Type keyword(s) to search

Are You The One? - General Discussion

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

Clearly this was such a riveting episode. 

Am I the only one who cracked up every time they showed Geles sobbing? I felt kind of bad but she was just so hysterical, you’d think she’s like 16 and had been dating the guy for at least 6 months or something. Thank god all that crying forced her to take off her fake tarantula lashes!

Most of these people have the maturity of teenagers so it makes sense.

The genius of this show. Always takes to like midseason to speed date and force everybody to talk to everyone. What a novel concept.

I'm glad Tyler took his shot. Nicole makes no sense though. In the same conversation she talk about being walked over by guys and not appreciated by guys and then talks about how she likes to be the more domineering one in a relationship? What?

I also appreciated nurys finally moving on from Malcolm. She seems to have to make zero connections except one for half the season. A dude who is very clearly playing you without even trying. Good God these people.

They don't have pens or pencils and not allowed to write. One year they did Skittles or cups or something. That's what they need to do is come up with some chart. 

Did they not show the 'no match' with Uche and Clinton? I saw them go in and everyone was all excited and they cut to commercial but when they came back Clinton was talking to Jada and then that blow up happened. Never saw them say 'no match'.

I'm really curious what one would have to say to a matchmaker in order to be paired with an aggressive imbecile like Kareem. Genuinely...how do you look at a guy like that and think 'yup, that's what I want'. A healthy relationship is more about how you deal with the challenges in your relationship...now how you handle life feeling perfect. And it seems completely hypocritical for both Alexis and Kareem to get that upset about Keith and Alivia (I'm disappointed they aren't a match but I feel that Keith was intentionally placed as a ringer for Alivia to feel confused about). Alexis and Kareem unsuspectingly hooked up with other people while actively pursuing Keith and Alivia. What right do either of them have to act so butt hurt when Keith and Alivia at least had the decency to be honest with Alexis and Kareem about their interest in pursuing each other because they felt they were a match. At least Alexis and Kareem had the opportunity to dip out if they were so bothered by it but in the end, their anger and feeling blindsided is just a reflection of their massive egos that felt like no one else was competition to them anyway.

Malcolm is a piece of shit. After playing both Nurys and Diandra he wants to slut shame Diandra...and she didn't even do anything! He didn't believe Diandra because of his own insecurity of knowing that he couldn't be alone with a woman without wanting to jump her bones because he's a dog. But Anthony...you seem sweet and quiet but why the hell didn't speak up on behalf of Diandra? He wasn't kidding when she said that he's bad at relationships because he's a sucker.

I never liked Taylor during her season and she was an absolute bitch in this episode.

• Love 6

Taylor decided she hated Geles before she said a word.  Also, I think she decided she was fighting with someone for camera time before she got on the plane to New Orleans.

I've known guys like Kareem at 20 years old, and once they found someone who kept them in line and also gave them a safe place to feel their feelings they turned into great partners.  When committed, they were committed. 

Poor Nurys.  She's never had someone put her first and it reads all over her faces and actions.

*This episode was very light on Clinton.  Unusual.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Drogo said:

*This episode was very light on Clinton.  Unusual.

I was extremely confused by that and also who/how they focused on. When spotlighting couples, it seemed they were still treating Clinton and Uche as a match and I realized at the end that we basically NEVER saw Jada at all. They dropped that drama fast.

Also, I was turned on to this show about midway through last season because it was my daughter's favorite reality show and I hated Taylor then too (though I thought Andre was cuuuuuute). I'm just gobsmacked that she's Joe's ex. He's totally my TV crush but now I have serious doubts about his taste in women. I still think Joe and Zoe are a match FWIW.

Boy! God help the women who are finally matches with Kareem and Malcolm (I'm thinking Tara & Alexis) because they are scary dudes. Don't they have any smart people who can start doing the statistics?  They are too busy running on hormones and testosterone.

• Love 4

I tried to post this on this site early yesterday but it didn't work; here goes another try.

