs had absolutely no effect on the game.  I'm super happy Amy and Maya won but I understand the other teams' frustration.

My rooting value for this team decreased when Adam let his irritation at Amy & Maya being saved be known.  But that was it.

Other than that, they made a couple of mistakes of their own when they got lost on the way to the first Roadblock.  Though I tittered when the fireman seemed to recognize Bethany.  Didn't know she was that well-known.  That said, Adam killed the first Roadblock, and they killed the Coast Guard task.  But when the last Roadblock was revealed to be a memory-based one, and Bethany was stuck doing it, I knew they were toast.  And indeed, she proved my thoughts correct.

Still, good on them to reach the final leg, and I'm glad they took losing with grace.

• Love 1

I've read - maybe in the race application form - that teams get a stipend for being on the show.  The amount depends upon how long they last until elimination and they aren't paid until their final episode is aired.  $10,000 may be the stipend amount.  A lot cheaper than paying equity to actors.

Although that does bring up something I've wondered about: when TAR has stunt-casted actors, are union members paid full equity or do they only cast non-union actors?  I'm curious about that.