Type keyword(s) to search

Are You The One? - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I can see the gene pool that Alexis comes from (didn't one of her relatives help to murder her friend?).  She loves chaos, crisis and drama.  She is also unable to keep from cheating on her partners and likes the explosions that it causes.  I will never believe that this show isn't set up by production.  No one learned a damn thing but oh,well!

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

I can see the gene pool that Alexis comes from (didn't one of her relatives help to murder her friend?).  She loves chaos, crisis and drama.  She is also unable to keep from cheating on her partners and likes the explosions that it causes.  I will never believe that this show isn't set up by production.  No one learned a damn thing but oh,well!

It doesn't have to be set up by production. They chose young people that aren't interested in actually changing. They just do what they always do and learn nothing maybe until they get older. They aren't looking for mature sensible people. 

Eh. They got a little money they will blow through in months. At least it was overall entertaining. I think there has been one or maybe two legitimate love stories to comes out of this show in six seasons. That let's me to know to never take it too seriously. None of these people are truly ready for a mature relationship. Maybe they shouldn't be at their age but being more mature in general would be nice.

I see e money is (Evan) is on wild n out as cast member now on MTV so good for him. He actually used this to get a real job. People from that show often good jobs elsewhere. Hosting gigs, Saturday night live, movies, tv, etc, big YouTube followings, etc.

• Love 1

So I hate that I'm overthinking this (or trying to, with a damaged memory card for a brain) BUT I can't help but think that somehow there was some production assistance after last season's failure to find perfect matches ... while I understand why Alexis would want to dump Keith after he burned (Bridget?) ... I would have been horrified as well ... but for her to just "out of the blue" pick someone else (Anthony whom she'd never even spoken to basically?) after everyone had figured out who they were going to pick? And then for the fallout to work out perfectly?

ETA: This, of course, assumes that they were not bright enough to figure out the right matchups without help. Maybe they were. But if so, then I guess they had to resort to really drastic tactics on the Keith-Alexis front and if Bridget (that was the "lovey's" name, right?) was legitimately her childhood precious lovey then that is just really cold. I hope if it's the case that they made a fake duplicate Bridget. 

I'm actually glad they "won" but I cannot believe they weren't given a little bit of outside help.

Looking forward to next week's reunion, though I'll be a few days late watching it ...

Edited by PamelaMaeSnap
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

So I hate that I'm overthinking this (or trying to, with a damaged memory card for a brain) BUT I can't help but think that somehow there was some production assistance after last season's failure to find perfect matches ... while I understand why Alexis would want to dump Keith after he burned (Bridget?) ... I would have been horrified as well ... but for her to just "out of the blue" pick someone else (Anthony whom she'd never even spoken to basically?) after everyone had figured out who they were going to pick? And then for the fallout to work out perfectly?

ETA: This, of course, assumes that they were not bright enough to figure out the right matchups without help. Maybe they were. But if so, then I guess they had to resort to really drastic tactics on the Keith-Alexis front and if Bridget (that was the "lovey's" name, right?) was legitimately her childhood precious lovey then that is just really cold. I hope if it's the case that they made a fake duplicate Bridget. 

I'm actually glad they "won" but I cannot believe they weren't given a little bit of outside help.

Looking forward to next week's reunion, though I'll be a few days late watching it ...

I think what happens is that by the end of the season, they have enough information to do deductive reasoning. Even the failure last year was because of a two couple screw up. It could almost always go the other way with one false move. 

Omg, I would hate Alexis IRL, and she and Keith are SOOOO toxic together, but damn were they entertaining!

I call BS on them getting all 11 matches on their own. That was wayyyy too lucky. 

I can't wait for the reunion; it should be an amazing shit-show.

After weeks of searching for love and playing for money, the Season 6 cast reunites to give insider info on the explosive moments, spill tea on the unseen drama, and reveal what’s gone down since leaving the house.

What happened to Keith?  Yike, he does not look good. That outfit made him look like a chubby clown and I actually thought that he was rather cute before. Tyler looks much better with hair shorter and he's obviously a fan favorite if the audience is any indication. What he said about the girls was spot on - they were all too busy being in competition with each other to make any real connections.  I felt very bad for Kenyata whose secret was revealed on camera and in front of  a national TV audience. And by the way girls, if Michael is riding  " bareback" ( as we used to say in the old days) you girls are all in danger of STD's - this is just a microcosm of the action he must be used to on the outside. Who knew that Nicole, who barely got any screen time as I remember, was getting so much action?  I would have thought that Alexis and Geles were the most active in the house.  I had no favorites among the girls, but Tyler and Evan remain my favorites among the guys. Guess I prefer "losers".

