Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 3/27/2023

falltime
  • Start Topic

I think Whoopi's rudeness just rubbed her wrong in the heat of the moment. I know it will never happen since Sunny has too much decorum (not to mention desire to keep this job for all its perks, celebrity access, "relevance," etc., lol!), but part of me would live for Sunny just flat out cursing Whoopi's hateful ass out one of these days. Whoopi's a moron at least 40% of the time. That's not even the problem really, it's more that she's an idiot who steamrolls everybody else, most of whom outrank her in the intelligence department. Loud and rude doesn't = right, but that's a lesson she never learned (nor will she).

I loved the other day when they were talking about some frivolous relationship drivel that Whoopi got all insecure about and made all about herself, Whoopi did the same thing that day, telling the others they don't know what they're talking about and Joy said, "Oh, please! Please, tell us, Great Whoopi!" or something along those lines. It had me cackling.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Like 9
  • Applause 4
1 hour ago, geekburger said:

Sunny actually pushed back on Whoopi’s wise and sage advice… on AI of things?

Yes and I was so happy about that! I cannot stand Whoopi and her Whoopi-splaining.

17 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Loud and rude doesn't = right, but that's a lesson she never learned (nor will she).

Loud and rude and WRONG!

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
5 hours ago, Blissfool said:
6 hours ago, geekburger said:

Sunny actually pushed back on Whoopi’s wise and sage advice… on AI of things?

Yes and I was so happy about that! I cannot stand Whoopi and her Whoopi-splaining.

Dear Whoopi, 

"The autonomous vehicles developed by Waymo utilize computer vision techniques and artificial intelligence to perceive the surrounding environment and make real-time decisions about how the vehicle should react and move."  Dec 9, 2022   You cut off and pissed off Sunny when she was trying to explain that her Tesla will have some additional artificial intelligence installed.  You pissed me off too; I wanted more information.  It IS possible for Sonny's Tesla to have something your Tesla doesn't have; it's also possible for her to have something you've never heard of.  I bet you're going to look into it rather than ask her about it--and then pretend that you knew about it ALL THE TIME.  The end.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2

Wow. Ana looks great (not that she didn't before -- she's a beautiful woman). Has she said how she lost her weight?

On 3/30/2023 at 6:31 AM, Back Atcha said:

The fabric was a HORROR and then...and THEN, someone figured how to make it WORSE on top.  Ruche? Pucker? Smock?  EGAD!

That's the thing. When Sara walked out in it, it didn't look that bad, because she is a pretty woman with a cute little figure, but the part that shows on TV is a nightmare that does no one any favors. I swear Sunny wore that nightmare before.

4 hours ago, Haleth said:

I hope today's show wasn't prerecorded.

It wasn't!

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

Thoughts about Brooke Shields:

It seemed as though Brooke still has conflicting feelings about Pretty Baby. In one sense, she feels it was well-done and a good movie, which was appreciated in Europe, especially, considering the awards it got versus the demonstrations (?) and criticism it received here in the U.S., probably due to her role as a child prostitute, but in another sense, she would never allow her own kids to do a film like that now. It may have to do with changing public opinions regarding how child actors are treated and the kind of themes that are acceptable in films. While Brooke felt hurt by the criticism, I wonder if she might recognize that the criticism was ahead of its time, in a way. 

IMO Brooke has more reasons than most people to resent her mother, due to their complicated relationship and how what her mother did helped and hurt Brooke.

Also, Joy tells Brooke she's "really a doll"? After opining that Mike Douglas was "creepy" for telling young Brooke she was a "pretty girl"?  If that was meant to be a witty callback to those old interviews, Joy miscalculated. It seemed a bit patronizing to me. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, General Days said:

Wow. Ana looks great (not that she didn't before -- she's a beautiful woman). Has she said how she lost her weight?

I think I heard her say on her Instagram that she takes one of those new diabetes drugs, because she was "borderline".  And now her doctor is happy

• Thanks 1
  • LOL 1
55 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:
5 hours ago, General Days said:

I think I heard her say on her Instagram that she takes one of those new diabetes drugs, because she was "borderline".  And now her doctor is happy

My middle-aged son's DIABETES medication (Ozempic...an injected med) prescribed because he has DIABETES (not "borderline") has been "out of stock" twice now.  Thank you, celebrities!

• Like 4
  • Sad 7
1 hour ago, lookeyloo said:

better that she can use a drug to get thin than to let the diabetics who need it have it, i guess?

• Sad 2
32 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

My middle-aged son's DIABETES medication (Ozempic...an injected med) prescribed because he has DIABETES (not "borderline") has been "out of stock" twice now.  Thank you, celebrities!

13 minutes ago, cinsays said:

better that she can use a drug to get thin than to let the diabetics who need it have it, i guess?

Oh, I'm not advocating for it for her or anyone that doesn't need it!!!!!!! I was just saying what I heard her say. I also read somewhere that if they want to come off it, the weight comes back.  So, there's that.

• Useful 1
On 3/28/2023 at 4:30 PM, After7Only said:

It was relevant to the conversation on the decline of patriotism.   I think all of the ladies had good points on the issue.   There are multiple reasons people are feeling less patriotic.   Many Black people have conflicted issues on patriotism like what Sunny and Whoopi discussed.   So I took Sunny's comments as Black people would feel better with some reparations (and therefore feel more patriotic).  

A lot of people think you can't be a good person or good American without being patriotic. I've never thought this attitude was fair since the American experience varies so greatly, and there are many reasons some people aren't patriotic. Can't go into all of them due to board rules.  

“I don’t love countries. Love is relationship between people. When you love countries there’s something wrong.” – Noam Chomsky

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
19 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

Oh, I'm not advocating for it for her or anyone that doesn't need it!!!!!!! I was just saying what I heard her say. I also read somewhere that if they want to come off it, the weight comes back.  So, there's that.

Oh, Lookeyloo...I didn't get that you were advocating.  I was glad to see it mentioned so I could whine!   My son's "numbers" are coming down and he has lost a little weight.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I've never thought this attitude was fair since the American experience varies so greatly, and there are many reasons some people aren't patriotic.

There will always be those who believe patriotism is ALL ABOUT flying a flag, "getting out there," and brag-brag-bragging about one's devotion.  We Americans are allowed to love our country quietly and still be patriots.  In my mind, complaining about things that need to be fixed--and trying to fix them is the height of patriotism.

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
1 minute ago, Back Atcha said:

There will always be those who believe patriotism is ALL ABOUT flying a flag, "getting out there," and brag-brag-bragging about one's devotion.  We Americans are allowed to love our country quietly and still be patriots.  In my mind, complaining about things that need to be fixed--and trying to fix them is the height of patriotism.

I don't look at loving a country the way I look at loving an individual, but I do 100% see this point.

I'm not a mother, but I think of it this way. Let's say you have this bright, beautiful child. They have all this potential, but they mess up a lot. Sometimes they cause others a lot of pain. If you love your child, wouldn't you want them to reach their full potential? Don't the issues bother you that much more because of your love? 

Ignoring the past, ignoring current issues, and not being concerned about the future isn't love. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, flummoxd said:

Or, Back Atcha, maybe Sunny was just so. damn. happy!

Yep!  I probably have Resting Bitch Face, so those who don't know me might wonder why I am so. damn. happy! too often.

• Wink 1