Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E04: Honeymoon States

TexasGal
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, realityplease said:

Yes. I think Shiv's fall was to illustrate that she's reeling - both mentally & physically. 

I thought her fall was to illustrate how frustrated she was that she was being reduced to exactly what she said she wasn’t  - the emotional woman. 

Edited by Avabelle
  • Like 3
6 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Killer, Tumbledown, and Pinky.  Oh, and Connor.

Is Roman's nickname "Romulus" after the founder of ancient Rome?

Also, had Marcia and Logan divorced, she would have made out very well, like Jerry Hall did with proto-Logan Rupert Murdoch, but no way would she get anywhere near $1B.  Doesn't seem they were married for a terribly long time so, she'd likely get, at most, a couple hundred million.  Nothing to sneeze at, by the way, I'd marry Logan Roy for just $100M.

Edited by Cool Breeze
  • Like 4
  • LOL 5
6 hours ago, Avabelle said:

I thought her fall was to illustrate how frustrated she was that she was being reduced to exactly what she said she wasn’t  - the emotional woman. 

Well, I'm pretty clumsy & usually fall when I'm unbalanced & trip or thinking of something else & not looking where I'm going.  Not from emotion or frustration. 

If that were the case, I'd have been hitting the ground with more regularity every time some chauvinist jerk(s) tried to shut me down, ignore me, talk over me or edge me out.  Which, in business, was a lot.  Didn't cause me to fall.  

Shiv herself posited that she wasn't included as co-CEO because she was a mere emotional woman - but Ken said it was because she didn't have enough tenure or experience at the company to be front-facing & Roman said three was unwieldy.  She accepted that after reassurance she'd be included in all decisions. After all, she didn't faint on the steps from emotion - she had a mis-step & fell.

Edited by realityplease
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, realityplease said:

Well, I'm pretty clumsy & usually fall when I'm unbalanced & trip or thinking of something else & not looking where I'm going.  Not from emotion or frustration. 

I’m not suggesting you do. My point doesn’t really have anything to do with you personally at all. My observation was that in that moment Siobhan felt vulnerable because she was understandably upset and frustrated after falling (and everything else) which is the opposite of how she wants to come across in front of all those men. 

7 minutes ago, realityplease said:

She didn't faint on the steps from emotion - she had a mis-step & fell.

Again, I don’t think she fainted because she was emotional. I just took the scene depicted her vulnerability in that moment as she normally has a steel front and at that second she was alone and clearly upset which was not how she wanted anyone to see her.

Edited by Avabelle
  • Like 5
1 hour ago, Avabelle said:

I’m not suggesting you do. My point doesn’t really have anything to do with you personally at all. My observation was that in that moment Siobhan felt vulnerable because she was understandably upset and frustrated after falling (and everything else) which is the opposite of how she wants to come across in front of all those men. 

Again, I don’t think she fainted because she was emotional. I just took the scene depicted her vulnerability in that moment as she normally has a steel front and at that second she was alone and clearly upset which was not how she wanted anyone to see her.

Quoted a bit out of context, but we can agree to disagree. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.  I saw a person unhinged from the events of the day (events that had both mental & physical impact) who tripped or didn't watch where she was going & fell.  And then, embarrassed by the fall (sure, nothing about me personally, except having done that, been there, felt that), fend off those who would help her get up.  And she got herself up & carried on. Nothing more. (And specifically didn't say humbled & brought to her knees, because I don't think she is, even if momentarily off-balance.)

If you see in that moment her vulnerability, frustration, that she was alone & upset, or not how she wanted anyone to see her, okay, sure, that's another way to go.

Edited by realityplease
  • Like 2
6 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Something I noticed - in two different scenes, we see Shiv's reaction to seeing Tom enter a room, followed by Greg.  When she sees Tom, she has a sad and pensive, almost nostalgic, look on her face.  As soon as she spots Greg tailing Tom, her expression turns to one of complete disgust.  I know she loathes Tom and Greg as the "Disgusting Brothers" but I found myself wondering where her hatred of Greg comes from.  Cousin Greg is easy to hate - he's an intrusion even on his best days - but it's almost like Shiv resents Greg for being by Tom's side?  Or on Tom's side?

