Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E03: Connor's Wedding

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, ProudMary said:

Don't forget about last week's episode. I'm relatively certain that Brian Cox won the Best Actor Emmy while standing on a box on the floor of ATN. 

If he doesn't appear in half of this season's episodes, he'll be eligible for Best Guest Actor in a Drama Series. I think they're able to submit him in the lead category if they want to, but I'm not certain.

Re: Willa - I don't think she was entirely truthful when she said that she was happy. Her reaction at the rehearsal dinner was not the reaction of someone who's happy about getting married.

I think the truth might be that she's happier with Connor than she would be struggling to make ends meet on her own.

After she said that money and safety were important to her, I thought she might go on to say, "But I really do care about you." But she didn't go that far, which made me feel bad for Connor. I do think she cares about him, though, even if she'd never consider marrying him without the money.

However, any time I feel bad for Connor, I remind myself that he's running for president under the platform of "people like me shouldn't have to pay taxes." And he's the kind of person who should be paying the most in taxes.

Edited by Blakeston
  • Like 13
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

My personal favorite line of the "obituary"

A spokesperson for HBO, which has handled media for Waystar Royco since 2018, declined The Times’ repeated requests to make anyone available for comment.

This was so well written I hope everyone gets a chance to view it.  

• Like 7

Loved this on the plane (paraphrasing):

Karolina: I think someone should call Matsson and tell him Logan is delayed.

Karl: Oh, he's heavily fucking delayed alright.

Edited by BC4ME
  • Like 8
  • LOL 7

Logan's death is so much like real life, where a major family member dies with so much left unsaid, so little resolution to things, so many dangling threads.  Most shows and movies make character deaths overly tidy, with most loose ends tied up.  Logan's death leaves a tangled mess, both with his business empire and the psychological state of the children he abused for a lifetime.  That is why so many people can relate to this character's death more than any other.

• Like 11
  • Applause 7

On rewatch, I had forgotten this gem of a line from the opening moments:

"He just finds you visually aggravating right now."

And I have now added "visually aggravating" to my own personal arsenal. Thank you, Jesse Armstrong.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 8
22 hours ago, Penman61 said:

My family is very much not the Roys in any significant way. 

And I have never seen a show depict more accurately those awful weird moments among the siblings during/after a parent’s death. 

22 hours ago, BlackberryJam said:

Well, that’s excellent television. 

Absolutely. I had some…flashbacks to my own personal grief. I don’t even like the Roys and I hurt for them. Fabulous acting and writing.

My family couldn’t be more different than the Roys, but damn this hit home. My father died extremely suddenly a decade ago and this called up so many flashbacks I cried throughout the episode. Superbly acted by everyone. They absolutely nailed what it’s like to have to triage an event like this, and the sibling dynamic was spot on. Even the gallows humor moments…this was an utterly fantastic piece of television. 

• Like 8
  • Hugs 6
5 hours ago, Blakeston said:

Re: Willa - I don't think she was entirely truthful when she said that she was happy. Her reaction at the rehearsal dinner was not the reaction of someone who's happy about getting married.

I don't think she was saying she was happy about getting married, just that she was happy living the way she was. So it was like she was saying yes, she was there for the money and security, but she wasn't gritting her teeth and suffering for that money, she was enjoying her life. That's why I thought it was honest.

5 hours ago, Blakeston said:

However, any time I feel bad for Connor, I remind myself that he's running for president under the platform of "people like me shouldn't have to pay taxes." And he's the kind of person who should be paying the most in taxes.

Absolutely.

2 hours ago, Dobian said:

Logan's death is so much like real life, where a major family member dies with so much left unsaid, so little resolution to things, so many dangling threads.  Most shows and movies make character deaths overly tidy, with most loose ends tied up.  Logan's death leaves a tangled mess, both with his business empire and the psychological state of the children he abused for a lifetime.  That is why so many people can relate to this character's death more than any other.

And not only was it messy with dangling threads, but they weren't contrived dangling threads just to be obvious drama for later. It was just organically the kind of mess he'd have left dying at practically any time.

