Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: The Rapture of Being Alive

jenrising
  • Start Topic

Young Mazino is doing great work as Paul. But wow, I can see how much stress Paul's adding to Danny's life. And David Choe is solid as hell as Isaac. I've only ever seen him as himself, a guest on documentary shows, because this is his first major acting role, but Isaac certainly seems like a David Choe-ish character.

George, meanwhile, is ... like, I can see why a younger Amy would be attracted to him. But for all that he's making some mature decisions like keeping the gun away from Amy or trying to not get mad about slights, I can also see why he's doing nothing but aggravating Amy right now.

Jordan is just awful. Even in a show where most of the people are unpleasant, she's a notch above.

• Like 3
6 hours ago, arc said:

And David Choe is solid as hell as Isaac.

I love Isaac. He's as annoying as Paul in his own way, but I feel like he's the only character who is just find with who he is.

6 hours ago, arc said:

Jordan is just awful. Even in a show where most of the people are unpleasant, she's a notch above.

Maria Bello must have had a blast playing Jordan. She really nailed the obliviousness of a particular type of wealthy white lady.

• Like 5
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I love Isaac. He's as annoying as Paul in his own way, but I feel like he's the only character who is just find with who he is.

I feel like George is also fine with who he is, or at least has never had to really think about it.

Maybe it's because I just finished watching Succession, but I really am not enjoying this show with a full cast of horrible characters.  I've watched two episodes, and don't know if I can deal with more.  I think I need to switch to something light and fluffy, and maybe come back to this later.  Without getting into spoilers, does this get better in that regard?  Or is it like Succession where the characters are made for you to hate? 

On 6/9/2023 at 6:37 AM, chaifan said:

Maybe it's because I just finished watching Succession, but I really am not enjoying this show with a full cast of horrible characters.  I've watched two episodes, and don't know if I can deal with more.  I think I need to switch to something light and fluffy, and maybe come back to this later.  Without getting into spoilers, does this get better in that regard?  Or is it like Succession where the characters are made for you to hate? 

It never turns into a sitcom.