Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, ww92 said:

I doubt Melissa is in charge of choosing the dates for cheer competitions. And I doubt that  Teresa would have told Miliania she'd have to skip her competition and lose her spot  on a team in order to attend Antonia's party if the roles were reversed. They can both save the stupid excuses and act like reasonable adults and teach their children to do the same.

Teams have backups. Again, Melissa can save the excuses.

39 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

Antonia had a team sport competition in Pennsylvania which is why she couldn’t make it.

It was a team event. There are backups.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Useful 1
2 minutes ago, ZettaK said:

Teams have backups. Agian, Melissa can save the excuses.

But missing the event apparently would have meant kicking her off the team. With the amount of money invested into cheer, Melissa wouldn't let that happen. 

Plenty of fault on both sides in this instance.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1

17 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

But missing the event apparently would have meant kicking her off the team. With the amount of money invested into cheer, Melissa wouldn't let that happen. 

Plenty of fault on both sides in this instance.

How much money is invested by the parents? Antonia does this (cheerleading) for a short period of time. Melissa mentioned it only at the end of the previous season. The Giudice girls danced (like Audriana) since elementary school, and participated in team sports for many years from at least junior high on. Melissa forced it on Antonia (it was obvious from the show when Antonia was injured), and I don't doubt she pushed for it because cheerleeding became more inclusive lately. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 1
22 minutes ago, ZettaK said:

How much money is invested by the parents? Antonia does this (cheerleading) for a short period of time. Melissa mentioned it only at the end of the previous season. The Giudice girls danced (like Audriana) since elementary school, and participated in team sports for many years from at least junior high on. Melissa forced it on Antonia (it was obvious from the show when Antonia was injured), and I don't doubt she pushed for it because cheerleeding became more inclusive lately. 

I don't know how long Antonia did cheer but it doesn't matter. She was on a team and the team had a competition to attend, the date of which Melissa and Antonia had no control over. Apparently Antonia had already missed one team competition (I don't know what that reason was) and would  have lost her spot  on the team had she missed another one.

My kids didn't do cheer but did other sports and I wouldn't have let them skip a competition in order to attend a party. IMO that teaches them that showing up for the team  and fulfilling your obligation as part of a team isn't important. Sometimes they'll have to miss out on things that might be more fun because they've already committed to something else. ETA: We always knew when meets/games were going to be held at the beginning of the season. We didn't know if our kid would be participating in a meet/game if it was some sort of finals or state thing, because that depended  on their performance throughout the season. But I could  have told someone months out that my kid could/couldn't make an event on a certain date or I could tell them I wasn't  sure, it depended on if they made the finals/state team, but even then they were expected to go to the event to cheer on the team members who did make it. If every kid on a team bailed because they got invited to some party, no sports would ever happen. In my experience, the coaches are pretty hard core about that stuff.

Again, the adult thing to do would  have been  for both sides to run dates by one another and try to figure out something that would work for both. If nothing could be found then offering an alternate date for the two girls to do something special, Melissa's treat. As parents,  both should have encouraged their daughters to talk to one another and offer apologies and regrets and to work out something else special to do.

That ain't  gonna happen in the Gorga/Guidice world.

Edited by ww92
  • Like 7
  • Applause 5
  • Love 2
On 4/18/2023 at 8:36 PM, RecoveringLawyer said:

Why does no one call out Fessler for stirring the pot? Last episode asking about the bridesmaids and this time asking about the relationship between the cousins?!?! What the actual fuck? I’m done with her.

Whoops - maybe that was Fuda. 

I agree about Fuda. Sure, Tre answered, but she always blurts out answers without even thinking. She's just not quick enough not to. She didn't have a malignant tone, either.

I'm getting sick of the Ste. Melissa act. After Joe kept going at Teresa, and the lies from Melissa about doing so much for Teresa's kids, it's getting a little old. "You didn't invite my MIL, blah, blah." Melissa turned down the admittedly belated invitation to be in the wedding, but turns around and acts as though she wasn't asked at all. Meh.

• Like 7
On 4/19/2023 at 7:02 AM, Gigi43 said:

I knew the women would freak out over Irish pudding. They're there to drink and shop, not try out anything outside of their own cultures.

I was really disappointed they didn't try any local dishes! If you're going to eat the same old same old, stay home!