• Like 11
13 hours ago, nilyank said:

n her audition tape to be a news anchor, weirdo Kerry was smiling up a storm like a maniac as she was reading the news of horrible events. Instead of having a Poker Face, she had a Joker Face.

When Kerry came in the room with that weird grin saying "wow that was so weird" etc , that was the only time I thought maybe they had restarted his heart. But then I realized she is just has a Joker face.

Edited by Blackie
spelling
  • Like 6
23 hours ago, Jaundiced Eye said:

Watching the siblings struggle to say goodbye to Logan was so sad. They finally managed to say they loved him, but first they had to say they'd never forgive him (Kendall), and there's "no excuse" for his actions (Shiv). Only Roman had the audacity to say he was a good dad. Poor Roman. He's going to have the hardest time dealing with his loss.

Yet Roman was tasked with firing Gerri and felt crappy for doing his Dad’s dirty work. Logan Roy…a shithead to the very end.

• Like 10
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, AngieBee1 said:

As far as I'm concerned she wasn't officially fired. Sure, Roman told her the news but we don't know if Roman had a chance to hear his voice mail and release the info of Gerri's firing to others to make it official (get her exit package together, etc.). Did Roman even get a chance to confirm to Tom that he fired her? And if she had been officially fired I don't see Karl, Karolina, Frank and Hugo letting her into the cone to strategize how to handle letting people know of Logan's demise.

Karolina knew about Gerris firing although she was surprised by it, she may not follow through w it. Tom knows it too although he may not matter. 

11 hours ago, DoubleUTeeEff said:

Tom really stepped up. He knew it might be a last chance for Shiv and the others to express their feelings to Logan so he made sure to make that happen for them by holding up the phone for them.

We’ve been shown that Tom comes from a nice normal family. If he weren’t  both weak and ambitious he wouldn’t be such a jerk.,.it’s like he learned jerkdom from hanging around the Roys but in a normal space he’d probably be normal.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
On 4/9/2023 at 8:22 PM, juno said:

HBO loves to kill people during weddings. I guess the new Red Wedding is Connor's Wedding.

Spoiler

Even Call The Midwife killed someone during a wedding. It's all the rage.

I think Kerry is basically gone now.

I was surprised she got a ride home from Teterboro.

I can't get over the change from Kerry looking so laid back in the limo with Logan: Sunglasses on, not even turning to talk to him when she says "Napoleon and Josephine letters", just too cool for school, all calm and copacetic. Then the next time you see her she has that stressed Pee Wee Herman grin. She's toast.

Edited by 7-Zark-7
  • Like 15
  • Useful 1
6 hours ago, 7-Zark-7 said:

I can't get over the change from Kerry looking so laid back in the limo with Logan: Sunglasses on, not even turning to talk to him when she says "Napoleon and Josephine letters", just too cool for school, all calm and copacetic. Then the next time you see her she has that stressed Pee Wee Herman grin. She's toast.

Just wait until Marcia comes back from Europe and tells her to eff off. 

• Like 8
  • LOL 3

L to the O.G., RIP. I have no idea where things will go from here.

Re: Connor's wedding - where did all the people go? Weren't there a lot of people on the boat going to the ceremony?

• Like 2

I would love for Logan to have bequeathed his control/shares of the company to Marcia (I have no idea if that is actually how things work, but whatever), so the kids are once again all vying for the #2 spot. 

Speaking of Marcia... she would have been an easy excuse for whatever delay the kids were trying to orchestrate for a hot second.  Kendall was right - whatever they did would be picked apart.  But saying, "yes, we did delay the announcement because we had to contact Marcia (and maybe even their own mother) and tell her before it hit the news" would be plausible and perfectly acceptable.  As others said, as soon as they talked about "the markets", I was thinking, um, isn't it a Saturday???  Again, I don't know how that works, but I thought "the markets" were closed on weekends. 

Shallow note:  What's with the wardrobe people this season?  I'm hating Shiv's wardrobe this season.  Can they please find her an outfit that doesn't include a blazer/jacket of some kind?  Even when she's in party or casual mode, she's wearing a jacket.  And geez, put her in some color.  We've only seen her in various tones of beige/brown and black.  She had a killer wardrobe the first 3 seasons.  What happened???  I loved Gerry's hat (and her hair style/make up) but the dress was ill fitting and rather stodgy for a boat wedding.  Even Willa's pre-reception outfit was rather boring for her. 

