Type keyword(s) to search

S27.E11: Finale and After the Final Rose

DEL901
  • Start Topic

Wait, isn’t Zach supposed to get engaged tomorrow?!? This does not bode well that he’s still completely torn. He wants to “experience this to the very end” this is the very end, Zach! That time is now! Okay, he told Gabi again, and definitively that he’s absolutely falling in love with her and can see a future with her!! But Gabi has never believed him. She knows in her heart that he’s lying to her. How can he say all this to Gabi and NOTHING to Kaity—and still claim how conflicted he is?! I wish they didn’t have to rewind and take the time from the live show so we could get some live audience shocked ooohs and head shakes. Zach is “holding the love words for one person”?!? Uh, if that person isn’t Gabi, you done goofed like 5 times!!!

• Like 6
Just now, JenE4 said:

Wait, isn’t Zach supposed to get engaged tomorrow?!? This does not bode well that he’s still completely torn. He wants to “experience this to the very end” this is the very end, Zach! That time is now! Okay, he told Gabi again, and definitively that he’s absolutely falling in love with her and can see a future with her!! But Gabi has never believed him. She knows in her heart that he’s lying to her. How can he say all this to Gabi and NOTHING to Kaity—and still claim how conflicted he is?! I wish they didn’t have to rewind and take the time from the live show so we could get some live audience shocked ooohs and head shakes. Zach is “holding the love words for one person”?!? Uh, if that person isn’t Gabi, you done goofed like 5 times!!!

Genuinely asking because I can't recall, hasn't he just said he's "falling in love" with Gabi, but not that he's "in love" or straight up "I love you"? It's this weird distinction on this show that other contestants have used in past seasons too. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
1 minute ago, SallyAlbright said:

I genuinely don't know! The editing is insane tonight, just abrupt jump cuts to different scenes. I think this is the night portion of her date? 

But isn't it way longer than Kaity's date was???

And switching the order of the dates mid-episode is weird. Gabi went first for the pre-family date and was first for the family meeting,  and then suddenly she goes second for the final date????

I think Zach wouldn't be so upset now if he did not sleep w/ Gabi.

And we still do not know why he had sex because as I mentioned earlier, they told us that the two of them made a mutual decision to have sex and it was NOT because they lost control! 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, EllenB said:

It's amazing how much I like Sean now, when I thought he was a goody-two-shoes loser at the time I watched his season.

I think that part of it, for me, is that he has done what he said he would.  He wanted a marriage and kids and they both seem very happy.  Sure, he shows up on a lot of Bachelor shows, but they probably throw a lot of money at him, and he can build a good nest egg.  Three kids aren’t cheap. 

• Like 8
  • Useful 2
4 minutes ago, SallyAlbright said:

Genuinely asking because I can't recall, hasn't he just said he's "falling in love" with Gabi, but not that he's "in love" or straight up "I love you"? It's this weird distinction on this show that other contestants have used in past seasons too. 

He’s said “falling in love” and “love is there” and  “definitively falling in love”—but he hasn’t said anything close (as far as we know) to kaity. Then he made a point of saying he’s “saving the L word” but whether he’s “falling” or “fallen,” the word is in his lexicon with Gabi. Though, I see your point that there is some love continuum on this show from “I can see myself falling in love with you” on up.

• Like 1

Zach is the best dressed bachelor I've seen in a LONG while

Gabi's styling has been amazing this week.  Hmmm.

Gabis convinced she's not the one, but even though she's saying all this stuff...I feel like she would have been over him quickly.  I just don't get the "forever vibe"

Edited by Riplet68
  • Like 5
2 minutes ago, Riplet68 said:

Zach is the best dressed bachelor I've seen in a LONG while

He wears the clothes well, he's very tall and lean compared to previous Bachelors like Clayton and Colton who were stockier and looked much more uncomfortable in suits. 

Edited by SallyAlbright
  • Like 2

“Having love for” is a new one! I’m not sure where that falls on the continuum—kind of low like a relative. And he has love for them both.

okay, that was weird with them showing Gabi yelling at the driver! But she also said not to do that to Kaity. 

Gabi knows it’s not her because of instinct—and also that it’s broad daylight, not “golden hour.”

• Like 4

At least he didn't make her profess her love like so many other leads have done.  I like she shut him done, but if she knew he was going to dump her, why did she show up?

This is the weirdest break up I've seen.

"Bye Gabi"  Poor Zach doesn't know what to do, he looks so confused and sad.  And first thing she does is take of the uncomfortable shoes.  My love for Gabi just went up

• Like 6
  • Love 1

I think Gabi will be just fine. I think a lot of her got carried away by her desire to get engaged and plan a wedding at the same time as her sister as she mentioned at her hometown date. Once she's out of this bubble, she will be okay I think. She at least got a lasting close friendship with Kaity out of this mess! 

I do wonder though if there was producer pressure to stay in it until the end this season to keep up the suspense. I feel like in past seasons Gabi would have left early or Zach would have sent her home early but it was painfully dragged out this year. 