Thinking back, people might say that Tom chose Logan over Shiv, Greg was the one he asked to be his boy-slave concubine--I can't remember the name of the guy in the story. Greg's his partner in crime, not Logan.

So Greg probably really is a reminder of everything Tom put ahead of her. She used to be his partner, and now it's Greg and she's the one who's alone. Maybe she considered going to him for comfort, but then Greg's appearance reminded her she couldn't and that he wasn't alone?

• Like 4
16 hours ago, aghst said:

Game recognizes game, though she's going to have to go with Connor to the Honeymoon states -- for Connor's vanity political campaign -- rather than to an actual honeymoon destination.

You know there is a small chance that Conner will not win the election -- 😉😉😂😂 -- so they will be free to visit more exciting destinations after November. 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Wink 2
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 7
19 hours ago, Daisychain said:

So RIP Logan.  I think a lot of us know Brian Cox as the s---head from the Jason Bourne stuff.

He made his biggest impression on me as Edward Norton's father in 25th Hour, a film I happen to love.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, millennium said:

with a sledge hammer.

I see what you did there.

I loved David Rasche as Sledge Hammer for however long that show was on TV until it got taken off for being too good.

But then I've loved David Rasche in everything, since I first saw him at Second City and Chicago's Organic Theater in the 70s. I knew he was great then.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
4 hours ago, MBayGal said:

You know there is a small chance that Conner will not win the election -- 😉😉😂😂 -- so they will be free to visit more exciting destinations after November. 

Spoiler!

18 hours ago, Cool Breeze said:

I would think so, and I know Logan used that nickname more frequently than "Tumbledown" which I find amusing...two completely different meanings from two nicknames.  Not sure where Tumbledown came from - at first I thought it was kind of affectionate but with the knowledge that Logan used to beat Roman, I'm not so sure about that.

17 hours ago, sistermagpie said:

So Greg probably really is a reminder of everything Tom put ahead of her. She used to be his partner, and now it's Greg and she's the one who's alone. Maybe she considered going to him for comfort, but then Greg's appearance reminded her she couldn't and that he wasn't alone?

Great point.  

• Like 5
On 4/17/2023 at 9:37 AM, Jordan Baker said:

Most surprising moment of the episode--Logan did Sudoku.

Did you know he did Sudoku? Uh yeah. Yeah, I guess he did them. I,  I think I - I think I did...

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
On 4/17/2023 at 5:55 PM, iMonrey said:

Who the hell is Colin? I heard the name several times, someone who was standing at the front door, wearing jeans. Marcia gave him a watch. I've watched every episode, I have no recollection of anyone named Colin.

He was a "fixer" for Logan. Tom gave Logan an expensive watch for his birthday that he promptly handed off because he didn't give a crap about a watch or Tom for that matter. The Roy family played the softball game and Roman made a bet with a kid about hitting a homerun. The kid didn't hit the homer. Collin gave the watch to the kid's family as an apology for using the kid as a pawn in their rich people's fun and games.

Edited by 4N6MAL
added content
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1

So RIP Logan.  I think a lot of us know Brian Cox as the s---head from the Jason Bourne stuff.

Unpopular, but I still prefer his Hannibal Lecter to Hopkins'- I found him much more chilling.

I thought it was because Logan is a trekker.

Those are Romulans, lol.

• LOL 1
On 4/16/2023 at 10:50 PM, Athena5217 said:

I can’t believe Marcia said she was having a taxi called for Kerri to take her to the subway to go back to her apartment. Not a taxi to her apartment—just to the subway. Marcia is not pulling punches.

Having Shiv be pregnant seemed a little soap operaish to me.

A little?   They can dress this show up all they want and try to make it serious but it's a fancy soap opera. 

If they follow the game of thrones pathway to the ending Greg will somehow end up in charge. 

• LOL 2