• Like 4
On 4/9/2023 at 11:20 PM, aghst said:

Greg is still around for comic relief.  Shiv was cold to him this episode but in the previews it looks like the children are tolerating him, but not outright telling him to GTFO.  But unless he gets more shares, either from his uncle or Logan or both, it's surprising how much they tolerate him.

I am really curious about the endgame for Greg in the series. Is he just there for laughs and to illustrate the intrinsic nastiness of the other characters (I.e. that "don't touch me" from Shiv on the boat in this episode) or will there be something substantial for him in the end?  

• Like 2
23 hours ago, cardigirl said:

As devastated as Shiv was, she still got the jealous angry look when she thought Tom was getting ahead of her with preparing a statement. And the look she gave when he responded to her snark with a gentle remark about it being a very tough day was just so ... mean. Like Tom can't be affected by Logan's death? Tom doesn't have feelings worth thinking about per Shiv.

As sorry as I was for her devastation at the news, I still saw a flicker of the selfishness she has about herself. I don't know if she can be redeemed in my eyes of deserving happiness, or peace. 

I think it is more that Tom ultimately chose Logan over her.  Now, obviously, many of their relationship problems are Shiv's fault as well and existed before he betrayed her to Logan, but she lost her dad while he seemed mainly concerned about losing his potential link to the power that is the Roy family.

1 hour ago, chaifan said:

Speaking of Marcia... she would have been an easy excuse for whatever delay the kids were trying to orchestrate for a hot second.  Kendall was right - whatever they did would be picked apart.  But saying, "yes, we did delay the announcement because we had to contact Marcia (and maybe even their own mother) and tell her before it hit the news" would be plausible and perfectly acceptable.  As others said, as soon as they talked about "the markets", I was thinking, um, isn't it a Saturday???  Again, I don't know how that works, but I thought "the markets" were closed on weekends. 

I got the impression it was a Friday.  Because they made the comment that they couldn't keep the plane up there til the markets reopen Monday.  

56 minutes ago, ichbin said:

I am really curious about the endgame for Greg in the series. Is he just there for laughs and to illustrate the intrinsic nastiness of the other characters (I.e. that "don't touch me" from Shiv on the boat in this episode) or will there be something substantial for him in the end?  

Wasn't that more because, like Tom, Greg has basically become Team Logan, so against her and her brothers?  I think Greg is basically a grifter, and Shiv and her brothers have started to see it.

3 minutes ago, deaja said:

I think it is more that Tom ultimately chose Logan over her.  Now, obviously, many of their relationship problems are Shiv's fault as well and existed before he betrayed her to Logan, but she lost her dad while he seemed mainly concerned about losing his potential link to the power that is the Roy family.

She's chosen Logan often, but I agree, she begged for Logan to spare Tom, at the end of season 2, so she wins some points for that. By the end of season 3 though, Tom realized she was not planning to include him in the takeover, he was mostly an afterthought, so he traded his marriage for moving closer to Logan. 

I still thought her response to Tom's measured one was ridiculous, but I will admit I am biased. 

• Like 4

I would love for Logan to have bequeathed his control/shares of the company to Marcia (I have no idea if that is actually how things work, but whatever), so the kids are once again all vying for the #2 spot. 

Shallow note:  What's with the wardrobe people this season?  I'm hating Shiv's wardrobe this season.  Can they please find her an outfit that doesn't include a blazer/jacket of some kind?  Even when she's in party or casual mode, she's wearing a jacket.  And geez, put her in some color.  We've only seen her in various tones of beige/brown and black.  She had a killer wardrobe the first 3 seasons.  What happened???  I loved Gerry's hat (and her hair style/make up) but the dress was ill fitting and rather stodgy for a boat wedding.  Even Willa's pre-reception outfit was rather boring for her. 

I saw on the clock app - someone broke down the actual wedding scene of Conner and Willa - and noticed there were three bridesmaids on Willa's side and three empty spots on Conner's side for presumably the Roy kids.  Hence, Shiv was wearing a "man's suit" because she was a groomsman.  A Tom Ford woman's suit, but a suit nonetheless.  

