Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: A Better Future is in Your Hands

AnimeMania
  • Start Topic

Across the world teenage girls are experiencing a strange sensation beneath their collarbones, a tingling in their hands and sudden jolts of electricity sparking from their fingertips. This new power is an agent of both liberation and destruction.

Premiere Date: March 30, 2023     Prime Video    

2 hours ago, Paloma said:

I always worry when a book I love is adapted as a movie or series, because it's often disappointing, but at least this first episode is really well done. 

I thought the first episode was well done, too. Looking forward to see the rest. Makes me want to reread the book as well. 

I hope a lot of people watch this, I can't wait to enjoy some juicy convos in here. 

• Like 2

We watched the first episode last night. I really liked it. I'm most interested in the foster girl's story. I was enraged at her foster "mother" turning on the radio to drown out what she knew were sounds of sexual abuse. I loved that the "father" got exactly what he deserved. If only every rapist and child abuser met that fate.

• Like 3
  • Applause 5

I’ve never heard of this and didn’t know it was a book (which means now I’ll be getting the book too!. Really enjoying this, such an interesting concept. Can’t wait to see how this manifests and how the tables get turned in society.

• Like 3

Someone told me about this story a while ago, never thought I would come across the serie so soon! I loved it and I can't wait to see how it develops. I hope it's not a question of 'see, girls can be as bad as boys' because yes, they can be, but I'm mostly interested in seeing the big changes. Can you imagine what would happen in places like Afghanistan or Ciudad Juárez? Right now, the power they have doesn't seem big enough to lead to a full matriarchy with men as second-class citizens and tbh, it's not what I want to see here, but I'm intrigued by the possibilities of a different world. I wonder if the show will go there. 

• Like 3

Only thing decent about this show so far is seeing Toheeb Jimoh twice a week. So many unlikable characters so far, but willing to give it another one or two episodes.