Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E03: Human Capital

• Start Topic

Tariq and the rest of the team must find a way to get the product flowing at an even bigger scale. Tensions rise amongst the Tejadas when Lorenzo backs Cane's plan. Saxe digs into the Theo Rollins case.

Air date: March 31, 2023

Tariq believes Tasha was the "mastermind" behind Ghost's and Tommy's organization, Ghost messed it all up and he is smarter than Ghost???!!!! My goodness!

The more Salim appears, the more I don't trust him. 

Does Lorenzo believe allowing himself to be beaten and letting Cane boss him around is part of some long run plan to protect his family. Right now, I don't see it.

Diana and Dru didn't bother ask him how his face was bruise or who did it?

How many times do we need to see "Grinder" messages to Dru???!!! We got it after the 4th time. Please stop!

I noticed Obi (Noma's right hand) didn't show any pictures to Effie. The killing of the other 3 is her motivation. It suggests the show still have not decided on a backstory for her character. Trying to keep her mysterious.

Isn't Brayden banned from campus? He just shows up at Stanfield anytime he wants. Campus security is terrible.

In Brayden's confession to being a dealer, wouldn't he have told the police about the roof lockers? Makes no sense why they are still there. 

Whitman is in the running for "the dumbest law enforcement officer" out of all Power shows. This guy tries to bully Monet every time and he has no clue to try different tactics. Then makes an ass of himself to Blanca and Jenny.

Whitman has all these pictures, times of missing people seen around Monet's bar, and he can't build a case just from that?

Even if Davis was 21 at the time and didn't know better, his family still didn't have to sign that deal for Theo. I guess they couldn't afford a top-notch lawyer.

"You got a mouth on you....and you are not going anywhere near his ass". That line didn't sound right from Davis.

Uncle Frank is Lorenzo's brother. You would think the families would have been dealing together a long time ago. They act like they just met.

Cane had to ask which one voted "No". They were standing not too far from him to overhear the conversation. And if he finds out, is he going to give the guy an ass whipping?

Once again, in this "Big Rich Town", what a coincidence Gordo (Sp) is the one Dru is connected to on the dating website.

Why is the elimination of one Russian dealer the grounds to find a new connect?  They should be able to deal with the next Russian in line.

I hope that wasn't Brayden's car left at the murder scene. It would be so easy for the NYPD to track him. But (for some reason) word immediately spread on the street the shooter was black and no mention of a second person.

Tariq: "Can I ask you a question?"
RSJ: "You just did."

Of course, RSJ has to take time to talk to Tariq. Because he's The Great Tariq!!!!

Of course, Lord Tariq knows Italian. Not sure when he had time to practice. I don't think the Russians gave chase. Tariq could have saved money and gone to McDonald's.

Now with this brief meeting of the brilliant Tariq and "the soon to be ripped off by Tariq" RSJ, is next season setting up for Tariq to sell drugs globally. Wonderful!

RSJ should have been more nervous and in awe of Tariq's presence.

Uncle Weston, Brayden and Tariq arrived by helicopter!!!!!???? From the dialogue of Keke seeing Brayden and Tariq there, it seems Keke arrived by cab or subway. I'm curious of her level at Weston Holdings where she can tell the uncle what he should do as far as clients/business.

When did it become public knowledge Monet is Zeke's mother? Did Diana talk to TMZ?

Those cups don't look reliable to hold drugs. Seems easy for it to fall out the bottom.

Damn! Tariq really wanted that internship with Tate, he lashed out at Brushaudria. She did put him in his place.

What was Jenny's and Blanca's plan by going to Tate? He didn't seem rattled by their questions and didn't react foolishly.

Tate took Brayden's big "contribution" and immediately puts Blanca and Jenny on his tail. A true politician.

"Get your ass down here White Boy" and Brayden knew exactly where to go from that non-descriptive text. Impressive.  