For convenience and ease of listing, number the contestants as follows:

1 - Kareem, 2 - Anthony, 3 - Malcolm, 4 - Keith, 5 - Joe, 6 - Michael, 7 - Ethan, 8 - Clinton, 9 - Shad, 10 - Tyler, 11 - Dimitri, 01 - Alivia, 02 - Geles, 03 - Nurys, 04 - Alexis, 05 - Zoe, 06 - Keyana, 07 - Jada, 08 - Uche, 09 - Audrey, 10 - Nicole, 11 - Diandra

Each possible male/female couple is designated by a number as follows: 101 = Kareem & Alivia, 602 = Michael & Geles, 1111 = Dimitri & Diandra, and so on.

It is easy to list all of the 121 possible couples by listing the numbers 101 to 111 then 201 to 211 then 301 to 311 and so on down to 1001 to 1011 and finally 1101 to 1111.

We have the following data:

Week 1 - Confirmed no match (CNM) = 706; no couples/beams ceremony.

Week 2 - CNM = 202; Beams = 3; Couples = 101, 202, 303, 404, 505, 606, 707, 808, 909, 1010, 1111.

Week 3 - CNM = 303; Beams = 1; Couples = 101, 902, 303, 404, 1005, 606, 707, 808, 509, 1110, 211.

Week 4 - CNM = none; Beams = 2; Couples = 101, 207, 302, 411, 505, 609, 704, 808, 903, 1010, 1106.

Week 5 - CNM = 1110; Beams = 3; Couples = 301, 602, 403, 1104, 505, 206, 1007, 808, 909, 710, 111.

Week 6 - CNM = 808; Beams = 1; Couples = 101, 210, 311, 404, 505, 603, 702, 807, 909, 1006, 1108.

Week 7 - CNM = 404; Beams = 4; Couples = 301, 802, 103, 504, 405, 206, 707, 608, 909, 1010, 1111.

Week 8 - CNM = 401; no couples/beams ceremony.

Weeks 3 and 6 had only one beam.  The only couples who were in both weeks were 101 and 404.  Couple 404 was a confirmed no match in week 7.  That leaves couple 101 (Kareem & Alivia) as the only couple in both weeks and, though there is no guarantee, it is a decent assumption to make that they are the one perfect match given in weeks 3 and 6 (despite the blowup in week 8).  Based on this assumption, none of the other couples in weeks 3 and 6 would be perfect matches. Indicate 101 as a perfect match on the list of 121 possible couples and strike off all confirmed no matches and the other no match couples from weeks 3 and 6.  When this is done, look at week 2.

The only couples in week 2 that have not been indicated as no matches (other than 101) are 1010 and 1111.  Since there were 3 beams in week this would mean that, given the assumption that 101 is a beam and given the confirmed no matches and the information in weeks 3 and 6, the three perfect matches in week 2 were 101, 1010, and 1111. Whenever we get an indication of a perfect match couple this allows us to eliminate quite a few more couples from the list of 121 couples as no matches. Thus we can eliminate all couples from 102 to 111, all couples from 1001 to 1011 (except 1010 who are a perfect match), and all couples from 1101 to 1110.  Furthermore, we can eliminate all couples for whom the last two digits equal the last two digits of the perfectly matched couple(s).  In this case we eliminate all couples with the last two digits of 01, 10 or 11 - except, of course our perfect match couples 101, 1010 and 1111. Having done this, we move to week 5.

We notice now that the only three couples in week 5 that have not been eliminated as no matches are 602, 403 and 206.  Since there were three beams in week 5,  these three couples must be the perfect matches in that week.  Indicate them as such and follow the procedure outlined in the previous paragraphs for designating no matches based on the information that 602, 403 and 206 are perfect matches and the males and females in those perfect match couples cannot be matched with anyone else.  Having done this, move to week 7.

In week 7, couples 206, 1010 and 1111 (which we have already indicated as perfect matches) account for three of the four beams.  The only other couple in that week that has not been designated as a no match is 504.  This must be the fourth perfect match in week 7.  Indicate them as such and go through the no match elimination procedure in the list of 121 possible couples that this perfect match allows you to do, as described above.

We now move to the last remaining week, week 4.  The only two couples there that have not been designated as no matches in the preceding procedure are 101 and 1010 - but we have already designated these two couples as perfect matches, thus accounting for the two beams in week 4.