• Like 2
  • Useful 10
22 minutes ago, deaja said:

Wasn't that more because, like Tom, Greg has basically become Team Logan, so against her and her brothers?  I think Greg is basically a grifter, and Shiv and her brothers have started to see it.

Perhaps, but it seems like they've treated him like garbage since the beginning.

On 4/10/2023 at 9:50 AM, cardigirl said:

As devastated as Shiv was, she still got the jealous angry look when she thought Tom was getting ahead of her with preparing a statement. And the look she gave when he responded to her snark with a gentle remark about it being a very tough day was just so ... mean. Like Tom can't be affected by Logan's death? Tom doesn't have feelings worth thinking about per Shiv.

I don't think she was upset that Tom was grieving. I think Shiv wants to hate Tom, because they're estranged and she feels betrayed by him from last season's finale. She doesn't want for him to be kind or reasonable or a comforting presence during a vulnerable time, because she doesn't want to let her guard down and allow him the chance to pull one over her again.

I thought the face she made when Tom said it was a "tough day" was more of a childish "how dare he be reasonable when I'm obviously lashing out" type of reaction, because she's conflicted about their relationship and testing him. Tom was doing everything right in this situation, and it bothered her because she wanted him to mess up so she could convince herself that she didn't need him. And then, by the end of the episode, she walked into his embrace and then went home with him because she realized she needed his support.

10 minutes ago, ichbin said:

Perhaps, but it seems like they've treated him like garbage since the beginning.

Kendall and Greg were kind of close until Greg realized Kendall was a total train wreck, and Kendall dicked him over with that watch. 

• Like 12
  • Applause 2

While watching I kept thinking that Kerry would be left a chunk of the company and that they’d all regret treating her poorly. But the season preview doesn’t show much of her-so perhaps not. I think I’m most curious about the contents of the will.  

• Like 3
On 4/9/2023 at 10:38 PM, Irlandesa said:

Roman really wanted a hug from Gerri didn't he.  If only he hadn't mentioned she was getting fired earlier, he might have gotten it.

There were SO MANY moments that were done so perfectly, and this was one of them - Roman practically begging for some comfort from the woman he just fired at the behest of his now-deceased father was poetic and heartbreaking.  Given the weird relationship between these two in past seasons, I thought for sure Gerri would acquiesce - especially when she seemed to be taking some considerable time putting her phone back in her purse and getting ready to stand up.  I feel like she was considering her next step - hug Roman or walk out.  She ended up crushing Roman like only she could.

On 4/9/2023 at 10:50 PM, maddie965 said:

This scene. God.

20230409_231303.jpg

And we never even saw Logan. F* brilliant.

We did see a bit of Logan - I replayed it twice to make sure I was seeing what I thought I was seeing...when Frank (I believe) closed the door to the area where Logan was, we see just the top of Logan's head on the floor.  That, for me, was a punch to the gut - that's when I first realized that it was true, no sick prank, and just that fleeting glance of Logan Roy's head was a superb last look at the Titan.

On 4/10/2023 at 12:03 PM, cardigirl said:

Another moment that got me was when the Three finally informed Connor, and Roman grabbed Connor's hand and hugged it for a moment, as a gesture of love and support. 

I rewound this scene too.  I have always been so impressed with the physicality that Kieran Culkin brings to Roman.  That sideways awkward grabbing of Conner seemed extremely real.  See also: Roman kind of sliding/falling onto the floor of the boat after saying goodbye, sitting cross-legged in a chair as the kids discussed the statement, resting his forehead on the doorjamb after Gerri walked away from him.  He is so good.  Give him all the Emmys.  Or make a new category for him, I don't care.