Was Cane hiding under one of the rocks as Brayden walked by to sit on the bench? He snuck up behind him really quick.

So far, the show repeats Cane telling Brayden "he killed Lauren". Are they setting up Cane will find out she is alive and kill Brayden or maybe Brayden will have to overcome his fear and kill someone. Didn't Brayden kill a shop owner last season when he was with Cane?

What happened to Redman that the role of Theo was recast?

Saxe is going to get caught soon if he keeps calling Monet.

Edited by mxc90
12 hours ago, mxc90 said:

I noticed Obi (Noma's right hand) didn't show any pictures to Effie. The killing of the other 3 is her motivation. It suggests the show still have not decided on a backstory for her character. Trying to keep her mysterious.

It's because she's an orphan and the only other people in her life are those 3.

Uncle Frank is Lorenzo's brother. You would think the families would have been dealing together a long time ago. They act like they just met.

Once again, in this "Big Rich Town", what a coincidence Gordo (Sp) is the one Dru is connected to on the dating website.

I didn't realize that they were actual family. and if that's the case, wouldn't that make Dru and Gordo related? So what was up with all the sexy eyes between the two of them???

Dear Brayden, you don't try to have conversations with the person you've been tapped to assassinate unless you're trying to get information first. What were you thinking???

Tariq wants him and Effy's relationship to be like Jamie's and Tasha's? Was he not paying attention to how that all worked out??? 

Tate when Blanca stole his cookie:

stankeye-ok.gif

• LOL 2
(edited)
13 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

It's because she's an orphan and the only other people in her life are those 3.

Noma's people are assuming Effie has deep feelings for her co-workers. Effie can distance herself away from them quick.

They have to raise a million for Noma (or else death) and Effie is told Tariq she wants to sell a little for herself on Stansfield. Effie is for Effie.

13 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

I didn't realize that they were actual family. and if that's the case, wouldn't that make Dru and Gordo related? So what was up with all the sexy eyes between the two of them???

The mother's last name is Castillo and Frank is Tejada. Not sure why the kids are named after the mom.

Correction. Prior to this episode, I have seen two sites (Variety https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/power-book-2-ghost-luna-lauren-velez-season-3-1235240975/ and a Wiki page) mention Frank as Lorenzo's brother.

But there was dialogue in the first episode this season where Lorenzo told Franks's wife (Evelyn) "he considered Frank like a brother". Not a real brother.

Now I'm going with they aren't related. 

Edited by mxc90
  • Useful 1
(edited)

I watched this episode pretty early... but I just don't have much to say because this episode is really stupid.

On 4/1/2023 at 12:37 PM, mxc90 said:

The mother's last name is Castillo and Frank is Tejada. Not sure why the kids are named after the mom.

Correction. Prior to this episode, I have seen two sites (Variety https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/power-book-2-ghost-luna-lauren-velez-season-3-1235240975/ and a Wiki page) mention Frank as Lorenzo's brother.

But there was dialogue in the first episode this season where Lorenzo told Franks's wife (Evelyn) "he considered Frank like a brother". Not a real brother.

Now I'm going with they aren't related. 

From my understanding, the Tejadas are not related to Frank but Frank and Lorenzo were close so they considered each other family, like a Tommy and Ghost kinda thing.

On 3/31/2023 at 7:36 PM, mxc90 said:

Does Lorenzo believe allowing himself to be beaten and letting Cane boss him around is part of some long run plan to protect his family. Right now, I don't see it.

This is not making sense to me. They've built Lorenzo up to be this overwhelmingly prideful and stubborn person, and I don't buy that this person what let that happen, even with this secret hanging over his head, for any reason.

In Brayden's confession to being a dealer, wouldn't he have told the police about the roof lockers? Makes no sense why they are still there.

I guess they don't have cameras to the stairwell and don't keep the door to the roof locked... as any other campus would have done.