We have now determined that, based on the assumption that couple 101 is a perfect match and on all the other information given in weeks 1 to 8, the following are perfect matches.  (Of course, if 101 is not a perfect match, the analysis fails.) Perfect matches:

101 - Kareem & Alivia, 206 - Anthony & Keyana, 403 - Keith & Nurys, 504 - Joe & Alexis, 602 - Michael & Geles, 1010 - Tyler & Nicole, 1111 - Dimitri & Diandra.

This leaves Malcolm (3), Ethan (7), Clinton (8), Shad (9), Zoe (05), Jada (07), Uche (08) and Audrey (09) as remaining to be matched.  To be consistent with the foregoing information, there are only seven couple combinations possible for this remaining group:

a - 805, 307, 709, 908

b - 805, 308, 709, 907

c - 805, 309, 708, 907

d - 809, 305, 708, 907

e - 809, 307, 705, 908

f - 809, 307, 708, 905

g - 809, 308, 705, 907

• Love 3
12 hours ago, OnceSane said:

This seemed to be the "producers told us to turn up!" episode.  Everyone was in their feelings and doing too much for screen time.

Except everyone in their feelings in this episodes have already been there multiple times this season. They didn't to be told dial up. Casting took care of that for them. 

Second time we had light ceremony. Either they figured it out in 8 tries or the show got a longer episode order.

18 minutes ago, Lamima said:

Alexis and Kareem being the worst....maybe they are a match.

I agree!  I really cannot stand either of them.  Alexis needs WAYYYYYY too much attention and she's always drunk.  Kareem is just a pompous loudmouthed jerk.  Malcom can go any minute now, too.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Lamima said:

Wow. These people are a hot mess. Alexis and Kareem being the worst....maybe they are a match.

They're too much alike to be a match, imo. Sounds like left field but I honestly think that Alexis may be Anthony's match. She's needy but outspoken. He's loyal and the one that aims to please in a relationship but he's got no spine. Diandra also fits the bill but Alexis has the edge for me because she's more outgoing and fun while Anthony seems like a stiff. Alexis seems like the perfect blend that I can imagine Anthony saying he's looking for to help him grow a spine and get out of his shell.

I think Kareem's match would either be Geles or Diandra. I think both love the attention and the loyalty of a man and will give it in return but I give Diandra the edge because she's outspoken without being unruly with her emotions (like Alexis) which means that she would keep Kareem in check when his ego gets the best of him and he thinks he's too big for his britches.

I don't think Tyler's problem is that he chooses the wrong people. I think he probably is way too laid back to the point where he just falls into the friend zone and can't climb himself out of that hole. I think his instincts about Nicole are right and she's his match.

It seems that Joe and Uche's religious upbringing may be the single most impactful event in their lives to date and I can see there being conflict in having to balance who you feel you are as a person with the religious values of your family. While you need more than that commonality for a relationship to survive...it can be difficult for a partner to understand that push and pull and so having someone who can truly understand it because of their own experiences means that it's one less eventful conversation you don't have to stress over.

Other than those 4,  I can't really figure out the science of who may be who's match because they haven't shown enough of each person's personality to understand what qualities each would bring to a relationship. Though as a sidenote, for whatever reason Audrey seems to get Shad in a way that the other women just don't have the time for. She's about the only person in that house that I can see genuinely giving him the time of day to understand his 'layers' so by default, I would guess that they're a perfect match.

I think the problem I find with this show is that there are just so many characters that I haven't a clue who I would pick as couples because I haven't been able to get to know them. There are too many long dark haired girls; blond buff guys and unless  you are screaming and yelling that you are a jealous player or a drunken slut or some variation, I either dislike you or I'm not invested in you.  I think fewer couples or a bit of an introduction more than just "Friendzone" or "Picks players"  would make this show more appealing. I notice there isn't much action on this forum and I bet there aren't a lot of people watching.  After awhile, just watching total mayhem where people are either yelling or crying isn't entertaining.

• Love 3

Maybe they could do 7 couples and do a match up ceremony every other episode and have more comps and getting to know each other activities they show. Maybe only give them 5 match up ceremonies to get it. Is the show over a month period in the house? If so, do one match up ceremony a week and do way more comps/activities in between. Maybe two truth booths a week. 

