Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 3/27/2023

falltime
  • Start Topic

Monday, March 27 — Day of Hot Topics; Celebrating Women’s History Month with Justina Miles

Tuesday, March 28 — Katy Perry, Lionel Richie and Luke Bryan (ABC’s “American Idol”)

Wednesday, March 29 — Maurice Benard (ABC’s “General Hospital”)

Thursday, March 30— Kyra Sedgwick (director, “Space Oddity”); Women’s History Month tribute in honor of Barbara Walters

Friday, March 31 — Brooke Shields (“Pretty Baby: Brooke Shields”) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Whoopi is talking about herself and last years time out, isn’t she? Which makes no sense cause she was was told by her panelists it was wrong but dug in her heels, and then went on other shows and double downed?

Edited by geekburger
  • Like 3

Sorry, Whoopi. Claiming ignorance is fine but you still haven’t apologized for your own slip up last week. Yes, people deserve a chance to say “I messed up” but we’ve yet to hear those words from you. Ranting about it doesn’t sound like you’ve learned anything.

@geekburger, I think she’s talking about her racial slur last week. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Like 4
  • Applause 2
8 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Sorry, Whoopi. Claiming ignorance is fine but you still haven’t apologized for your own slip up last week. Yes, people deserve a chance to say “I messed up” but we’ve yet to hear those words from you. Ranting about it doesn’t sound like you’ve learned anything.

Oh, yes that one, too.

And now a Whoopi is so grateful speech?

• LOL 1
4 hours ago, Haleth said:

She apologized on twitter or social media... but not on the show.    But I do understand her argument that people of a certain age may or may not know that was considered offensive and to show some grace .   Much like today where Justina Miles explained why hearing impaired was offensive to the deaf community.  That was something I did not know, but have taken note now.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 8

Four months ago the Mississippi anchor had to publicly apologize for referring on air to her black coworkers grandmother as "grandmammy". This wasn't Weather Karen's first offense. Probably not even her hundredth. The cohosts neglected to mention that as they excused her behavior as, to quote the vomiting inducing L.L.Cool J and Brad Paisley song, "accidental racism".  She may want to look into some racism liability insurance because even if you don't mean to harm someone, if you do, you are still responsible. I call bullshit on her not knowing. She knew enough Snoop to quote him.  I am sure she will parlay this fame into a cushy job at the local Sinclair Group affiliate. 

Edited by GiveMeSpace
Added last sentence.
  • Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
34 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Four months ago the Mississippi anchor had to publicly apologize for referring on air to her black coworkers grandmother as "grandmammy". This wasn't Weather Karen's first offense. Probably not even her hundredth. The cohosts neglected to mention that as they excused her behavior as, to quote the vomiting inducing L.L.Cool J and Brad Paisley song, "accidental racism".  She may want to look into some racism liability insurance because even if you don't mean to harm someone, if you do, you are still responsible. I call bullshit on her not knowing. She knew enough Snoop to quote him.  I am sure she will parlay this fame into a cushy job at the local Sinclair Group affiliate. 

Sunny mentioned that part about her use of grandmammy.   She agreed she likely got fired because it wasn't her first offense.   

• Like 5
1 hour ago, After7Only said:

Sunny mentioned that part about her use of grandmammy.   She agreed she likely got fired because it wasn't her first offense.   

Thank you. I missed that. I really don't pay close attention to the show anymore but that topic caught my attention. I likely missed the first part. I thought Sunny was defending her. I will have to rewatch. 

8 hours ago, geekburger said:

Whoopi is talking about herself and last years time out, isn’t she? Which makes no sense cause she was was told by her panelists it was wrong but dug in her heels, and then went on other shows and double downed?

Actually there are so many instances that Whoopi has misspoken that it could be any one of dozens. 

2 hours ago, After7Only said:

Much like today where Justina Miles explained why hearing impaired was offensive to the deaf community.  That was something I did not know, but have taken note now.   

I had heard that there was an offensive term, but could never remember which is the bad one, hard of hearing or hearing impaired. This happens to me with the terms dwarf and m*****. I never remember which is the inoffensive one. Like Whoopi said before Justina's segment, there needs to be a book listing all the correct/incorrect terms. Oh, Whoopi...🤦🏻‍♀️

2 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

They did mention her previous racism.

