Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E28: Power Of Veto Competition #9

• Start Topic

Victoria was lucky that she passed out with two medically trained people in the house. It was super interesting to see how differently Nicole (the nurse) and Derrick (the cop) acted under pressure. Nicole cracked like an egg, friend or not I would've thought she'd have it more together but she looked as lost as the houseguests who didn't have medical training. Derrick meanwhile seemed to be the most prepared and calm under stress. He moved into police-mode Derrick without missing a beat. It was kind of awesome to watch. Also I wonder why Derrick was the first person Nicole called for of all the guys to help her? Is her spidey sense tingling and is her conscience telling her that he's not a parks guy?

If you've never seen the medical emergency of S9, definitely YouTube it (Amanda & Alison) That was scary shit and Nurse Tammy is the world's greatest multitasker. Also Amanda was so grateful to the other houseguests for helping her, I didn't really see anything close in Victoria's diary room.

I'd never noticed Victoria's chipmunk cheeks, but post emerg you could really see a huge difference.

Frankie's wrong about us forgetting who Joey was. Girl will live in infamy as the one who called an all boy alliance from the start. Don't make fun, Frankie. She was right.

• Love 6

Derrick is the Maggie of Season 6. He's controlling who goes home every week and there is NO power shift in this game.  Not an exciting season at all.  Big Brother needs to step in, I would have thought they would this week.  Oh well, hoping for a more exciting season next year.

• Love 2

Nicole is young enough to be a relatively new nurse, and she's right, it's completely different when it's someone you have a personal connection with. It's why I have no problem with being in OR and watching surgeries, but can't do it when it's my mom or best friend. Also, there are a lot of avenues of nursing and if she's not ER or critical care, I'm not surprised she froze.

• Love 4

I just registered at CBS and voted my 20 times against that awful play.  Not so much to show that I didn't like the play, but that I didn't like the choice of the play over saving Donny.

When Frankie and Derrick find out they're not getting their 5K, at least one will say "Well if they didn't like that, they really wouldn't have liked the idea of saving Donny."  Not an ounce of sense between them. 

If America liked Donny enough to vote him into TA, why wouldn't you think America would like the idea of saving him from eviction?  Maroons. 

CALEB said "espresso" twice. It SAID "espresso" on the wall. So why did only ONE PERSON not say "expresso?" And she's a barista, I would freaking hope she knows how to say it.

You have a great way of expressoing your feelings.  I'm going to expresso my feelings to CBS by voting NO as many times as possible. 

#TeamDonnie

The only thing more hilarious than Donny's impersonation of Devin (which was so spot on I actually thought he might have caught Genius Gangrene) was Cody pretending he was going to make any kind of move with that PoV. 

Cody, we all know you'll do only what your daddy tells you to do. 

• Love 6

Oh my word, the crazy speculations about Donny continue. How on earth could he be "special intelligence" in the military and also be like Rain Man? Have they ever seen Rain Man? Yes, an Autistic Savant will have areas where they are brilliant, far above others. But they cannot even function in daily life. Caleb, you sir are ridiculous. But kind of amusing. 

So, excuse me, but WHY did Victoria collapse? Was it simply from the pain of her wisdom teeth coming in? Was she not eating because of it? I was a little bit confused there, and my cynical self was wondering if she wasn't overdoing it for the sake of attention. Sorry. I know I'm awful. 

Frankie - "I'm so good with numbers! I got this!" - out on the first round. 

I hated this challenge. I felt like it was just given to Cody.  Ugh. 

The play idea was so stupid, but Donny's Devin was amazing. And Victoria's Amber flat out sucked. You could tell she was really jealous of her.

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 6
When Frankie and Derrick find out they're not getting their 5K, at least one will say "Well if they didn't like that, they really wouldn't have liked the idea of saving Donny."  Not an ounce of sense between them.

I actually think Derrick probably knew it was a good idea, but had to weigh the earning of 5K against possibly spoiling his game. Getting 5K is awesome, but he wants to get to the end more. If the original plan was to get Donny out and all of a sudden he's campaigning to keep him or trying to throw vetos, etc. - it might make him a target with the other houseguests. 

