Type keyword(s) to search

Are You The One? - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I really wish this show had a spoiler/speculation thread because I could have sworn I saw a spoiler in one of the coming attractions but I don't tend to believe my own eyes half the time (for all I know it could have been an inadvertently -- or advertently -- placed clip to dupe us). 

I really miss Ryan (the previous host) at the match-up ceremonies. The way he would count the number of beams on his fingers while holding his arm down at his side was cool and reminded me of an anime character or something. I would count along with him in the same manner. Dorky, I know :p

Michael was pretty entertaining this episode, but I did find myself feeling badly for Keyana.

How happy is that other woman going to be if Malcom and Nurys aren't a match?

• Love 1

Does Michael have an accent or a speech impediment or am I just imagining things? 

Keyana, I'd feel bad for her, but well, she's what, in her 20s and still gets this embarrassingly clingy? She's the kind of person you'd see on an episode of Snapped. It's like she feels entitled to be loved by this dude simply because she is obsessed with him and stalked him on his Instagram before the show.  

• Love 1

I'm only watching this because I know of Alexis through the murder of Skylar Neese...it was a horrific, senseless crime and the nonchalant  way Alexis spoke about it was disturbing. As is the fact she has a tattoo in honor of a murderer. She also stuck up for her cousin during everything and thought that 15 months in juvenile detention was enough of a punishment. 

Ive also been a series long Challenge fan and now that this cast is eligible to be on it I'm sure an attention ho like Alexis will jump at the opportunity. 

Also, the "white rapper" guy is so awkward. 

Is it wrong I hope they all lose?

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 4

Clinton/Uche are the only couple that I actually give a shit about. It actually doesn’t seem like just lust with one another. But, goodness, Jada just stop. If Clinton is celebrating the fact that you lost and Audrey won, it means he doesn’t like you at all. He wants a chilled/natural girl like Uche, not drama like you.

But, with the exception if Clinton/Uche/Ethan, I just don’t care about the other assholes.

Why are these people so stupid? That guy was talking about wanting his non-match to have his children and it's only been a couple weeks. But I agree with him that the nipple sucking is deal breaker. I hope he sticks to his promise to let her go but I'm still not sure why Dee is begging for his dick. Don't these women have any pride? He pumped and dumped her for another girl and the idiot still wants him. 

Pretty sure Uche and Clinton are the one beam they get every time. It makes sense. 

• Love 2

Right? They all supposedly know they suck at picking partners yet they're super convinced they've found "the one" so fast...wouldn't you try to NOT repeat all your past mistakes, at least not immediately? No self awareness and no insight at all. I know they're young but c'mon!

The girl Kira? who is still obsessed and says she's "in love" with the blond guy who dropped her on her ass after like 3 days is creepy as hell.   Imagine if she was some gross dude acting this way about a woman? Just because she's an attractive female doesnt make it less psycho. How did she pass the psych evaluation to get on the show? I can't believe she keeps saying she would "take a bullet for him" - very bizarre.  How is it not obvious to her she's only driving him further away? Even if they somehow turn out to be a match he's definitely not going to date her at this point. Desperation isn't cute.

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 3

He was mad & felt "disrepected" (Gah, hate that term) that his non-match allowed some dude to lick chocolate off her nipple nipple so he banged the chick he dumped just few days ago?  Nice.

I'm only watching this because I know of Alexis through the murder of Skylar Neese...it was a horrific, senseless crime and the nonchalant  way Alexis spoke about it was disturbing. As is the fact she has a tattoo in honor of a murderer. She also stuck up for her cousin during everything and thought that 15 months in juvenile detention was enough of a punishment. 

Yeah, that was a little disturbing.

Not sure I like anyone this season. 

• Love 4

If Malcolm felt "disrespected" by Nurys allowing someone to lick chocolate off her nipple, why didn't Nurys feel the same? What is wrong with young women treating themselves like cheap hookers and on TV to boot.  Can't imagine how they will feel in 10 years (or when the alcohol wears off) when they realize that what they have done could live on to follow them. How do your parents and future spouse feel about this?  Is it worth it for your 7 minutes of fame?