I don't think the show cares about people getting to know each person or that viewers have enough material to figure out what the matches can be. The show's premise of love and money is purely for putting contestants in the position that incites drama. The fewer people in the house means that there's less temptation and more time for contestants to genuinely get to know one another. The show relies on contestants to go into the house and make the same poor choices that they always make outside of the house. They want feelings to develop with non-matches so that the pressure of winning the money creates strife in the house and between non-couples who have to choose between trying to figure out who their perfect match is while most often trying to hold on to those non-couple relationships. I think the only MTV show that develops drama naturally is The Challenge because it appeals to everyone's competitive nature and forces people to strategize and build alliances to survive...which inevitably ends up in people breaking promises and taking out friends. 

Well, since only 5 people care enough to comment on this show, I can't imagine this concept is getting stellar ratings, but maybe MTV doesn't care.  They've had  reruns of "Catfish" and "Ridiculousness" on for years now. Who DOES their programming?

I'm bored, frankly.  I don't know if it's this crop of kids, the editing or the samesies nature of each season of the show.  I think it's mostly the first two.  I wish they'd show more of the in-house hookups that don't fit the narrative.  It might shake things up for next season.

• Love 1

I think a big problem for me this season is the casting.  With this show, you need people to at least stick to the pretense that they are their to find their perfect match, even though they're really there for exposure and money.  In this cast, they're not really hiding well that they're not there for perfect matches, hence all the ridiculous hook ups and fighting and what not.  It all seems a bit fake, and maybe they're worse actors than previous casts, but it seems like they really don't care about the dating part.  While I understand this isn't really a dating show...that's at least the premise and I wish they would try to make it seem like that's why there there.

• Love 1

@caseygirl

I have tried to post to this discussion several times in the recent past but have been sucessful only once.  When nothing happens after tapping the submit reply button there is no explanation as to why the posting did not happen.  Perhaps the reason there are only 5 or so people posting is that others have given up trying.  I decided to try once more. Here goes.

Since the posting I just tried worked I  will try another. This is a continuation of my post in the discussion of the previous episode S06.E08. There I set out my numbering system for designating the couples and outlined the procedures for testing what combinations of perfect matches and no matches logically comply with all the information revealed to date.

Please note that there was one error in setting out the couples that participated in the third couples/beams ceremony in week 4. I had included couples Shad and Nurys  (903) and Dimitri and Keyana (1106) when the couples should have been Shad and Keyana (906) and Dimitri and Nurys (1103). I have corrected this for my present and future analyses. The error did not affect the conclusion arrived at in my post in S06.E08.

However, the information gained in the most recent episode S06.E09 did affect the previous tentative conclusion which was based solely on the assumption that Kareem and Alivia (101) was a perfect match. This assumption leads to the conclusion that there should have been only four beams in week 9. Since there were actually five beams this means that couple 101 is not a perfect match. Back to the drawing board.

The first couples/beams ceremony in week 2 showed beams for the following couples:

101 - Kareem & Alivia, 202 - Anthony & Geles, 303 - Malcolm & Nurys, 404 - Keith & Alexis, 505 - Joe & Zoe, 606 - Michael & Keyana, 707 - Ethan & Jada, 808 - Clinton & Uche, 909 - Shad & Audrey, 1010 - Tyler & Nicole, 1111 - Dimitri & Diandra.

Four of the couples in week 2 (couples 202, 303, 404 and 808) have been confirmed as no matches in the truth booth. To this we can add couple 101 as a no match. This leaves six couples (505, 606, 707, 909, 1010, 1111), of which three are perfect matches. There are exactly 20 ways to choose three couples from six couples (without regard to order). I have workrd through all of these 20 possible combinations of three couples. Seventeen combinatoions can be eliminated as leading to a logical inconsistency based on the information to date.

The only combinations of three couples from week 2 which do not lead to any logical inconsistencies based on the information to date are:

(a) 505 -Joe & Zoe, 707 - Ethan & Zada, 1010 - Tyler & Nicole

(b) 505 - Joe & Zoe, 707 - Ethan & Jada, 1111 - Dimitri & Diandra

(c) 606 - Michael & Keyana, 909 - Shad & Audrey, 1010 - Tyler & Nicole

In the the upcoming episode, either Joe and Alivia (couple 501) or Michael and Audrey (609) will be sent to the truth booth. If Joe and Alivia are sent to the truth booth they will be confirmed as a no match since combinations (a) and (b) above require Joe and Zoe (505) to be a perfect match and, from my analysis, combination (c) requires Joe to be martched with Uche (508). Remember that combinations (a), (b) and (c) are the only possibilities - so Joe and Alivia must be a no match.