• Love 2
Speaking of Caleb, I guess he also got it right when he was talking about Donny being a Special Forces genius, and he said, "It's not gangrene." Now, I feel confident that Donny, in fact, does not have gangrene. However, I feel equally confident that Caleb was using that word but did not know what it means. What I have absolutely no clue about is what the hell Caleb was actually trying to say. Does anyone have any ideas?

Caleb mentioned, "Rainman," so I think he was going for Autistic or Savant.  I only wish.  If Donny had any of Rainman's skills he would have aced that counting comp.

I like Donny a lot, but I thought his reading the Team America assignment to make up a trick, instantly followed by, "I know!  Let's save me!" was a little cringe worthy. The team America thing has already saved Donny and sent Nicole out once, after Derrick changed the plan to vote out Donny, in order to keep his $5000 checks coming.  They've all three had enough advantage with that deal.  Plus, no Donny, we didn't vote that we wanted you three to be together, we voted on individuals and you guys happened to be the top three.

That said,  Frankie's  "show," was the worst.  It's sad that what he  considers his great talent is so bad.  You're no Nathan Lane, Frankie.  You're not even Wil Heuser.  Not even close.

• Love 2
's "luck dressed up as math" as I wrote before, and that offends me, for some reason.

That's exactly what it is and I hate it as well! When it comes to Veto, I want to see people fighting for their lives, not just making random stabs in the dark. 

• Love 1

Nicole is young enough to be a relatively new nurse,

BRAND new, I believe - hadn't Nicole just finished nursing school immediately before being picked for BB? IIRC she has yet to take her National Register tests; she was scheduled to to so before her BB game application was selected and blew up her calendar.

and she's right, it's completely different when it's someone you have a personal connection with. It's why I have no problem with being in OR and watching surgeries, but can't do it when it's my mom or best friend. Also, there are a lot of avenues of nursing and if she's not ER or critical care, I'm not surprised she froze.

Yep, which is why health care facilities have policies and procedures governing staff treatment of family members or close personal friends - Grey's Anatomy notwithstanding. :)

• Love 3

So, excuse me, but WHY did Victoria collapse? Was it simply from the pain of her wisdom teeth coming in? Was she not eating because of it? I was a little bit confused there, and my cynical self was wondering if she wasn't overdoing it for the sake of attention. Sorry. I know I'm awful. 

From the sounds of it, her wisdom teeth were coming in which were painful to the touch so she stopped eating.  The not eating resulted in her passing out. It didn't sound like there was anything medically wrong with her wisdom teeth (ie. that would've warranted her having them removed immediately), it was just painful.  I wonder why they didn't give her some pain meds earlier?  It can't be that hard for a dentist to pop by and just have a look to see if they are okay or not.  

Yep, which is why health care facilities have policies and procedures governing staff treatment of family members or close personal friends - Grey's Anatomy notwithstanding. :)

While I realize that she's young and inexperienced, at the very least she should've made an effort to take a bit of command. Victoria had just passed out .  I would've expected her to have taken a similar role to what Derrick had taken ("stay with me" "keep talking" etc).  That being said, props to Derrick.  You really got a sense of how good of a cop he is: very calm, very controlled, very specific in his commands. 

Edited by HistoryGirl
  • Love 6
While I realize that she's young and inexperienced, at the very least she should've made an effort to take a bit of command. Victoria had just passed out .

Nope.That's not how it works. School doesn't give you the experience with real-life emergencies that makes you simply react appropriately without thinking about it. I was a nurse for about a year before that instinct started to kick in. Until you gain that real world experience, many don't have the confidence to step up. There's nothing wrong with the way Nicole reacted.

Edited by Pixel
  • Love 8

Oh God, that "play" was atrocious. But I did appreciate that shot of Frankie in the DR applying his makeup and diva-ing out while badmouthing Donny. He wasn't looking into the camera, so I feel like that was pre-actual DR session and the producers just aired it anyway because they knew we'd eat it up. It's nice to see that production seems to be off the Frankie train that America never really got on in the first place.