The whole idea of Logan being on that plane, with Tom's phone cutting in and out, and the continuation of the chest compressions on Logan, and everyone telling the kids that they weren't sure he was actually gone so the audience also wasn't sure - that was so beautifully unsettling, I think I forgot to breathe several times while watching.  The real-time aspect was brilliant and I will never forget it.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 12
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1

I don't think there could really be any surprises in the will that would materially change that much for the Roy siblings. They already own enough shares outright that they are all billionaires multiple times - it was how they were going to finance the Pierce deal.  Sure, some additional billions would be nice, but I don't think Logan saw their estrangement as permanent and estate planning for an estate of that magnitude is going to be complex and not something to change on a whim.  There are probably irrevocable trusts set up for the kids and grandkids, generation skipping trusts, etc.  

I think Marcia might be the wildcard in this, but even with her, I think there was probably a pre-nup to lay out what she gets and when.

I'm very intrigued though at what happens next, as that was what I was expecting back when I started the show - Logan's health crisis in Season 1 I thought the show would center around his heirs as they jockeyed for position while he was on life support. I didn't expect at that point for him to hang on for three more seasons.

19 hours ago, BC4ME said:

I have some thoughts about Willa. She was a hired escort or sex worker or whatever. She probably lost her aspirations for a true fairytale love a long time ago. Her values are just different. This is probably the very best outcome for her. She is real. I probably like her the best of anyone on the show.

And I liked how the sibs seemed to think Conner should stick with her. Actually they said something to the effect of, you can't do better, but from them this was acceptance and endorsement. 

I agree with this completely.  The scene between Willa and her mother, who was also a terrific actress, was also very telling in this regard.  When her mom said "he'll take care of you," there was a lot of history behind those words and that look.

• Like 8
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, chaifan said:

hallow note:  What's with the wardrobe people this season?  I'm hating Shiv's wardrobe this season.  Can they please find her an outfit that doesn't include a blazer/jacket of some kind?  Even when she's in party or casual mode, she's wearing a jacket.  And geez, put her in some color.  We've only seen her in various tones of beige/brown and black.  She had a killer wardrobe the first 3 seasons.  What happened??

She just had a baby so she must have been pretty pregnant when this was filmed. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, Cramps said:

While watching I kept thinking that Kerry would be left a chunk of the company and that they’d all regret treating her poorly. But the season preview doesn’t show much of her-so perhaps not.

I think leaving Kerry a chunk of the company would be very non-Logan.  He's a hound dog, but he really doesn't think with his dick.  He's only willing to go so far to accommodate anyone in his life, as we saw with giving Kerry the shot at the news gig, but not willing to make a bad business decision (giving her the actual job) just to appease her as his side piece.

I think it would be very Logan-esque to not have considered Kerry at all in any business or personal financial plans.  She gets the benefits of the relationship while there is a relationship.  He could have kicked her to the curb the next day, and not cared one bit about her. 

That being said, I hope who ever remains in charge realizes that Kerry is actually good at her job, and there's no reason to make her lose her job just because Logan is dead.  She doesn't need to be a recurring character from this point on, though.  Unless she starts to date Greg, which would be hilarious. 

• Like 3

Remember that Marcia tried to make one or more of her sons a big player in Waystar in season 1.

In fact was it one of her sons who spotted Kendall sneaking back in after the car went into the water and he hiked back?

But they didn't do more with those characters since.  Last season she was negotiating for coming back to him and she may have made demands about her son(s).

Edited by aghst
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, Haleth said:

She just had a baby so she must have been pretty pregnant when this was filmed. 

Filming for season 4 took place between June 2022 and January 2023.  According to a Vanity Fair article, Snook was 32 weeks pregnant at the end of March 2023, at the premier.  So she would have been about 5 months by the end of filming.

Snook also confirmed that she finished up filming this final season of the show while fully pregnant. “Yeah, I mean, you couldn't tell. It's not super big at the moment, but still. There's a lot of beach balls being held in front of me and umbrellas.” She laughed before adding sarcastically, “Yeah, no. That's very Succession.”

But her size/shape isn't at issue, and wasn't the point of my comment.  They're not dressing her poorly to hide a pregnancy.  They're just dressing her poorly. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, deaja said:

I don't think there could really be any surprises in the will that would materially change that much for the Roy siblings. They already own enough shares outright that they are all billionaires multiple times - it was how they were going to finance the Pierce deal.  Sure, some additional billions would be nice, but I don't think Logan saw their estrangement as permanent and estate planning for an estate of that magnitude is going to be complex and not something to change on a whim.  There are probably irrevocable trusts set up for the kids and grandkids, generation skipping trusts, etc.  