• Love 3

I hate to say it, but the sumo wrestling thing looked super fun, and the "rewards" were hilarious.  I can understand why Malcolm was upset, though. Maybe if he had been taking part in the game and he and Nurys had discussed what their boundaries were beforehand, it wouldn't have ended in such a disaster...but then, it wouldn't have been as fun for us viewers!

These people are so gross, but oh so entertaining. I cannot relate to Deondra (sp?) at all. Who waits around to be some dude's rebound after he dumped them for another woman? 

Edited by Zima
  • Love 2

It's such a trainwreck between the people trying to actually play the game by such crazy means as "getting to know everyone" and the people who latch onto the people they are first attracted to like remoras. You aren't in relationships - you're in one giant multi-day mixer! Meet people! Mingle! At the end of the show, go bone whomever you want!

• Love 4
On 10/11/2017 at 10:19 PM, Rebecca said:

Also, to show how old I am, Uche reminds me of Irulan from the original Real World Las Vegas.

I totally see it.

I'm rooting for Ethan (I don't know what I'm rooting for - perhaps to not date any of these people because they're all just totally lame) mostly because he's from my neck of the woods (bay area; he's from Sonoma specifically) and the bay area is dealing with all these fires and the smoke that's blanketed the entire area and it sucks to think that he or his family may have been affected by any of the fires.

The casts of AYTO get worse and worse as the seasons go on. There is virtually no reason for anyone who actually wants to play the game and win money to go on. These people are too stupid to keep their drawers on for a damn million dollars. This level of stupidity also guarantees that the real worlders and older challenge folks will continue to win on The Challenge just because AYTO cant get their heads out of their asses long enough to strategize.

• Love 1

I wish they would make the cast just a little older. Later twenties rather than early twenties 

On 10/15/2017 at 2:34 PM, Hiacios said:

Nurys Mateo is one sick woman! Alexis Eddy voice is so annoying and Diandra Delgado is one of the most desperate women I have ever seen.

She was on an after show obviously lying and excusing her actions 

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, lgprimes said:

Two take-always from tonight:

1) Kareem is a pynk

2) Tyler is a catch and I don’t know why girls don’t seem to be chasing after him

Agreed! And that beard on Kareem creaps me out. After the altercation, hopefully more of the girls will look at him as more 'manly'

2 hours ago, lgprimes said:

Two take-always from tonight:

1) Kareem is a pynk

2) Tyler is a catch and I don’t know why girls don’t seem to be chasing after him

2. Because he's not a alpha male, not in your face good looking (regarding what most girls find to be hot on this show) and he truly seems to be a genuine guy. 

In this house, that equals friend zone. Sadly, in life it does. As I have said before, dating sucks.

What bugs me is that this is a house of people who came in name checking exactly what their dating issues are and doing the EXACT same things they've always done. No effort to try something different. 

The guys who seem like all around good catches never get a lot if love on this show. The obvious douches and Meatheads always do though. I don't understand people. I really don't. All of the dudes that are getting the major affection are garbage as fuck. All bland hotness with no personality or brains. Or outright annoying.

Also, the fact that people keep coming in here and doing the same exact mistakes every season makes me never want see these people win money again.

5 hours ago, Racj82 said:

2. Because he's not a alpha male, not in your face good looking (regarding what most girls find to be hot on this show) and he truly seems to be a genuine guy

Wow, you don’t think most would find him good-looking? I think he is FIIINE.

i noticed his looks first, then last night realized he also seems to be a decent person. 

I hope he gets a good match! Seems like there are quite a few women we know almost nothing about yet.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, lgprimes said:

Wow, you don’t think most would find him good-looking? I think he is FIIINE.

i noticed his looks first, then last night realized he also seems to be a decent person. 