Christine knew that it was time for BB to do the stay/fold counting challenge, because this is when that challenge is the most useful. It's the easiest comp for an alliance to gang up on someone to get them out. When Donny accidentally won that one round, I had hopes he might actually pull it off, but then he seemed to not actually understand how the rules worked because he kept folding and Cody kept winning. When he and Nicole both folded on the last round, I wondered if either of them understood how to play this particular game.

Without any major shifts in power and with unanimous votes for pretty much every eviction, this is turning out to be one of the most boring seasons ever. I know they can't really tell when they're casting how things are going to shake down, but I would appreciate a little more production interference when things get this one-sided. They have to know it doesn't make for good TV!

• Love 1

JudyObscure: "Caleb mentioned, "Rainman," so I think he was going for Autistic or Savant.  I only wish.  If Donny had any of Rainman's skills he would have aced that counting comp."

What killed me is that Donny was SO close in  his answers---I just couldn't understand why he chose to "Fold" when he should have "Stayed". Lack of confidence in his answers is all I could figure, but it still made me feel lousy to see him lose like that (especially when Cody won---ugh!!!).

Edited by Kittykatkins
  • Love 1
Also Amanda was so grateful to the other houseguests for helping her, I didn't really see anything close in Victoria's diary room.

I'm not really surprised, seeing as only four people seemed to actually care about Victoria's well being (Caleb unsurprisingly enough as he did help Jocasta when she was sick, Derrick, Nicole and Donny). Christine and Frankie's DRs indicated that they couldn't care less (and Christine was more concerned about comforting Derrick after taking Victoria to DR, as she was rubbing her hand on his back) about Victoria and who the hell knows what Cody is thinking.

I only skimmed the episode online right now, but I love how Frankie's getting the worst edit ever. Production actually doesn't seem to care about him being a Grande because they've basically shown him to be a selfish little brat, with his unscripted DR when he was powdering his face, his DR about Victoria only being a vote and basically everything else. They're showing Derrick in a better light than Frankie and honestly? I love it. There's no way he's winning now, and hopefully he doesn't win Fan Favourite. Production seems to be on board with the majority of us for 'Who Gives a Damn about Ariana Grande's Brother' train.

Also I wonder why Derrick was the first person Nicole called for of all the guys to help her? Is her spidey sense tingling and is her conscience telling her that he's not a parks guy?

I think it's more because Nicole knew Derrick was just in the kitchen and she needed help in lifting her. I don't mind that Nicole froze a bit. It's been a few months since she's done any practising and like she said, it's different when it's somebody that you actually know that needs help. I'd probably freeze too. 

I barely skimmed the veto competition but I did laugh at Frankie getting out quite quickly. Like, idiot, don't be so cocky next time. 

That play was ridiculous. Donny and Derrick's impressions were great, but Derrick's gonna be after Frankie when they don't win the money. 

At this point, I don't mind if Derrick wins because he has been playing the best game. I wish it could be Donny or Nicole, but I don't think it will be.

• Love 2

I honestly think I would watch a reality show starring Caleb.  They could follow him around as he tells stories, self-aggrandizes, and demonstrates martial arts.  As long as they can suppress his stalker tendencies, I think the show would be a hit.

Well, there was that show called "An Idiot Abroad".  :)  Should have starred Caleb! 

• Love 3

Speaking of Caleb, I guess he also got it right when he was talking about Donny being a Special Forces genius, and he said, "It's not gangrene." Now, I feel confident that Donny, in fact, does not have gangrene. However, I feel equally confident that Caleb was using that word but did not know what it means. What I have absolutely no clue about is what the hell Caleb was actually trying to say. Does anyone have any ideas?

Someone on Jokers said maybe he was referring to Agent Orange.  It's as good a guess as anything else, considering we're talking about Caleb here.  Who knows what goes on in that empty little head of his.

