Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: The Birds Don't Sing, They Screech in Pain

jenrising
  • Start Topic

Lotta table setting in this episode. I think I was anticipating something more like a traditional pilot for an open-ended show, not a miniseries.

I liked how squeezed Danny and Amy both are in life, even if Amy is considerably more successful right now. The Forsters CEO relative to Amy shows how when you get to the top of whatever ladder you're climbing, you just find another ladder.

Did Danny really plunk $20K down on crypto? And then lose nearly 90% of it in a few days? Oooooof.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)

Danny should’ve turned off the carbon monoxide alarm. It would’ve made his attempt to off himself more peaceful and thus resulted in success. 😂 

Can’t believe Amy let some random in her house just because he was claiming to be a handyman. 

I can understand why Danny is so pressed to the point that he’d let his rage get out of control. Not so much with Amy. I get she’s stressed about home life and work but I don’t get why she’d take things to the extreme especially after getting him back for the peeing incident. 

Edited by Enero
  • Like 2

Maybe this comes off as shallow but one of my first observations about this show is - what a good looking cast! Just to name a few, the actors playing Paul, Edwin, George, Naomi, Veronica's friend with the plumbing issue, etc.

• Like 5

what a good looking cast!

I'm swimming in the shallow pool as well. Very attractive cast - all of them. And not in a polished, cosmetic surgery Hollywood way.

I believe that is Alain Delon in your avatar?

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Enero said:

Can’t believe Amy let some random in her house just because he was claiming to be a handyman. 

I know. That was ridiculous, but with a show like this, you have to hand wave some of the actions for the plot points to work.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I know. That was ridiculous, but with a show like this, you have to hand wave some of the actions for the plot points to work.

I agree, but I could imagine she thought she had the gun close at hand so she felt safe enough.

btw, pre-release news stories had mentioned the gun masturbation scene and I was annoyed they mentioned some crazy thing that would presumably happen late in the series as the protagonists spiraled, but nope, it was the first episode.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, slasherboy said:

How did Daniel find out Amy was the road rage person? 

I’m not positive if this was in the first episode, but didn’t he

Spoiler

get the plate number and pay to get the name/address? Then he assumed it was the “man of the house”?

17 minutes ago, SoMuchTV said:

I’m not positive if this was in the first episode, but didn’t he

Hide contents

get the plate number and pay to get the name/address? Then he assumed it was the “man of the house”?

Thank you. Yes, that makes sense

On 4/12/2023 at 5:19 PM, SoWindsor said:

Does Danny remind anyone else of Jesse Pinkman? I get such Jesse vibes from him. Like he's a good person but he keeps fucking up and doing bad things.

It's his voice. He code-switches a bit, you can hear the difference in his inflection when he talks to his bosses versus when he's threatening or yelling at someone. I couldn't un-hear Pinkman once I picked up on it.