Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E10: That’s What Cheese Said

• Start Topic

As the competition narrows down and the challenge heats up, the chefs must put their best foot forward. Yet, cheese, nuts and charcuterie meats prove difficult for the chefs to navigate. The recently introduced "time token" causes one chef to make a hard decision between sabotage or security. One chef will shine while one chef's journey comes to an end in the all-new "That's What Cheese Said" episode of Next Level Chef airing Thursday, April 13 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

Yeah, Shay was one of those "it's just a matter of time" cooks. 

How did Mehreen end up in the bottom level?

Doesn't that one chef find it annoying to have her hair constantly hanging over her shoulders?

11 hours ago, mertensia said:

How did Mehreen end up in the bottom level?

The previous challenge was "pair a craft cocktail with a dish," and Mehreen failed to get her cocktail on the platform. Such a failure is an auto-trip to the elimination.

Sorry to have a tin-foil hat, but it felt like this episode was a conspiracy to decrease the chances of Team Arrington pulling a repeat. Not that I ever thought Shay would be the winner, but I don't think Ramsay and Blais liked losing S1 and they like the prospect of losing S2 to her even less.

My prediction is still that the final five are Nuri, Omi, Pilar, Tucker and Mehreen. I'm thinking that the final 3 will be Pilar, Tucker and Mehreen (so that each chef can claim a rooting interest in the finale), with Tucker taking the win. But them seeding the information that Omi's husband is sick may portend an Omi win.  

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Such A Flirt said:

Sad to see Shay go, he seemed like a lovely person.

Shay was my favorite so I was sorry to see him go.  I didn't think he was going to win but he was nice and cute and I liked him.

When the season started, I thought Nuri looked like a winner.  Now I'm not so sure.  I don't really like anyone who is left.  

• Like 1

I started watching because of Shay, so this episode was disappointing.  I guess I'm invested enough to finish out the season but I find most of the people left annoying.  

• Like 1

Shay was among my favourites, I knew he wouldn't win, but it was still sad seeing him leave.  He seems like a really nice guy and left graciously and was so appreciative and thankful of the opportunity.

I don't know how Michelle is still in this competition.  She seems like she's ripe for being the next elimination.  Salmon and cheese?  I love salmon, I love cheese, but salmon and cheese together sounds disgusting.  She was in the middle level, that salmon should have absolutely been left for the bottom level.

My absolute favourite is still Pilar, and I also like Nuri.  As long as Chris or Tini don't win, I'll be happy.  I also don't particularly care for Tucker.

• Like 3
On 4/14/2023 at 11:25 AM, Chicago Redshirt said:

Sorry to have a tin-foil hat, but it felt like this episode was a conspiracy to decrease the chances of Team Arrington pulling a repeat. Not that I ever thought Shay would be the winner, but I don't think Ramsay and Blais liked losing S1 and they like the prospect of losing S2 to her even less.

My prediction is still that the final five are Nuri, Omi, Pilar, Tucker and Mehreen. I'm thinking that the final 3 will be Pilar, Tucker and Mehreen (so that each chef can claim a rooting interest in the finale), with Tucker taking the win. But them seeding the information that Omi's husband is sick may portend an Omi win.  

Ugh, I just remembered that last year there was one chef from each mentor in the finale, and I do recall us talking about this last season about how it seemed so rigged so that would happen.

If that's the case, then I can see it happening again this season.  It does seem a bit unfair as my perception is that Nyesha's team is the strongest.  My preference would be Pilar, Mehreen, Michelle.  But I think it will be Nuri, Tini, Tucker.  Tucker gets a pass into the finale since her only competition is the awful Michelle, so she's a given.  The show seems to absolutely love Gollum Tini, it's inexplicable to me.  She seems like she is high all the time but she seems to get a lot of camera time even when she didn't factor at all into the best or worst dish, like in this episode.  And I think the show would really avoid having three white people, three females, or three males in the finale.  So the third finalist has to be a man.  I loathe Chris, which means that I hope Nuri is the male representative, even if that means my favourite Pilar is out.

And if the other judges don't want Nyesha to win again... that means that Tucker will win.  Ugh.  But hopefully it won't be Tini. 

• Like 2