• Love 1

Yeah that outfit did not do Keith any favors- what was he thinking?? And I am thinking Jada is not going to be any more likable now than during the show. She seemed to be expecting to be the most desired in the house and pissed off when she wasn’t. I think Alexis has some serious issues to deal with. Love Joe and Ethan although I keep mixing them up lol.  Hope Tyler finds a good one ?

Malcolm just doesn't get it. He's quick to point out double standards but the reason so much blame was directed at him is because he was the one that had two people interested in him. Any fool could recognize that he was the one with the power in that situation. He used that power to take from both women without any honesty or transparency and that's why he got the reputation he got in the house. He made both women feel like he was ready to be down for the cause with them and then turned around and got physical with the other woman.

I'm just going to give the show the benefit of the doubt and assume that they make sure that all participants have a final testing to ensure they are free of STDs. So that aside, not wrapping it up when you're not even on any other form of contraception is stupid. Michael and Keyana made a stupid decision but I feel bad that Keyana had to deal with that scare in front of cameras and around a house full of people who she didn't know all that well.

Geles can say what she wants about Tyler but he was completely right about the lust factor. These people walk into the house and immediately assume that their potential matches are all the people they are most immediately attracted to in a physical way. Just because you say the feelings were real doesn't mean that you aren't any less evidence to every social experiment out there (including this show). Promising a group of people that love is within their reach in a house full of people that you have to live with for six weeks straight, it creates a bubble independent from reality and it influences your objectivity. The same way the Bachelor franchise relies on promising love and marriage to hopefuls and creating these magical dates and experiences that are designed so that participants can buy into the premise and make themselves vulnerable. That's what makes for the drama on TV. Geles and co. are no different. Add the physical intimacy aspect that this show encourages and it's game over. You get messy drama that the networks just lap up.

Keith, that outfit is just no.

8 hours ago, gunderda said:

So I think from the comment "Taylor is backstage" when talking about who Joe hooked up with probably means that Joe and Taylor are back together? 

This part 1 was super boring. 

That was what I thought too ... and I confess that I was so completely disenchanted with Taylor in her reappearance on this show (while I have a super grandma-sized and age-inappropriate crush on Joe) that that really bugs me. 

8 hours ago, Cherry Cola said:

Wow...this group got around!! I missed the Nicole part...who was she getting action from? 

I was shocked by the hook up of Joe and Alexis.  And more than once! 

Same here on the Joe-Alexis situation, but then again in the regular quickie clipfest of the season they kept showing a pretty major liplock between Joe and Alexis and I couldn't remember seeing that on the show per se so maybe they just had a lot of outtakes and for whatever reason didn't follow up on that relationship. 

• Love 1

I'm all for single people sleeping with whomever they choose, but I have to say, I really hope that these folks use condoms. 

I hope that Alexis shows up on The Challenge in the future. She is the exact right type of crazy that is needed in reality T.V.

• Love 4

Watching Alexis try to keep track of Uche and Jada's screaming match was pretty much what I looked like watching it from home. Jada looked all kinds of bad in that showdown and in her post-show comments about Clinton 'settling'. Jada did the most to distract from the fact that her entire storyline this season revolved around a man that didn't seem to show any genuine interest in her, even when she outwardly pursued him. And besides that, she was one girl who didn't really have anyone pursue her. I think what she expected and what she got out of the house was a harsh reality for her to come to terms with (both while filming and since filming). Jada did act a fool and found it disrespectful that Clinton called her out for it yet she wants to talk about disrespect when she not long before called the man the n word. Being a woman doesn't mean that you can't be called out for your shit and being a woman doesn't mean that you get to show disrespect while respecting the most in return. 

Geles stuck around because she's needy, duh. She's also clueless. She totally proved Uche's point by the end of it.  She was hooking up with guys and trying to get their attention because she was mad at Anthony and wanted to feel like she was proving a point to him or getting back at him. With Clinton, the crux of the issue was her saying one thing to Uche and then doing the opposite behind Uche's back by making moves on Clinton. Whether Clinton reciprocated the flirtation had nothing to do with Uche or Diandra's point. 

WTF, I can't keep track of who slept with who. I hope they use protection. 

Alexis is crazy but there's something endearing about her, lol. 

• Love 3

About halfway through I completely understood why they made it a two part reunion.  Holy crap, they've been busy since the season.  I really hope that they're using protection.

