Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E08: Love Isn't Enough

• Start Topic

Shawn faces Sara's ex; Monique and Derek's night out at the club goes left; Tayler tracks down Chance at a bar; Justine confronts Michael about taking off his ring; Lindsey and Blaine are at a crossroads; Amber has a meltdown.

Shawn meets Sara's ex.  In a battle between a barely clean addict and Shawn, Shawn is outmatched.  Shawn is always outmatched. 

Monique and Derek have yet more drama.  I suspect that Monique does not want to be out and about with Derek whereas Derek wants to enjoy the nightlife. 

Tayler finds Chance at a bar.  Will he have wasted more money on poker machines?  Will they pretend he is garnering the interest of the ladies?  Will Tayler put a foot in his ass like she should? 

In the most contrived storyline, Justine confronts Michael about his ring.  They are going to turn Juju and Montana Millz into Brit and Marcie if they keep this up.  I do not need naptime during the show. 

Amber has meltdown number 6,000.  Will it be because no one will give her $50K  or has Puppy piddled on the carpet? 

Finally, Lindsey and Blaine are at a crossroads.  I assume this is just where whatever new homestead they are claiming is. 

Original air date 2023.04.14

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

Aw. One of Lindsey's cats looks just like the cat I had when I was nine. He had a big nose too.  I called him Pretty Boy Floyd. 

All of these people are on the high end of the ridiculous scale.  But only Britt and Marce get their own song intros like on MTV.  I feel so bad for their kids.  Giovanni looks like such a sad little boy. Judging by his teeth he must be about six. No one that young should be featured on a reality tv show like that, especially talking about his parents' fighting and being sad. Exploitation is not a good look, folks. They are so hard up for a storyline that they are now pimping out the kid. I hate them.

All the kids are sad IMO and exploited on this show. Their parents really suck.

Lindsay's tantrum. She apparently stopped maturing at fourteen. Her daughter is now older mentally than she is. No wonder she can't deal with her, she's at an age disadvantage.

ETA: Nevermind. Two cats and a black dog. I hate that I am obsessed with her animals. Her poor animals. They live with Lindsay. That cannot be a good vibe.

Edited by Andyourlittledog2
  • Like 7
1 minute ago, Andyourlittledog2 said:

Lindsay's tantrum. She apparently stopped maturing at fourteen. Her daughter is now older mentally than she is. No wonder she can't deal with her, she's at an age disadvantage.

I loved the "no one helps me with my daughter that my mother is raising!" bit.  It also seemed weird that she turned back there.  Her mother doesn't want her there.

• Like 7
12 hours ago, anoninrva said:

I loved the "no one helps me with my daughter that my mother is raising!" bit.  It also seemed weird that she turned back there.  Her mother doesn't want her there.

I think it’s her grandmother and she just calls her mother. Because the real mother had drug problems etc.

Gee how fun to dress up and go to an empty club for bottle service.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
3 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Gee how fun to dress up and go to an empty club for bottle service.  

Yeah, so there'd be no women to turn his head. Except for that 'thirsty' bottle girl.  lol  I honestly thought Monique would follow him to the restroom to make sure there were no women there to meet him. I wonder how much is for the show and how much is just psycho. And then he brings up a threesome. As if.

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
16 hours ago, Andyourlittledog2 said:

Two cats and a black dog. I hate that I am obsessed with her animals. Her poor animals. They live with Lindsay. That cannot be a good vibe.

This is so sad to me. That poor old dog with its graying face crammed into the back seat with all of her shit, and the cat not even in a carrier, just loose in the car. I can see her opening the door and the cat bolting out of fear. And why have these animals just had their worlds turned upside down? Because Lindsey is a selfish, dramatic fuckup. I really don't care what these two losers do to each other, just leave the poor animals out of it.

• Like 4
  • Love 3

Lord have mercy these folks tire me out! Lindsey acting all hard, and the big bad bread winner. Ok girl, we see you. Call up ole Daonte or puffy Lips or the next victim. And how does she have TWO cars?

Derrik acting like a 3some is something he deserves. Loved Mo asking if she could have two dudes. It's sad that she remains with this guy. And the feeding segment? *my eyes*  I also heard on a FB group she has a ten-year-old son?! How is this never mentioned? Who is caring for him while she chases little man's tiny well used bone?