Edited by SallyAlbright
  • Like 7
  • Useful 1

Ok...I don't like her spiral or her "so hard to love"  That's concerning from someone with that much bravado and guts

WOW!  Her AFTR dress!  Definitely a "I look awesome and you're an idiot dress"

Edited by Riplet68
  • Like 2
  • Applause 3
1 minute ago, Riplet68 said:

Ok...I don't like her spiral or her "so hard to love"  That's concerning from someone with that much bravado and guts

Bachelorette audition?

• Like 1
Just now, Riplet68 said:

I wonder if it was a result of the show making her ride around for ages and being plied with triggering questions. Some women have said they do that to get emotional moments.

• Like 2

Was it Ali F that let her F2 Chris go before the final rose ceremony?  The Chris from Cape Cod who went on to marry Peyton. I wish more leads would do this. Gabi's right; it is humiliating to have to stand there and be dumped.

• Like 9

Unfortunately the premise of this show pretty much guarantees that at least one person will be strung along. I feel bad for them but also that's kind of what you sign up for when only one person "wins." 

I'm glad he didn't let her profess her love for him and instead got right to it. 

• Like 8

Gabi’s really breaking down the fourth wall there. Zach didn’t make you go through that hellish day, the show did! But suddenly her spirals on the last two dates make sense. She already knew in her gut it wasn’t going to be her. All that time she was asking for reassurance, she really just wanted the truth. Zach’s love continuum platitudes did Gabi no good. I mean this is the show to string someone along to the final rose ceremony. 

Edited by JenE4
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

She's lost a lot of weight.  And looks like the chick from Transformers....Megan...?

Several of the female leads have let their second choices go before they got to the final rose, I'm not sure about the male leads. I don't count Peter cause Madi left on her accord - and she was going to be his first choice.

I like Jesse so much better than Chris as the lead.  And I really hope they aren't grooming Sean to take his place. nothing against Sean...I just really like the way Jesse is with everyone

Edited by Riplet68
  • Like 5
5 minutes ago, SallyAlbright said:

Unfortunately the premise of this show pretty much guarantees that at least one person will be strung along. I feel bad for them but also that's kind of what you sign up for when only one person "wins." 

I'm glad he didn't let her profess her love for him and instead got right to it. 

True but many of the recent seasons it hasn’t been a traditional ending so he could have let her know ahead of time.

• Like 2

Damn, they agreed the sex was “just between us”?!? I mean, what happens in the fantasy suite, stays in the fantasy suite—but they actually said that to each other. Zach really fucked this up all around. This was worse that he “outed” their physical relationship than going the other extreme about needing to “be honest” about a “vow” that Kaity didn’t even know existed. 

• Like 14

So, is this it?  Is this what Jesse was hinting at saying no one knows how it will all end….unless Kaity dumps him and she and Gabi go off together…that really would be the most dramatic ending ever (tm Chris Harrison).  

• LOL 2
1 minute ago, JenE4 said:

Damn, they agreed the sex was “just between us”?!? I mean, what happens in the fantasy suite, stays in the fantasy suite—but they actually said that to each other. Zach really fucked this up all around. This was worse that he “outed” their physical relationship than going the other extreme about needing to “be honest” about a “vow” that Kaity didn’t even know existed. 

Sorry, but his honor was more important than hers.  He is scum.  She will never be able to live this down.  How will she ever be able to trust anyone?

Edited by b2H
  • Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1

Besides letting Zach know that he really fucked up in the way he handled things, Gabby politely, and rightly, criticized the way the show is set up. She was quite articulate, considering how upset she was.

• Like 18

If it mattered that much to Zach to tell Kaity that he slept with Gabi, then he could have waited until they were in the Fantasy Suite when the cameras were off and told her then. Thereby clearing his conscience but also not outing Gabi on television. 

Or, you know, just not have had sex with Gabi. 

But let's not forget that when Zach told Gabi about no sex, she said in her talking head that "we'll see" - so it's not like she honored his boundaries, either. Two to tango and all that. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 2
Just now, EllenB said:

Besides letting Zach know that he really fucked up in the way he handled things, Gabby politely, and rightly, criticized the way the show is set up. She was quite articulate, considering how upset she was.

Yep, I liked that because this show messes with everyone, including the leads. Look how everyone now hates Zach and is calling him scum and a sociopath, etc. Clayton admitted after his season last year that he received death threats and had extreme mental health issues and suicidal thoughts etc. So did Tino after Rachel's season. I'm sure Zach will now face the onslaught and yes he was a dumbass but he didn't murder anyone. Gabi is humiliated, Zach will be raked over the coals and Kaity will probably also be hurt all so the producers could drum up some extra drama. 

I like the pretty people and the pretty places and find this show entertaining so I guess I'm part of the problem. But I don't think the show needs to go so far to humiliate all of the people involved. They pressure the lead and the contestants into doing things that are out of character or that they later regret and then they leave them with no help or counseling afterwards.

• Like 12
  • Sad 1