FWIW, I had no idea that Snoop Dogg's term meant the n-word. I have heard that term numerous times! I think that, in an effort to come across as cool, I would have used that term in a similar fashion as the fired news anchor did. Good thing Snoop has never come up in my daily conversations.

I asked my 20 yr old son and he knew! He can't believe i didn't know. I seriously thought Snoop was just rhyming. 

• Like 1
16 hours ago, After7Only said:

This woman either wants to say offensive things or is incredibly ignorant of what is offensive.  For all of Whoopi's faults I don't think she intentionally says things to be offensive.  On the View anyways.  Her comedy act is different.

14 hours ago, Blissfool said:

I seriously thought Snoop was just rhyming. 

So did I.  But I usually don't pay attention to lyrics.  It was years before I knew Pumped Up Kicks was about a troubled and delusional young person with homicidal thoughts.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Blissfool said:

I think that, in an effort to come across as cool, I would have used that term in a similar fashion as the fired news anchor did. Good thing Snoop has never come up in my daily conversations.

I think if you hear things enough to feel familiar with them, you're more likely to use them yourself, even if you might use it incorrectly. It reminds me of Phil Dunphy on Modern Family, who thought "WTF" meant "why the face". :-) 

Obviously, the anchor isn't as important as Whoopi is, since Whoopi has used offensive terms or expressed offensive opinions* on a few occasions without getting fired. 

*Personally, I think that having offensive opinions on a show that deals with opinions is not a reason for termination, although if it is based on incorrect information, that should be discussed.

• Like 3

After Whoopi shut down the Sunny / Alyssa interaction about race being a factor in the decline of patriotism, she said that she thinks it is because people aren't taught about their rights, the laws, etc. which it seemed to me is what Alyssa said only a few minutes before when she pointed out the lack of Civics education. For a change, instead of just complaining about rising taxes, Whoopi did mention that those taxes don't seem to result in better services for people. This is exactly why citizens need to be informed and vote on local as well as state and federal issues. Make yourself heard - send emails to your representatives, support candidates that will be fiscally responsible, and so on. 

• Like 3

Sunny needs to fuck right off with her banging on about reparations, "the country will feel better with some reparations"????? How does she come up with such wonderful insights?  It's her constantly bringing it into as many conversations as possible with her sad little face that annoys me & I can't be alone. Don't spoil a decent conversation by dragging up the same thing over & over.

Edited by Welshman in Ca
  • Like 4
  • Applause 6
1 hour ago, Welshman in Ca said:

Sunny needs to fuck right off with her banging on about reparations, "the country will feel better with some reparations"????? How does she come up with such wonderful insights?  It's her constantly bringing it into as many conversations as possible with her sad little face that annoys me & I can't be alone. Don't spoil a decent conversation by dragging up the same thing over & over.

I have pretty much stopped watching The View because of Sunny bending over backwards to make EVERYTHING about race and reparations.

• Like 9
3 hours ago, Welshman in Ca said:

It was relevant to the conversation on the decline of patriotism.   I think all of the ladies had good points on the issue.   There are multiple reasons people are feeling less patriotic.   Many Black people have conflicted issues on patriotism like what Sunny and Whoopi discussed.   So I took Sunny's comments as Black people would feel better with some reparations (and therefore feel more patriotic).  To many reparations would be meaningful acknowledgement and acceptance of responsibility for what America has done to Black Americans over history.   The practicality and logistics of issuing reparations is a whole other debatable discussion.      

It's not like Sunny yells "reparations" in the middle of a View Your Deal segment.   She brings up racism in topics in which it is relevant.   Unfortunately, that is quite a few topics that happen in the news.   The discomfort that some feel when it is discussed on the show is why it still needs to be continued to be discussed.   

• Like 6
  • Applause 4
  • Love 2
On 3/27/2023 at 9:51 AM, 2JEWELL said:

Wow! Justina Miles was fantastic! 

Darn it, missed again due to preemption.  Why is hearing  impaired offensive?  Is there a preferred term?  Also what is the word the newswoman was fired for?  I want to make sure Ive never said it.  Which im not prone too anyway, but just want to make sure 

7 hours ago, geekburger said:

Joy nailed it in her response to Alyssa today.