• Love 3

Christine knew that it was time for BB to do the stay/fold counting challenge, because this is when that challenge is the most useful. It's the easiest comp for an alliance to gang up on someone to get them out. When Donny accidentally won that one round, I had hopes he might actually pull it off, but then he seemed to not actually understand how the rules worked because he kept folding and Cody kept winning. When he and Nicole both folded on the last round, I wondered if either of them understood how to play this particular game.

They were at a big disadvantage, though, given that they were each on their own, trying to calculate how close they were to actually having the answer, and the rest of the bunch didn't have to think about that at all. Once Cody won his first round, all they had to do is remember which side "Fold" was on.

Now I must pause for a minute to laugh hysterically at the memory of knocking himself out in the first round.

Could Caleb have meant Green Beret when he said gangrene?

That's better than anything I could come up with. At least it starts with a G, and has the long e sound in it.

• Love 2

When [Donny] and Nicole both folded on the last round [of the Veto], I wondered if either of them understood how to play this particular game.

Which is ironic, as they're both supposed "Super Fans", whereas Cody was recruited for his underwear-model body, not his familiarity with the game.  By the way, I didn't know about the "Super Fans vs. Recruits" concept that was apparently mostly abandoned after casting (no actual "teams" were used in the early weeks, despite pre-show speculation about this), nor did I know that when we see the pairs of HGs in the opening credits, the first one is always supposed to be the "recruit" whereas the second is the "fan".  

(That's why the first "pairing" in the credits is Amber and her model body followed by Zach the Fan, Paola the Maxim girl followed by Donny the Fan, Devin the Recruited ex-Jock followed by Nicole the Fan, and so on.  Weirdly, the only pairing that varies from this is the Jocasta/Cody one, where he gets the second billing, even though she was the one who came through the application process.  And they did fudge a little, putting Hayden [who hadn't seen the show but did a thorough crash course after being recruited] with the "fans" and Victoria [presumably originally counted as a "fan" because of her familiarity with BBIsrael, and because they wanted a 4-4 gender split in each group] now in the "newbie" slot with Frankie the AMAZING WONDERFUL FAN in their credits shot, but that's still more thought put into the new credits than I'd given the show, um, credit for.)

So, looked at from this perspective, it's perhaps not that surprising that four of the first five evictees were the "hot girl" recruits, with Christine using the "we're REAL people" argument to turn Chunky Thighs Nicole against Joey and Her Cute Booty/Paola and Her Maxim girl Implants/Brittany the Hot Mom We Found in a Bar/Amber the Semi-Nude Model, and (including Devin) leaving the "Fans" with an 8-3 advantage at Jury, before they started cannibalizing themselves over the last five evictions (including this one).  

But they've made for a spectacularly boring game, "fans" or not.  I mean, we're talking BB12 levels of tedium here, IMO.  (Without the benefit of Brenchel's arguments, Britney's DRs, or the MiMo-influenced set.)  And I think it's ironic, looking back, that in Episode 1, it was "recruits" Joey/Paola/Amber who were all psyched about the "El Cuatro" girls' alliance, whereas SuperFan Nicole was the one demurring.  Way to get steamrolled, yah Froot-Loop dingus, yah.  Sigh.

• Love 1

Or Gang Green (NY Jets fans.)

Someone on Jokers said maybe he was referring to Agent Orange.

Hopefully the next HOH doesn't have to do with naming colors.

• Love 1

Tempting... but I think he had moved on from his "Donny Thompson: Super Soldier" theory to his "Donny Thompson: Super Savant" theory, so I believe he was trying to describe some sort of medical or psychological disorder. Of course, Inspector Caleb flits around between theories like a moth in a room full of candles, so he could've jumped back. Swear to god, this boy's train of thought derails so quick you'd swear Spencer Clawson was the conductor.

Someone on Jokers said maybe he was referring to Agent Orange. It's as good a guess as anything else, considering we're talking about Caleb here. Who knows what goes on in that empty little head of his.

Well, they both have two Gs, so that might make sense in CalebLand. Best guess I've heard so far.

ETD: factual error on my part.