I think that you can craft a story about CourseCorrect that doesn't involve the rooftop lockers... but I would think that if you're going to confess to CourseCorrect being a drug front, you're probably thinking you won't use them again so why not admit it?

I would also assume that if the school knew about the rooftop lockers, the door to the rooftop would be locked with no access for students, and they would actually install cameras in that stairwell.

Whitman has all these pictures, times of missing people seen around Monet's bar, and he can't build a case just from that?

Is this the first time we've ever seen Monet's bar open? I feel like it is. 🤔

Even if Davis was 21 at the time and didn't know better, his family still didn't have to sign that deal for Theo. I guess they couldn't afford a top-notch lawyer.

Even many public defenders aren't that bad if the evidence suggests that it was impossible for him to have done it.

It seems Saxe wants to genuinely help Theo but I don't know if that also means him trying to take down Davis.

Cane had to ask which one voted "No". They were standing not too far from him to overhear the conversation. And if he finds out, is he going to give the guy an ass whipping?

In the same room; a group of people; not even five feet away; in a very quiet room...

omar-epps-yeah-right.gif

Of course, Lord Tariq knows Italian. Not sure when he had time to practice. I don't think the Russians gave chase. Tariq could have saved money and gone to McDonald's.

Well, we learned that Tariq spoke Italian in the original Power. He spoke it when Kanan took him to a meeting with Vincent.

I hope that wasn't Brayden's car left at the murder scene. It would be so easy for the NYPD to track him. But (for some reason) word immediately spread on the street the shooter was black and no mention of a second person.

I think Brayden drive's a Mercedes IIRC, the car that was blocking the Russians' car was not a Mercedes. Maybe a stolen car?

I'm curious of her level at Weston Holdings where she can tell the uncle what he should do as far as clients/business.

Well, a workplace should be open enough to inform a superior of a concern, especially, if one thinks it could harm the business.

It seems like their relationship is open enough where Keke knows she's a token black girl for this occasion, and Uncle Weston doesn't deny it. I feel like there is something more to their relationship.

Tate took Brayden's big "contribution" and immediately puts Blanca and Jenny on his tail. A true politician.

LOL

I wouldn't be mad if they pivoted Book 2 with Tate as the main character.

Was Cane hiding under one of the rocks as Brayden walked by to sit on the bench? He snuck up behind him really quick.

😂

What happened to Redman that the role of Theo was recast?

Damn. Redman was playing Theo, huh? I completely forgot.

Edited by AntFTW
11 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Noma's people are assuming Effie has deep feelings for her co-workers. Effie can distance herself away from them quick.

They have to raise a million for Noma (or else death) and Effie is told Tariq she wants to sell a little for herself on Stansfield. Effie is for Effie.

I think Effie does care for Tariq at least. I don't think she wants him dead or harmed. She could have just done her Stansfield hustle and told Tariq nothing, and if her drug front gets discovered, let everyone assume it's Brayden and Tariq again.

Isn't Brayden banned from campus? He just shows up at Stanfield anytime he wants. Campus security is terrible.

Well, I hear there are some buildings with his family's name on it so security may be lax on him.

(edited)
13 hours ago, AntFTW said:

This is not making sense to me. They've built Lorenzo up to be this overwhelming prideful and stubborn person, and I don't buy that this person what let that happen, even with this secret hanging over his head, for any reason.

Immediately, Diana and Dru sensed something is off with Lorenzo and Cane. Once Monet gets word/senses it too, the truth will come out. It's over for Lorenzo then. He is just delaying his doom.

I guess they don't have cameras to the stairwell and don't keep the door to the roof locked... as any other campus would have done.

I think that you can craft a sotry about CourseCorrect that doesn't involve the rooftop lockers... but I would think that if you're going to confess to CourseCorrect being a drug front, you're probably thinking you won't use them again so why not admit it?