• Like 7

I'm NJ Italian-American.   It is a big no no to miss a party that your family is hosting.   People who are saying you have to teach about team loyalty don't understand that family loyalty ALWAYS comes before anything else.  If you miss something, you will pay the consequences.   I missed my cousin's dtr's bridal shower (because I was living in NY city and had no car at the time).  Because of that I was not invited to the wedding, nor to the bridal showers or weddings of the next two daughters.  

• Like 6
  • Sad 4
  • Useful 3
10 minutes ago, Doublemint said:

I'm NJ Italian-American.   It is a big no no to miss a party that your family is hosting.   People who are saying you have to teach about team loyalty don't understand that family loyalty ALWAYS comes before anything else.  If you miss something, you will pay the consequences.   I missed my cousin's dtr's bridal shower (because I was living in NY city and had no car at the time).  Because of that I was not invited to the wedding, nor to the bridal showers or weddings of the next two daughters.  

I would love to not be invited to bridal and baby showers! 

Seriously, if there are circumstances that keep you from attending and you give them notice it is ashame that family cannot understand. I'd send crappy gifts if not invited to events because of how petty family is being because I could be petty too! 

• Like 10
  • Love 1
On 4/21/2023 at 6:05 PM, ZettaK said:

Teams have backups. Again, Melissa can save the excuses.

I think committment is exactly that. Don't sign up for a team if you'll want to go to a cousin's party. If Antonia isn't one of the "backups" then she's important to the team.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
On 4/21/2023 at 11:04 PM, renatae said:

Tre answered, but she always blurts out answers without even thinking. She's just not quick enough not to. She didn't have a malignant tone, either.

I picked up Tre's tone as soon as she answered (question: Do the kids all get along?). She started with, " Well yeah, BUT Antonia didn't..." And Melissa stepped in. I've been watching Teresa since season one, and I guarantees her "Yeah - buts" are always nasty or very low.

• Like 10
  • Applause 1

Theresa is very good at hitting below the belt.  She's like the snake you pick up and it bites you.  You're surprised but shouldn't be....it's a SNAKE!

She now has Louie to back her up in all things giving her more power.

Teresa's a snake and brother Joe is a hot head.  Always a winning combination.

• Like 3
On 4/19/2023 at 5:22 PM, Hedgehog2022 said:

I have to disagree. Having them shoot the kids playing or interacting with their parents is one thing, but it is another thing to attack a minor child on camera. We all know what kind of reponse Teresa would have had if anyone, especially Melissa, had done the same to one of her precious daughters. Bravo probably should have edited this out but it did expose how low Teresa can go.

Well, Jackie certainly did that to Gia a few years ago… don’t remember many standing up for her. I saw people twisting themselves into pretzels to defend Jackie and her BS “analogy” - not because they believed the lie or Jackie’s pathetic defense, but because they dislike Tre and have zero problem also hating on her daughters. 
Oh and there was zero defense/anger from Aunt Mel… who was also desperate to defend her friend. So I’m not all that sad for Antonia. All Tre said was that she skipped Milania’s party. Statement of fact. Far cry from the criminal lie Jackie said about Gia.

• Like 6
On 4/22/2023 at 12:21 PM, Doublemint said:

Co-signing this as a fellow Italian American! Don’t miss family stuff without a great excuse - we love to hold grudges. Not saying it’s smart or an admirable trait but it’s a real thing.

Don’t get me started on anniversary dates of passed family members. I had a whole relationship implode over an ex not wanting to observe the first anniversary of my mother’s passing with me. This loser hid in my father’s house and “worked” on a Saturday while I went to dinner with my dad and a few friends. A little over a year later, I married one of those friends!

The Gorgas have a track record of this, since they skipped the observance of Mother Gorga’s passing to vacation on the beach, right? Rules for thee but not for me, and all that. No need to ask why I can’t stand them and their hypocrisy.

Edited by thesupremediva1
  • Like 7

Irish American here - come, or don't come to the party. We save grudges for other slights, most of which we don't precisely remember. 

Hell, I missed my godson's first communion because I had a previous commitment in another state and my sister didn't care. 

I agree that I'd choose Melissa to hang out with over Theresa any day of the week. Melissa may be shallow, but Theresa is FERAL. Not even close.

• Like 10
  • LOL 2
13 hours ago, Chalby said:

I think committment is exactly that. Don't sign up for a team if you'll want to go to a cousin's party. If Antonia isn't one of the "backups" then she's important to the team.

Here's the thing. Melissa admitted Antonia had "already missed one competition so would be kicked off if she missed another." What was more important with the first thing she missed? I say.... priorities... 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

Taking the cheer event out of the equation, curious if any of the Gorgas attended Milania's Sweet Sixteen party. You know they all didn't go watch a cheerleading event and I don't see any of them in the pics. 

