Type keyword(s) to search

Are You The One? - General Discussion

• Start Topic

35 minutes ago, Jeffurry said:

Unless I missed something, the show picked the three couples who were eligible for the truth booth. Was this the first time they've done that?

IIRC, yep.

I never knew camo pants were equivalent to being an ax murderer.  And then Gianna puts him on blast in front of everyone AFTER the Truth Booth fail?  NAGL.

WTF was up with the way Michael kissed?  I know you're tall, man, but that was super awkward.

"If I go home broke, I'm gonna break your face."  Haaaaa!

• Love 2

I'm so glad this show is back. Not sure how I feel about a handful of new "twists" but I love the new house. Nice to see NewJulia (whatever her name is, need a few eps to get them) is already creating hilarious drama. 

There's a deleted scene on the MTV website where Alicia goes off on Hannah for doing a body shot off Andre... on night 1. If she's this clingy already, you can only imagine how bad it's going to get when he breathes in someone else's direction next week. Girl needs to take it down several notches.

• Love 1

The cast all throwing shade at each other on social media is 100 times more interesting than the actual episodes.

And Julia calling Hannah out for being the reason she's not with Stephen anymore on the aftershow is 100 times more interesting than anything she ever did on her season. Although the irony of the girl who had a boyfriend the entire time she was filming getting mad at Stephen for cheating on her in Vegas is not lost on me.

Edited by dom16
  • Love 4

Ooh tell me where to find the social media shade!

i love this show so much. I have been forcing my husband to watch it with me this season. Perfect mix of cheesiness, laughable drama, and a logic puzzle mixed in! Heaven.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, lgprimes said:

Ooh tell me where to find the social media shade!

i love this show so much. I have been forcing my husband to watch it with me this season. Perfect mix of cheesiness, laughable drama, and a logic puzzle mixed in! Heaven.

Right? I want to know too

On 1/19/2017 at 1:14 PM, lgprimes said:

This, exactly! The drama is so awful & amazing. I always find one or two people to root for each season, though they often change throughout the season. I like the puzzle part, and I actually also love the doofy challenges. 

• Love 1

I know this is asking too much of them, since it would mean planning in advance, but last week they could have avoided the blackout by noting every intended match-up prior to the ceremony and then going, "Oh, wait, last week we had 2 beams, but none of these matches are the same as last week, so they can't be right."  Oh well.  They did better this week, but I think it will just confuse them more, because everyone will think THEY were one of the 4 beams.

• Love 1

The title of this episode is just too perfect.  So many people in their feelings and getting butthurt over their former hookup daring to talk to others without first beating their breast and shedding copious tears.

• Love 2

This show is too hilarious. It's very clear that 90% of these contestants are there to for a paid vacation to hook up with hot people and possibly win some money. When the group turned down the money in favour of the truth booth results, they clearly said that they couldn't jeopardize $500,000 prize money with another blackout and that they needed the results to narrow things down further. The host turns around and says "this is proof that you're doing the right thing and following your heart...you chose love over money'. How stupid do you think the audience is? lol

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

This show is too hilarious. It's very clear that 90% of these contestants are there to for a paid vacation to hook up with hot people and possibly win some money. When the group turned down the money in favour of the truth booth results, they clearly said that they couldn't jeopardize $500,000 prize money with another blackout and that they needed the results to narrow things down further. The host turns around and says "this is proof that you're doing the right thing and following your heart...you chose love over money'. How stupid do you think the audience is? lol

Bolded: I have never understand why he says this.  Because when they follow their heart they black out, EVERY season. This game is obviously strategic. 

I hope they do take the bribe at some point because I want to see how the girl completely freaks out that she can't be confirmed with her "match". 

• Love 3

This show just plays to my evil streak way to much.  One day they're SO in love because they've known each other 10 whole days!  They get the blackout and at least 3 girls are in tears, the guys are gutted.  How can we go on?  I just want to leave... waaaaaahhhhh.... Oh wait!  Deep breath, okay, I'm over you.  Time to move on.  I never really loved you anyway, it was a game, d'uh!   Hi!  You are SO totally my REAL match!  I love you, let's have sex!

• Love 3

The people I can't stand on this show are:

Carolina Duarte - Hoe!

Gianna Hammer - One of the most annoying personalities I have ever seen on the show. 

Shannon Duffy - Weird.

Ozzy Morales - Into himself and an overall ass.

Tyler O’Brien - A psychopathy.

On 2017-01-27 at 1:06 PM, gunderda said:

Bolded: I have never understand why he says this.  Because when they follow their heart they black out, EVERY season. This game is obviously strategic. 

I hope they do take the bribe at some point because I want to see how the girl completely freaks out that she can't be confirmed with her "match". 

I rarely find that people do follow their 'heart's. I think couples are often draw by pure physical attraction. It's a pretty simple recipe that is easy to fall into - talk to hot girl/guy, think they're pretty cool...oh they must be my match. There are so many nuances to a healthy relationships and these guys are barely hitting the surface level but somehow think they're in love. But with that said, I'm not sure if the show is really pairing up perfect matches. I think they choose their cast and make the couplings fit as best they can. For me, that would explain why every season there's always some perfect matches that come out of nowhere and seem to make no sense.