I would also assume that if the school knew about the rooftop lockers, the door to the rooftop would be locked with no access for students, and they would actually install cameras in that stairwell.

in order to get the deal, I thought the DA/NYPD/ campus would want details of his entire operation. The main questions: Who were his suppliers and how he distributed on campus. 

So Brayden is stopped but the operation continues under a different name. That school is terrible.

Is this the first time we've ever seen Monet's bar open? I feel like it is.

I think it was the Grand Opening and Zeke's retired jersey unveiling to the two people there. 

Even many public defenders aren't that bad if the evidence suggests that it was impossible for him to have done it.

It seems Saxe wants to genuinely help Theo but I don't know if that also means him trying to take down Davis.

I guess if Theo was freed on height discrepancy back then. The focus would then go to Davis. So take the deal. IDK!

Saxe has to get Theo freed to gain Davis' confidence. Saxe needs to get his reward: Jenny in bed.

In the same room; a group of people; not even five feet away; in a very quiet room...

I was screaming they are right there.

And Cane is going to be petty, find out and kill that brother.

I think Brayden drive's a Mercedes IIRC, the car that was blocking the Russians' car was not a Mercedes. Maybe a stolen car?

What was their plan after the popping the Russian?!

Going back to the car was no good. As the they would have run into the two guys and gotten killed. Tariq should have been the one to watch and Effie should have had a getaway car ready on the other side. Oh! Just run into a restaurant.

They probably caught an uber or took the subway back home.

Well, a workplace should be open enough to inform a superior of a concern, especially, if one thinks it could harm the business.

It seems like their relationship is open enough where Keke knows she's a token black girl for this occasion, and Uncle Weston doesn't deny it. I feel like there is something more to their relationship.

Seems when Uncle Weston has his mind made up, it's final. He let her speak her peace and then dismissed her. 

She never detailed why taking RSJ's business was bad for Weston Holdings.

12 hours ago, AntFTW said:

I think Effie does care for Tariq at least. I don't think she wants him dead or harmed. She could have just done her Stansfield hustle and told Tariq nothing, and if her drug front gets discovered, let everyone assume it's Brayden and Tariq again.

True.

Not long ago, she was the one that got Tariq kicked out of Choate. Things have changed a little since then, but that Effie is still in there. 

Also, that other girl (Yoli) was on Effie's case for not already dealing at Stansfield. There is more to Effie than what we are told right now.

Edited by mxc90
  • Like 1
(edited)
6 hours ago, mxc90 said:

in order to get the deal, I thought the DA/NYPD/ campus would want details of his entire operation. The main questions: Who were his suppliers and how he distributed on campus. 

So Brayden is stopped but the operation continues under a different name. That school is terrible.

I'm going off of memory but the charge was for killing that professor that was writing about Tariq, not the drug operation. The thoery was that Tariq killed that professor to hide his drug dealing because the professor was writing a book based on a drug dealing student.

I don't recall them getting into the operational details but just confirming that Tariq dealt drugs which served as motive to kill the professor. Brayden volunteered the info specifically on CourseCorrect in court and didn't go into many details about it from what they showed.

6 hours ago, mxc90 said:

I guess if Theo was freed on height discrepancy back then. The focus would then go to Davis. So take the deal. IDK!

Saxe has to get Theo freed to gain Davis' confidence. Saxe needs to get his reward: Jenny in bed.

If they get him out now, won't the focus just go back to Davis? or are they banking on Saxe being able to find some other way to free Theo without discrediting the evidence?

6 hours ago, mxc90 said:

What was their plan after the popping the Russian?!

Going back to the car was no good. As the they would have run into the two guys and gotten killed. Tariq should have been the one to watch and Effie should have had a getaway car ready on the other side. Oh! Just run into a restaurant.

They probably caught an uber or took the subway back home.

I guess the plan was doing exactly what they did LOL

Just run and find some place to hide out a little bit.

I guess Cane is going to lose his shit when he finds out that Lauren is alive... and not only that Brayden botched the job, Effie also botched it.

