Type keyword(s) to search

Are You The One? - General Discussion

• Start Topic

These poor idiot children. I swear, I feel about 100 watching this show. 

Honestly, the best part for me was Jaylan's chicken bone obsession. He seems really funny and not a total pathetic mess which is why we don't see much of him. 

• Love 4

After learning about another non-match, a distraught Alicia moves in on someone else's man; Tyler's confession makes Shannon question his intentions; the ``bro-code'' is broken and some embarrassing secrets are revealed.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, jenrising said:

He seems really funny

And very likeable.

None of the girls are interested in him, though I'm sure almost every one asked for a nice guy with a good sense of humor.

• Love 5

I don't know what's worse.... going to the honey moon suite someone who is in a 'relationship' with someone else or thinking you have a connection with a guy and he sleeps with your BFF in the house right before you're off to the honeymoon suite.  That was brutal. 

• Love 1

Hannah and Ozzy were a sweet couple. I was rooting for them. I loved Hannah calling out Alicia...Alicia having the audacity to get upset was everything. Given that she knows that what she did was even worse than what she admitted to, she should have just shut her mouth or simply acknowledge her bad and move on. 

With the group of thinkers they've got going on this season, producers may have to forgetfully leave their perfect match report lying around the house...like what I'm convinced they did for the season 3 geniuses, lol. 

• Love 3

Right now, the one current couple I actually think may be a "Perfect Match" is Andre and Taylor.  

I'm really interested to see who Oswaldo Gorgeous Man of Mystery (or complete lack of personality, not sure which one, but DAYUM is his pub shot easy on the eyes!) ends up being matched with. 

I hope Jaylan gets someone nice and fun and sweet. Maybe Kathryn? 

After Kari's match up ploy, there are still 6 possible couples who are the other beam from Week 1. Too bad those couples are:

Taylor/Tyler

Gianna/Ozzy

Kari/Mike

Hannah/Michael

Shannon/Hayden

Kathryn/Derrick

i would laugh pretty hard if T/T was the real match, but I'm leaning toward G/O.

• Love 1
On 2/17/2017 at 3:12 PM, Amy Beth said:

After Kari's match up ploy, there are still 6 possible couples who are the other beam from Week 1. Too bad those couples are:

Taylor/Tyler

Gianna/Ozzy

Kari/Mike

Hannah/Michael

Shannon/Hayden

Kathryn/Derrick

i would laugh pretty hard if T/T was the real match, but I'm leaning toward G/O.

Agreed.  If not them, Hannah+Michael seems like a viable personality match. 

I did a quick spreadsheet using the 7 weeks of match up and truth booth information to take a stab at the perfect matches. Through deductive reasoning, some assumption on strongest couples and cross-referencing match-ups to make sure they're consistent, I was able to pair all 11 of these guys in a matter of 15 minutes of plotting information on a spreadsheet. They may not all be right but it seems like a better starting point than what these guys have going on. Why aren't they revisiting their week 1 matches. They only had 2 perfect matches and they now know that one of them was Eddie and Kam. Going with deductive reasoning - almost all of the week 1 matches have fizzled out and the one clear immediate connection made that week was with Taylor and Tyler. Those two need to go into the truth booth. I really think they could be a match. 

4 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

I did a quick spreadsheet using the 7 weeks of match up and truth booth information to take a stab at the perfect matches. Through deductive reasoning, some assumption on strongest couples and cross-referencing match-ups to make sure they're consistent, I was able to pair all 11 of these guys in a matter of 15 minutes of plotting information on a spreadsheet. They may not all be right but it seems like a better starting point than what these guys have going on. Why aren't they revisiting their week 1 matches. They only had 2 perfect matches and they now know that one of them was Eddie and Kam. Going with deductive reasoning - almost all of the week 1 matches have fizzled out and the one clear immediate connection made that week was with Taylor and Tyler. Those two need to go into the truth booth. I really think they could be a match. 

The answer to all of this is they are idiots. But more pointedly, they are too busy clearly making the same type of connections that leave them single all the time instead of trying something different. 

All these idiots need to do is sit down and hash out what they listed and are looking for via the questioning before the show and make matches from there.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Racj82 said:

The answer to all of this is they are idiots. But more pointedly, they are too busy clearly making the same type of connections that leave them single all the time instead of trying something different. 

All these idiots need to do is sit down and hash out what they listed and are looking for via the questioning before the show and make matches from there.