I watch AYTO but stopped watching the Real World a few years ago.  With now six seasons of AYTO with casts varying from 20-22, they really do outnumber the Real World people when it comes to Challenge participants.  I guess I forgot that both Hunter & Nelson were AYTO peeps.

Anyhoo, while I do like Alexis, it bugged me that Shanley was slammed for her Twitter comment re: Alexis' cousin.  Alexis herself brought up her cousin being a murderer on the show, in a very joking matter.  I don't think anyone would've known about it had she not mentioned it.  So why all of sudden is it some huge sob story that forced Alexis to hide out for years?  

• Love 1

Everyone looked uglier at the reunion than they did on the show with the exception of Tyler and Diandra. 

Alivia's dress probably bugged me more than it should have, but it was not flattering on her. Neither the color nor the cut or fit. Also that cancer called Kareem doesn't do her any favors either. 

Edited by MVFrostsMyPie
  • Love 1

Episode 1:

"Leap of Fate"

The summer heats up when 22 singles jet off to Hawaii to undergo the series’ signature matchmaking process in hopes of finding their “perfect match” and splitting a $1 million cash prize.

Episode 2:

"Flirt At Your Own Risk"

Zak provokes the wrath of Bria and Tevin and Kenya's player ways threaten their budding romance.

Airing August 15, 2018.

I'm pretty new to "Are You the One" as I have only watched season 6 cause it was filmed in New Orleans and I wanted to see how my hometown was portrayed (pretty good, if I don't mind saying) and enjoyed the stupidity of the contestants looking for love on TeeVee.  

I'm looking forward to the new season and maybe one day I'll go back and watch the earlier seasons if they are available for streaming. 

Bria is obviously looking to be the “star villain”of AYTO, which means she’ll get a spot on the Challenge and continue her reality star career, because no one gets that attached to one guy, and makes such a fool of themselves unless they are looking to be infamous. Either that or she’s totally mentally ill and they should have screened these people better.

• Love 5

Where the fuck do they find these people?

And there are absolutely people that get that attached that quick. People that need help. But, they exist.

There is also maybe two people on the show that seem to be trying to change their shitty ways. No one else is.

Let the shitshow begin.

• Love 4

Where is Bria from? She looks familiar. Maybe I've seen her mugshot online or something. 

All these people are so fucking trashy and pathetic and I feel old as fuck watching them (and I'm only 32). They make the idiots on Bachelor in Paradise look civilized and mature. Is it a prereq to have at least one STI to apply to this show? I love that this show is sponsored by Trojan. Go figure. This is one of those shows I'll be fast forwarding through a lot of. 

Bria and Gio should get together and compete for who is the biggest loose screw.

I wish they had more dorks and awkward people like Evan from last season, instead of recruited instagram models.

• Love 5

Is it me or is the cast this season wildly unattractive??  I don't normally comment on people's appearance, but these are people who signed up to be on a reality dating show, so all bets are off.  There are only one or two who I think are really attractive, and most of them aren't even "normal person" attractive.  It's just odd.

• Love 5

I always kinda wish for a blackout the first time, so all those "married at first sight" pairs know they aren't matches. Now I want to go back through the rest of the seasons and see how many pairs in the first couple spotlight ceremonies thought they were soulmate matches at the time or if they were all random "gotta pick someone" matches.

It looked promising when people were coming in saying "Look, we have to get to know everyone!" then the "We had a talk off in a quiet corner and now we're married!" started.

ETA Just watched the second ep - holy crap, how did Bria get through the psych eval?

Edited by CoyoteBlue
Bria be CRAY
  • Love 4

Uhh, Bria is scary and really annoying.  Run Zak!!

Tevin is very attractive. He also sounds like Steven Tyler while speaking.  Kenya is pretty, but obviously doesn't want just one man.  

I agree with above poster, this is not a very attractive cast.  Just a few good looking people. 

While watching them all grind on each other in the beginning, I just thought how sad this show is.  Is this the 2018 dating pool? Yuck. 

I would like to add...Please MTV don't reward shitty creepy behaviour by putting Bria on The Challenge.  No thanks!! I don't want to see her on any other show!!!!

Edited by Cherry Cola

Just got finished watching both episodes and the look on Lewis' face when he caught Zak kissing Nutsa was soooooo funny.    

I too don't know how Bria got through the psych evaluation. Its actually kinda sad that she's that way.  And I have to hand it to Asia (I think that's her name) for trying to calm her down.  

As for the others, agree that the only attractive guy is Tevin so I can why multiple girls are circulating around Zak as pickings are slim, even if that means taking on Bria's insanity.    

I think the only one I really care to find out who her true match is Samantha as just from the first episode, I can't see any of the guys being a match for her.   It would be funny if it ends up being Lewis!