However, if Michael and Audrey (couple 609) are sent to the truth booth then we have the following:

If couple 609 are confirmed as a perfect match then this eliminates combination (c) because it requires 606 as a perfect match and my analysis eliminates combination (a) because it needs 602 or 611 as a perfect match. However, it confirms combination (b) and then there would be only four possible complete 11 perfect matches as follows:

(1)  110, 206, 304, 403, 505, 609, 707, 802, 908, 1001, 1111

(2)  108, 206, 304, 403, 505, 609, 707, 802, 910, 1001, 1111

(3)  108, 206, 310, 403, 505, 609, 707, 802, 901, 1004, 1111

(4)  104, 206, 310, 403, 505, 609, 707, 802, 901, 1008, 1111

If couple 609 are a confirmed no match, this eliminates combination (b) which requires 609 to be a perfect match. However, combinations (a) and (c) would still be possible and this leads to only three possible complete 11 perfect matches (items (5) and (6) being under combination (a) and item (7) being under combination (c)):

(5)  103, 206, 304, 408, 505, 602, 707, 811, 901, 1010, 1109

(6)  108, 206, 304, 403, 505, 611, 707, 802, 901, 1010, 1109

(7)  111, 204, 301, 407, 508, 606, 705, 802, 909, 1010, 1103

To summarize, if 609 is confirmed as a perfect match then the solution to the game is one of items (1), (2), (3) or (4). If 609 is a no match then the solution is one of items (5), (6) or (7). A decent strategy for the contestants if 609 is not confirmed as a perfect match would be to couple up as in item (7) when the couple to be sent to the truth booth is to be chosen. This is because having any of the couples in item (7) except 802 or 1010 declared as a perfect match would determine item (7) to be the solution to the game. Other strategies are obvious from the seven possible solutions given above, depending on what answer they get from the upcoming truth both.

After the most recent episode S06.E10, we have enough information to solve the game. In my S06.E08 and S06.E09 posts I described how my analysis of the information to the end of week 9 limited the possible solutions to the game to seven , as set out in items (1) to (7) in my last S06.E09 post. In the most recent episode it was confirmed that Michael and Audrey (couple 609) was a no match. As I pointed out in my last S06.E09 post, having couple 609 as a no match further limited the possible solutions to only the three items (5), (6) and (7). 

The couples in the beams ceremony in the most recent episode are given in item (8) below:

(8)  103, 201, 308, 409, 507, 606, 704, 802, 905, 1010, 1111

Comparison of this item (8) with items (5), (6) and (7) shows that, if either item (5) or (6) were the solution there would have been only two beams in the most recent beams ceremony. There were three beams so that eliminates both items (5) and (6). However, item (7) gives three beams and, since it is the only possibility left, it is the solution which gives the correct 11 perfect matches, as follows:

111 - Kareem & Diandra; 204 - Anthony & Alexis; 301 - Malcolm & Alivia; 407 - Keith & Jada; 508 - Joe & Uche; 606 - Michael & Keyana; 705 - Ethan & Zoe; 802 - Clinton & Geles; 909 - Shad & Audrey;

1010 - Tyler & Nicole; 1103- Dimitri & Nurys

The beams in weeks 2 through 10 were:

2 - 606, 909 and 1010; 3 - 606; 4 - 1010 and 1103; 5 - 301, 909 and 111; 6 - 909; 7 - 301, 802, 909, and 1010; 8 - none; 9 - 407, 508, 705, 802 and 1010; 10 -  606, 802 and 1010

Please note that, in the list of couples for the beam ceremony in week 4 that I gave in my S06.E08 post, couple 903 should have been 906 and 1106 should have been 1103.

The contestants have shown great concern about not getting any confirmed perfect matches but I have shown that it is possible to solve the game based on only the no match and beam ceremony information to date, without any confirmed perfect matches.