6 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Seems when Uncle Weston has his mind made up, it's final. He let her speak her peace and then dismissed her. 

She never detailed why taking RSJ's business was bad for Weston Holdings.

I think she mentioned that if RSJ turned down the Westons, it could lead to other investors withdrawing their money from the Westons' firm.

I guess, as the audience, we're supposed to assume that this guy is such a prominent and revered person in the investment world or financial world that it carries some weight across the industry.

6 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Not long ago, she was the one that got Tariq kicked out of Choate. Things have changed a little since then, but that Effie is still in there. 

Also, that other girl (Yoli) was on Effie's case for not already dealing at Stansfield. There is more to Effie than what we are told right now.

I don't disagree about Effie.

Regarding the other girl, who is she and why are we hearing from her?

Edited by AntFTW
1 hour ago, AntFTW said:

I'm going off of memory but the charge was for killing that professor that was writing about Tariq, not the drug operation. The thoery was that Tariq killed that professor to hide his drug dealing because the professor was writing a book based on a drug dealing student.

I don't recall them getting into the operational details but just confirming that Tariq dealt drugs which served as motive to kill the professor. Brayden volunteered the info specifically on CourseCorrect in court and didn't go into many details about it from what they showed.

Brayden only confessed to drug dealing. If it was for the murder of Jabari, he is in prison for a while.

1 hour ago, AntFTW said:

If they get him out now, won't the focus just go back to Davis? or are they banking on Saxe being able to find some other way to free Theo without discrediting the evidence?

The show is going to go with the angle "the police/DA was corrupt in the deal with Theo" and blame them.

It won't go back to investigate/prosecute Davis. They don't have time for that script.

1 hour ago, AntFTW said:

I guess Cane is going to lose his shit when he finds out that Lauren is alive... and not only that Brayden botched the job, Effie also botched it.

He will but what is going to do about it.

I can't see the writers killing off Brayden this season. So, Brayden may have to kill someone to get Cane's approval and off his back.

1 hour ago, AntFTW said:

I think she mentioned that if RSJ turned down the Westons, it could lead to other investors withdrawing their money from the Westons' firm.

I guess, as the audience. we're supposed to assume that this guy is such a prominent and revered person in the investment world or financial world that it carries some weight across the industry.

We need to see more of RSJ's power/influence. It's impressive if long time clients withdraw their money based on his decision to not sign with Weston. If he is that powerful, Tate should give him a call.

2 hours ago, AntFTW said:

Regarding the other girl, who is she and why are we hearing from her?

Just one of Effie's dealers at an IVY league school. For her to automatically bring up "Tariq" and "it's not like her", must mean Effie has bigger plans than we know at this time.

Does Tariq know she is into girls too?

3 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

Brayden only confessed to drug dealing. If it was for the murder of Jabari, he is in prison for a while.

Yes, Brayden confessed to the drug deal but Tariq was charged with the murder of Jabari.

The drug dealing was, theoretically, Tariq’s motive for murdering Jabari. Jenny’s theory was that Jabari was writing a book based on Tariq so in order to stop the book and shut Jabari up, Tariq killed Jabari. That was Jenny’s theory and the case she was trying to build. The focus was on Jabari’s murder rather than the drug enterprise so not much detail was paid (at least, by Jenny) to the drug dealing operation. That’s all I’m saying.

My guess as for why the NYPD didn’t follow up on it is because Brayden confessed to running it himself but they couldn’t prosecute him for it so it was a waste of resources. Additionally, the school couldn’t compel him to tell all parts of the entire operation so the best they could do is ban CourseCorrect from the school and ban Brayden (which apparently isn’t working out so well).

This is mostly a guess to make it all make sense because they really didn’t show Brayden telling all of the details. They only showed him confessing to running it in during Tariq’s trial but no one got specific and asked him about the operations.