• Love 1

Bria definitely has some sort of personality disorder. I feel like that's said of a lot of reality tv dingdongs, but she's definitely got something that she's not medicating for and desperately needing therapy for. I was thinking BPD, at least. 

15 hours ago, Cherry Cola said:

Kenya is pretty, but obviously doesn't want just one man.  

I confess I found her really unattractive (from the neck up) ... it's like she modeled her face out of putty. There was just something weird and waxy about her. 

Tevin is beautiful (the Clinton of this season) but by the end of those two hours he was sort of getting on my nerves. Pretty only takes you so far. 

I am rooting for Brett and Cali to go all the way. They're beyond cute and seem almost ... dare I say this ... normal?

Bria HAS to be a plant. As someone else mentioned, no way she passes the psych eval. I don't look for spoilers and I don't think they even exist, but I do wonder about this from people who have watched the show for several years (I got into it two seasons ago thanks to Little Snappy turning me on to it) ... HAVE they ever sent someone home because they just went nuts (or for any other reason)? And if so, how did that affect the balance or how was it handled?

Spoiler

(PS from the few coming attraction clips we saw looks like Kwasi has his anger issues as well and I did NOT see Bria in any of the coming attractions but that may be deliberate on their part for those looking for spoilers). 

If this is not a spoiler, apologies and I'll unspoil it but figured better to be safe than sorry? It seemed borderline as a coming attraction and I didn't know the rules on that!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

I am rooting for Brett and Cali to go all the way. They're beyond cute and seem almost ... dare I say this ... normal?

Me too.  Cali seems the most "normal" of the girls besides Samantha (still don't understand why she wanted to be on this stupid show) so hopefully she and Brett are a match.

I didn't watch the earlier seasons but it seems in season 2 there was an odd number of girls (found the info on Wikipedia) so I guess they would just allow Bria's match to stay and see if the gang could still figure it out.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

I confess I found her really unattractive (from the neck up) ... it's like she modeled her face out of putty. There was just something weird and waxy about her. 

I totally noticed this too. It was as distracting as Morgan(?)'s weave/wig. I think she's shellacking on the foundation and it's not the right shade, or she could use some powder or something. 

• Love 3

They've never sent anyone home.  In the six previous seasons, there may have been a shove or two, but no punches thrown. 

Watching Bria, I definitely thought this year might the first. I see some restraining orders in her future. 

3 hours ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

It was as distracting as Morgan(?)'s weave/wig

I know, right? But ... that said ... as much as it looked like she was wearing a badly-dyed mop on her head, when one of the mean girls called her out for her crappy weave, I felt bad for her because she was one of the sweetest girls there by that point (and I don't know much about hair but I thought she said something along the lines of 'It's not a weave, it's tracks' ... does that sound right?)

3 hours ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

I think she's shellacking on the foundation and it's not the right shade, or she could use some powder or something. 

I'm fascinated and repelled at the same time. Plus she has that putty-like nose that looks like she could just take it off. I feel bad about her backstory (the blind parents etc.) but she's just the definition of a butterface. And clearly a nutjob. There's someone she reminds me of but I can't put my finger on it (maybe because I'm still too distracted trying to figure out who Jubilee on BIP reminds me of ... I THINK it's a black Miley Cyrus but not sure). 

• Love 2

Yeah, I felt bad for Morgan too. Also, she must have done some serious yelling during one of the parties or something because her voice was totally shot. I wanted to be like, "hey Morgan, just stop talking. Your voice sounds painful. Give it some rest." Haha. 

• Love 1

Bria wasn’t even punching the bag right so if she was trying to show she can fight she did a poor job. The only reason she’s intimidating is because she’s nuts and might shave someone’s head while they sleep. 

• Love 2

I just realized this was back and watched the first 2 eps.

All I want to know is whether Bria’s ex is still among the living or in her freezer.

Daniel is like a mini-Gronk. (That’s Rob Gronkowski for those of you non-football fans!)

• Love 6

I really hope Bria is an actress because she's in particular is really embarrassing to watch. The irony is that she thinks that stranger she just met who kissed another girl is what makes her looks stupid to the rest of the house. Nope, it's your batshit craziness that have people side eyeing you. I assume that this show would have to psych evaluations because it would be really unfortunate if there was something mentally not there with her and the show was taking advantage of that for the sake of drama. I really can't stand her thought. There's nothing good I can think of you if you're attracted to that kind of behaviour. As he admits, he just loves the attention and sees jealously as a form of flattery. His calm demeanor and apologies are simply to keep her on his purse strings so she can continue to give him all of her attention. 