I think Marcia might be the wildcard in this, but even with her, I think there was probably a pre-nup to lay out what she gets and when.

I'm very intrigued though at what happens next, as that was what I was expecting back when I started the show - Logan's health crisis in Season 1 I thought the show would center around his heirs as they jockeyed for position while he was on life support. I didn't expect at that point for him to hang on for three more seasons.

It's entirely possible that Logan cut out one or more of his kids entirely, or gave one of them a disproportionate share of his estate, or left his mistress or Cousin Greg or some out of the blue heir. I would not put it past Logan to have some bastards out there that the Roys we have followed have no idea about who are recipients.

It's also possible that he expresses a preference for one or more of the kids to succeed him or a major aversion to that possibility, which could shake things up.

Also, with Logan dead, that very well could tank the GoJo deal and/or deflate the value of any independent holdings the kids have, since so much of the company's value was tied into Logan. It's very possible that Mattson realizes this and forces the company to renegotiate. It's also possible that the kids realize that they want to hold onto this piece of their dad more than they want the additional money they would get if the deal goes through. And there's still the possibility of Sandy/Stewey screwing things over for either the deal or the kids more broadly.

• Like 1

I think Shiv’s wardrobe is telling. She’s struggling emotionally. Her marriage is falling apart. She has no support, no friends, no one on her side. She’s in a lifelong battle with her brothers. 

Previously, she was a successful political consultant, a woman about to get married and then in control of her marriage. When Tom flipped, it took a lot of her power away. It’s reflected in her wardrobe.

Like Roman is always dressed like he just stopped wearing short pants, reminding us that he’s the youngest, he’s immature, he behaves like a naughty school boy.

Kendall alternates between power suits and “shady street corner drug dealer”.

I miss Shiv’s fabulous pants, but the costuming is deliberate.

• Like 12
  • Applause 5
4 hours ago, cmfran said:

L to the O.G., RIP. I have no idea where things will go from here.

Re: Connor's wedding - where did all the people go? Weren't there a lot of people on the boat going to the ceremony?

I assume they basically cancelled the big part of the wedding, as they discussed, so it was only after everyone else left they had a private ceremony.

2 hours ago, deaja said:

But Greg isn't a grifter at all. He's openly working whatever job he's working at the time and hasn't particularly done anything against Shiv or her brothers that's hurtful enough to notice. They use him when he catches their attention and it amuses them to do so, and when it's not he's an annoyance. 

It's Tom that Greg's attached to, which probably is why Shiv didn't want him touching her. He's a "disgusting brother" with Tom, or so she's heard.

Re: Marcia, I'm sure she and Logan worked out a very clear financial deal for her to go away shopping in Milan forever, and however Logan might like to screw with his kids, he wasn't going to hand over everything to Marcia's kid, which is what would happen if he brought her into it. However much he abuses his kids, they're his creations and Marcia's son isn't.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, sistermagpie said:

But Greg isn't a grifter at all. He's openly working whatever job he's working at the time and hasn't particularly done anything against Shiv or her brothers that's hurtful enough to notice. They use him when he catches their attention and it amuses them to do so, and when it's not he's an annoyance. 

I disagree but don't want to get too far off the episode topic. But from the start, he just showed up to ingratiate himself into the family because he needed money.  Yes, he "works" while he's doing that, but a lot of his work like we saw in this episode is cleaning up stuff the family or Tom needs a fall guy to do.

1 hour ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

It's entirely possible that Logan cut out one or more of his kids entirely, or gave one of them a disproportionate share of his estate, or left his mistress or Cousin Greg or some out of the blue heir. I would not put it past Logan to have some bastards out there that the Roys we have followed have no idea about who are recipients.

Tom is another long shot candidate. Logan told him he wouldn't forget when Tom was willing to be the fall guy for the Cruise controversy. Maybe he'll split his shares between Greg and Tom. I'm far more interested in the reading of the will than I am in the funeral.

