Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E09: Romeo and Juliet Didn’t Work Out

• Start Topic

Introductions to friends and family continue. With just a week until weddings, the soon-to-be spouses go shopping — but one person shockingly opts out

Original airdate 4/7/23

Wait... are you kidding me right now?  Jackie?  GTFOH!

Also, was there not another time of the day she could have met up with Josh?  It had to be during the wedding dress fitting?  Either that is producer shenanigans or it is a cool "fuck you" to the process and to Marshall.

Brett's friends are cool.  Brett is cool.  And I love that Tiffany asking if Marshall was at the fitting becaue Jackie wasn't there to pick out bridesmaid stuff prompted him to talk to Marshall.  Good looking out bro!  I feel bad for Marshall.  He's all excited and she's not even there. 

Chelsea is coming off a bit clingy and desperate.  I really liked her but she is dropping in my estimation.  I can see how Kwame is feeling smothered, she doesn't seem to hear him sometimes. Also, it was giving her cringe with her reciting his resume to her family.  Felt like she had to prove his respectability.

I speculated in previous ep thread that Bliss might have scared Zack off because of her comment that her family wouldn't like him and he basically validated that speculation. And it is because he was rejected for his humble beginnings.  Interesting that Brett said the same thing, about being a child of 'generational poverty' and how he's battled his way out of it but women he's dated has judged his family because of it and Tiffany was accepting.  Makes me wonder how Irina's family and background was so that Zach felt she'd be more a fit.

I counted, Micah said "like"  21 times in her conversation with Paul.

• Like 14

Are you ok?

Do I look ok?? Do I sound ok??

Then when he brings it up, "well, I'm just a  straightforward person!" Um no, that's the opposite of straightforward. That's you expecting him to read your mind 🙄

I feel very bad for Marshall because he is such a nice guy but, I wish they weren't taking a Jackie is the villain route with the editing. She's not into him, what's she supposed to do, fake it? And obviously she met Josh either at a different time then the wedding dress meet and they edited it to look like it was the same time or, they told her she had to meet him at that specific time to create drama.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, Samwise979 said:

Are you ok?

Do I look ok?? Do I sound ok??

Then when he brings it up, "well, I'm just a  straightforward person!" Um no, that's the opposite of straightforward. That's you expecting him to read your mind 🙄

I feel very bad for Marshall because he is such a nice guy but, I wish they weren't taking a Jackie is the villain route with the editing. She's not into him, what's she supposed to do, fake it? And obviously she met Josh either at a different time then the wedding dress meet and they edited it to look like it was the same time or, they told her she had to meet him at that specific time to create drama.

Jackie IS the villain!!  She should never agreed to be engaged.  SHE REFUSES to give the ring back!  She is trashy!  Marshall is too good for her.

Chelsea is TOO good for Kwame.  

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
3 hours ago, Samwise979 said:

I wish they weren't taking a Jackie is the villain route with the editing. She's not into him, what's she supposed to do, fake it? And obviously she met Josh either at a different time then the wedding dress meet and they edited it to look like it was the same time or, they told her she had to meet him at that specific time to create drama.

I think Jackie's the villain because Jackie clearly didn't tell Marshall that she had no plans to go to the fitting.  If she's not into him, she should break up and off the show but she's not doing that. 

Chelsea's aunt's house is gorgeous.  Or production splurged on a nice VRBO if that's what they did (because I know that's sometimes what they do.)  The harp joke made me think it might have been because it definitely feels like the sort of random object you'd get in a VRBO that'd you'd laugh at. 

Things were definitely tense between Kwame and Chelsea.  He looked more at east with her mother. 

4 hours ago, DearEvette said:

Interesting that Brett said the same thing, about being a child of 'generational poverty' and how he's battled his way out of it but women he's dated has judged his family because of it and Tiffany was accepting.

I thought the same thing when Brett was sharing his story. 

Does anyone know what a "client recruiter" is?  That's what Tiffany does but is that just like a sales person or someone who goes out and gets leads for sales people?

• Like 2
14 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I think Jackie's the villain because Jackie clearly didn't tell Marshall that she had no plans to go to the fitting.  If she's not into him, she should break up and off the show but she's not doing that. 

Chelsea's aunt's house is gorgeous.  Or production splurged on a nice VRBO if that's what they did (because I know that's sometimes what they do.)  The harp joke made me think it might have been because it definitely feels like the sort of random object you'd get in a VRBO that'd you'd laugh at. 

Things were definitely tense between Kwame and Chelsea.  He looked more at east with her mother. 

I thought the same thing when Brett was sharing his story. 

Does anyone know what a "client recruiter" is?  That's what Tiffany does but is that just like a sales person or someone who goes out and gets leads for sales people?

LOL  I don't know why i read it as 'talent recruiter'!

Jackie was out of her league with Marshall.  She is too ghetto....more in line with josh

I remember when she and Marshall were in the kitchen talking and she slurred the word 'nothing' into 'nutin' and Marshall said 'NOTHING' and it went right over her head.  She and Josh deserve each other ...NASTY!

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
On 4/7/2023 at 6:10 PM, DearEvette said:

I counted, Micah said "like"  21 times in her conversation with Paul.

Thank you for taking one for the team and counting. I know it’s been mentioned in previous episode threads, but it’s really obvious when the cc’s are on. And, Paul seems to be picking up the habit as well. Or has he been doing it all along? Not as much as Micah, but definitely more than 1/40th as much! 😉

• Like 2
On 4/12/2023 at 5:07 PM, SoMuchTV said:

Thank you for taking one for the team and counting. I know it’s been mentioned in previous episode threads, but it’s really obvious when the cc’s are on. And, Paul seems to be picking up the habit as well. Or has he been doing it all along? Not as much as Micah, but definitely more than 1/40th as much! 😉

I NOTICED THAT TOO

Oh lawd. Marshall is so mature at 26?!?!! PLEASE!!! I get where she's coming from when he asked what she needs from him. When you don't know, you can't say. She's an inexperienced 26. But just acting bothered & saying she's tired isn't right. Be happy he actually cares to know & meet them & say you'll give it some thought to discuss later... PLEASE don't tell me she's meeting with Josh instead of dress shopping!!! 😱😬😐

WHY DID KWAME WAIT UNTIL THEY WERE SHOPPING TO ADDRESS WHAT SHE SAID THAT MORNING?!! Why not address it right then? What happened after??? Seems like he waited until he was on camera to address it. The timing was later than it should've been. She'd already forgotten what she said or said she forgot. She didn't say it was wrong or what she should do next time, so it wasn't even productive.

Zack is ridiculous. Romeo & Juliet is a made up story. That's like a woman looking to Disney movies as an example of how guys should save us & we live "happily ever after." 🤣