I hope he gets a good match! Seems like there are quite a few women we know almost nothing about yet.

I'm a straight guy. I'm just going by what I see. Like I said, no trolls in this cast. None of them are unattractive. He's just not walking around built or put together like other guys getting a lot of attention here. 

Not to bring race into it because black dudes get love on the show but I feel like every season there is one black dude that doesn't get any love. Not in a romantic way. 

I think he may need to get more aggressive. Playing the shy position in this game or not going for who you want will leave you in the dust. 

• Love 1

I do agree that Tyler not being the Abercrombie looking kind of guy does get him friendzone on the show. And it sucks that douches like kareem get the love.

There are exceptions on the show like Clinton, who actually seems like a genuine good man looking for a an actual realaionship and it’s not just lust.

Alivia and Uche are definitely my 2 favorite females this season. They both seem to be the more natural, chill women there, not seeking out the drama. I actually want them to find happiness and hate that Alicia is attracted to someone like Kareem. She can do a ? Times better then that douche.

• Love 1

I've liked Tyler and Clinton from the jump and time is only proving to show that they're among the less than handful of guys that seem to be decent and genuine (the rapper dude rounds out the short list). The only reason they can make an actual season of this show is because they target young people who like the idea of a relationship because they're really bad at dating and therefore they've become incredibly exhausted by it. They're not there because they can't find people that they connect with, they're there because they all have poor judgement which leads them to invest in relationships with the wrong people and yet you put them in a house and guarantee that there's someone there who's there perfect match and what do they do? They do all the same things that make them bad daters in the first place.

Tyler isn't getting any love because on this show, these girls have a tendency to only appreciate one of two types:

1. The guy who is undeniably handsome in the muscular, jock kind of way; or

2. The guy who has bravado and is a smooth talker who can convince you that hes' going to be your ride or die

If a guy tries to interact with the girls in a way that allows both sides to naturally feel out who the other person is and what they're about, he automatically gets friend zoned. Someone should tell those girls that it isn't speed dating. The whole point isn't to rely on looks and who is willing to woo you the most - it's about getting to know someone first so you can see how their values match with your own.

I agree with your assessment of Alivia and Uche...hands down the best of the crop of girls this season.

I thought the talk of the men at the match-up ceremony was getting pretty dicey.  They were all upset that "these girls" were being stupid and what not and it was not a good look for most of them.  Also, they've clearly had no luck trying to figure out their matches on their own, so why not just do a random reshuffle?  I love how people try to play down the whole "game show win money" aspect of it, because honestly (and probably especially with this group) they might have just as much luck with random luck and playing the numbers than by trying to figure out their perfect match by "following their hearts."

2 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

I've liked Tyler and Clinton from the jump and time is only proving to show that they're among the less than handful of guys that seem to be decent and genuine (the rapper dude rounds out the short list).

What about Joe? Otherwise I'm totally onboard with that list. But I think Joe is adorable and funny and likable. 

Also I would give ANYTHING to see the suggested packing list that production sends out to the hamsters before they arrive at the house. 

I remember "packing lists" for summer camp that read like: 8 pairs of blue shorts. 8 white short-sleeved shirts with collars. 12 pairs of underwear. 12 pairs of knee socks. One raincoat. 2 bathing suits. One dress shirt. One nice dress for camp social. ... etc. 

Here: 10 lace-trimmed bras. 14 g-strings. 8 pairs of silk panties that actually cover your crack. 3 animal-style headbands. 6 pairs of f*&%-me heels. 4 bikinis (tops optional). 6 sexy costumes for impromptu parties. For men: tight speedos and socks to stuff in them as needed. 

• Love 8
9 hours ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

What about Joe? Otherwise I'm totally onboard with that list. But I think Joe is adorable and funny and likable. 

Also I would give ANYTHING to see the suggested packing list that production sends out to the hamsters before they arrive at the house. 

