Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E05: The Dockery Affair

• Start Topic

Episode Description:

An investigation surrounding the murder of a judge sheds new light on an unsolved case. Meanwhile, Red's relationship with a trusted colleague is put in jeopardy when his cooperation with the FBI is disclosed.

Air Date: Mar 26/2023

Just started watching but had to comment on the adorable interaction between Red and Herbie's baby. Not the first time we can see James Spader easy rapour with young children. I suspect it is why they tend to include it more frequently lately.

• Like 4

Anton should get a refund from his knock-out drug supplier.

Malik exhibits insensitivity and incompetence in the same episode... She is a perfect fit for the Team! 

ETA: Ressler is for sure going to stalk the ex-wife of that insider trading dude... You could see the wheels struggling to turn in his tiny brain...

Edited by paigow
  • LOL 5
30 minutes ago, Surrealist said:

I have to say that I've been enjoying this final season. I don't miss the main cast members who have left. I prefer the pared down Task Force.

and the recurring Big Bad Blacklisters are more interesting than Dimwits Of The Highway level miscreants....

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

Speaking of dimwits, did no one on the investigation into the Judge's death think about the possibility of sexual activity, and look for DNA? And Ms. Dockery, upon finding a suspect necklace in the drawer, doesn't just run out the door, but goes to the office to confirm the necklace in her files, and gets dressed at the same time.

Herbie did say the glow was caused by interaction with human remains, so I guess Vesco's cat is still at large.

Best line of the night: (Wujing) "Reddington is working with a top secret FBI task force...."

• LOL 4
(edited)
On 3/27/2023 at 8:05 PM, Dowel Jones said:

Herbie did say the glow was caused by interaction with human remains, so I guess Vesco's cat is still at large.

Liked seeing Herbie again.

So no actual Blacklister this week -- since 'The Dockery Affair' didn't get a number.

Still no sign or mention of the dogs, Robert Vesco's cat, or Sierra the cat.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
On 3/27/2023 at 2:05 PM, paigow said:

It was as if Vesco knew EXACTLY what Wujing wanted to hear...

I am hoping beyond hope here that the writers know full well we are going to figure out the traitor plots the moment they appear and so in the case of Vesco they will subvert our expectations by just flipping the plot every other episode. So I would like to see it unfold like so:

• Wujing tells Vesco about the Task Force.
  • Vesco isn't stupid and kinda already knew this so he pretends to be on Wujing's side.
  • Wujing isn't stupid so he knows Vesco is playing him but he actually wants this to happen.
  • Vesco anticipates that Wujing will eventually betray him but he's working this into his plans.
  • Wujing knows Vesco knows so he's coming up with counter-plans.
  • All parties will admit at some point that they were not fooled for a second.

Now since this does rely on dual instances of Blacklist characters not being stupid, I don't have too much hope but this is what I would like to see nonetheless.

Edited by dwmarch
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1
On 3/28/2023 at 11:52 PM, dwmarch said:

I am hoping beyond hope here that the writers know full well we are going to figure out the traitor plots the moment they appear and so in the case of Vesco they will subvert our expectations by just flipping the plot every other episode. So I would like to see it unfold like so:

• Vesco isn't stupid and kinda already knew this so he pretends to be on Wujing's side.
  • Wujing isn't stupid so he knows Vesco is playing him but he actually wants this to happen.
  • Vesco anticipates that Wujing will eventually betray him but he's working this into his plans.

• LOL 2
On 3/28/2023 at 10:52 PM, dwmarch said:

Now since this does rely on dual instances of Blacklist characters not being stupid, I don't have too much hope but this is what I would like to see nonetheless.

They are definitely still working together. Red is using him as a mole. If not it would be bland writing. I hope they have more planned then just a "Ah Ha! he is working with Reddington. Fooled you!". Shock us writers! not Liz shock us, but something good.

WIth that said. I found the beginning to be a bit off. Why would a serial killer not just keep a trophy with him, but bring it to his love affair's house which is (not just any judge, but his judge), then flop it in the nightstand in her bedroom? Later in In the episode the character played up his intelligence by showing off his family's money to the "almost" next victim. So why is he carrying damning evidence around with him?

• Like 1
(edited)
On 4/3/2023 at 9:34 AM, Jkizis said:

They are definitely still working together. Red is using him as a mole. If not it would be bland writing. I hope they have more planned then just a "Ah Ha! he is working with Reddington. Fooled you!". Shock us writers! not Liz shock us, but something good.

WIth that said. I found the beginning to be a bit off. Why would a serial killer not just keep a trophy with him, but bring it to his love affair's house which is (not just any judge, but his judge), then flop it in the nightstand in her bedroom? Later in In the episode the character played up his intelligence by showing off his family's money to the "almost" next victim. So why is he carrying damning evidence around with him?

I’m pretty sure they were in his house/bedroom and not hers when she found the necklace. 

Edited by Ceindreadh
Damned autocorrect
  • Like 1

i wasn't clear whose house they are in - i assumed it was his - let me find a pen and paper/routing around in drawers sounded like it was not her place.

but then she ran into a room with Legal books and checked evidence - one assumes killed in her own judges chambers? (and found there)

Unless she left his house and he followed her to the chambers, all happening off camera? (though you'd probably go to the police or somewhere more public)