Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: Episode One

• Start Topic

Pip, an orphan yearning for a greater lot in life, has a chance encounter with escaped convict Magwitch that sets him on an unexpected path and into the clutches of the mysterious, eccentric Miss Havisham, who shows him a dark world of possibilities.

Airdate: March 26, 2023

• Like 1
1 hour ago, pasdetrois said:

I've watched three episodes and the series hasn't grabbed me.

We’ve just got done reading the novel in book Club. Like most Dickens stories, even his grimmest, there is humor to be found. This production is humorless and unrelentingly grim. 

• Like 3

I watched the first episode, but like pasdetrois, it didn't really grab me. I was surprised because I was drawn in by the initial preview clips and GE is a favorite book. I'm hoping the next few give me reason to finish it out, but I'm not sure. *shrugs*

All the reviews saying it was dark and gritty and dirty were certainly on point, though, lol.

On 4/3/2023 at 1:08 AM, Juneau Gal said:

So, am I the only one watching this? 
The production quality is excellent as per usual for the BBC. The liberties taken with the story are questionable. 

The thing with Pips sister came out of nowhere.

Edited by Constant Viewer
  • Like 1