I agree. My favorite part of what Joy said was the part about those hiding behind patriotism being the reason she will always hang the flag herself, that she refuses to allow the figures Sunny brought up to "own" the flag or to dictate what it stands for.

Both Whoopi and Alyssa often feel like they're spoiling for a fight of some kind though the others rarely ever give it to them. Alyssa does it more in stirring-the-pot fashion, of course. She seemed practically on the verge of salivating at the beginning of the patriotism topic like she was eager one of the others might step in a snare of some kind. When they didn't, she tried to start something with Sunny although thankfully Whoopi's tirade interrupted it before Sunny could get her response out. Not that Alyssa didn't deserve Sunny's ire, just that it most likely would've been giving her what she wanted.

• Like 3

Hey everybody. I hope you're doing well. I don't really watch the show these days, because I'm on a prolonged politics break, but I tuned in this morning out of forgetfulness. I have an important* two-part question:

1. What the hell was Sara wearing?

2. Did Sunny wear it, before? I hate it, but it doesn't feel like a new hatred. It's like if Meghan McCain returned, but as an ugly dress, instead of a mean-spirited narcissist (which I suppose is an improvement.)

theviewsarahainestheuglydresssunnyoncewore.thumb.jpg.fcccdcf0e0d9f3a946da38847bbb7bf7.jpg

On 3/27/2023 at 11:32 AM, Haleth said:

On 3/27/2023 at 4:40 PM, After7Only said:

She apologized on twitter or social media... but not on the show.    But I do understand her argument that people of a certain age may or may not know that was considered offensive and to show some grace.

Whoopi recorded an apology. The show chose to put it up on social media. I feel like that was production's decision, not Whoopi's. I'm not going to blame her for it.

Also, I remember learning and using the word she used, when I was a kid in the 1970s/80s. I had no idea it was connected to the pejorative used for Romani people until I was in my 30s or 40s. For the very longest time, I would have spelled it like jip/j*****, and thought it was just people riffing on ripped off in a rhymey sort of way and figured I just didn't get why it caught on.

Words like that can get quite ingrained in the brain, long before you know their origins, to the point where they become the word you think of and you don't even connect them to their origins as a slur. I don't think Whoopi meant any harm by it.

On 3/27/2023 at 7:41 PM, Blissfool said:

Actually there are so many instances that Whoopi has misspoken that it could be any one of dozens. 

I had heard that there was an offensive term, but could never remember which is the bad one, hard of hearing or hearing impaired. This happens to me with the terms dwarf and m*****. I never remember which is the inoffensive one. Like Whoopi said before Justina's segment, there needs to be a book listing all the correct/incorrect terms. Oh, Whoopi...🤦🏻‍♀️

I can never remember if hard of hearing or hearing impaired is the acceptable term, either.

Here's a tip for dwarf vs. m*****, though. Dwarfism is a real physical condition, which is why dwarf is an acceptable word. The plural is spelled D-W-A-R-F-S for real people (whereas "dwarves" is the way it is spell the fantasy characters in Snow White and Lord of the Rings). Little people is the best umbrella term to use, in the US, when describing people of short stature, though. And if you think about it, m***** just sounds a little too cutesy.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

Does Sunny think that people who don't have mental health issues shoot up schools? She says that most people with mental health issues are more likely to be victims than perpetrators - I think this is probably true. It is also true that most people with guns (even the "assault-types") don't use them to commit crimes or shoot up schools. So, the people who commit mass shootings have access to weapons (legally or not) and have a state of mind that most people would consider "ill" (because healthy, sane people don't go around killing people for no reason at all). That intersection is where efforts to resolve this should be focused.

Banning a particular type of gun might reduce the number of people shot in a mass shooting incident, but it doesn't automatically mean that there will be fewer incidents, because people who are bent on destruction will obtain some weapon to use. Reducing the number of people shot is not a bad goal, but it is hardly the ultimate solution that Sunny suggests it is.

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

Does Sunny think that people who don't have mental health issues shoot up schools? She says that most people with mental health issues are more likely to be victims than perpetrators - I think this is probably true. It is also true that most people with guns (even the "assault-types") don't use them to commit crimes or shoot up schools. So, the people who commit mass shootings have access to weapons (legally or not) and have a state of mind that most people would consider "ill" (because healthy, sane people don't go around killing people for no reason at all). That intersection is where efforts to resolve this should be focused.

