Type keyword(s) to search

Dr. Down Below - General Discussion

• Start Topic

The editing people really get to use their "blur" tools here. 😅

I can't imagine being a patient on this show.  Even knowing things will be blurred and creatively filmed and edited, that is a lot of extra people seeing your "private parts" - from the camera operators to the editors, and I'm sure others.

The woman who had a labial cyst seemed to be in so much pain, I felt so bad for her.  I'm glad Dr Milhouse was able to help.

• Like 4

I found it less disgusting than Dr. Pimple Popper. They showed some gross things from that show before this one started. People do have these kinds of issues, so if it makes someone get help instead of suffering, then it's all good. 

As a watcher of My 600 pound life, I'm used to the blurred out areas, but can you imagine having to carefully select the prolapse or cyst before blurring the rest? I hope they are paid well.

I found the doctor charming but then they showed some of her social media which could be a bit too much.

• Like 2

I noticed this doesn’t seem to be on next week. I wonder if it was a one time special, or maybe a preview of a streaming show?

I think it would be hard to come up with enough cases with visual interest to make this show work.

• Like 3

I saw this last night-the guy with the extra hole was interesting but I always wonder why a man would do that to his penis? And the 2 ladies-wouldn't they go to a gyno to have these issues taken care of? This doc is an urologist, not a gynocologist. That cyst was gnarly, tho. I can't imagine how she put up with it all that time.

• Like 4
On 4/8/2023 at 4:38 PM, Maisiesmom said:

I saw this last night-the guy with the extra hole was interesting but I always wonder why a man would do that to his penis? And the 2 ladies-wouldn't they go to a gyno to have these issues taken care of? This doc is an urologist, not a gynocologist. That cyst was gnarly, tho. I can't imagine how she put up with it all that time.

Listening to the episode of the Ologies podcast that featured Dr. Milhouse, I learned that urologists are for everyone who pees!  Gynecologists specialize in the care of female reproductive organs (I believe we actually say "people with vulvas" now), which sure, can include the external genitalia, so the lady with the labial cyst probably could've seen either type of doc, or a GP for that matter.  Sometimes if you have something weird going on, you get bounced from doc to doc until someone steps up to handle it--I had a growth on my wrist that my GP looked at and went "Eccch!" and sent me to a general surgeon who went "Eccch!" and sent me to a plastic surgeon, who said "Hmmmm..." and scheduled me for surgery to remove it.  Turned out to be melanoma, so I probably should have started with a dermatologist and saved some time!

• Like 4

I am watching this now and my question doesn't have anything to do with the actual subject matter. 

Crystal was taken to surgery.  Her eyes were taped shut, which I've seen before.  But her ears appeared to be covered and taped also.  What was that about?  I've never seen that before.

On 4/10/2023 at 3:26 PM, Lovecat said:

Listening to the episode of the Ologies podcast that featured Dr. Milhouse, I learned that urologists are for everyone who pees!  Gynecologists specialize in the care of female reproductive organs (I believe we actually say "people with vulvas" now), which sure, can include the external genitalia, so the lady with the labial cyst probably could've seen either type of doc, or a GP for that matter.  Sometimes if you have something weird going on, you get bounced from doc to doc until someone steps up to handle it--I had a growth on my wrist that my GP looked at and went "Eccch!" and sent me to a general surgeon who went "Eccch!" and sent me to a plastic surgeon, who said "Hmmmm..." and scheduled me for surgery to remove it.  Turned out to be melanoma, so I probably should have started with a dermatologist and saved some time!

I just learned through personal experience that there is such a thing as a "Uro-Gynecologist" who does female reproductive system and urinary system.  One shop stop.

• Useful 2