Type keyword(s) to search

S29: Jon Misch

Tommn1
  • Start Topic

Financial assistant

Relationship to Significant Castaway: Jaclyn Schultz’s boyfriend

Why You Think You’ll “Survive” SURVIVOR: I can build a fire from scratch, debone/gut a fish, catch lizards and lift things up and put them down.

Official CBS Bio

I, too, can lift things up and put them down. 

• Love 1

Hee! I liked this:

Inspiration in Life: My sister, Lara who has worked hard for everything she has and is an incredible role model. She inspires me to work hard and to appreciate things more. Seeing how hard she works to take care of her family reminds me how things aren't always as easy as we wish they were. She works harder than anyone I know.

That's really sweet. It's not often that men on this show mention women as their inspiration. 

Also, he wishes he could have a piano in camp, so I like him more. Imagine Survivor with a piano bar, where the survivors could unwind!

I like him now because he whipped and rather humiliated John Rocker in that  wrestling/shoving IC.  It looked like he gave the asshat goliath a  bloody nose.  I don't care if he's a lunkhead the rest of the season.  That was golden.

I like him now because he whipped and rather humiliated John Rocker in that  wrestling/shoving IC.  It looked like he gave the asshat goliath a  bloody nose.  I don't care if he's a lunkhead the rest of the season.  That was golden.

Swear to god. I wasn't familiar with Jon's Michigan State background so I don't know where I got the impression he was a quarterback (too pretty for any other position, maybe?), but that misconception got cleared up the moment he laid that hit on Him-A-'Roid. That move had linebacker written all over it.

He's still a moron for losing the flint and being overall dumb when he wants to make his father proud. Methinks this guy might be a sweetheart but also not very smart. Hopefully his Survivor fan dad is a fan of the likes or Terry and doesn't care about the strategic parts of these games.

(I'll eat my headband if Jon turns out to be a mastermind and wins the game. I might even use that headband eating as my pic - that's how save I feel it won't happen). 

Interesting.  Here is Jon's page on Linked In.  https://www.linkedin.com/in/jonmisch

He has a CSA designation (Certified Senior Advisor), basically wealth management advisor to wealthy older people.  He works with a firm in Michigan.  But under "summary" it says he is living in Las Vegas (where Jaclyn is from) and is pursuing his modelling and acting career as well as his sommellier licence.  The summary says he "also" still works with his wealth management team.

Curious.  To me it sounds like someone who quit his job, and his firm is still affiliated with him, perhaps waiting for the reveal that he has won the game?

• Love 1

Or, a wouldbe/wannabe actor model/actor/life long reality star who makes the jury. He's a good looking guy and apprently pretty funny. Parvati said she thought Jon & Jaclyn were very, very into themselves and were already acting the part of diva's. Of course, you can take that For what it's worth. Personally, I think Jaclyn will make it further than Jon although he does have that HII.

To me it sounds like someone who quit his job, and his firm is still affiliated with him, perhaps waiting for the reveal that he has won the game?

If that's the case, then model/sommelier is probably a good job for him. Even assuming he made it to FTC, someone who'd quit his job on the 1 in 2 (or, worse, 1 in 3) chance that he won a million pre-tax dollars is not someone I'd want to take financial advice from.

• Love 1

Jaclyn is from Vegas? I thought she was from Michigan too. She definitely has that Michigan accent. They're billed as "college sweethearts", but apparently they've been together for about 3 years. So that would have made them 22 and 23 when they started dating. Most people have graduated college at that point. Oh and also *shallow*, but I don't find Jon attractive at all. He seems nice and funny, but that's it for me.

Parvati said she thought Jon & Jaclyn were very, very into themselves and were already acting the part of diva's. 

This surprises me. I haven't seen anything to suggest that in how they've been presented. Although, editing. But then again, it's Parvati, who I love but would probably describe as 'very into [herself] and acting the part of diva' so.

