Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E05: No More Second Chances

• Start Topic

A business deal takes Tariq, Brayden, and Effie to Milan. Monet digs deeper after Davis provides her new information regarding Zeke's murder. Saxe doubles down to find out what Jenny is hiding.

Air date: April 14, 2023

So Lauren thinks that Tariq tried to have her killed (and knows that was almost actually successful and that people actually wanted her dead)... and the first thing she does is goes to Tariq.

Jenny is really bad at witness protection.

Saxe is such a fucking loser.

I would have preferred Lorenzo be shot in the ass but fine, I'll allow it.

I thought MJB's acting was really good in this episode.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

The title "No More Second Chances" clearly doesn't apply to Tari. He can get as many chances as he needs!

A gun is pointed to his head. No problem! He planned with Noma's people to have snipers positioned in the right place to eliminate the threat. Why Noma's ex allowed himself to be set up that easily on his turf was dumb. Tariq and Effie were already there waiting for his dumbass. Not a smart villain.

Later, Saxe just drops to Lauren "Tariq's love for her" and now Lord Tariq is vindicated in her eyes. It was all Brayden and Effie. So Tariq is good with Lauren going forward!

Tariq whips these Novona fools easily with no sweat.

Brayden gets caught and couldn't use his "charm and wits" on the Italian guard like Effie did to the other guard? Talk about having privilege. He gets his ass whipped and Effie is admiring paintings.

When Effie adjusted her dress, did the show suggest she was going to "do" the guy, in order to escape?

Did the guard ever get word Brayden was caught after he gave the tour to Effie? He needs to get a security job at Stanfield. He is qualified for the job.

I wonder what Brayden's excuse to Keke was when he came back beaten. The Italians were nice and didn't bother mess up his face.

Uncle Weston being benched was funny. Stay in the US and golf. Tariq got this!!!!!! Eventually, Tariq will run Weston Holdings soon and then burn it.

Uncle Weston never defends himself when he gets accused of racism. Every time he just ducks and stays quiet. Not sure why RSJ just doesn't tell Tariq and Keke to quit there and come work for him or go elsewhere.

So Tariq, Brayden and Effie are away in Italy, who is running the shop while they are away? Can't be Tiny. We were told he is a fuck up last week.

So, all who has slept with Monet are now gone.  Ramirez, Mecca and now Lorenzo. Carrie and Monet have something in common.

Tariq played Tate to get the information IG was in the DR. Made Tate look stupid. Now Tate should raise the weekly amount from $5,000 to $10,000.

Now Gordo has information that the guy was a CI. He should fire his informants for being late with this. Gordo made deals with this guy many times and didn't get arrested. I hope it's not reveled Paz's son gave him this information.

Gordo and Dru decides to go to the hospital dressed in black and hoodies. as if that wouldn't draw any suspicion to anyone working there or on that floor.

For some reason the CI's phone was never taken as evidence by the DEA but left in the hospital. Blanca is the worst. That woman gave Blanca "I Just got PAID! Not my Problem. Get Out!" Look!

For the business Brayden is in, Brayden has no security lock on his phone? Once Keke picked up his phone, I saw the last remaining morals she has leave the show! Now she is has entered the Tariq and Brayden nonsense.

Saxe tell Davis he can't go with him to see Theo and immediately goes into Davis's office to snoop around, read a file and take pictures for everyone can see. I swear that secretary was looking right at him. Saxe should be fired or beaten by now or maybe that secretary doesn't care to tell Davis. Saxe has to be a dead by the end of the season.

Davis couldn't take the key to his desk drawer with him? Why bother show Saxe you are hiding the key in his view in an easy to get spot??!!! Just leave it on top of the desk and forget the need for privacy!!!!!

Jenny hit that bottle hard and was scared they all would end up like Whitman. The way Saxe is moving, he may be next.

What day and time will Stanfield hold memorials for Whitman and Lorenzo? I would like to attend.

Saxe is screaming at Jenny "who is in there"?" and Lauren was right there peeking for all to see. I kept yelling, she is right there Saxe. Thank goodness Lauren had to come out and reveal herself. Saved Saxe further embarrassment professing his love for Jenny. I'm sure the guards were laughing at him. Now Saxe will get no more loving form Jenny. It's over.

All those guards there and Lauen still found a way to sneak out, make a long trip to Stanfield, somehow got a cell phone, had Tariq's cell # memorized, grabbed a box cutter and find Tariq with no thought that he could have given the order to have her killed and kill her on the spot. And she never thought to see her parents.

Monet takes a trip and tells Evelyn about Lorenzo. And Evelyn just takes her word for it. Then she sends Monet a text "It's Done". Maybe Evelyn sensed she was being used and played by Monet.