Someone on social media looked up & posted the cheer schedule and it seems that Melissa lied about the reason they didn't go. Antonia's team was in Wayne, NJ not out of state in Pennsylvania like she said. 

The issue I have is the rules aren't equally applied. I distinctly remember Melissa & Joe complaining/making a big deal out of Gia being late to one of the boys christenings (she missed the church but came to the banquet hall) yet it's an abomination when Teresa dares to say that Milania's feeling were hurt. 

Edited by snarts
  • Like 5
  • Useful 3
7 hours ago, thesupremediva1 said:

Well, Jackie certainly did that to Gia a few years ago… don’t remember many standing up for her. I saw people twisting themselves into pretzels to defend Jackie and her BS “analogy” - not because they believed the lie or Jackie’s pathetic defense, but because they dislike Tre and have zero problem also hating on her daughters. 
Oh and there was zero defense/anger from Aunt Mel… who was also desperate to defend her friend. So I’m not all that sad for Antonia. All Tre said was that she skipped Milania’s party. Statement of fact. Far cry from the criminal lie Jackie said about Gia.

Yes! Jackie was so mad about Evans cheating coming out that she had to say something vile about Gia to get back at Tre. Margaret certainly wouldn’t defend Tres children because Jackie is Margaret’s little lap doggie. 
That said, I don’t think Teresa needed to bring up Antonia. It was actually a stupid question on Rachel Fudas part. The parents are constantly fighting, of course the kids aren’t close.

• Like 6
  • Sad 2
3 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Jackie never speaks!  I see her at the parties but she’s certainly silent most of the time!

Exit Left coming up for Jackie???

She filmed with hopes of returning as a full time housewife but most viewers don’t like her. The powers that be realized they can’t make fetch happen and demoted her to the dreaded “friend of.” Hopefully we won’t see her at all next season.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
On 4/24/2023 at 4:03 PM, snarts said:

Someone on social media looked up & posted the cheer schedule and it seems that Melissa lied about the reason they didn't go. Antonia's team was in Wayne, NJ not out of state in Pennsylvania like she said. 

Okay, that's hilarious that of course somebody checked and she lied.

That said, if Melissa wasn't trying to simply build on the drama that Teresa started with her "Well, but..." she would have just responded like a normal person and said, "No, the kids get along great. Antonia wanted to go to that party but she had a cheer thing she couldn't miss and Milania knows that and they went out later..." or something like that. Jumping into making it some big slight to Antonia rather than just correcting the implication made it a bigger fight, which presumably is the point.

After all, the question wasn't about who fulfills their fambly obligations consistently, but whether the kids hate each other.

• Like 7

I don't care what anyone says, Melissa is a badass this season and I love that she's finally not taking any of Teresa's shit. Teresa has had this coming for YEARS. Shove it, T.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
On 4/24/2023 at 10:04 AM, thesupremediva1 said:

I guess you didn't understand my comment...I don't think it is appropriate to insert minor children into adult situations, especially on camera. For me, I think putting any minor children into personal adult heated discussions on TV should be off limits...whether it's Jackie, Teresa or any of the other women. Shame on Bravo for not editing this out and for using the Jackie/Gia comment from several seasons ago as a storyline for that season. And personally speaking for myself, I will defend any of these children and feel empathy for them for the situations their parents have put them in.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
On 4/24/2023 at 4:03 PM, snarts said:

Taking the cheer event out of the equation, curious if any of the Gorgas attended Milania's Sweet Sixteen party. You know they all didn't go watch a cheerleading event and I don't see any of them in the pics. 

The issue I have is the rules aren't equally applied. I distinctly remember Melissa & Joe complaining/making a big deal out of Gia being late to one of the boys christenings (she missed the church but came to the banquet hall) yet it's an abomination when Teresa dares to say that Milania's feeling were hurt. 

I don't think any of the Gorgas went to Milania's Sweet 16.

• Sad 2
  • Useful 1
On 4/21/2023 at 9:50 PM, ww92 said:

I don't know how long Antonia did cheer but it doesn't matter. She was on a team and the team had a competition to attend, the date of which Melissa and Antonia had no control over. Apparently Antonia had already missed one team competition (I don't know what that reason was) and would  have lost her spot  on the team had she missed another one.