I think leaving Kerry a chunk of the company would be very non-Logan.  He's a hound dog, but he really doesn't think with his dick.  He's only willing to go so far to accommodate anyone in his life, as we saw with giving Kerry the shot at the news gig, but not willing to make a bad business decision (giving her the actual job) just to appease her as his side piece.

He did name Rhea as his successor at one point...

Edited by absnow54
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, deaja said:

I disagree but don't want to get too far off the episode topic. But from the start, he just showed up to ingratiate himself into the family because he needed money.  Yes, he "works" while he's doing that, but a lot of his work like we saw in this episode is cleaning up stuff the family or Tom needs a fall guy to do.

Yeah, but a grifter is somebody who's scamming people. Everyone knows that Greg is there to ingratiate himself into the family for money. Logan got him to turn down his inheritance from his grandfather in the hopes of a bigger payout from Logan, and everyone knows this. He's a poor relation hanger-on, and they've known and taken advantage of that from the beginning, they're not just noticing it now.  Shiv's particularly repulsed by him now, imo, because of his attachment to Tom that she just called Tom out on recently.

• Like 3
On 4/10/2023 at 9:33 AM, Sailorgirl26 said:

Am I the only one who thought Kerry was in the bathroom with Logan, giving him a blowie, when he collapsed? I thought that was the reason for the weird grinny face...

Why would they do that in the bathroom when they had their own bedroom?

• Like 3
39 minutes ago, Dminches said:

Why would they do that in the bathroom when they had their own bedroom?

For all the same reasons people have sex in places other than their bedrooms. It's not a "bedroom or nowhere" activity....

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

Sorry, Rhea (Holly Hunter)!

Oh, ok! 

Back to my point, making Rhea CEO wasn't a thinking with his dick move.  That was pure business, she was fully qualified for the job, more so than any of the kids.  He stole her from Nan Pierce.  And, I don't think it ever was confirmed or not if they were sleeping together. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, BlackberryJam said:

Like Roman is always dressed like he just stopped wearing short pants, reminding us that he’s the youngest, he’s immature, he behaves like a naughty school boy.

Actually Shiv is the youngest, although that's hard to believe.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
17 minutes ago, BC4ME said:

Sorry, I meant youngest son. Kieran is very naughty little boy in his clothing and mannerisms.

On the Greg issue, we met him getting stoned and then interacting with children, puking out the eyeholes of his bear or whatever costume. Greg is an asshole douche like the rest of the Roys, he just doesn't have as much power. 

• Like 4

Tom was so calm during the phone-to-Logan's-ear portion of the episode.  He deftly handled each Roy kid freaking out on him, while repeatedly telling them that he didn't know if Logan could hear them but look, tell him what you need to tell him...just talk to him...putting the phone to him now...here he is, just talk.  I found that touching.

But then, Tom called Greg and that's when Tom's tears started, but how much of that was him holding his emotions back while everything was happening on the plane and finally being able to process while talking to Greg, and how much was it his fear that his "protection" was gone?  

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 12
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, BC4ME said:

Just now, laurakaye said:

Is she?  I have wondered since the beginning of this show if she was the youngest, or Roman.  Sincerely asking, I never caught that.

I know there's been some official things that say that, but to me it always seems like him being the middle child is like Roman clearly being married with a child in the pilot. His character changed, and it's now hard to believe that he's not the youngest because he so obviously seems like he is...so I go with that. Whatever they originally intended when he and Kendall both had kids, he's the youngest now.

• Like 7
7 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Tom was so calm during the phone-to-Logan's-ear portion of the episode.  He deftly handled each Roy kid freaking out on him, while repeatedly telling them that he didn't know if Logan could hear them but look, tell him what you need to tell him...just talk to him...putting the phone to him now...here he is, just talk.  I found that touching.

But then, Tom called Greg and that's when Tom's tears started, but how much of that was him holding his emotions back while everything was happening on the plane and finally being able to process while talking to Greg, and how much was it his fear that his "protection" was gone?  

Yeah, and Tom quickly switched gears to, "Greg, go to the office, get this file from my computer, delete it, go to the trash bin, delete it from there..." The CYA was beginning. 

Tom did handle the Roy children well.

• Like 7