Edited by Nashville
  • Love 1

Nicole cracked like an egg, friend or not I would've thought she'd have it more together but she looked as lost as the houseguests who didn't have medical training. Derrick meanwhile seemed to be the most prepared and calm under stress.

I won't reiterate what others have said about just graduating from nursing school......the girl has not eaten in days.  She is on slop and hates the tofu.  It looked like she had a tough time getting down off that platform.

Frankie looks older each week I see him.  I swear he looks like he is his 40s now.  Someone should have told him years ago that the more makeup you wear when you are young the older your skin looks as you age.  He has more wrinkles than I do and I am 20 years older than him.  By the end of this show he will be a complete has been.

Donny retrieved the AT card this time.  Something tells me he was told to push the "save Donny" plan in the DR.

Cody is an idiot!  Plain and simple, an idiot.  Glad to see they are going after Christine.  What a waste of a slot she is.

• Love 3
Frankie looks older each week I see him.  I swear he looks like he is his 40s now.  Someone should have told him years ago that the more makeup you wear when you are young the older your skin looks as you age.

Oh my gosh, he totally does. He looks awful. When his hair is showing, it tricks you into thinking he looks a bit more youthful. But I saw this snippet of him with a hat on and his face wasn't "on" - he looked 40 easily. 

• Love 2

At this point I just have zero sympathy for either Donny or Nicole. I don't want to live in a world where Frankie is right about anything, but they were both idiots to fold on that last question when they knew Cody had two passes. They had nothing to lose and apparently just didn't understand how the game worked.

I'm also very put off by Donny playing the victim card. He said repeatedly "I haven't done nothing to anyone in this house and they've been targeting me for weeks." Again, it's as though he's never seen this show before, despite claiming to be a fan of it. He had to know he would be odd man out the first day he walked into that house. If he didn't know he was being cast as the token rube/old person I don't know what kind of show he thought he was going on. 

I can't bring myself to feel sorry for anyone who goes on Big Brother in the first place, but there have been times when certain HGs were unfairly bullied, and this isn't one of them. Nobody in that house has been anything but nice to Donny (even if they say stuff behind his back), and everyone walks out of there saying how much they love him. His "woe is me" shtick has worn out its welcome.

I don't know, I myself have just never found Donny all that endearing to begin with. There are people I hate more than him I guess, but I don't feel sorry for him.

• Love 6

I can take Frankie or leave him but I agreed with him that America probably has zero interest overall in the three of them getting deeper in the game, as a 'challenge' worth $5k each.  That to me was clearly Donny trying to parlay anything he could into another week in the house.  I thought the impersonations were funny and just wish they'd done each other, too.  

Nicole did the right thing in just calling for help. There was an actual medic just outside the door apparently.  She's not a dentist or an EMT, why should she try to do anything herself besides call for help.  

I think Donny knows full well it's how the game works but also knows that he's being paid to sit in the DR and read the cue cards and look like Forest Gump.  And the cards said, "Why are they targeting me???"  

Edited by Guest
Someone should have told him years ago that the more makeup you wear when you are young the older your skin looks as you age.

Not if you use Bare Minerals! You're welcome for the PSA.

• Love 2

He had just mentioned Rainman, so I assumed he was trying to say something like "Idiot Savant". 

Victoria was lucky that she passed out with two medically trained people in the house. It was super interesting to see how differently Nicole (the nurse) and Derrick (the cop) acted under pressure. Nicole cracked like an egg, friend or not I would've thought she'd have it more together but she looked as lost as the houseguests who didn't have medical training. Derrick meanwhile seemed to be the most prepared and calm under stress. He moved into police-mode Derrick without missing a beat. It was kind of awesome to watch. Also I wonder why Derrick was the first person Nicole called for of all the guys to help her? Is her spidey sense tingling and is her conscience telling her that he's not a parks guy?

Nicole is young enough to be a relatively new nurse, and she's right, it's completely different when it's someone you have a personal connection with. It's why I have no problem with being in OR and watching surgeries, but can't do it when it's my mom or best friend. Also, there are a lot of avenues of nursing and if she's not ER or critical care, I'm not surprised she froze.