My kids didn't do cheer but did other sports and I wouldn't have let them skip a competition in order to attend a party. IMO that teaches them that showing up for the team  and fulfilling your obligation as part of a team isn't important. Sometimes they'll have to miss out on things that might be more fun because they've already committed to something else. ETA: We always knew when meets/games were going to be held at the beginning of the season. We didn't know if our kid would be participating in a meet/game if it was some sort of finals or state thing, because that depended  on their performance throughout the season. But I could  have told someone months out that my kid could/couldn't make an event on a certain date or I could tell them I wasn't  sure, it depended on if they made the finals/state team, but even then they were expected to go to the event to cheer on the team members who did make it. If every kid on a team bailed because they got invited to some party, no sports would ever happen. In my experience, the coaches are pretty hard core about that stuff.

Again, the adult thing to do would  have been  for both sides to run dates by one another and try to figure out something that would work for both. If nothing could be found then offering an alternate date for the two girls to do something special, Melissa's treat. As parents,  both should have encouraged their daughters to talk to one another and offer apologies and regrets and to work out something else special to do.

That ain't  gonna happen in the Gorga/Guidice world.

I'm sure the Gorgas knew Milania's birth date (especially because Joe is her uncle), and that there would be a Sweet 16 party months before it happened. A cheer event is not as important as a sports event. And it seems it's more important to Melissa than Antonia. 

On 4/19/2023 at 4:52 PM, Hedgehog2022 said:

Never takes ownership of anything. A vindictive, nasty woman. There was no reason for her to attack Melissa's MINOR child. I mean really??? She did it in the most passive aggressive way too. As a mom of three who had all three kids in various sports at the same time, I get the scheduling conflicts of sports vs social invites...and so does Teresa. If Melissa's daughter had a TEAM competition that she had committed to when she joined the team then she had to be there for her team. End of issue. If anyone should understand, it should be Teresa. This immature attack on Melissa's daughter was below the belt and frankly, should have been edited out. But maybe by letting it stay in it allowed us to see what a pathetic malignant narcissist Teresa really is. I know Melissa gets bashed on here but I felt badly that her daughter was getting attacked by an adult, her aunt no less. But as Teresa has always said..."Family is everything!"

The "minor" kid was 17 (she will be 18 in August), she is on social media for years, like all her brothers including the youngest. She is half naked and in sexy poses often. Her parents don't have an issue with it. She also participates on the show. 

Additionally, as you can see from a post after yours, Melissa lied about the dates. Somebody checked the schedule, and the team was in Wayne, NJ, not in Pennsylvania. Melissa knows very well that most viewers won't be checking forums like this, boards, social media, etc. to find out. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Useful 5
11 hours ago, ZettaK said:

I'm sure the Gorgas knew Milania's birth date (especially because Joe is her uncle), and that there would be a Sweet 16 party months before it happened. A cheer event is not as important as a sports event. And it seems it's more important to Melissa than Antonia. 

Cheer is a sport.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
15 hours ago, ZettaK said:

The "minor" kid was 17 (she will be 18 in August), she is on social media for years, like all her brothers including the youngest. She is half naked and in sexy poses often. Her parents don't have an issue with it. She also participates on the show. 

Additionally, as you can see from a post after yours, Melissa lied about the dates. Somebody checked the schedule, and the team was in Wayne, NJ, not in Pennsylvania. Melissa knows very well that most viewers won't be checking forums like this, boards, social media, etc. to find out. 

You know I have a very full and active life...I don't have nor do I even want to spend any time researching where Housewives are on a particular date or where their kids are (kind of stalker"ish" if you ask me) but apparently  other viewers do. 

It just doesn't sit well with me that Teresa had to insert that into an adult convo. She could have simply said when asked if their kids are close with Melissa's kids "They were closer when they were younger but they all have activities and other stuff that keeps them busy and unable to see each other as much". That's all she needed to say instead of what she said. A mature adult would do this but we're talking about Teresa who seems to have the maturity level of a 15 year old.

• Like 7
  • Fire 2
11 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

Cheer is a sport.

I'm sorry, but I don't consider it a sport.

6 hours ago, Hedgehog2022 said:

You know I have a very full and active life...I don't have nor do I even want to spend any time researching where Housewives are on a particular date or where their kids are (kind of stalker"ish" if you ask me) but apparently  other viewers do. 

It just doesn't sit well with me that Teresa had to insert that into an adult convo. She could have simply said when asked if their kids are close with Melissa's kids "They were closer when they were younger but they all have activities and other stuff that keeps them busy and unable to see each other as much". That's all she needed to say instead of what she said. A mature adult would do this but we're talking about Teresa who seems to have the maturity level of a 15 year old.

