Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E16: A Stolen Truck and Going on the Lam

Bort
  • Start Topic

On 3/30/2023 at 9:57 PM, kay1864 said:

Since Missy was in Baton Rouge, and probably less than an hour since her parents talked to the Medford police…  how the heck did a Louisiana cop find them so fast? It’s not like she pulled them over for something else. 

She might've pulled them over for something else.  We didn't get to hear the reason because Missy blurted out her being underage and having stolen the truck.

I liked seeing more of Missy and Paige together, so overall, I liked the episode.

• Like 5
9 hours ago, Starchild said:

Was this the first appearance of the adult-Sheldon uniform? Short-sleeved T over long-sleeved T with khakis?

No, it was at the end of season 5, apparently, when he gets the Flash t-shirt, but I don't think they've had him wearing it since.

• Like 4
On 3/30/2023 at 6:54 PM, Elizabeth Anne said:

Agreed, that joke was not funny.  Overall the episode wasn't terrible, wasn't great either. I bought Missy being unrealistic about the consequences of running away, what I didn't buy was Paige.  Not the running away aspect, but the idea that they could be mermaids in Daytona Beach.  She's smart enough to know they are 13 and are not going to get hired anywhere.  Her end game is just acting out and pissing off her parents.  

Intelligence and maturity don't often go to together. Paige is still a young, inexperienced teenager after all.

• Like 6
On 3/30/2023 at 7:06 PM, ChitChat said:

With the alert out there, that truck was easy to spot!  

I didn't think she pulled them over because of the BOL, but because of their ages and the Texas plates.

LOL. My mother and her friend were driving back from a day trip to Ontario with a bottle of undeclared whiskey, and when the border inspector asked to see my mother's car registration, her nervous friend blurted out, "Well, you got us!" By luck, he didn't hear her or chose not to. (Not so lucky the next time -- my mother, the rum runner. 😅)

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 4/2/2023 at 7:29 PM, rmontro said:

Lol, we've been so focused on Paige being the oldest and the brains of the outfit, I completely forgot Missy has already lied about her age to get a job.  😮

Paige isn't the oldest, though (the character, that is).

We know Missy is 2 minutes younger than Sheldon, but wasn't Paige introduced to the physics class as the 'new youngest student'? 

I know it seems weird (and looks weird) but Missy is older... I think

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
1 minute ago, highway61 said:

I know it seems weird (and looks weird) but Missy is older... I think

She is.  When Paige is introduced she is 10 years old, the same age as Sheldon but as he cross examines her it comes out she's a month or two younger than he is.  Which does not make our little genius happy.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
On 3/31/2023 at 9:30 AM, Kaycee said:

The silence in the truck on the way home does not look good for the family.

And Sheldon's voiceover made it even worse:  This began the period my family called, "Missy's difficult time"

On 4/7/2023 at 10:05 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

"This is my cousin, Ginger” didn’t make you guys laugh?!?

It did because Missy believed she could confess to everything else, but could keep up the Ginger story.

Oh, to be 13 and innocent again.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
8 hours ago, TheLastKidPicked said:

It did because Missy believed she could confess to everything else, but could keep up the Ginger story.

Oh, to be 13 and innocent again.

I thought it was HILARIOUS. And her delivery was just so perfect.

Great username!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, TheLastKidPicked said:

Thank you!  There is a thread on here somewhere that a bunch of us posted how we picked our user names.  Does your screen name mean something?

My middle name is Hu. When I told my boyfriend, he started singing Paul Simon’s Loves Me Like a Rock, “Who do, who do you think you’re fooling?” 

Then I told him that my mother, who was born in China, had trouble pronouncing some English words. She would say noodooz, instead of noodles. 

One night we ordered from a Chinese restaurant. He pointed to my entree, “Hoodooznoodooz.”

Is that thread on the Young Sheldon page? I would like to see the explanation for your username! 🙃

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 7/8/2023 at 10:16 PM, StaceyNotStacie said:

I just love Paige and Missy together. Do we know whether or not Missy went to college? I’d love a spin-off where Missy attends college with Paige and they’re roommates. 

I would think Paige would be done with college by the time Missy was ready to go.