Type keyword(s) to search

Are You The One? - General Discussion

• Start Topic

14 minutes ago, TresGatos said:

Paige looked spectacular in the red dress at the final ceremony. 

I am so looking forward to a reunion. I hope there is a reunion!

Sadly, it does not seem that there will be a reunion. For some reason they're having one for ex on the beach but not this show which I find surprising, as I feel that ayto is slightly more popular. I'm sad because the reunion is usually the best episode by far. 

• Love 1

I'm new to this show, and came here for the queer thing, but I found it strangely entertaining. Much more entertaining however is reading up on the candidates twitters, instagrams and so on about what really happened. Mindboggling, but also logical that everything is differend behind the scenes.

Also, I feel like I should drop this article here. It is very good: https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/natalieadler/mtv-are-you-the-one-queer-dating-reality-tv-bisexual

I mean, good for them for winning, but I still found the whole perfect match thing to be a bit silly. Half the couples who ended up being a perfect match didn't even talk to or seem to really like each other before process of elimination dictated they should be together, and then all of a sudden they're all over each other. A lot of it just rang false.

Since there apparently isn't going to be a reunion, does anyone know if any of the "perfect matches" are actually still together? I see from above that Remy is with Paige now.

4 minutes ago, Giuseppe said:

Since there apparently isn't going to be a reunion, does anyone know if any of the "perfect matches" are actually still together? 

There was a reunion. It's on youtube. It's over 2 hours. I've only watched the first hour so far. It's hard to follow.

Remy and Paige are a couple and living together. Jonathan teased that him and Basit will be talking about their status in an upcoming youtube video. Kai/Danny are not together. Kai/Jenna are not together. Kai is dating a woman not from the show.

That's all I got from what I watched so far.

• Love 1

I just finished the season! I'm glad they won the money.

Apparently, Basit was flirting in Remy's inbox on Instagram and tried to get Remy to cheat.  I was surprised at hearing a few hook ups that the show got rid of (Remy/Kari, Danny with Jenna and Kai, Remy with Amber and Justin in the last episode). I wonder if they did that in every season.

14 hours ago, VelvetDreaming said:

I was surprised at hearing a few hook ups that the show got rid of (Remy/Kari, Danny with Jenna and Kai, Remy with Amber and Justin in the last episode). I wonder if they did that in every season.

They do.  Every season the cast talks about the multitudes of hookups which were never shown.

On 9/15/2019 at 1:44 PM, Treehugger9 said:

Also, amber and nour are in a relationship but not a serious/committed one from what I gathered. Come on amber! You can do so much better than nour. 

Agree! Nour is such a shallow, mean girl. I thought people grew out of that behaviour in their teens. 

On 1/9/2020 at 4:46 PM, Treehugger9 said:

Alexis Eddy Dead: ‘Are You The One?’ Star Dies At 23 – Hollywood Life
https://hollywoodlife.com/2020/01/09/alexis-eddy-dead-are-you-the-one-death/

😔😔😔

She was entertaining and just crazy funny. Read she had been sober but recently broke off her engagement. Not sure the reasons for the disengagement. 

All the stress related to her cousin she mentioned at the reunion and the overwhelming shielding by her family to keep her away from the incident. Felt like maybe some of her suppose to be best years were ruined. 

Just sad all the way around. 🙏

I just binge watched season 3 on Netflix. Pretty stupid show and sorry, but I *hate* when these young girls throw themselves at the guys. It makes me sad. They all end up "heartbroken".

I was curious to see if there was an actual solution, given all the information that you know by episode 10. So I opened up Excel and went back through every episode, marking up what I knew for sure by the end (before the lighting ceremony). 

Then I cross-matched the lighting ceremony matches for each episode and ultimately came up with 4 viable solutions. In episode 10, Devin "discovers" that there are 2 potential scenarios. One of them is one of my 4 viable solutions. I then set to work looking at the other potential solution, and quickly found a contradiction.  

Ultimately, the coin was the genius of this show, and clearly they were handed a couple of potential solutions by the producers. I have no clue what Devin was doing with the cup thing.

Probably gonna watch season 4 of this dumb show to see what my spreadsheets tell me this time! Maybe I'll fast-forward through all the "but I loooooove him sooooo much..." gunk.

• Love 1
On 12/16/2021 at 1:13 PM, jenh526 said:

Probably gonna watch season 4 of this dumb show to see what my spreadsheets tell me this time! Maybe I'll fast-forward through all the "but I loooooove him sooooo much..." gunk.

The mathematical puzzle was the favorite part for a lot of people watching the show (including myself).  There was a whole community of us working each episode to figure out the matches.  I still have my spreadsheets saved somewhere.  Probably the most well-known person doing this was the guy behind the Are You The One? Math blog (who usually figured it out by the 7th or 8th episode): https://www.elle.com/culture/movies-tv/a28399722/are-you-the-one-math-interview/

If you like the mathematical aspect of the show, you should check out the last season (season 8) where all of the contestants are sexually fluid.  I thought that season was a good balance between your usual MTV sloppiness and the contestants having reasonable deduction skills.

• Love 1

Brandon hooking up on consecutive nights after declaring he likes to wait to get physical. Typical fucboi. I wish I could remember which of the women called it by just looking at him.

They seem a bit older than some of the earlier casts. I like the diversity, but it does make it harder on what's supposed to be a "find your soulmate" type show. 

I soaked up every second of the all the previous seasons, but this season I find myself skipping through most of it.

At the end of the day, all I wanna know is who went into the Truth Booth, who picked who at the matching ceremony, and how many lights did they get. Everything else… skip.

• Like 1
On 1/29/2023 at 11:30 AM, AntFTW said:

I soaked up every second of the all the previous seasons, but this season I find myself skipping through most of it.

At the end of the day, all I wanna know is who went into the Truth Booth, who picked who at the matching ceremony, and how many lights did they get. Everything else… skip.

Same.  Most seasons' casts are pretty bad at the game but this season's cast has been helpless.  The producers have been so heavy handed with the truth booths (including a bonus truth booth essentially when Sam departed the show) and this group still fails to progress.  I guess their chances of winning are dependent on how much the producers like them.  Hopefully they don't end up like the one season before than actually lost the game.

• Like 1