Things escalated quick, I had double check with Tariq calling Effie his girlfriend, boo and "I love you". Now it's 99.9% confirmed Effie is done by the end of the season. Will Brayden join her is the question.

Noma and Obi just appear out of nowhere at the restaurant to Tariq and Effie with a task. Every week is like "Mission Impossible" with them. A dangerous task must be completed. 

Did the bug have Noma's name on it? The bug has been there all this time since Mecca left it there and now she wants it back. Like that was the only one in her inventory and can't get new one. Even if they found it, they would never know where it came from. Such a stupid mission.

For all the eye's Noma has around and she bugged her Ex's house. So, she must know about Monet's and Mecca's past and suspect she killed Mecca? If it revealed Noma knows nothing about Monet, I will lose it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Noma has a child. How is this going to play in Tariq's devious mind??!!!! Also, Noma should have order them to destroy that tacky painting too.

Why would the ex-still have a painting of Noma up? he should have tossed it when they broke up.

I was expecting Noma to take the blood off Tariq and lick it. 

Not looking good for fathers in the Power Universe.

See ya Lorenzo! Don't worry, Monet will get better Sancocho somewhere else!!!

Monet didn't touch her food as Lorenzo was proud to tell everyone how she loves it. She was giving him the "death stare" all that time and this fool did not sense she was plotting something after Cane told him she had a clue.

Lorenzo is lying dying and his last sight is seeing Zeke's Big mural (that he paid for) over him with that goofy look. Sad way to go!

At least, Diana got Papi's official release to no longer sell on campus and her manager and (maybe Salim) can stop giving her the eye.

Now that Lorenzo is gone, Salim is going to after Diana extra hard!!!!!!

Salim looks a little like Jazzy Jeff. I want someone to toss his ass out the dorm "Uncle Phil style".

Security was extra inept this episode!

All the blood got cleaned up in Monet's house pretty quick. There is a good cleaner who takes great pride to get the job done efficiently in the Power Universe.

Why are Jenny and Blanca at Monet's house questioning? Shouldn't that be left to the NYPD detectives?

Edited by mxc90
  • LOL 2
(edited)
8 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Later, Saxe just drops to Lauren "Tariq's love for her" and now Lord Tariq is vindicated in her eyes. It was all Brayden and Effie. So Tariq is good with Lauren going forward!

Did Saxe think Tariq didn't do it? I can't remember.

8 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Tariq played Tate to get the information IG was in the DR. Made Tate look stupid. Now Tate should raise the weekly amount from $5,000 to $10,000.

I figured he got the info from Tate but I wasn't sure. Did we see anyone tell Tariq that the GTG guy was in DR?

8 hours ago, mxc90 said:

For the business Brayden is in, Brayden has no security lock on his phone? Once Keke picked up his phone, I saw the last remaining morals she has leave the show! Now she is has entered the Tariq and Brayden nonsense.

I have a hard time buying Brayden that drops his phone like that and doesn't know it.

It didn't look like you could tell those "crashcoins" were for drug deals. Well, the show is leading us to her finding out.

8 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Gordo and Dru decides to go to the hospital dressed in black and hoodies. as if that wouldn't draw any suspicion to anyone working there or on that floor.

AND NO CAMERAS?????????

8 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Davis couldn't take the key to his desk drawer with him?

Of course not!

8 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Why bother show Saxe you are hiding the key in his view in an ease to get spot??!!! Just leave it on top of the desk and forget the need for privacy!!!!!

In a glass box office where everyone can see you hide a key and where Sake could snoop and no one notices.

8 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Monet takes a trip and tells Evelyn about Lorenzo. And Evelyn just takes her word for it. Then she sends Monet a text "It's Done". Maybe Evelyn sensed she was being used and played by Monet.

I thought the son (Gordo?) sent that message.

I think Evelyn sensed that Monet was telling her for a reason. She knew Monet was trying to start something by sharing that info.

8 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Salim looks a little like Jazzy Jeff. I want someone to toss his ass out the dorm "Uncle Phil style".

This got me! LMAO!

8 hours ago, mxc90 said:

See ya Lorenzo! Don't worry, Monet will get better Sancocho somewhere else!!!

From Evelyn until she finds a new man! LOL

Edited by AntFTW
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, AntFTW said:

Did Saxe think Tariq didn't do it? I can't remember.

Yes. I had to look back. In last season's finale Saxe told Tariq Lauren was dead and Tariq was very upset. Saxe believed Tariq was wearing an ankle monitor and was nowhere near Lauren's "car accident". Saxe believe Cane is responsible.  

I figured he got the info from Tate but I wasn't sure. Did we see anyone tell Tariq that the GTG guy was in DR?