Banning a particular type of gun might reduce the number of people shot in a mass shooting incident, but it doesn't automatically mean that there will be fewer incidents, because people who are bent on destruction will obtain some weapon to use. Reducing the number of people shot is not a bad goal, but it is hardly the ultimate solution that Sunny suggests it is.

The only ultimate solution would be to ban all guns from public sales but that's never going to happen so tighter controls on all assault type weapons makes the most sense and has been proven to reduce mass shootings no matter how much people try to deny it. There is not 1 reason for anyone to have an AR15 type weapon except to kill, that's what they were made to do & that isn't up for debate.

As for what Sunny thinks, who knows but what you seem to be saying is that only people with mental health issues shoot up schools whereas the truth as usual is somewhere between both viewpoints.

Maybe no company with an interest should be able to pay to interfere in politics & party policies as everything seems to be about the money & yes that applies to both sides. People who think that politicians on either side can remain impartial when lobbyists & by extension big companies are paying their bills is living in cloud cuckoo land with the NRA being the poster child for buying votes.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
2 minutes ago, Welshman in Ca said:

As for what Sunny thinks, who knows but what you seem to be saying is that only people with mental health issues shoot up schools whereas the truth as usual is somewhere between both viewpoints.

I can't think of a case where a person who is well-balanced, with no mental or emotional issues (because some emotional disorders can be indistinguishable from mental issues in the common, non-diagnostic sense) shoots up a school. What kind of provocation would result in that? Shooting the person who bullied you might be understandable in some way, but then why shoot other people as well? That's one place where somewhat righteous anger tips over into a mental and/or emotional issue, IMO. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

I can't think of a case where a person who is well-balanced, with no mental or emotional issues (because some emotional disorders can be indistinguishable from mental issues in the common, non-diagnostic sense) shoots up a school. What kind of provocation would result in that? Shooting the person who bullied you might be understandable in some way, but then why shoot other people as well? That's one place where somewhat righteous anger tips over into a mental and/or emotional issue, IMO. 

The better point that Sunny later made, was that there are people with the same rate of mental illness in Japan and every other country.  But those countries don't have the mass shootings, or mass killings of any kind that America has.   Therefore to her the issue is guns and not mental illness.   

• Like 20
  • Applause 1
38 minutes ago, Welshman in Ca said:

Maybe no company with an interest should be able to pay to interfere in politics & party policies as everything seems to be about the money & yes that applies to both sides. People who think that politicians on either side can remain impartial when lobbyists & by extension big companies are paying their bills is living in cloud cuckoo land with the NRA being the poster child for buying votes.

As Joy always says follow the money.  Unless we get money out of politics things will never change.

28 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

I can't think of a case where a person who is well-balanced, with no mental or emotional issues (because some emotional disorders can be indistinguishable from mental issues in the common, non-diagnostic sense) shoots up a school.

The sticking point for me is school shootings are premeditated.  The person has to arm themselves and go to the school.  There are so many opportunities for that person to change their mind.  I don't think all school shooters are the same.  Some are probably mentally ill or have emotional disorders but some are probably just plain evil.  Eric Harris from Columbine comes to mind.  The person in Nashville earlier this week I honestly don't know what to think about them.

31 minutes ago, After7Only said:

Therefore to her the issue is guns and not mental illness.   

For whatever reason, most likely the access to assault weapons, people with mental/emotional problems now harm other people.  It used to be they harmed themselves and are still more likely to do that.  My grandmother had mental/emotional problems.  There was a gun in the house and she used it to kill herself.  

• Sad 3
1 hour ago, General Days said:

Whoopi recorded an apology. The show chose to put it up on social media. I feel like that was production's decision, not Whoopi's. I'm not going to blame her for it.

I don’t look at the View’s social media sites and don’t even have a Twitter account so I would not have known about Whoopi’s apology. I’m sure I’m not the only one. It would have taken about 30 seconds for her to say something on the show. (Had she wanted to do so I’m sure the producer would not have overruled her.). Nope, instead she coyly hinted about how the faux pas wasn’t her fault so it should be handwaved away.