I don't disagree, but Teresa is not the most intelligent person.

• LOL 1
16 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Wrong. Cheer is governed under the same body as gymnastics. Which is a sport. 

It's been featured on ESPN. It's fringe, but it definitely requires athletic ability. Those towers don't build themselves. 

And some cheerleaders who do the flying up in the air stuff get significant injuries  that require casts and sometimes surgery. 

• Like 5
17 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Wrong. Cheer is governed under the same body as gymnastics. Which is a sport. 

It's been featured on ESPN. It's fringe, but it definitely requires athletic ability. Those towers don't build themselves. 

No offense, but ESPN features anything. And there is gymnastics already as a sport, so....

On 4/27/2023 at 9:40 PM, Jeanne222 said:

Cheerleading is not considered a sport per google!  😎

According to NCAA and Title IX.  However, this is the definition:

Dictionary.com defines a sport as "an athletic activity that requires physical prowess or skill and often a competitive nature." Cheerleading definitely fulfills this criteria maybe even better than other activities commonly called sports.

Either way, it should be considered a sport.  Not the lame ass cheerleaders my school had where clapping took some skills they did not possess, but real honest to doG, tumbling, pyramid making cheerleaders.

That said, I just don't get the hassle if some kid cannot make another kids party.  

On 4/28/2023 at 3:00 PM, ZettaK said:

No offense, but ESPN features anything. And there is gymnastics already as a sport, so....

It's not like it's The Ocho or anything like that 🤣!

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
(edited)

Isn’t it premature to be calling Paul’s Mom “Ma” like Delores is doing?  I never could call my mother in law Mom as I have one Mother.  I called her nothing.  My husband called my Mother Grandma, as we have three kids.

Edited by kristen111
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
49 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

Isn’t it premature to be calling Paul’s Mom “Ma” like Delores is doing?  I never could call my mother in law Mom as I have one Mother.  I called her nothing.  My husband called my Mother Grandma, as we have three kids.

I think it varies. I have been married for 28 years and my father-in-law seems awkward when I call him dad. I mean, he’s awkward in general….

• Like 4
On 4/24/2023 at 7:54 AM, kassa said:

Irish American here - come, or don't come to the party. We save grudges for other slights, most of which we don't precisely remember. 

I hold grudges as well. But it's got nothing to do with my culture, or upbringing. I'm just petty that way. Too late to change.

On 4/26/2023 at 11:38 PM, ZettaK said:

Jennifer, did Teresa make you post this? (Only joking, but it sounds like her).

• LOL 2
(edited)
On 4/25/2023 at 11:12 AM, Chatty Cake said:

She filmed with hopes of returning as a full time housewife but most viewers don’t like her. The powers that be realized they can’t make fetch happen and demoted her to the dreaded “friend of.” Hopefully we won’t see her at all next season.

I can't help it, but I like Jackie. I think she's very aware of what's really going on with these ladies. I've also noticed they all get along fine since she went to friend status. When the camera pans, I've often seen her chatting amiably with Jen, Theresa, etc. Plus she and Evan are fun to watch.

On 4/24/2023 at 2:30 PM, Chatty Cake said:

Yes! Jackie was so mad about Evans cheating coming out that she had to say something vile about Gia to get back at Tre.

What cheating?

Edited by Chalby
  • Like 3
On 4/18/2023 at 10:45 PM, ZettaK said:
On 4/18/2023 at 9:18 PM, Axie said:

It’s great that Jennifer bought a new thesaurus, but, if no one knows the meaning of the word, the insult falls flat. Boogawolf?

It can be found in Urban Dictionary. I had to look, I never heard of it before.

This scene made me laugh way too hard.  They all looked so confused.  I thought it was hilarious when Jen asked Margaret if she knew what it meant and Marge just flatly said “No”.  And Jackie piping in saying She doesn’t even know like shut up Jackie no one cares.

Marge may be an asshole but I’ll giver her this she does apologize when she thinks she’s wrong.  I think she’s wrong a lot more than she thinks she’s wrong, but I have to give her credit for that.

Rachel looks like a porcelain doll come to life, and it’s creepy as all get out.

Jackie chugging the beer I would say didn’t really count, half of it when down her shirt.  This is what she contributes.  Pathetic.  Fessler was also gross but she was so funny in the restaurant with the tatas out I’ll giver her a pass.