I wouldn't mind them taking the bribe as well but it would probably mean that they're super confident in being able to figure everything out otherwise they're taking $150K but risking the entire pot at money at the end of the show.

• Love 3

Tyranny and Osvaldo were cute together.  I thought they were a match.  So last week's after show showed that Taylor and what's his name, her crush, had sex.  No wonder she feels like he owes her an explanation and why she has feelings.   That sucks that he just used her and blew her off.  Taylor really is gorgeous!

Trust me, I'm no saint.  What I am is a realist.  Last night I was hoping that Tyranny & Osvaldo would wait until after the truth booth to bang.  It might have saved some tears.

Not just the sex, but the quickly in love/falling in love.  Can't people stay in crush/dating/getting to know you mode for more than a week or two?

I liked the flirtation that developing between Taylor and I can't remember if it's Andre or Edward.  Also thought that Kathryn & Joey are cute together.

• Love 2

I knew Osvaldo & Tyranny wouldn't be a match because she was so adamant they were true love forever.

And everyone seems to go into "all or nothing" mode quickly so they can have dibs on their crush.  Which leads to tears etc. because none of them know WTF they're doing.

• Love 3

I guess I'm in the minority but I don't get what the big deal is about Taylor. She's definitely pretty but not exceptionally so that she stands out way above the rest. I actually think this season's female cast is really attractive. I understand that Taylor and Tyler did sleep together and I get how that creates emotions and Taylor's need for a conversation. Though her desire for a conversation isn't for clarification and/or closure - it's just for clarification so that Tyler can commit to giving their relationship a chance in the house. She doesn't want him to walk away from their 'thing'. As pretty as she is, her personality has red flags going up for me. I'm always leery of a woman who is willing to confront a man that has done her wrong but throws all of the blame and insults toward the other woman. Tyler was not 'her' man that she needed to throw those digs at Shannon and try to insinuate that Tyler is stupid for downgrading from her to Shannon. That's catty and behaviour that I wouldn't want to be friends with so I can't imagine if I would want to date that type of personality if I were a guy either. Tyler does seem to have something more authentic with Shannon but hard to tell if editing is a major factor here.

Felt bad for Tyranny and Osvaldo and was hoping that they would hold off until after the Truth Booth results - they had gone so far and knew they were going on a date and would likely be sent into the Booth - adding that layer to their relationship before even knowing the results was a huge risk that didn't pay off. I feel their relationship seemed a bit more sincere beyond just physical attraction. Should be interesting to see how both of them move forward in the game given how invested they were in thinking they were each others' match.

• Love 6

Hayden's that guy who goes in 150% on the first girl who pays any attention to him.  I do think Carolina would be a great fit and rewarding match for him since she seems to reciprocate as much attention as she gets.

• Love 4

This group has more icky behavior than all the other seasons put together.  No wonder some of these people "suck at relationships".  They suck at behaving like civilized humans half the time.  I'm not rooting for anyone to find love at this point, and I'm definitely not rooting for them to win the money.  Usually I end up caring about some of them by now.

I do feel bad for Kam that she had to go with that nasty dude to the Honeymoon Suite without knowing the full truth.  I would be out of my mind furious to find out when the show aired that they'd actually had sex, instead of having that information up front so I could decide whether or not to have anything to do with him afterward.  Giant EW.

• Love 2

While the chicken bone thing was really gross, it was really funny to me.  Also led to this gem of a line: "I didn't know you were chicken bone messy!"

These people are insane.  As said above, it is hardly a surprise most of them are single with the way they act on this show.  It's either true love or absolute hate, decided within the span of a 10 minute conversation.  It's weird.

• Love 3

They better be beasts on future Challenges (I assume that's why this show is still on the air).

These kids are going to blackout again, I just know it.  They may end up splitting only $100,000…if anything at all.  

Alicia is an idiot and I'm going to chalk it up to her being young and stupid because I would hate to think that she'll be that stupid as she matures and gets older. There is zero sense in showing respect for an unconfirmed relationship and then disrespecting that relationship the moment you realize that they're a perfect match and are leaving the house so that they can have alone time to nurture the connection that was made in the main house. I think Alicia is just insecure. I think the moment she realized that Eddie and Kam would be leaving the house and that their relationship may likely become intimate when they have alone time at the honeymoon suite, she wanted to make that connection with Eddie before Kam did. There was no threat of that in the house because she knew that Eddie and Kam hadn't gone that far. And for all the connection you have with Eddie, if he was so quick to do Kam dirty like that with you, would you really feel the same way about him if he did that to you? Because I sure as hell would bet all I had that if the roles were reversed and it was her and Eddie leaving the house and Kam pulled that stunt, Eddie would have done the exact same thing. Eddie doesn't do 'relationships'. He does monthly features and then he mentally and emotionally checks out.

Bunch of young fools, lol.

• Love 2