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I don’t look at the View’s social media sites and don’t even have a Twitter account so I would not have known about Whoopi’s apology. I’m sure I’m not the only one. It would have taken about 30 seconds for her to say something on the show. (Had she wanted to do so I’m sure the producer would not have overruled her.). Nope, instead she coyly hinted about how the faux pas wasn’t her fault so it should be handwaved away.

This "faux pas" didn't get as much media attention as her other faux pas. My guess is they did the social media apology so less people would know about it.

• Applause 1
  • Useful 2

I get emails from The Washington Post (don't have a subscription, so I can't follow-up on the articles).  Here's the teaser that arrived in my email:  Many police officers now carry AR-15s. They still feel outgunned.   America’s obsession with the AR-15 has consequences. In policing, the weapon on any given day can be an officer’s greatest threat or their most important tool.

3 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

As Joy always says follow the money.  Unless we get money out of politics things will never change.

I think it's too late.  Too many are willing to sell out for the right amount...some for any amount.

• Sad 3
  • Useful 1
On 3/27/2023 at 1:40 PM, After7Only said:

Much like today where Justina Miles explained why hearing impaired was offensive to the deaf community.  That was something I did not know, but have taken note now.   

On 3/27/2023 at 4:41 PM, Blissfool said:

I never remember which is the inoffensive one. Like Whoopi said before Justina's segment, there needs to be a book listing all the correct/incorrect terms.

I agree...but the minute those books are wet off the presses, rules will change.  I grew up with these rules:

• Use Negro ... not Black person  (I never heard the term "N-word" growing up.)
  • Use Gay...then don't use Gay--but NEVER say Queer ... Now Queer is perfectly fine.
  • Deaf and Dumb sounds bad, but it was accepted terminology for YEARS.

Here's something from July 2013:  "In 1991, the World Federation of the Deaf voted to use the official terms deaf and hard of hearing. The National Association of the Deaf supports these terms, and they are used by most organizations involved with the Deaf community.

There are continual disagreements in the deaf community over terms...but MORE, whether to raise one's deaf child with hearing aids (all sorts), ASL, lip-reading, deaf schools. Most times, decisions depend on whether the family is deaf. 

• Like 2
On 3/28/2023 at 10:35 AM, Welshman in Ca said:

Sunny needs to fuck right off with her banging on about reparations, "the country will feel better with some reparations"????? How does she come up with such wonderful insights? 

On 3/28/2023 at 2:30 PM, After7Only said:

So I took Sunny's comments as Black people would feel better with some reparations (and therefore feel more patriotic).  To many reparations would be meaningful acknowledgement and acceptance of responsibility for what America has done to Black Americans over history. 

On 3/28/2023 at 12:24 PM, Bronzedog said:

Sunny needs to fuck right off with her banging on about reparations, "the country will feel better with some reparations"????? How does she come up with such wonderful insights?  It's her constantly bringing it into as many conversations as possible with her sad little face that annoys me & I can't be alone.

If Sunny would say something about HOW Reparations would work--if Production would give her the time, I'd like her to introduce the topic by saying, "MY family is doing just fine. My family, in fact, is doing great, but there are families all over the U.S. who have suffered for generations.  Here is what I think would help."  Usually Sunny seems so personally deprived by the lack of Reparations-- or anything resembling actual consideration.

Her "sad little face" was mentioned by Welshman in Ca.  Her "drama" doesn't help things.

• Like 3

It's always annoyed me when the co-hosts interrupt each other, but lately, I've been noticing one person does it more than anyone, and that is Sara.  I like Sara, but geez, I've missed so many things lately that someone else said because Sara had to interject a joke or comment at the exact same time the other person is saying something.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, flummoxd said:

And...someone in Wardrobe should burn that hideous brown-splotched dress before they force it on another unfortunate!

The fabric was a HORROR and then...and THEN, someone figured how to make it WORSE on top.  Ruche? Pucker? Smock?  EGAD!