After class, Tariq told Tate a lie about GTG killing Zeke. Tate took that info (thinking he can score points with Blanca) and texted Blanca. Blanca looked into it and confirmed IG was in the DR. That's why Tate texted Tariq: "You lying motherfucker!".  All this was off camera. 

I have a hard time buying that drops his phone like that and doesn't know it.

It didn't look like you could tell those "crashcoins" were for drug deals. Well, the show is leading us to her finding out.

Me too. He had ear buds on, wouldn't that give him an indication something is wrong with his phone when dropped or out of distance and he needs to look at it?

AND NO CAMERAS?????????

None. And they decided to break a phone right outside the hospital next to a police car. Can't do it in an alley far away?

That nurse was stupid to lie. She can easily get caught.

BTW - in the hospital, Dru and Gordo can hear all conversations down the hall but in Mecca's apartment, you can't a anything close.

In a glass box office where everyone can see you hide a key and where Sake could snoop and no one notices.

The security on the show is poor!

I thought the son (Gordo?) sent that message.

I think Evelyn sensed that Monet was telling her for a reason. She knew Monet was trying to start something by sharing that info.

It was Gordo.

Yeah. Evelyn pretty much told Monet she doesn't trust her. I have a feeling they will war.

Edited by mxc90
  • Like 2

OOOOH!!  Great eppy.

I've read in other places where posters feel that MJB cain't act, but I disagree; she was the MVP for this eppy, from her anger at Lorenzo to the cold assed way she got rid of him.

(Sobs quietly)....UO around here, but I'ma miss the sexy that was Lorenzo.  Bald head - muscles - sexy voice.  Yeah, I'ma miss him.

(Previous question....did Lorenzo kill Evelyn's hubby?  I don't remember, I do know that Frank was a rat.)

Dru and Gordo - Why in the bluedilly hell would you start reading/destroying the phone not more than 20 steps away from the hospital?  WTF?!

I see you Brayden, all scrong and musculy in those boxer briefs....mama likes!!

19 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Evelyn pretty much told Monet she doesn't trust her. I have a feeling they will war.

I see that too.  Hell, its not like Evelyn wasn't in jail before, she did a stint in Oz, 😜.

I could have slapped Davis for being such a schmuck, leaving that key in plain sight.  If you already know you cain't trust Saxe, why leave evidence around?

S'gonna be interesting waiting to see what Tariq will do now that he knows about Effie and Brayden's betrayals.

• Like 2
On 4/14/2023 at 1:34 PM, mxc90 said:

Okay I totally forgot that Frank and Lorenzo were brothers. Does anyone else think it’s creepy that Dru and Gordo are cousins and are fucking??? First cousins??!!!!

20 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Okay I totally forgot that Frank and Lorenzo were brothers.

I don't think they were actually brothers. Frank was a "play uncle," a close family friend that was like an uncle.

• Like 1
(edited)
16 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

No he was actually his brother! The wiki said he was Frank Tejada. 

Then why are his sons Castillos, and not Tejadas?

Also, Frank was looking at Diana kinda funny in season 1, like in a sexual way. I remember Monet giving Diana a lecture about having power over Frank because she caught the way Frank was looking at Diana, and I always took that to be of a sexual nature. That gives me more of a "play uncle" rather than an uncle blood-related disgusting uncle.

Edited by AntFTW
9 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

Then why are his sons Castillos, and not Tejadas?

Also, Frank was looking at Diana kinda funny in season 1, like in a sexual way. I remember Monet giving Diana a lecture about having power over Frank because she caught the way Frank was looking at Diana, and I always took that to be of a sexual nature. That gives me more of a "play uncle" rather than an uncle blood-related disgusting uncle.

Okay maybe you’re right. Or he’s a distant cousin called “uncle” as a sign of respect. 

Could also be that Frank wasn’t the bio Dad of Evelyn’s boys but raised them which is why they consider him Dad (explains why they are Castillos, not Tejadas). Or the writers are doing is dirty like they did making Zeke FOUR YEARS OLDER than he actually was supposed to be. 

• LOL 2
(edited)
10 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Okay maybe you’re right. Or he’s a distant cousin called “uncle” as a sign of respect. 

Could also be that Frank wasn’t the bio Dad of Evelyn’s boys but raised them which is why they consider him Dad (explains why they are Castillos, not Tejadas). Or the writers are doing is dirty like they did making Zeke FOUR YEARS OLDER than he actually was supposed to be. 

Also, Jenny referred to Frank as "Frank Castillo" in episode 4. Frank's last name is Castillo.

Jenny told Blanca that Frank used to run with Lorenzo back in the day. If they're actual brothers, how is that connection unknown to law enforcement? If they're actually blood-related, why were Blanca and Jenny pondering why the Castillos and Tejadas are seen together or connected?

