Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E19: Call Me Not Okurr

• Start Topic

Good for Kat breaking up with Max. He was an asshole to her two episodes in a row, and didn't seem to get it at all what was wrong with that.

On the other hand, Sheila is a horrible person and I don't think it's funny.

I was on the verge of not watching this show anymore, but I actually think it has gotten a little less stupid lately.

I liked Kat's shirt-- the one she spilled coffee on. I also liked the boots she was wearing in the scene where she told Sheila and Randi about the kiss... I agree the skirt with those boots is a lesbian standard look (having worn similar ensembles myself many times) so that made me laugh even though it was part of Sheila's generally obnoxious behavior.

Carter's indecision drove me crazy, even though I also have trouble deciding things sometimes.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

I think the breakup was all too rushed, Kat has crushed on and loved Max forever, but sometimes once you get what you think you want, you realize: nope. But it wasn't well done, which isn't terribly surprising for this show, of course. Max having zero reaction beyond how it would affect his career to Kat telling him that she and Zoey kissed...and notice, she didn't say "Zoey kissed me" but that they had kissed, as if it was a mutual impulse...I dunno. If my guy came home and told me he kissed another guy, I think I'd have some QUESTIONS! Or is it just the old boring trope that two women kissing is cool and not really particularly gay cuz guys think  it's hot? Not that Max seemed to find it hot. But you'd think he'd want to know what it all meant, if anything. 

Did Randi not have her phone in her secret hideaway? 

Sheila is the worst, and not funny. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

I really, really hate Sheila. I didn’t like Swoosie Kurtz’s character in Mike and Molly, and I don’t like her character here. I also just have a difficult time looking at all the work she’s had done. 

I see we have more inconsistencies with Max’s character. He was such a total dick to Kat that I can’t imagine why they were ever friends. 

The show has been better - thank God for no Gideon - but I won’t cry a river if the show isn’t renewed. 

Edited by Peppermint Patty
  • Like 6
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, luna1122again said:

Did Randi not have her phone in her secret hideaway? 

She did but she needed the charger for it because it was dying which is what she was going to get when Carter and his cousin came in and blocked the entrance.

I'm fine with Kat breaking up with Max but agree it was poorly done but what else is new with this show.

As for Sheila, one moment she seems okay and then she's back to being her usual mean self.  Swoosie Kurtz has played parts that weren't so brash but between this and Mike and Molly, eesh.  It's like she can't be cast in anything other than the harsh, critical mom.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Hated that he ditched the flowers. Just throw away money. Not all flowers are toxic to cats. He could have gotten roses for Pete’s sake. But it doesn’t matter anyway is it all turns out. They were horrible together.  no chemistry no feelings of love. it’s hard to see what they even had in common as far as being such great friends. I’m glad they are split.

I think every woman needs a hideaway room. I’m going through something myself (age?!, fed up with people?)😄where I am so sick of being bothered all the time. I love to have a room and just put a sign up that says do not disturb. 
Sheila is a sickening & vile mother. 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, chediavolo said:

Hated that he ditched the flowers. Just throw away money. Not all flowers are toxic to cats. He could have gotten roses for Pete’s sake. But it doesn’t matter anyway is it all turns out. They were horrible together.  no chemistry no feelings of love. it’s hard to see what they even had in common as far as being such great friends. I’m glad they are split.

I think every woman needs a hideaway room. I’m going through something myself (age?!, fed up with people?)😄where I am so sick of being bothered all the time. I love to have a room and just put a sign up that says do not disturb. 
Sheila is a sickening & vile mother. 

yeah, but are they broken up for good? i sure hope so, but wouldn't count on it

as for sheila, yeah, not someone you want to be around.  was she also this way in sisters?

• Like 3
5 hours ago, chediavolo said:

Hated that he ditched the flowers. Just throw away money. Not all flowers are toxic to cats.

Didn't he throw them out of the apartment which would put them on the stairs?  Where the cats could get to them?  I agree he was a jerk to Cat.  