• Love 2
On 11/24/2017 at 4:13 PM, wodin said:

Thecorrect 11 perfect matches, as follows:

111 - Kareem & Diandra; 204 - Anthony & Alexis; 301 - Malcolm & Alivia; 407 - Keith & Jada; 508 - Joe & Uche; 606 - Michael & Keyana; 705 - Ethan & Zoe; 802 - Clinton & Geles; 909 - Shad & Audrey;

1010 - Tyler & Nicole; 1103- Dimitri & Nurys

I haven't kept track of match up ceremonies and truth booths and whatnot to know if this is even possible...guessing not based on your careful calculations. But I would switch and match these....Malcolm with Geles and then Clinton with Alivia.  Then Keith with Zoe and Ethan with Jada.

Does anyone really believe that these " perfect matches" were  just randomly chosen by production and have nothing to do with any legitimate matchmaking process?   They might as well come in at the beginning of the season, throw all the applications in the air and everyone pick one who will be your match; then see if there is any attraction , chemistry, or commonality.

Edited by Caseysgirl
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Caseysgirl said:

Does anyone really believe that these " perfect matches" were  just randomly chosen by production and have nothing to do with any legitimate matchmaking process?   They might as well come in at the beginning of the season, throw all the applications in the air and everyone pick one who will be your match; then see if there is any attraction , chemistry, or commonality.

I do in the sense that they literally matched people up based on what they said. But, it's a want vs a need. They are looking for what they want. All of the shallow properties. But, there matches are what they need. 

Like Tyler and Nicole. She's needs a guy that will listen and respect her. Not treat her like dirt. He needs a girl that opens him up and challenges him more but also appreciates his kindness. Look for people that balance you out. Not just what you always go for or on some shallow shit. Of course, there will still be stumbling blocks along the way but it's better than just glomming onto someone that you were drawn too and told you what you want to hear upon first meeting.

• Love 3

Keith using math and everyone is shocked that strategy kinda worked…what??  These kids are useless.  I think they gained enough info to guess the matches despite not getting the 7/8 matches Keith wanted.

On a personal note, I've hooked my MIL on the show.  She loves laughing at these fools.

• Love 1

@OnceSane - As I posted in S06.E10 there was sufficient information available to the cast at the end of week 10 to enable them to completely solve the 11 perfect matches. I gave the complete solution in that post. The solution included Tyler & Nicole as a perfect match, which was confirmed on last night's show. It also showed that the four perfect matches (other than Tyler & Nicole) in last night's beams ceremony were Kareem & Diandra, Keith & Jada, Michael & Keyana and Clinton & Geles. All of the other couples in that ceremony are no matches, as confirmed by the solution I gave in S06.E10.

@Caseysgirl - I believe that all of the "perfect matches" the producers stipulate are plausable matches but they make sure that there are two, three or four plausable matches for each cast member to make it difficult to easily arrive at the 11 "perfect matches".  However, that leaves a great many obvious no matches for each cast member and it would be easy to engineer a couples matchup that gives zero beams. That would be an obvious strategy to do in the first beams ceremony and then, having this information, you could test various plausible matches in subsequent beams ceremonies by switching partners between only two couples at a time. The producers understand this and that is why they have introduced an extreme penalty for getting no beams in a beams ceremony.

• Love 1

Not for nothing, but my daughter (who turned me onto this show late last season and now I'm addicted) just messaged me that she and a friend had spent a few hours looking over old matchups and came up with their predictions and it was exactly the same as Wodin's. 

I'll be interested to see what happens with Clinton and Uche ... I think Geles is prepared for it, but hope Joe gets a slot on Second Chances, whenever that comes back. I'm really Team Joe. 

Geles and michael ( ? ) having sex right next to Zoe was so gross. i wouldve been livid. i dont know if i should feel sorry for geles or if shes just a gross person. seems she just boucnes around the house for attention. yes they need to get to know each other but have some class. but michael is a dirty bird too. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Ashlyc said:

Geles and michael ( ? ) having sex right next to Zoe was so gross. i wouldve been livid. i dont know if i should feel sorry for geles or if shes just a gross person. seems she just boucnes around the house for attention. yes they need to get to know each other but have some class. but michael is a dirty bird too. 

Geles seems to think you have to have sex to see if you might be a match. Ick. And Michael....super ick! His 'girlfriend' in the house was right there in the same room. He's mean and sick. Can't believe Geles IS Clinton's match. Maybe it's Clinton and Keyana and Michael and Geles. Any possible way?