The obvious answer to that would be that they're all related, rather than Frank running with Lorenzo back in the day.

I just find it hard to believe that Frank and Lorenzo are related because nobody in the show is acting like they are.

Ghost's kids called Tommy "uncle", and my assumption is that Lorenzo and Frank had the same relationship but not blood-related.

12 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Or the writers are doing is dirty like they did making Zeke FOUR YEARS OLDER than he actually was supposed to be.

This makes me laugh every time I think about it.

Edited by AntFTW
  • Like 2
29 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

Ghost's kids called Tommy "uncle", and my assumption is that Lorenzo and Frank had the same relationship but not blood-related.

Yes that makes a lot more sense. (And is what I originally thought too) Much better than first cousins fucking.
The Wiki must be wrong. 

ONE OTHER THING! that I completely forgot to address before...

Did Lorenzo try to pretend that killing Zeke and lying about it is equal to Monet lying about being Zeke's mother??? He actually tried that!

• Like 2
8 hours ago, AntFTW said:

ONE OTHER THING! that I completely forgot to address before...

Did Lorenzo try to pretend that killing Zeke and lying about it is equal to Monet lying about being Zeke's mother??? He actually tried that!

Slight correction- he stated that Monet brought Zeke to NY, into their life full of danger and didn’t prep him or prepare him. Not about the adoption or being his bio mother. 

Lorenzo had a point, BUT no. He’s still more in the wrong. He shot her child and then lied for months. He should’ve either confessed immediately or kept his mouth shut. 

On 4/15/2023 at 2:29 PM, Yogisbooboo64 said:

I see that too.  Hell, its not like Evelyn wasn't in jail before, she did a stint in Oz, 😜.

I could have slapped Davis for being such a schmuck, leaving that key in plain sight.  If you already know you cain't trust Saxe, why leave evidence around?

That was a big writing hole. Davis would leave that key on his home key ring in his pocket. He’d never leave it out and about!

Also Whitman breaking into their house- another writing plot hole. I could believe he would SEND someone into their house (because he was racked with guilt over Carrie and wanted justice) but to go himself?? What if Diana was wrong and they were there(assuming she wasn’t playing him)? Another writing hole. Whitman should’ve died in a suspicious accident or something. 

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Yes that makes a lot more sense. (And is what I originally thought too) Much better than first cousins fucking.
The Wiki must be wrong. 

That's certainly something this show hasn't tried before; but I wouldn't put it past them, so don't give them any ideas.....

On 4/15/2023 at 3:29 PM, Yogisbooboo64 said:

(Previous question....did Lorenzo kill Evelyn's hubby?  I don't remember, I do know that Frank was a rat.)

I believe he arranged/ordered it from prison. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

I'm torn...

I feel like they want us to think Lorenzo is dead. However, when we last see him, he's barely hanging on but still alive. I'm wondering if they're leaving the door open for Lorenzo to still be alive.

• Mind Blown 1
5 hours ago, AntFTW said:

I'm torn...

I feel like they want us to think Lorenzo is dead. However, when we last see him, he's barely hanging on but still alive. I'm wondering if they're leaving the door open for Lorenzo to still be alive.

I believe Lorenzo is dead.  If you guys ever watch Marc Dark on YouTube he shows a scene from clips that showed Lorenzo's body on Law enforcement board outlining the Tejada family and known criminal associates. 

And it won't be a fake death like Lauren. There's no reason to keep Lorenzo around as a CI or witness. He'd rather die first

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

I keep forgetting Tariq speaks fluent Italian. He's a regular Renaissance man. 🙄

Why were these people making such a big deal about going to Milan? It's a simple hop across the Atlantic. Effie perhaps had never left the US before though. Interesting how she must've had a passport at the ready.

Airhead Brayden doesn't have a lock on his phone. Because of course.

I am so over Noma and her henchman Obi, even if they are keeping Tariq in check. They're like cartoon villains, IMO. Too much mustache-twirling.

Dru better hope that dead CI didn't have his phone automatically backed up to the cloud.

Okay, Brayden's definitely been working out. Maybe those muscles are to make up for his relatively short stature, hah hah.

Does Italy really have coal mines?

Lauren, do you want Tariq to kill you? Or for Effie to make sure she finishes the job the next time? Either way, it'll be Cooper's fault for being stupid jealous. Still though, it shouldn't have been so easy for him to follow Jenny to the hideout. She's bad at her job.

Dang, Monet is savage. Wonder how long it'll take for Dru to find out his boyfriend killed his daddy

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Okay, Brayden's definitely been working out. Maybe those muscles are to make up for his relatively short stature, hah hah.

Brayden is cute. Short sighted AF (he suffers from the desire to be half a gangster) but physically appealing. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1