And Shelia can just go.  There is nothing redeeming about her character at all.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, cinsays said:

yeah, but are they broken up for good? i sure hope so, but wouldn't count on it

as for sheila, yeah, not someone you want to be around.  was she also this way in sisters?

I can’t remember much about sisters. She was a bitch in Mike & Molly. Not too likable in Pushing Daisys. 

• Like 1

On the one hand it's a relief for Kat and Max to break up given that there wasn't much "there" there in their relationship, but on the other it's yet another direction shift in a show that's had one too many direction shifts.  Max's character has been all over the map and then some.  The only constant has been Randi and Carter's relationship and not surprisingly because it's believable, their lines are funny nd their characters consistent.  I also thought the show paired Kat with Max too early and so it didn't seem to gel naturally and felt forced.  Just bad writing all the way around.  I don't think it would have been impossible to write their relationship better so they wouldn't feel like such a mismatch.  I think the actors could have pulled off a believable romantic relationship, so I don't see this as their fault.  There's a good chance the show isn't over with them yet, but at this rate the audience is not going to care if they do get back together or feel like it was yet again poorly done.   Ugh.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Yeah No said:

On the one hand it's a relief for Kat and Max to break up given that there wasn't much "there" there in their relationship, but on the other it's yet another direction shift in a show that's had one too many direction shifts.  Max's character has been all over the map and then some.  The only constant has been Randi and Carter's relationship and not surprisingly because it's believable, their lines are funny nd their characters consistent.  I also thought the show paired Kat with Max too early and so it didn't seem to gel naturally and felt forced.  Just bad writing all the way around.  I don't think it would have been impossible to write their relationship better so they wouldn't feel like such a mismatch.  I think the actors could have pulled off a believable romantic relationship, so I don't see this as their fault.  There's a good chance the show isn't over with them yet, but at this rate the audience is not going to care if they do get back together or feel like it was yet again poorly done.   Ugh.

i think at this point the only thing that can save this show is that sheila has a heart attack and dies, after her having a nice conversation with kat apologizing for how mean she's been to her

and max moves to france or wherever his true love is

• Like 2
  • Love 1
45 minutes ago, cinsays said:

i think at this point the only thing that can save this show is that sheila has a heart attack and dies, after her having a nice conversation with kat apologizing for how mean she's been to her

and max moves to france or wherever his true love is

I still don't know what the point was of the kiss between Kat and Zoey unless it was just to create an excuse for division between Kat and Max and the two will go their separate ways over that and Max's increasing general doucheyness.  Or maybe Zoey was lying to throw them off and really had her sights set on Max.  In which case if he finds out, the situation might look a lot different and set the stage for him and Kat reconciling.  But that's just my wild way to make all of this make any kind of sense whatsoever.  Either way it won't save this mess.....

• Like 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, possibilities said:

A female-female kiss has been ratings bait for decades. It usually doesn't amount to anything more than that. 

Yeah but when it happens to the main character and she ends up breaking up with her boyfriend in that episode I think it matters to "more than that" in one way or another, even if not directly.  It was used as a plot device if nothing else.

3 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

I thought the whole Zoey is a lesbian and was attracted to Kat rather than Max story was an attempt at replacing the LGBT slot left by Phil's departure.

Probably but why they can't just let stuff like this happen organically on this show bugs me.  It all feels so forced and contrived to "fill a slot" or whatever.

• Like 2
On 4/2/2023 at 1:15 AM, Yeah No said:

Agree 100%. Last week, I predicted that Max and Kat would break up even though nothing would happen with the singer. But the way the show handled it was terrible. Both of them could have just decided that they're too different or the timing wasn't right. Instead they made Max into a big douche and I agree that his character is not consistent at all. Who's going to want Kat and Max together again? And they did rush their relationship. Look at how long it took for Ross and Rachel to get together in Friends. That's why viewers were rooting for them.

Sheila is a terrible human and should not work at the coffee shop. She doesn't work and is fat shaming customers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1