13 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

It won't go back to investigate/prosecute Davis. They don't have time for that script.

LOL

13 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

He will but what is going to do about it.

I can't see the writers killing off Brayden this season. So, Brayden may have to kill someone to get Cane's approval and off his back.

I don’t see Brayden getting killed off either.

When Lauren comes back on the grid, Brayden is going to have to actually kill her this time.

16 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

Just one of Effie's dealers at an IVY league school. For her to automatically bring up "Tariq" and "it's not like her", must mean Effie has bigger plans than we know at this time.

Ok so Effie supplies this girl and she deals for Effie…

In that case, I feel like she knows way too much to just be another dealer. She talks to her in a very personal way. For my own world building, I’m creating the backstory that this girl went to Choate with Effie and the rest of them.

20 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

Does Tariq know she is into girls too?

Effie’s into girls? I don’t remember. Was that on the original Power?

58 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

Yes, Brayden confessed to the drug deal but Tariq was charged with the murder of Jabari.

The drug dealing was, theoretically, Tariq’s motive for murdering Jabari. Jenny’s theory was that Jabari was writing a book based on Tariq so in order to stop the book and shut Jabari up, Tariq killed Jabari. That was Jenny’s theory and the case she was trying to build. The focus was on Jabari’s murder rather than the drug enterprise so not much detail was paid (at least, by Jenny) to the drug dealing operation. That’s all I’m saying.

My guess as for why the NYPD didn’t follow up on it is because Brayden confessed to running it himself but they couldn’t prosecute him for it so it was a waste of resources. Additionally, the school couldn’t compel him to tell all parts of the entire operation so the best they could do is ban CourseCorrect from the school and ban Brayden (which apparently isn’t working out so well).

This is mostly a guess to make it all make sense because they really didn’t show Brayden telling all of the details. They only showed him confessing to running it in during Tariq’s trial but no one got specific and asked him about the operations.

Ok. I am drawing a blank on this.  I remember his lawyers and the DA talking and then Brayden confession wasn't part of the plan. I have to look back.

1 hour ago, AntFTW said:

When Lauren comes back on the grid, Brayden is going to have to actually kill her this time.

She may have to go. What is her role on the show now? She is expendable.

1 hour ago, AntFTW said:

Ok so Effie supplies this girl and she deals for Effie…

In that case, I feel like she knows way too much to just be another dealer. She talks to her in a very personal way. For my own world building, I’m creating the backstory that this girl went to Choate with Effie and the rest of them.

Effie’s into girls? I don’t remember. Was that on the original Power?

Effie and Yoli - Season 2 Episode 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdiv5__ScpA

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
(edited)

Effie and Yoli - Season 2 Episode 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdiv5__ScpA

Oh! Ok I remember that now. I wouldn’t have known that was the same girl though.

She may have to go. What is her role on the show now? She is expendable.

I don’t know. Until she comes back from the dead, she’s kind of useless. The only thing she can do is help Jenny regarding her own “murder.”

Ok. I am drawing a blank on this.  I remember his lawyers and the DA talking and then Brayden confession wasn't part of the plan. I have to look back.

Yes, but they didn’t talk about CourseCorrect. Trace was going to testify but Trace didn’t know about CourseCorrect in the sense that he didn’t know Tariq and Brayden were behind it and dealing through it. Last minute, they switch to Brayden and Brayden opens the door to CourseCorrect in court.

Edited by AntFTW
  • Like 1
On 3/31/2023 at 6:36 PM, mxc90 said:

Tariq believes Tasha was the "mastermind" behind Ghost's and Tommy's organization, Ghost messed it all up and he is smarter than Ghost???!!!! My goodness!

Tariq was accurate that his Mom was the mastermind behind the money laundering and the accounting, Tasha was very smart in that aspect. Tariq isn’t smarter than his Dad- I always think the last season or so gave Ghost a personality transplant, because he became such a fucking asshole. 

