Type keyword(s) to search

S44.E05: The Third Turd

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

On 3/30/2023 at 12:17 AM, DeleteMe said:

Josh is a DPM, Doctor of Podiatry Medicine, a foot doctor. Calling himself a physician is laughable, like a dentist, DMD, Doctor of Dental Medicine, calling themself a physician. I respect that he went through many hardships and beat the odds, but he should be proud to be a podiatrist and not try to pass himself off as something he's not.

per the code of Federal Regulations: Physician  means a doctor of medicine; doctor of osteopathy; doctor of dental surgery or of dental medicine; doctor of podiatric medicine; or doctor of optometry who is legally authorized to practice medicine, osteopathy, dental surgery, dental medicine, podiatric medicine, or optometry by the State in which he performs such function and who is acting within the scope of his license when he performs such functions.

as to Matt.  I think he made his shoulder worst by the challenges.  I know he wanted to prove he could still compete, but I cringed when I saw him do some of the things he did during the challenges.  

• Like 6
4 hours ago, watch2much said:

as to Matt.  I think he made his shoulder worst by the challenges.  I know he wanted to prove he could still compete, but I cringed when I saw him do some of the things he did during the challenges.  

Am I the only one who thinks Matthew's fall from a huge, slippery rock was an unprecedented act of stupidity? He's fortunate that he's not permanently disabled - or dead. 

I'm interested in why did he  impulsively run up to that tall rock and start climbing it? It appeared that he gave no consideration to the pitch of the target, weather or footwear. 

We know that Matthew watched and studied Survivor, maybe obsessively. Is it possible that during these years, steadily aging, (as we all do), he became his own fantasy man? A large healthy man, young, bronzed by the sun, fast and athletic? 

Did he feel invincible because he was on television? Did he feel like he was the star, playing a young, handsome Ozzy-type character? A man who can swim like a dolphin, climb like a monkey, and run like a cheetah? Surely, television isn't real; Matthew losing his grip thinking: "A stunt double, show producer, someone! will fix this; nothing bad will happen, its TV!"

Matthew must have pain in every nerve, bone, joint and muscle in his body. His fall was spectacular, and I don't mean in a happy way. His whole body bounced hard against the sharp rocks like a ragdoll. How far do you think he fell? It will be a miracle if he fully recovers, imo. 

I wonder if Matthew is the type who climbs out on a lone precipice over the Grand Canyon, "Hey, take my picture!" Yeah, I don't like those people, it kinda ruins the moment. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 1

Matt's stupidity really stood out because he was a fan of the game. If you've watched prior seasons, you know that people have gone home due to infections--which can happen just from scaping against a rough rock and breaking your skin. So knowing that, unnecessary rock climbing is the last thing I'd do. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 1

I've heard that in interviews Matt claims that it was the digging in the one challenge that caused all of his real injuries, including the torn rotator cuff and bone chip from his humerous.  How does he know what accident caused the injuries?  How does he know that the fall didn't cause those injuries to begin with, but he continued to exacerbate the injuries?  Did he get an xray or mri right after his cliff fall?  if not, then he has no way of knowing what incident was the actual cause of the injuries.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
On 3/29/2023 at 11:25 PM, TVFan1 said:

Clearly in the minority, but I still don't care for the showmance. Frannie and Matt act like they are still in junior high gushing about their crush.  Enough.

I'm sitting at your table, I truly dislike any 'showmance', I'm here for the gameplay, not the love scenes. Ick.

On 3/30/2023 at 7:27 PM, CraftyHazel said:

I guess I’m in the minority here, but I’m really bored with the Carolyn & Yam Yam Comedy Hour.  I just can’t get myself into this season, at all.

Well then I am too, their antics get on my last nerve. 

• Like 4
On 3/29/2023 at 11:17 PM, DeleteMe said:

Josh is a DPM, Doctor of Podiatry Medicine, a foot doctor. Calling himself a physician is laughable, like a dentist, DMD, Doctor of Dental Medicine, calling themself a physician. I respect that he went through many hardships and beat the odds, but he should be proud to be a podiatrist and not try to pass himself off as something he's not.

My BIL is a physician and he said that he uses the term to distinguish from non-medical practicing PhDs, like a PhD in History or something is Dr. Smith and a lung cancer doctor would also be Dr. Smith. So using the term physician shows that you're a medical doctor? I think.

• Like 4