Didn't they say earlier in the game that they needed to all go around asking each other about what they put on their questionnaire? I feel like even if they sit down and talk it out, the ones who already have connections or attractions to people will latch on to similarities. I remember in one episode that Andre and Taylor mentioned something about family and Taylor was like 'oh I put that too' and I'm not sure how much before or after that conversation did they ever discuss what they're looking for but I suspect that is the theme that all of these people are following - convenient similarities that allow them to continue to pursue each other. 

Do none of these idiots realize that Tyler/Shannon, Hayden/Carolina and Joey/Kathryn have been paired up in EVERY ceremony where they've gotten 4 beams. The percentages would suggest that at least one of those couples are a perfect match. Why are they not focusing on using their truth booths to reveal information on couples that have been consistent during this 4 beam streak? Instead they put every Tom, Dick and Harry into the truth booth who claims they're a perfect match and because the couple looks 'so good' together. I feel like they're going to keep Tyler out of the truth booth just because they don't like him.

Also, I can't stand Alicia. As shady as her behaviour with Eddie was after she found out he was a perfect match with Kam, the fact that she confronted Hannah, defending herself about how she hasn't slept with anyone in the house, point blank period, is just disgusting because she's showing herself to be the type of woman that will talk someone down to save her hide and even lie about the facts so long as she knows that the others don't have proof of what the actual truth is. She's pretty fucking dumb though - don't tell people that you didn't do something when you confessed to the cameras that you did in fact do it. The house may not know it now but now the house and viewers know that you're now both shady and a liar, lol. She also seems like the girl that enjoys the challenge of having a man choose her over another woman. This girl has paired up with Mike the most of any other guy...why don't we see her trying to discover that? Because I think Mike is actually her match. Alicia is a dominant personality - I think her perfect match would be a guy that has a no-nonsense approach to his relationship expectations because he's a guy that thinks that you can't love me and respect me if you're gonna do me dirty and I think that's the bar that a man needs to set for her. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

Didn't they say earlier in the game that they needed to all go around asking each other about what they put on their questionnaire? I feel like even if they sit down and talk it out, the ones who already have connections or attractions to people will latch on to similarities. I remember in one episode that Andre and Taylor mentioned something about family and Taylor was like 'oh I put that too' and I'm not sure how much before or after that conversation did they ever discuss what they're looking for but I suspect that is the theme that all of these people are following - convenient similarities that allow them to continue to pursue each other. 

Do none of these idiots realize that Tyler/Shannon, Hayden/Carolina and Joey/Kathryn have been paired up in EVERY ceremony where they've gotten 4 beams. The percentages would suggest that at least one of those couples are a perfect match. Why are they not focusing on using their truth booths to reveal information on couples that have been consistent during this 4 beam streak? Instead they put every Tom, Dick and Harry into the truth booth who claims they're a perfect match and because the couple looks 'so good' together. I feel like they're going to keep Tyler out of the truth booth just because they don't like him.

Also, I can't stand Alicia. As shady as her behaviour with Eddie was after she found out he was a perfect match with Kam, the fact that she confronted Hannah, defending herself about how she hasn't slept with anyone in the house, point blank period, is just disgusting because she's showing herself to be the type of woman that will talk someone down to save her hide and even lie about the facts so long as she knows that the others don't have proof of what the actual truth is. She's pretty fucking dumb though - don't tell people that you didn't do something when you confessed to the cameras that you did in fact do it. The house may not know it now but now the house and viewers know that you're now both shady and a liar, lol. She also seems like the girl that enjoys the challenge of having a man choose her over another woman. This girl has paired up with Mike the most of any other guy...why don't we see her trying to discover that? Because I think Mike is actually her match. Alicia is a dominant personality - I think her perfect match would be a guy that has a no-nonsense approach to his relationship expectations because he's a guy that thinks that you can't love me and respect me if you're gonna do me dirty and I think that's the bar that a man needs to set for her. 

I hate that these people may still win the money because we've seen people be this clueless this far in the game too. 

If only if they spent the time keeping trackof the lights compared to who's sticking together week to week. Maybe they would be able to figure some things out. But eh, hooking up with who you find hot is more important.

The results have been spoiled because MTV is doing a spin-off show with 10 perfect matches from various seasons

including 3 from this season.

Anyone who wants to know the matches can check out the website that does the math:

www.areuthe.blogspot.com

Edited by OnceSane
Added spoiler tags

I just can't get past the realization that a mother named her daughter Tyranny. What's her brother named, Oppression?