He called her “little orphan Annie”- I don’t think Effie has family, I think she was in foster care before Choate. 

I can believe that though. I’m assuming Davis DID kill the guy (for whatever reason) and his brother was covering for him (maybe it was a bar fight and an accident or something of that nature, or Theo was involved in something illegal with the guy and Davis got involved). That shit happens in black families. Someone falls on the sword to protect the family member with the brighter future. (From what I have seen in my life experiences as a black person) From the discussion I wasn’t getting that it was totally random, because Davis said he would’ve confessed. 

I used to think Tate dumped the Professor, but now we get that she dumped him. She probably wanted an upstanding life, and although he was smart, and she liked him (Damn Lorenz Tate is still so fine, when he was grinning I was SWOONING- I’d hit that!), she knew he was a “mukshaw, skipsy and a gigolo”(to quote my mommy). 

10 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Immediately, Diana and Dru sensed something is off with Lorenzo and Cane. Once Monet gets word/senses it too, the truth will come out. It's over for Lorenzo then. He is just delaying his doom.

23 hours ago, AntFTW said:

YUP!

23 hours ago, AntFTW said:

I think Uncle Weston knows how smart Keke is, so she’s free to be more frank with him. He will use her when he sees fit but he will keep her around and pay her because he wants smart people around him. 

• Like 2
(edited)
20 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Tariq was accurate that his Mom was the mastermind behind the money laundering and the accounting

Tariq said Tasha was the mastermind of all of it, and that she had everything figured out and that Ghost fucked all of it up... and I have a hard time with that. As viewers of the show, we know that's not true and that for very ridiculous reasons, Tariq will minimize his father's contribution.

Yes, she was the mastermind in her lane. The accounting and money laundering is all her. That's only part of it. It took all of them Ghost, Tommy and Tasha to make it work.

Edited by AntFTW
  • Like 3
7 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

Tariq said Tasha was the mastermind of all of it, and that she had everything figured out and that Ghost fucked all of it up... and I have a hard time with that. Because as viewers of the show, we know that's not true and that for very ridiculous reasons, Tariq will minimize his father's contribution.

Yes, she was the mastermind in her lane. The accounting and money laundering is all her. That's only part of it. It took all of them Ghost, Tommy and Tasha to make it work.

Tariq wants to rewrite history because he feels guilty he killed his father (or at least he should!). Tariq aggravates me. 

I did want to point out that Diana and Effie’s conversation was actually mature. No fighting, Diana had a right to be upset, both kept their dignity and set their boundaries. Diana needs to stay out of the drug game and finish her studies. No one can take her degree away in RICO case. 

Something that doesn’t feel organic to me- Lorenzo was in prison TEN YEARS. Not 1-3, but TEN. Cane is the oldest at 21ish, this man has been gone half their lives. The idea that they would defer to him so much just doesn’t feel right. Even with cell phones and visits. If they were in their 30s or 40s and he had raised them to adulthood I could buy it, but they were all kids when he went away. 

Also- I’m actually enjoying the writing for Cane this season. He’s appearing smarter and wittier. 

• Like 2

When Tariq's class was discussing human capital, he came real close to saying something stupid like "slavery was a choice." This idiot brat.

They lost me with the bitcoin stuff. At this point bitcoin seems like a bad buzzword.

Brayden, Tariq, and Effie casually talking about Brayden offing a guy like they were trying to decide what kind of pizza to order. So young to be so empty.

And Tariq ends up catching yet another body. Brayden is just not about murdering people, at least not when it's an assignment.

Not really enjoying Lorenzo having to be Cane's bitch anymore. It's getting old. Tables don't necessarily need to be turned all the way back but I don't like Lorenzo having to obey Cane.

Mary J seems to be sleepwalking her way through this season so far. Was she mostly busy doing something else while this was being filmed?

The more Salim appears, the more I don't trust him. 

Yeah, he seems too earnest to be true.