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
9 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

It's always annoyed me when the co-hosts interrupt each other, but lately, I've been noticing one person does it more than anyone, and that is Sara

Maybe because she has to?  It's been more than one segment lately where Whoopi has had to throw to break and says, "We'll come back to hear what Sara has to say".  Us Iowans are polite and we were taught never to interrupt and wait until the other person is done talking.  When I got out into the cold, cruel world, I quickly realized that I have to interrupt sometimes or I would never get a chance to talk!😉

• Like 6
55 minutes ago, HerkyJerky said:

Maybe because she has to?  It's been more than one segment lately where Whoopi has had to throw to break and says, "We'll come back to hear what Sara has to say".  Us Iowans are polite and we were taught never to interrupt and wait until the other person is done talking.  When I got out into the cold, cruel world, I quickly realized that I have to interrupt sometimes or I would never get a chance to talk!😉

But the interruptions are often not to make a point.  I don't mind those.  I'm referring to when she simply inserts a lame joke or throws in a four- or five-word comment at the same time someone else is talking.  I'm tired of having to rewind to hear what the other person said, and even then sometimes I can't figure it out.  Like I said, I like Sara, and I know she's not the only one who does it, but it seems like lately, she does it more than anyone else.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

The fabric was a HORROR and then...and THEN, someone figured how to make it WORSE on top.  Ruche? Pucker? Smock?  EGAD!

It looked like one of those online projects where someone makes a garment out of some random material. Not flattering at all. I hope that someone realized it needed to be recycled into something useful, like cleaning cloths. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
3 hours ago, Haleth said:

Why does Sunny need to travel with an entourage?  I’d tell her hell no too. 

I vaguely remembered when this was discussed a while ago, and I remember being so affronted at the time by Sunny's/her entourage's (perfect word for it) lack of social grace and etiquette.  Is she soooo important?  

Anyone that I invite to my home is welcome, and anyone from their immediate family that they may want to ask me if it is okay to bring along is also welcome.  However, asking to bring (or just bringing) an extra TWENTY people is all kinds of rude and puts the host (Joy) on the spot.  It's like the original person invited has decided to "host" their own party within your party - using your home, your food, your alcohol, etc.  I don't blame Joy for going to bed!!  At that point, it's no longer Joy's party - why would she stay? 

I was annoyed with Sunny when she brought this past situation up during the segment, because it took away from what may have been a lighthearted, funny discussion among the panel.  She does this childlike pouty thing when she thinks she's been wronged and takes it to the next level.  She totally derailed the discussion with her faux outrage and feeling insulted, when in reality, it should have been Joy feeling insulted and taken advantage of.  I think Whoopi wasn't thrilled with the way the discussion went, either.

Sunny's sense of entitlement is really beginning to annoy me.  I don't know if it was always this way and was just overshadowed by the previous co-host's (Megan) even greater sense of entitlement, but it is very apparent now.  It's not cute, it's not funny, it's just not nice.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Like 11
  • Applause 3
19 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

If Sunny would say something about HOW Reparations would work--if Production would give her the time, I'd like her to introduce the topic by saying, "MY family is doing just fine. My family, in fact, is doing great, but there are families all over the U.S. who have suffered for generations.  Here is what I think would help."  Usually Sunny seems so personally deprived by the lack of Reparations-- or anything resembling actual consideration.

Much like today's discussion on what is A.I, reparations is a topic that would be better discussed if we all had a similar point of reference/definitions.   There's a lot of proposals on how it might be done.    However, it's important to note that Reparations paid to other groups previously was never need based.   Sunny may be doing fine, but that doesn't negate the harm done to generations of of her family and community.  

Re: the A.I. discussion, Whoopi came across like those lawmakers in Sarah's clip.   She doesn't know enough to speak on it.  I agree with Sunny, that self-driving cars seem like A.I to me.   But Whoopi seems to think only those Chat bots that's been in the news lately is.  

• Like 4

I'm curious about how it is that Sunny has 20 people available to go to someone else's house or party. I can see if she ended up with conflicting events and asked if they could "merge", but how often would something like that happen? It really got weird when Whoopi said that one time she asked if she could bring 20 people over, and Whoopi said "no", so Sunny showed up with only 3 extra people. What happened to the other 17??? Did she just say, "Sorry guys, you have to go home", or was it a case where she hadn't actually rounded up the other 17 yet, but would if Whoopi agreed? So, so strange. I once brought an extra person to a party, but it was a little uncomfortable because he wasn't invited, and we ended up just staying for about 20 minutes and leaving. I haven't done that since.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, njbchlover said:

It's like the original person invited has decided to "host" their own party within your party - using your home, your food, your alcohol, etc. 