The challenge is exactly the sort of exercise they should have taken the initiative to do on week 1, instead of thinking with their loins... For instance, I personally would know I wasn't paired with someone who put Fitness, Faith or Power/Influence at the top of their lists.

On Alicia and her confrontation, I thought I heard an "except" after her claim of not sleeping with anyone -- as in, "I haven't slept with anyone except guys I thought were my match," something like that. Even though she boinked some guy after he was a confirmed match with someone else, didn't she? She hungers for drama.

Edited by Andromeda
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Andromeda said:

I just can't get past the realization that a mother named her daughter Tyranny. What's her brother named, Oppression?

The challenge is exactly the sort of exercise they should have taken the initiative to do on week 1, instead of thinking with their loins... For instance, I personally would know I wasn't paired with someone who put Fitness, Faith or Power/Influence at the top of their lists.

On Alicia and her confrontation, I thought I heard an "except" after her claim of not sleeping with anyone -- as in, "I haven't slept with anyone except guys I thought were my match," something like that. Even though she boinked some guy after he was a confirmed match with someone else, didn't she? She hungers for drama.

I think she said she didn't sleep with any guys in the house and she didn't kiss any guys in the house except for the ones she thought could be her match. She hasn't fessed up to the house that she did sleep with Eddie so I assumed that in her statement, the 'except' was in reference to her making out with guys, not sleeping with guys. And this is also going under the assumption that if it were made fact by Alicia that she did in fact sleep with Eddie (who falls under the category guys she thought could be her match), it would be something that would come up at the rose ceremony, putting Eddie in the hot seat as well.

a mother named her daughter Tyranny

The name is unfortunate, but I'm shocked at how little interest there is in Tyranny among the guys.  She seems so playful, happy and sexy.

Alicia, Alicia, Alicia... I've known so many of you.  "He's only boyfriend material if he's already someone's boyfriend."  Such a doomed path, especially with so many nice unattached guys still left.  Wouldn't it be better to exhaust those options first?

Excellent timing and technique on that Carolina kiss, Hayden.  Holding it down for The Nice Guys. 

• Love 3

Alicia has officially booked a spot on The Challenge.  I'd say well-played, but all she did was hook up with potentially taken men.  I expect that her "perfect match" will be someone she had no interest in at any time--unless she sees him getting serious with someone else.

Please let this group be the first to not win the money; they obviously don't care about the money as much as they care about hooking up & trying to secure a spot on the Challenge.

• Love 4

I too hope that these idiots are the first to not win the money.  

Then I hope next season has them reverting back to the original rules:  10 couples, no blackout penalty, and no truth booth bribe

• Love 4

I really want this group to lose, too. I will find it even more obvious than last season (or was it s2?) that Production helped them if they actually end up winning.

Alicia is horrible, but honestly I can't stand Hannah either. Ozzy ain't your match girl and he clearly doesn't really give a shit that he's not, so move the fuck on!

A part of me was sad that Taylor and Andre weren't a match simply because I really like Andre and he really liked Taylor. But Taylor sucks, so you're better off, Andre!

I hope Kari and Derrick are a match because Kari is one of the few women I actually like this season and I also really like Derrick.

@RHJunkie could you possibly post your spreadsheet or at least just your spec on who the matches are?

• Love 1
On 2/26/2017 at 9:19 AM, peachmangosteen said:

I really want this group to lose, too. I will find it even more obvious than last season (or was it s2?) that Production helped them if they actually end up winning.

Alicia is horrible, but honestly I can't stand Hannah either. Ozzy ain't your match girl and he clearly doesn't really give a shit that he's not, so move the fuck on!

A part of me was sad that Taylor and Andre weren't a match simply because I really like Andre and he really liked Taylor. But Taylor sucks, so you're better off, Andre!

I hope Kari and Derrick are a match because Kari is one of the few women I actually like this season and I also really like Derrick.

@RHJunkie could you possibly post your spreadsheet or at least just your spec on who the matches are?

one of these seasons they have to lose right?? What's the fun in having every season win?

• Love 1
4 hours ago, gunderda said:

one of these seasons they have to lose right?? What's the fun in having every season win?

I have been rooting for them to lose every season since the very first one started.  I like to watch reality TV people suffer.

• Love 1

It only took like 7 match ups for these guys to figure out that they should probably TALK to each other to see what they're looking for. Jaylan had the line of the night 'he can't be real because he looks like Johnny Bravo'. If any girl in the house really tried to connect with him, she'd have the highest likelihood of leaving the house with a real relationship. 