I remember "packing lists" for summer camp that read like: 8 pairs of blue shorts. 8 white short-sleeved shirts with collars. 12 pairs of underwear. 12 pairs of knee socks. One raincoat. 2 bathing suits. One dress shirt. One nice dress for camp social. ... etc. 

Here: 10 lace-trimmed bras. 14 g-strings. 8 pairs of silk panties that actually cover your crack. 3 animal-style headbands. 6 pairs of f*&%-me heels. 4 bikinis (tops optional). 6 sexy costumes for impromptu parties. For men: tight speedos and socks to stuff in them as needed. 

Oh yeah I totally forgot about him but he also seems like a decent and genuine guy. I really like his connection but it's a shame they aren't a match. 

• Love 1

The things these people walk around in, what the hell? I never realized just how thirsty some people are. The desperation of some of them is just so tangible. And I watch shit like Vanderpump Rules and The Challenge. Those people are practically demure compared to these AYTO contestants!

Edited by Rebecca
14 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

Oh yeah I totally forgot about him but he also seems like a decent and genuine guy. I really like his connection but it's a shame they aren't a match. 

I am guessing that despite his crush on Alivia (had that been indicated earlier or just this week?), he is matched with either Zoe or Alexis. 

Why do they always say they have to play the game with their hearts? The first thing they should do is a simple speed dating game and actually get to know everyone on the first night. And then repeat that every night until they figure it out. They should ask questions about what they asked for and then try to figure out what they need according to their personality type. Note to dumbos on this show: This game is not about what you want, idiots. It's about what you need in a relationship.

Why are they stupid?? Instead of constant partying, why not ask serious relationship questions and stop thinking about who they want to fuck the most? I want to punch somebody every time I hear one of them say they need to follow their heart. 

• Love 2

What the hell was that all about,Jada?  Trying to get on the Challenge, are you?  All your talking heads, and then a major screaming fit because someone asked you what you were talking about?  Uche was out of line but a simple, "none of your business, Uche" would have sufficed instead of that full on shit show of crying, screaming and hysterics. Honestly, Jada, if you are Clinton's perfect match I'd be surprised. He's looking for a lady, not a tramp!

• Love 3

What the fuck was Jada on? Uche had no business questioning Jada about her conversation with Clinton but she did approach Jada in a relatively calm manner. She didn't hurl insults or accusations and she didn't even raise her voice. Jada's reaction was from her own insecurities. She went off as if she was officially considered the house slut or something. The level of rage and lashing out that she did was so beyond unacceptable that I find it hard to believe that any guy who witnesses that wouldn't want to run in the opposite direction of her. That's psycho level rage right there. And I also think it's disingenuous of her to act like the reason she didn't get with Clinton was purely in respecting Uche. I think that Jada didn't make an overt move because she saw that Clinton was really into Uche and I don't think she wanted to put herself out there and have him choose Uche over her. Instead she hoped that they wouldn't be a perfect match which would force Clinton to get to know the other women and then she would swoop in. 

Kareem can get the hell off my screen, thank you very much. As much as I like Alivia and think she's one of the few decently behaved women on the show but the longer I see her sticking by Kareem's side, the harder I'll find it to root for her through this process. 

• Love 4

I fucking hate Kareem. Hate! I hate that girls would want to date dudes like that.

I hate Joe asking one simple question got turned into him being Mr. Steal your girl.

But, I hate more than that, somehow Joe and the others guys on the outskirts are loser that are ruining the game. But, if Joe or Michael step to a girl they are the ones in the wrong because that's someone they likr. But, if they don't talk to a girl they are still in the wrong. 

Everyone is at fault. The ones not trying to make genuine matches. That's people not trying to talk enough AND the people who won't let go of their obvious non matches long enough to get to know other people.

Now, I get where Terrance's rant from the preview came from. It's not just the backsliding with beans. They haven't had one truth booth hit yet either and the house is completely divided.