I don't think Nichole did too poorly.  She's new to nursing and may have never experienced an emergency situation.  In those moments, there is an adrenaline rush that some people thrive on (EMT, Fireman, Cop), and others find uncomfortable.  I'm a critical care nurse and function great in that environment.  I would be lost in the ER.  I've seen doctors and nurses practicing where emergencies are rare (Surgery) fall apart in a medical emergency.

I think Derrick has a natural authority about him.  It's not only his age, but his calm temperament that gives him that authority.  They don't know he's a cop, but they still respond to that.

I would be tempted to think Victoria was exaggerating, except for the fact that she was clammy.  She most likely experienced a vasovagal response (most common reason for fainting).  That just means that her heart rate suddenly dropped.  It made her nauseated - why she rushed to the bathroom - and then she passed out due to low heart rate.  Treatment is typically lay flat - which happens naturally when people faint.

That said,  Frankie's  "show," was the worst.  It's sad that what he  considers his great talent is so bad.  You're no Nathan Lane, Frankie.  You're not even Wil Heuser.  Not even close.

Frankie really is just too much.  I wonder if he was raised in the same home as Arianna.  His constant demanding of attention would make it unlikely that a younger sibling would get the attention required to become a celebrity.  Conversely, maybe all the attention was focused on precious Arianna, and Frankie developed this personality for attention.

Nope.That's not how it works. School doesn't give you the experience with real-life emergencies that makes you simply react appropriately without thinking about it. I was a nurse for about a year before that instinct started to kick in. Until you gain that real world experience, many don't have the confidence to step up. There's nothing wrong with the way Nicole reacted.

I think Nichole did fine.  She responded immediately to the thumping sound, ascertained that Victoria was in trouble, and yelled for help.  Derrick has a natural authority, and I think Nichole stepped back in reaction to it.  If Derrick wasn't present, Nichole would have possibly been more active.  I was impressed by Caleb.  For all his craziness, he is emotional about these things.

• Love 4

I only skimmed the episode online right now, but I love how Frankie's getting the worst edit ever. Production actually doesn't seem to care about him being a Grande because they've basically shown him to be a selfish little brat, with his unscripted DR when he was powdering his face, his DR about Victoria only being a vote and basically everything else.

Whatever the producers were hoping would come of casting Ariana's brother clearly isn't going to happen. It probably doesn't help that she made a live appearance last night on America's Got Talent over on NBC (i.e. the competition).

The only thing more hilarious than Donny's impersonation of Devin (which was so spot on I actually thought he might have caught Genius Gangrene) was Cody pretending he was going to make any kind of move with that PoV.

Was he? All I saw was Cody's beginning DR where all of the big talk from last time was already out the window and he was saying that he hoped the nominees stayed the same so he wouldn't have to choose. However, everything was so predictable, I wasn't watching closely.

It looks like they didn't assess her vital signs until they entered the DR.  They didn't know what was wrong when they arrived on the site.  Oxygen is a common treatment in emergencies.  I wouldn't be surprised if they gave her IV fluids while she was in the DR.  She was only gone a couple of hours (I think), which isn't enough time to go to an ER and receive treatment. 

• Love 1

Donny and Nicole were scared to lose, thus they folded and probably, as they weren't working together, hoped the other would stay.  Donny and Nicole needed to have made up a system in advance to cough to let the other know what they were doing.  Yes, cheating, same as the detonators planning in advance to rig the game.  Frankie was designated by the Detonators to win, as he was "the numbers guy."  He went out the first round and it didn't matter.  They plan and connive badly, and due to their numbers and the double HOH, their misplays never harm them. 

Donny and Nicole were playing not to lose and couldn't make any mistakes, whereas Frankie, Derrick, Christine, Cody could play to win and lie down for each other.  If Cody was knocked out then another Detonator would step in and stop folding.  Not really as simple for those playing for their lives, as those not in the same situation.  To win you need to be bold but being bold can get you knocked out, thus a more cowardly play that ends up in defeat anyway.