While I had Hayden and Carolina as one of the perfect matches, I knew for certain that they were making it into the truth booth in this episode and they were going to be a perfect match because MTV aired an AYTO Second Chances commercial during AYTO  and they showed Carolina and Hayden together.

Did I miss something that happened between Joey and Kathryn? I have them as one of my matches and all of a sudden they're completely into other people. I really don't see the big deal about Taylor's looks...and I don't like the way she does her eyeliner...it always looks so clunky, lol. Taylor cared a big deal about perfect matches when she was all into Tyler and he kept entertaining Shannon. She felt it was such a tragedy that he wouldn't commit to her to try and discover something since they could be a perfect match. Now she doesn't care and she's throwing tantrums because other people are expressing the same frustrations about perfect matches that she once had. 

• Love 2

I definitely don't like Taylor. I think she is a petty, selfish, whiner. Remember when she was talking about how trashy the house was because they were dancing and partying that night? She could NEVER do what they were doing. Then she was obsessing over Tyler whining over not having his attention and trying to get the houses pity. Then she falls for Andre only because he is the rebound after Tyler who treats her like his treasure. Which is sweet. But then they're a no match and she decides to treat the house like crap. As if it's their fault nothing works out. I agree she's an average type of pretty, not necessarily the goddess she is made out to be by Andre. But really if he wants to ride with her, good for him. But I honestly don't think she can reciprocate and actually be as loving and kind as Andre is to her. I think he deserves better. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

I was distracted by the amount of blush the host Ryan was wearing at the match ceremony. 

I believe they call that "contouring." 

9 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

Did I miss something that happened between Joey and Kathryn?

Joey was interested in both Kathryn and Cas, but with Cas being eliminated as Jaylan's match in that Wasted Match Ceremony he's directed all his attention to her.  Also, Kathryn seems like someone who's distracted easily.  Something shiny! 

I could see her working it out with Michael because she's a good listener and he doesn't shut the fuck up.

• Love 3

I'm thinking Joey and Cas are one of the matches but what do I know? I also thought Andre and Taylor were a match. I also think Jaylan and Tyranny are a match.  And totally agree with whoever said that he'd be a great catch ...

16 minutes ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

I'm thinking Joey and Cas are one of the matches but what do I know? I also thought Andre and Taylor were a match. I also think Jaylan and Tyranny are a match.  And totally agree with whoever said that he'd be a great catch ...

I think Jaylan and Tyranny are one of the matches too! But I don't think Joey and Cas are. They're like the exact same person. I think they have a natural connection because they're so similar and they have fun together. They both seem to enjoy being the person in the crowd to get the party going or make people laugh and I think in the real world, they would end up being competing personalities. They're both used to commanding attention and as a couple, it'll be a tug of war to fit their personalities.

• Love 1

The smug look on Gianna's face as Hayden & Carolina headed to the truth booth made me so glad they were a perfect match!  And then Gianna's sad little face while everyone was celebrating made me laugh. 

The house had a point: why did Hayden & Gianna have to break up and pursue other options, but Taylor/Andre & Hannah/Ozzy somehow get out of doing that because they whined extra?

I like Mike & Kathryn, they seemed to have a nice connection.  But I don't think Joey & Cas are a match.

Ryan was saucy tonight!  Maybe it was the contouring...gave him confidence.

• Love 5

I agree with Jaylan being a catch! When I saw that "ex", I exclaimed, "Holy shit, it's Johnny Bravo!" Then he said the same thing later. THEN he quoted Dumb and Dumber with his, "So you're saying there a chance!" line. I like him a lot. 

I like Carrie too. She seems smart. As for the others...meh. 

• Love 1

I mean, let's be real here.  Most of these people are here for the money, and aren't even going to try a relationship with their "perfect match" so it seems so pointless to get so worked up about whether "no match" couples are staying together.  I would spend my time looking at the two perfect match couples and figuring out why the matchmakers put them together, and then trying to figure out who the matchmakers would pair together.  It seems at least as valid as going on "feelings" and "following your heart."  I mean, this is a game at heart, just play the game!  Who cares what Taylor/Andre and Hannah/Ozzy are doing as long as they at least participate in trying to crack the code and don't insist on picking each other during the ceremonies.  Of course, this may be why I'm not on a show like this...all logic, no emotion!