• Love 3

Uche, whether she should have talked to Jada or not, came out in the right. Because at least she approached Jada in a calm/adult manner. 

You want to know why clinton wants nothing to do with you Jada? It’s because shit like that, you pulled. It’s not cute and it doesn’t get you guys like Clinton. I bet Clinton will play the game, but after the show, he’ll just try out a relationship with Uche. I was hoping they were a match.

13 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

What the hell was that all about,Jada?  Trying to get on the Challenge, are you?  All your talking heads, and then a major screaming fit because someone asked you what you were talking about?  Uche was out of line but a simple, "none of your business, Uche" would have sufficed instead of that full on shit show of crying, screaming and hysterics. Honestly, Jada, if you are Clinton's perfect match I'd be surprised. He's looking for a lady, not a tramp!

LOL this comment made me laugh. I like how you said she was trying to get on the Challenge (love that show). I do agree with you because although I understand Uche being hurt and it being difficult to have to move on for game purposes she was out of line asking what Jada and Clinton talked about. I agree a simple response would've sufficed. Jada really overreacted. To get Clinton's attention you have to do better than that lol.  

I know some other comments mentioned Uche was calm (had to go see the part with her again) but she did come up to Jada and asked 3 times what was discussed between Jada and Clinton. Her approach wasn't the best and like I said above it wasn't Uche's place to ask that. I do understand her pain though...only a very few people here are genuine and she's one of them. Doesn't excuse Jada's behavior I don't understand why she reacted that way. I think it could've been handled smoother than what happened.

I agree with RHJunkie and Racj82 about Kareem. He's way too aggressive. It's like no one is allowed to speak their opinion especially if it differs from his own. He's too much to say the least. I agree that Olivia needs to get away from Kareem. I thought in the date she connected with Keith. 

Terrence telling them about how they need to let go of the no matches was spot on. The episode was crazy overall. 

I agree with everyone regarding Jada & Kareem. Both are drama! I was actually surprised Clinton picked Jada as his match because after that screaming and scene-making of hers, I was sure he would have stepped back from that one.

I especially do not like Alexis. She looks totally wasted in every scene. And the pouting is NOT a cute look, Boo-boo! Then, she makes a mean face and bats her eyes at Keith. ...All I see is a drunk girl who thinks she is cute. IT IS NOT CUTE. 

• Love 2
On October 26, 2017 at 3:21 PM, PinkieT said:

I was actually surprised Clinton picked Jada as his match because after that screaming and scene-making of hers, I was sure he would have stepped back from that one.

I wonder if he picked her because this way he can try like hell to get into the truth booth again and prove they're NOT a perfect match and get it over with, or if they ARE a perfect match he can wait it out for Uche to get matched, the show to end and they can reunite (as a relative newcomer to the show, I'm guessing there have to have been at least one or two love matches made in past seasons where the couple was not "a perfect match" but they still got together when the show was over?)

Also, my guess is the lone beam is Joe and Zoe. But I also guess that they're not a couple that will win a challenge to get to the truth booth or stay together long enough to prove it.

And after reading up on Alexis, she is no longer on my "girls I can tolerate" list.

ETA: Because math class is hard and statistics is not even in my world unless it's calculating ERA or something baseball-related, am I correct in assuming that either Kareem/Alivia or Keith/Alexis would be favored to be a perfect match because they are the only couples to get beams during both one-beam week? Or really is it just a crapshoot? (There is a reason the close-captioners caught me when I muttered under my breath while trying to figure out my Jeopardy Daily Double wager "Math class is hard, said Teen Barbie.")

Edited by PamelaMaeSnap
Because there is a difference between Daily Double and Final Jeopardy
  • Love 1

Clearly this was such a riveting episode. 

Am I the only one who cracked up every time they showed Geles sobbing? I felt kind of bad but she was just so hysterical, you’d think she’s like 16 and had been dating the guy for at least 6 months or something. Thank god all that crying forced her to take off her fake tarantula lashes!