Edited by Lamima
  • Love 3

I mentioned in the previous ep thread that my daughter and her friend sat down for a few hours after that episode with the results of the previous match ceremonies before this week and also came up with the exact same chart as Wodin (you guys are amazing) ... so if they (daughter, friend, Wodin) could figure it out, why couldn't the group or Keith? Maybe Virginia Tech or wherever he went should rescind his diploma.

I also find the Geles/Clinton match crazy sauce. Maybe she was not that forthcoming re: sex in her Q&A as she is showing in the house? Maybe they just matched the pretty? I also think if you guys are right, Zoe is gonna be BUUUUUMMMMMMED. Not sure she's that into Joe but still ...

Because this is my first full season watching this show all the way through, hoping for one of those post-show reunions where we see who is together and who is not, etc. ... and also that there is another Second Chances show for people like Joe, who I can't get enough of on my screen.

Oh, and yay Tyler for getting first PM. I think he's adorable. 

Edited by PamelaMaeSnap
  • Love 1

@PamelaMaeSnap: As your daughter and friend obviously know, this game requires a straightforward application of deductive logic. All that was required to solve the puzzle was a bit of time and patience, and a minor amount of ingenuity.

Wodin: I know! I respect and admire the time, patience and ingenuity (and I'd throw in a slight obsession with this show, which I have certainly developed since she turned me onto it!) ... I don't consider myself very good at deductive logic but I am good at sudoku LOL.

ETA: Just wondering ... at what point do you think this could have been figured out by the patient and deductive among you? I mean, did it take until the episode where you and she logic'ed it out? Could it have been done earlier? 

Edited by PamelaMaeSnap

@PamelaMaeSnap: As your daughter and friend obviously know, this game requires a straightforward application of deductive logic. All that was required to solve the puzzle was a bit of time and patience, and a minor amount of ingenuity.

While this is definitely true, it certainly helps being able to write stuff down. I've read that they don't allow any type of writing utensils in the house.  Definitely ups the difficulty by not being able to use a simple grid.

3 hours ago, snarts said:

While this is definitely true, it certainly helps being able to write stuff down. I've read that they don't allow any type of writing utensils in the house.  Definitely ups the difficulty by not being able to use a simple grid.

Yep. They are not allowed to write down or use objects to calculate or make a strategy. It's a lot easier doing it from home.

On 12/2/2017 at 10:40 AM, PamelaMaeSnap said:

Because this is my first full season watching this show all the way through, hoping for one of those post-show reunions where we see who is together and who is not, etc. ... and also that there is another Second Chances show for people like Joe, who I can't get enough of on my screen.

I wish they would have a post-show reunion but they never have. They did have a "second chances" show but it was "perfect" matches teaming up for a game show sort of Amazing Race lite type program. I found it odd and off-putting. I think the best hope any of these people have is getting cast in future Challenges. 

@Racj82 and @snarts;: I have tried to post a comment on your information that the cast is not allowed to use pencils and paper but any time I try to post more than a few sentences it won't work. Very briefly, those items are necessary for one person to work out a solution alone; however, it would be possible to emulate what we at home do with pencil and paper by reproducing each week's beams ceremony using the couples themselves (which we know they are allowed to do) and relying on the collective memory of the cast members to replace our paper memory. If this post works, it will be my last on this very frustrating site.

8 hours ago, TresGatos said:

I wish they would have a post-show reunion but they never have. They did have a "second chances" show but it was "perfect" matches teaming up for a game show sort of Amazing Race lite type program. I found it odd and off-putting. I think the best hope any of these people have is getting cast in future Challenges. 

They just had a reunion last year and they've had reunions before. They don't do the weekly post show stuff anymore but they stopped that all around. Challenge and real world as well.

8 hours ago, wodin said:

@Racj82 and @snarts;: I have tried to post a comment on your information that the cast is not allowed to use pencils and paper but any time I try to post more than a few sentences it won't work. Very briefly, those items are necessary for one person to work out a solution alone; however, it would be possible to emulate what we at home do with pencil and paper by reproducing each week's beams ceremony using the couples themselves (which we know they are allowed to do) and relying on the collective memory of the cast members to replace our paper memory. If this post works, it will be my last on this very frustrating site.

We got your post. Yes, there are ways to work it out. It can be done. It's just not as easy is all.