• Love 4
15 hours ago, hilaryvm said:

I mean, let's be real here.  Most of these people are here for the money, and aren't even going to try a relationship with their "perfect match" so it seems so pointless to get so worked up about whether "no match" couples are staying together.  I would spend my time looking at the two perfect match couples and figuring out why the matchmakers put them together, and then trying to figure out who the matchmakers would pair together.  It seems at least as valid as going on "feelings" and "following your heart."  I mean, this is a game at heart, just play the game!  Who cares what Taylor/Andre and Hannah/Ozzy are doing as long as they at least participate in trying to crack the code and don't insist on picking each other during the ceremonies.  Of course, this may be why I'm not on a show like this...all logic, no emotion!

Non matches staying together interferes with the strategy part of the game (which is really what it all ends up coming down to...not listening to your heart). A big part of the problem is that non-matches aren't actually investing in the process of learning who they're perfect match might be even if just for the sake of winning the money. Taylor and Andre already said that they were going to be together regardless but they're on board...and by that they said that the house can just tell them what to do. They aren't participating, they've just become dead weight to the rest of the house and have agreed to be dragged the rest of the way to the finish line. If you're spending all of your time with someone that you know isn't your match, that's time your not spending trying to learn who your real match is and in the end, it's interfering with the logic and strategy of the game. I would imagine that's the real crux of the matter with so much hostility in the house for the non-matches - the rest of the house has to pick up their slack and not only figure out themselves in the house but they have to do it for these guys because they aren't even trying.

• Love 7

An altercation during a house party threatens Michael's relationship with Kathryn. Strategy tries to tear couples apart and forces Shannon to choose between listening to the house or following her heart.

• Love 1
On March 2, 2017 at 5:30 PM, hilaryvm said:

I don't think they're in it for the prize $$. Most are aspiring actors/models/singers/famewhores. They want to increase their IG followers and get cast on The Challenge, get a credit for the resumes. The more obnoxious they act, the more screen time they get.

This whole "following their hearts" thing is BS. The only body part these bozos follow is their crotches. 

12 hours ago, Amy Beth said:

This whole "following their hearts" thing is BS. The only body part these bozos follow is their crotches. 

Agreed. One piece of evidence is that they just thought of trying to determine who might be their matches by talking to each other rather than the previous strategy of drunken hooking up.

The funniest thing about all of this is that as much as sense as it makes for them to sit down and talk to each to figure out what each of them said as their perfect match, they're like 8 weeks in and have the benefit of several truth booths and match up ceremonies to help them along the way. They're more preoccupied with being in lust with people in the house and convincing themselves that they're perfect matches when they have so much strategy available to them at this point to figure it out and spend the rest of the time exploring whether they can make something work with their perfect match. My perfect match predictions have some completely random pairings...if I'm correct, it'll be hilarious to see these guys sitting next to each other at the last match up ceremony pretending like they didn't get help figuring it out.

Mike & Alicia, Derrick & Cassandra, Hayden & Carolina, Andre & Kathryn, Tyler & Hannah, Jaylan & Tyranny, Joey & Shannon, Eddie & Kam, Michael & Kari, Osvaldo & Taylor, Ozzy & Gianna. Bolded have never even thought to match up for a ceremony yet. But in fairness, Shannon and Kathryn spent most of their time paired with Tyler and Joey so it took them off the board.

After week 8 there was enough information for the contestants to determine the "perfect" matches.  They are Kam & Edward, Tayler & Ozzy, Kari & Mike, Casandra & Derrick, Carolina & Hayden, Tyranny & Jaylan, Gianna & Andre, Hannah & Osvaldo, Alicia & Michael, Kathyrn & Joey, Shannon & Tyler

(edited)
9 hours ago, wodin said:

After week 8 there was enough information for the contestants to determine the "perfect" matches.  They are Kam & Edward, Tayler & Ozzy, Kari & Mike, Casandra & Derrick, Carolina & Hayden, Tyranny & Jaylan, Gianna & Andre, Hannah & Osvaldo, Alicia & Michael, Kathyrn & Joey, Shannon & Tyler

Not sure this works. According to this list, in week 6 the perfect matches would have been Kam/Eddie, Carolina/Hayden, Michael/Kari, Kathryn/Joey and Shannon/Tyler which would have given them 5 beams but that week they only got 4 beams.

Edit: Missed the first 20 minutes of tonight's episode so I missed Derrick's strategy but if everything was going according to plan based on the first 4 couples at the match up ceremony, then I think Derrick is the only guy that was on to something in terms of strategy. Before the final number of beams are revealed, I'm calling 9 beams.  If that's the case, Shannon did them a huge favour because now it's obvious that the last two matches they need are Shannon and Hannah swapping their perfect matches. But since that's obvious, the finale's drama will probably be Shannon torn thinking that she and Tyler were one of the perfect matches this week and therefore she'll continue to sit on the fence of whether she should choose Tyler in the final match up or not. 