Perhaps this is a situation where it would be appropriate for the host (Joy) to hand the guest (Sunny) a bill… for catering Sunny’s party!

Whoopi’s argument with Sunny about AI was ridiculous. Of course self driving cars use AI. That’s the point, the cars are making the decisions!

Edited by Haleth
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1

I was very confused when the show started and Whoopi said Alyssa had Covid, I thought I hadn’t taken previous recording off my DVR.   When she returned after having it I thought she must not have been hit hard ( my best friends were really sick!)   
The 20 extra people people Sunny brings are probably at her place in the Hamptons.   I’m with Joy and have done the same thing.  . I prepare all day getting things just perfect and wind up not eating during the busy preparation, then have drinks and a snack and wander off to bed leaving my husband hold down the fort.  . Anyway you look at it it’s ballsy.  Wonder If Sunny’s husband is one of the 3 that made the cut to Whoopi’s?  He seems like a reasonable / classy person you’d think he’d discourage that behavior. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, After7Only said:

Much like today's discussion on what is A.I, reparations is a topic that would be better discussed if we all had a similar point of reference/definitions.   There's a lot of proposals on how it might be done.    However, it's important to note that Reparations paid to other groups previously was never need based.   Sunny may be doing fine, but that doesn't negate the harm done to generations of of her family and community.  

Re: the A.I. discussion, Whoopi came across like those lawmakers in Sarah's clip.   She doesn't know enough to speak on it.  I agree with Sunny, that self-driving cars seem like A.I to me.   But Whoopi seems to think only those Chat bots that's been in the news lately is.  

Whoopi's rude slam at Sunny that she didn't know what AI was and that she (W) had to school her on it was awful.  I wouldn't trust Whoopi's knowledge on anything unrelated to acting.  She thinks she's a lot smarter than she is.

• Like 8
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
3 minutes ago, cinsays said:

Whoopi's rude slam at Sunny that she didn't know what AI was and that she (W) had to school her on it was awful.  I wouldn't trust Whoopi's knowledge on anything unrelated to acting.  She thinks she's a lot smarter than she is.

Sunny's face was a picture when that happened but I don't think either of them know enough about it to be schooling the other. I could see what Whoopie was trying to say but Sunny couldn't & it seemed to be that both got frustrated with the other.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, cinsays said:

Yeah...Whoopi that "all knowing sage," who has people suck up to her too often about all the wrong things.  As for acting...I assume any advice she has would not work for everyone.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, KittyQ said:

I'm curious about how it is that Sunny has 20 people available to go to someone else's house or party.

I think Sunny mentions her "posse" now and then.  They're her "close" friends...probably every one of them afraid to tell her NO when she demands requests something--even getting dressed (well) and showing up somewhere NOW!  She has a group speed-dial and group email chain.

2 hours ago, njbchlover said:

She does this childlike pouty thing when she thinks she's been wronged and takes it to the next level.  She totally derailed the discussion with her faux outrage and feeling insulted.......

She's been doing this more often lately.  She seems unhappy every day, and recently mentioning that "things aren't easy" in her home is something new. THEN she says "many people in her family" have mental health issues. How MANY is MANNY...oops, MANY? Is she included? Maybe it's time for Sunny to leave The View and concentrate on her perfect life (husband and children, of course), her chickens, her novels, her new production company (and greenlit series).

2 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Sunny's sense of entitlement is really beginning to annoy me.  I don't know if it was always this way and was just overshadowed by the previous co-host's (Megan) even greater sense of entitlement, but it is very apparent now.  It's not cute, it's not funny, it's just not nice.

Edited by Back Atcha
3 hours ago, Haleth said:

Why does Sunny need to travel with an entourage?  I’d tell her hell no too. 

Because Sunny now believes and hypes her own hype.  She thinks she's really somethin' and needs to act like the STAR she is.  It's gonna bite her in the butt.  Her early life of deprivation (was it really?) ... or perception thereof created a needy person--very needy.  She has attained so much--but it will never be enough.  Joy suggests therapy to her often ... and it would benefit her (and the viewers) greatly.

• Like 1