Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E07: '80s Night

• Start Topic

Moose was the obvious sacrificial singer. Part of me wonders if his platform was for health reasons and part was for "Norm!". After the reveal, he didn't seem all that good to me to be honest, so I wonder if a bug was going through the singers when they were filming.  They kept suggesting John Goodman as a good guess and it had me shaking my head; John can sing; he's a blues brother for crying out loud; there's no way even faking it he would have done Power that badly. 

Scorpio vs Doll was good. I don't know if it's the costume or something else but Doll's singing seems more muffled than usual, but in the end I agree that he should go forward. 

As for who Scorpio was, I've seen the show once or twice, but not enough to recognize the people on it, so I had no idea who she was. She was a decent enough singer for a non professional, and she certainly owned the stage. Really both her and Doll did well, but no way was Scorpio worth the bell. I suspect the bell will be run next episode since it's been run on the 3rd and 1st of the groups so far. 

• Like 4

Show was sort of boring to me.  Of course we always have the idiotic guesses of Ken to "liven" things up but...  As a previous poster mentioned, the Moose was sort of an obvious first  "singer' out. George didn't seem all that enthusiastic about being ther.  Don't know if it was  poor health or what.  Don't watch Selling Sunset so Chritine Quinn didn't ring any recognition bells with me.  

1 hour ago, pnina said:

George didn't seem all that enthusiastic about being ther.  Don't know if it was  poor health or what. 

When Shatner did the show a season or so back he complained that the costume was heavy and stuffy. I can't imagine that the Moose costume was terribly comfortable either. Which makes me wonder....did he have to sing live, or could it have been pre-recorded so all he had to do is sit there? 

Edited by NeenerNeener
8 hours ago, Taeolas said:

As for who Scorpio was, I've seen the show once or twice, but not enough to recognize the people on it, so I had no idea who she was.

Quinn was the designated villain on Selling Sunset, so she got more air time in the first 4 seasons than anybody else. I don't know if her sales numbers were the best, but she picked fights with everybody so if she wasn't on camera the whole office was talking about her anyway. I think the boss finally invited her to leave last season because she wasn't showing up at the office at all. She's definitely.....extra. 

Sexy Urkel was a great jab at Nick. As was Robin's chevron description of "Thinks it is 1880's night".

Thinking of the costumes, Moose's costume just didn't feel as good as they usually have, whether on purpose or not. Aside from the lack of expression on the face, it was just way too big for the body/actor. So that may have been part of why George was so immobile during the act. Even in the clue package the body double didn't seem as active though they tried their best (and Moose on the Loose was a nice way to present the clues). So being overheated in that massive costume may have been part of why he was so restrained after the reveal; but I did notice he also wasn't in the VIP section after; he basically did his time and disappeared completely once he was revealed. 

On a different note, was tonight one fo the first times that a judge's guess was proved wrong by the guess being in the audience? I'm sure it was entirely preplanned like the rest of the show, but it was a bit funny for the guess to be proved wrong so obviously. 

• Like 3

I know the bell wasn't used this time, but it will be used one more time.  That means that there will be a good masked singer that we will have to wait because of this "stupid save feature".   I hope MS doesn't bring the bell back next season.

• Like 4
12 hours ago, Taeolas said:

On a different note, was tonight one fo the first times that a judge's guess was proved wrong by the guess being in the audience? I'm sure it was entirely preplanned like the rest of the show, but it was a bit funny for the guess to be proved wrong so obviously. 

I must have fast forwarded through that part. Was it one of Ken's guesses? I pretty much fast forward through everything except for packages and singing at this point. It's the only way the show is bearable.

• Like 2
21 hours ago, P2C2E said:

Was it one of Ken's guesses?

Yeah, Ken announced he thought it was Donnie Wahlberg, and Jenny told him it absolutely couldn't be Donnie. Then she pointed to  Donnie in the audience. It was pretty funny.

• Like 2

This episode was terrible in terms of singing quality.  Unlike the recent episode where we had three pretty good singers, this episode was pretty bad.  Moose was awful.  Scorpio was ok, but she seemed like she was running out of breath.  Doll was decent but nowhere near as good as some of the other winners from each week.

I must be pretty ancient, because I've never even heard of the show "Selling Sunset", let alone whoever that woman is.

• Love 1
On 3/31/2023 at 5:43 PM, NeenerNeener said:

Yeah, Ken announced he thought it was Donnie Wahlberg, and Jenny told him it absolutely couldn't be Donnie. Then she pointed to  Donnie in the audience. It was pretty funny.

Except it seemed absolutely scripted.  They even added the chryon "Clearly not the Moose" in post-production.  Then again, everything on this show, especially Ken's stupid schtick, is seeming more and more scripted these days.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
On 3/31/2023 at 8:52 AM, Ananayel said:

I agree with that spoiler for Doll, and would be thrilled if it's true. Love him. LOVE!

I haven't watched the epi yet, but I definitely will now. I hope it's him, too! I love him, especially when he narrates music/band documentaries. What he lacks in singing ability, he more than makes up for in personality!

• Like 1