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 2
On 3/8/2017 at 6:38 PM, RHJunkie said:

Not sure this works. According to this list, in week 6 the perfect matches would have been Kam/Eddie, Carolina/Hayden, Michael/Kari, Kathryn/Joey and Shannon/Tyler which would have given them 5 beams but that week they only got 4 beams.

Edit: Missed the first 20 minutes of tonight's episode so I missed Derrick's strategy but if everything was going according to plan based on the first 4 couples at the match up ceremony, then I think Derrick is the only guy that was on to something in terms of strategy. Before the final number of beams are revealed, I'm calling 9 beams.  If that's the case, Shannon did them a huge favour because now it's obvious that the last two matches they need are Shannon and Hannah swapping their perfect matches. But since that's obvious, the finale's drama will probably be Shannon torn thinking that she and Tyler were one of the perfect matches this week and therefore she'll continue to sit on the fence of whether she should choose Tyler in the final match up or not. 

Except that she was supposed to pick Derrick according to their strategy, which means that next week they will probably switch with the wrong couple.  If she had followed the strategy they would have known that 3 couples needed to be mixed and matched and they could have used the Truth Booth to figure it out.  For instance, say they put Shannon and Tyler in the Truth Booth next and it says no match.  With Shannon choosing Tyler this week they haven't learned enough to guess correctly which two couples to switch.  They may end up switching to Shannon/Derrick and Cas/Tyler and losing, especially since Derrick seems to have blinders on about his strategy and may not put anymore thought into it once Shannon and Tyler are confirmed a no match.  If Shannon had chosen Derrick as she was supposed to, then there would have been 8 beams this episode and they would have known that Derrick isn't her match.  After putting her in the Truth Booth with Tyler they would have known that both Derrick and Tyler aren't her match so it must be Joey.  They would also know that 3 couples need to be switched, not just 2, so with Shannon matching with Joey, then Hannah needs to be matched with Tyler and Cas with Derrick.

21 minutes ago, lilabennet said:

Except that she was supposed to pick Derrick according to their strategy, which means that next week they will probably switch with the wrong couple.  If she had followed the strategy they would have known that 3 couples needed to be mixed and matched and they could have used the Truth Booth to figure it out.  For instance, say they put Shannon and Tyler in the Truth Booth next and it says no match.  With Shannon choosing Tyler this week they haven't learned enough to guess correctly which two couples to switch.  They may end up switching to Shannon/Derrick and Cas/Tyler and losing, especially since Derrick seems to have blinders on about his strategy and may not put anymore thought into it once Shannon and Tyler are confirmed a no match.  If Shannon had chosen Derrick as she was supposed to, then there would have been 8 beams this episode and they would have known that Derrick isn't her match.  After putting her in the Truth Booth with Tyler they would have known that both Derrick and Tyler aren't her match so it must be Joey.  They would also know that 3 couples need to be switched, not just 2, so with Shannon matching with Joey, then Hannah needs to be matched with Tyler and Cas with Derrick.

Thanks for explaining that. Like I said, I didn't see the beginning so I'm not sure what his strategy was. It sounds like most of the matches were through deductive reasoning but it makes perfect sense why Derrick, Tyler and Joey's matches couldn't be confirmed through this method - because both Joey and Tyler have consistently matched themselves with Kathryn and Shannon for the majority of the game - both of whom are not their matches. It provided limited match up comparisons to safely deduce that information. As long as they put any one combination of those 6 people into the truth booth next week, they can figure it out - but it requires them buying fully into the strategy. I'll be really surprised if they don't win the money next week.

Also - are they allowed to have pen and paper in the house to write this information down to keep track?

I'm calling it... I think they finally lose this one.... because they're actually showing us HOW they are working strategically to figure it out. 

Last year they didnt give us any hint that they were using strategy and randomly won it.

who's ready for the second chances show!?!?

20 hours ago, gunderda said:

I'm calling it... I think they finally lose this one.... because they're actually showing us HOW they are working strategically to figure it out. 

Last year they didnt give us any hint that they were using strategy and randomly won it.

who's ready for the second chances show!?!?

Ah, propaganda for their "follow your heart" BS?

Of course, without using a logic strategy, they wouldn't even be in a position to win in week 10. They'd likely still be stuck on 4 or 5 beams.

• Love 1