Tayler is not very bright but even she can see Chance is a lying liar who lies.  I hope she leaves him after the latest shenanigans before he literally causes her to go into the poor house. I hope her name is not on any of the debt he has accrued. So glad she did not go into a house with him. She looks absolutely defeated.

I am sorry Brits son looks sad, but honestly, I fast forward thru all of their scenes. I refuse to be a part of it for another minute.

Someone in the live chat mentioned Juju being a nurse:

"Boobsling, you don't understand... Somehow, you got through some nursing courses but lawd have mercy!  You are nutty!!!

Edited 18 hours ago by goofygirl"

Smug faced Boob sling is a CNA. That is not a nurse. She is a certified nurse assistant (or she was, as clearly that's in her rear view). I am a nurse, an RN, which took many many years of school and continued education. A CNA license can be procured in a few weeks of classes. Juju is not nurse material. We avoid two-inch-long fingernails, two-foot-long hair extensions that require constant patting, and onsies.  We do however "match" our co-workers in our scrubs. 

Juju and Mike are definitely on the come up... regarding their respective weight. Mike has been on swell, and clearly is also eating for two. I thought he was kinda cute initially, but now with his thinning greying hair and attraction to a girl who pins up his prison toe nails I am having to rethink. The degree of foolishness that he thinks the viewers will believe that he kept making money on his music and Alle express sneakers is on another level. Bless his heart. I truly hope these two losers do not become the next Brit and Marcelino or I will be fast forwarding thru 1/2 the show. 

• Like 4
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 1

If Amber has any hope of stopping her downward spital, she's going to have to face the reality of why she really had an abortion.  After confirming her pregnancy, the doctor said that her impaired liver function "could be very serious." Amber then asked, "Could it be fatal to me?," and after a short pause, he responds, "There are people who have died . . ."   Saying that something is possible, however, is not at all the same as saying it's probable, and it's definitely not the same as saying it's a certainty.  Nonetheless, Amber consistently recounts being told "it was me or the baby," creating a completely false pretext for her decision to have an abortion.  She doesn't stop there, though, using her made up reality to portray herself as a victim and to try and solicit sympathy (which I personally find pretty gross every time she does it - which is often).  But, as we all know, the real reason she chose to terminate her pregnancy is because T.C. had already made it clear to her he didn't want any more children, and she was desperate  to maintain the relationship.  It's looking like her plan has been a huge fail, however, as T.C. refuses to coddle her at all and is perilously close to bolting, and Amber doesn't have the baby that I think she actually wanted.  Now she's left trying to reconcile the fact she had an abortion she didn't want to try and keep a relationship that's obviously slipping through her fingers - and she deals by getting drunk and spewing all her anger at T.C.  (Said in my best armchair therapist voice).*

In other news, I'm not really sure why, but I find myself kind of liking Taylor.  I feel like she and her sister must've gone through some shit growing up, as they're both damaged, but I just get the sense that Taylor's a pretty decent and grounded person who seems to have some actual potential.  So, I'm hoping that in the next episode, we see her finally get rid of Chance the lying, manipulative dead weight she's been carrying for good.  

My favorite person on the whole show, however - maybe ever - is Aris' daughter Lina.  And to Aris' credit, she's very aware Lina is the coolest - and is appropriately proud of her.

*To be clear, the above is intended to be neither an expression of judgment nor opinion regarding Amber's choice to have an abortion.  However, I definitely intended to express a large amount of judgment and opinion, all directed towards her gross misrepresentation of her doctor's comment as not only a justification for the abortion, but to make herself out to be a victim in an attempt to play on others'  emotions to get attention and sympathy.

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
1 hour ago, Crazydoxielady said:

And the feeding segment? *my eyes* 

It was quite a stack and about half the can of whipped cream on top.

23 minutes ago, SabineElisabeth said:

said that her impaired liver function "could be very serious."

And of course with her impaired liver function she still drinks all day every day.  The baby probably would have had FAS if she kept it.

• Like 4
  • Sad 4
On 4/15/2023 at 6:57 PM, MrBuhBye said:

It was quite a stack and about half the can of whipped cream on top.

And of course with her impaired liver function she still drinks all day every day.  The baby probably would have had FAS if she kept it.

thats the part I dont understand in one breath she is like I did this to save my life and in the next shes fucking drinking 24/7 with a bad liver ... 

• Like 4