I thought Tevin said when he's in a relationship, he's loyal...so why he's talking about being a player? Am I mixing him up with comments made by someone else? 

Brett and Cali seem really sweet together. I hope they're a match. They were partying super hard the night before because half of them had hoarse voices, lol. I don't feel bad for Bria at all and her insecurities. I don't see her trying to actually control anything. She literally flies off the handle the moment she's confronted with something she doesn't like. She's not doing anything different to be better. 

Lewis be looking out for everyone trying to find Natsa and Zak some privacy, haha. I thoroughly enjoyed the fact that Natsa was enjoying Bria going off. She acts like a fucking bully and she's manipulative. I'm glad to see someone not act afraid of her. 

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 2

What is the big attraction with Zak? He’s  not any more or less attractive then any of the other guys in that group. He must have great pheromes. Meanwhile, these are the trashiest women I could imagine and  not one of them is here to change.

• Love 1

Every season on this show, participants show up talking about all of the reasons why they aren’t good at dating and why they’re messed up and then proceed to all the same things as before that has made them unsuccessful in love. They also tend to be drawn to the people who are similar to them which often results in incredibly highs and crazy lows along the way. I know this show is intended for drama and not love (like at all) but if they wanted to keep it somewhat believable, they should introduce a fucking therapist on this show, lol.

Also the random date match ups in theory separate individuals and force them to spend time with other people outside of the house, but it also jeopardizes their house’s ability to strategize sensible couples to put in the truth booth to confirm matches or to prove that an inseparable couple isn’t a match. However, all that is in theory. In reality, this mechanism allows production to fix the match up results which may hand the players a true match coupling to send into the truth booth that they may not have otherwise considered until the very end of the game (which is when they’re usually scrambling to figure out how random people pair out because nobody knows anything outside of the confirmed non-match that they spend all of their time with, lol).

First let me know that Zack was right, Morgan’s weave is whack, lol. Secondly, she was hella messy this week. She was honest with Bria about her interest in Zach yet lied to her friend’s face about it and was so audacious in the way she got angry and went after Nusta for even implying that she was trying to cozy up to Zack. Why bother lie to Nutsa about if you admitted out loud to someone else? Besides seeing with her own eyes, Bria is now in a position to out her as a liar by sharing their conversation with the house (including Nutsa).  I can’t yet tell if Nutsa is angry that Morgan would be interested in Zack or if it truly stems from the Morgan being really messy about the way she went about it. All these women into Zack…I feel bad for their actual matches…will they even get a chance? Zack is manipulative. He loves the fact that so many of them are interested in them and when he’s with each of them, he makes them feel like they have the potential to be the one that changes him but he talks behind each of their backs to Bria to ease her paranoia so that she can keep pining over him.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

First let me know that Zack was right, Morgan’s weave is whack, lol. Secondly, she was hella messy this week. She was honest with Bria about her interest in Zach yet lied to her friend’s face about it and was so audacious in the way she got angry and went after Nusta for even implying that she was trying to cozy up to Zack. Why bother lie to Nutsa about if you admitted out loud to someone else?

Yep, I need everyone to stage an intervention on Morgan's weave and fix it for her.   And they all must be suffering from some sort of delusion for Zak to be the guy they all want to be with. 

When Bria called out Mo's name my reaction was RUN MO RUN.   You know the others that were left were like "thank you jesus".  

• Love 2

At the last minute, when there are only 3 or 4 matches, everyone will have to give up on Zak & Tevin and scramble to find their true loves, who they’ve ignored for the whole time & haven’t formed any bond with, much less a romance, so the whole point of this show is null & void. But we’ve gotten a lot of cat fights and tears and the total desecration of the idea of fine American women who respect themselves and each other while twerking half naked over a bunch of guys who neither have to court them or respect them.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, CindyBee said:

Yep, I need everyone to stage an intervention on Morgan's weave and fix it for her.   And they all must be suffering from some sort of delusion for Zak to be the guy they all want to be with. 

When Bria called out Mo's name my reaction was RUN MO RUN.   You know the others that were left were like "thank you jesus".  

I definitely think its a delusion. While I do believe that these women find him attractive, I personally think that attraction is magnified by how coupled up Bria is with him. On one hand, she's scary as hell, but on the other, I think they secretly find it attractive that it makes him challenging. It means that whoever he chooses will have turned down all of these other women just to be with her. They're all messed up anyway so it's not far fetched for me to believe that on some level, chasing Zak has something to do with her own egos as well.

• Love 2