Type keyword(s) to search

S48.E16: Quinta Brunson / Lil Yachty

• Start Topic

(edited)

Just here to reiterate that Quinta is amazing. I watch Abbott, and she’s great in the show and she’s also the show runner. She has so much to say about education, but she’s doing it in a way that reaches people. She was so on point in every sketch on SNL. Great actress and comedian. 

Edited by EtheltoTillie
  • Like 3
On 4/2/2023 at 11:59 PM, DearEvette said:

That traffic sketch was hysterical.  Just flat out funny.  Kudos to Quinta and Mikey.  They killed it.

This was my favorite sketch in a funny episode. I especially liked Mikey running for "race-ist" and how he eventually started pointing to Chloe like Quinta did to indicate "bish." 

• Like 1
On 4/2/2023 at 8:32 AM, Ottis said:

I spent the entire “bathroom/cocaine” skit thinking that if it was about opium or crack and the jokes were about Asian or Black stereotypes, the internet would have exploded.

The driving dad wasn’t much better, though the way that played out was fun.

Which got me thinking, I guess the only people it is OK to make fun of are (usually older) white men (often overweight and bald).

Loved the host. Haven’t seen the show she is on, but may check it out now. 

Also lived Che messing with Jost.

Later update: Finally saw the skits after WU. Like others, not sure what the point of the harassment skit was, other than making fun of men or male tropes (even if these men were played by women).

It finally hit me that the please don’t destroy guys have always reminded me of really lame Beastie Boys.

Hey Ottis. What Did You Not Like About The Driving Sketch ? Did You Think Mikey Did Not Defend His Daughter ? Did You Think Mikey Was Too Obsessed With The Other Car ? Did You Think Mikey Got Too  Upset About Getting Cut OFF ? Did You Think Mikey Should Have Paid More Attention To His Driving Even IF They Were Just Sitting There In Traffic ? 

On 4/2/2023 at 8:37 AM, SHD said:

I can’t believe that sexual harassment sketch made it to air. 

Quinta has star quality.

I was wondering what was wrong with the WU audience. What a great prank and great reaction from Jost.

I hated that cold open. It wasn’t worse than some of their others but this one just seemed particularly pointless to me. 

By my local time, the show seemed to be running past midnight but Quinta’s ending goodbyes sounded like someone told her to stretch because the show ran short. Then she got cut off anyway. Odd.

I Think The Host Got Nervous And Wanted To Make Sure She Thanked Every Body Including Her People And Her Parents ! ! ! 

On 4/2/2023 at 6:08 PM, heatherchandler said:

This is crazy to me!  To think that a grown woman should not see a human body.  

I think this episode was better than maybe any other episode this season.  I actually loved all of the sketches.  

Thank You Heather ! My Favorite Sketch Was In The Car ! I Did Not Care For Week End Update ! I Thought Both Songs Were Interesting With The Grass And The Stars ! !