I hate Frankie and hate that everything works out his way.  Awful, vile, vain, arrogant, fake, talentless, attention whore, self-satisfied, delusional human being.  Right up there with Mike Boogie.  Frankie makes me dislike his sister by proxy.   You so know he is going to make a "career" out of being "Frankie from Big Brother."  He will be the one to get jobs and attention because he will be viewed as fun-loving Ariana Grande's brother by people who didn't watch the show and know what he is really like.

I hate the way the Detonators (especially Caleb) villainize the opposition--how dare they try to turn us against each other, how dare they whisper, how dare they try to form alliances.  Smug jerks.

Edited by Bazinga
  • Love 4

Donny and Nicole were playing not to lose and couldn't make any mistakes, whereas Frankie, Derrick, Christine, Cody could play to win and lie down for each other.

Yes, but…that being said ™, Donny's "reasoning" that he gave for folding in his DR about the final round made no sense.   He knew Nicole's guess was higher than his and Cody's was lower, and he thought they were both going to stay.  That's the safest possible time to stay, because "bracketed" like that, there's no way you can be the farthest one from the correct answer and get eliminated.  And there's a decent chance you can get the point, since your guess is in the middle of the extremes.

Plus, he should have been able to tell that Cody was going to stay (the strategy was pretty obvious) and the others are going to fold.  So it's down to two scenarios:

a)  If Nicole stays, I'm totally safe no matter what the answer is.  Might as well stay and try to get my second card.

b)  If Nicole folds, I have to stay, or Cody will win the Veto no matter what the answer is.  Have to stay and hope I'm right.

Just bad game play, IMO.

• Love 3

I have no idea what Victoria's actual issue was.  My wisdom teeth and I thought everyone's just came in quietly and painlessly, like other teeth (past age 2).  I know for some the removal is painful but swelling up from them coming through her gums?  

Maybe she had an infection but I think that'd typically affect one socket only.  I had that, it was really freakin painful.  

http://www.webmd.com/oral-health/guide/pericoronitis

Yes, but…that being said ™, Donny's "reasoning" that he gave for folding in his DR about the final round made no sense

I don't think he was really thinknig through the game. Knowing he was between two others, he should have stayed. And then, as Frankie pointed out (though I bet he was told to point it out) when someone is about to win the final point- you have to stay, yet everyone folded and handed Cody the game. 

My wisdom teeth came in like there were boulders erupting through my jaw. I've never been in that much pain, including childbirth. I had to have oral surgery with general anesthesia to get them out and was out of work for a week recuperating.

So that was the one and only time I felt for Victoria, whose Amber "impression" made me want to punch her swollen jaw.

• Love 2

I asked my friend who's a 4th year dental student and she said that while everyone is different when it comes to wisdom teeth coming in, Victoria's reaction was unusual (In fact her actual statement after seeing the episode was "I don't know what her problem was!" LOL).  She said that while it would/could be painful for the wisdom teeth coming in, it wouldn't cause the facial swelling. The facial swelling was probably caused by infection and they likely gave her antibiotics to help her out. (She also said that an infection could similarly cause her to pass out and be feverish)  She said categorically that the antibiotics won't help for very long and that the swelling will return, she needs to have the teeth out. 

When I commented that she had infection on both sides, my friend said that with the open gums it can spread quickly especially if Victoria doesn't have good oral hygiene.  Someone needs to floss and brush better! 

Edited by HistoryGirl

I have no idea what Victoria's actual issue was.  My wisdom teeth and I thought everyone's just came in quietly and painlessly, like other teeth (past age 2).  I know for some the removal is painful but swelling up from them coming through her gums?  

Maybe she had an infection but I think that'd typically affect one socket only.  I had that, it was really freakin painful.  

Mine would try to erupt for a few days every couple of months. There was some swelling, but rarely anything that could be noticed. However, it did hurt. The worst part, though, is that I wanted to gnaw on everything in sight, like a teething baby. If Victoria's gums were infected, she did herself more harm by not eating and not drinking, like the ninny she is.