This surprises me. I haven't seen anything to suggest that in how they've been presented. Although, editing. But then again, it's Parvati, who I love but would probably describe as 'very into [herself] and acting the part of diva' so.

I heard Parvati's description and I interpreted it more as they were very aware of the cameras and won't do anything negative. They basically knew the right things to say. It makes sense with Jaclyn's beauty pageant background that she would be comfortable around the cameras.

• Love 2

Aside from the constant schmoopiness and the comment in the first episode about how they hoped other people wouldn't see them as the perfect couple (which ... uh, no worries there), they've mostly been okay. I have to agree with wudpixie though that I don't find Jon all that attractive. He's not bad-looking or anything, but he kind of reminds me of the American Dad dad.

• Love 2

I feel like they cast Jon & Jaclyn to have the "All-American" couple role like Candice & John Cody from the last Blood vs Water. I've never liked Candice, but it was hard not to like John Cody. I don't think Jon has the charisma that John Cody had, but I do like Jaclyn.

I heard Parvati's description and I interpreted it more as they were very aware of the cameras and won't do anything negative. They basically knew the right things to say. It makes sense with Jaclyn's beauty pageant background that she would be comfortable around the cameras.

Oh, that does make sense and is probably true.

I sorta go back and forth on Jon. Sometimes I find his nerdiness, especially his Survivor related nerdiness, endearing but sometimes I find him every bit as insufferable ass all the other men this season.

Edited by peachmangosteen

When Natalie, Jon and Jaclyn were on the big bed, did Jon say that "if" he won the money he'd move to Vegas and go to sommelier school?  Or did he say he was already going to do it.  I heard Natalie say in her TH that Jon wants the money to go to sommelier school and she was kind of dismissive about it.

Well, it appears that he actually did move to Vegas and is going to sommelier school.  Not sure what to make of that.

I think he said he was already in the process of doing it. He said he needed to get what sounded like "rep card" (no idea) so that he could work in one of the better Vegas restaurants. I didn't hear Natalie say anything about the money, only that Jon talks about becoming a sommelier all the time and not just during the reward, but she did seem extra annoyed that he wouldn't shut up about it.

Aside from the constant schmoopiness and the comment in the first episode about how they hoped other people wouldn't see them as the perfect couple (which ... uh, no worries there), they've mostly been okay. I have to agree with wudpixie though that I don't find Jon all that attractive. He's not bad-looking or anything, but he kind of reminds me of the American Dad dad.

I totally missed the "perfect" couple comment in the first episode. I went back and watched that part and it's pretty off-putting. I think it takes a lot of arrogance to even assume people are going to be perceiving you that way in the first place. It's also a way to say that and project that image to the audience, but with a kind of faux-modesty, like "Other people say that about us, we would never say it about ourselves", but using it in a totally self-indulgent way.

• Love 1

Richard Hatch is the only player who knew he had won when the season ended filming. Technically, the contestants are not suppose to discuss how they voted with each other. If Jon made the final tribal council he would not know if he won. Making life decisions based on the assumption that you won would be kind of silly

This interview with Jon is super annoying. He's insufferable, IMO.

I thought he came across well.  But I thought he came across well most of the season.  His biggest shortcoming was that he trusted Natalie too much. 

I think Jon would make merge, at least, in most seasons.  He is great in challenges, friendly, not confrontational.  If he learned from his shortcomings, as I think he might have, he could go real deep if they ever invite him back.

I think his shortcomings are probably something he's never gonna be able to shake. He's not very perceptive and without Jaclyn to tell him what was happening, I think he'd have come off even dumber than he did. Also, apparently he's a real big optimist who apparently thinks everything's just gonna go swimmingly for him and that naivety cost him the game and probably would cost him it again.

• Love 4

I think it's interesting that he kept mentioning in his exit interviews that Jaclyn and him being the swing votes were because of strategy on their parts, not luck, but then explained that they became the swing votes because the other people on the two opposing sides couldn't get along or work together, whereas he and Jaclyn could. I get that he's saying they made attempts to be cordial to everyone, but really the whole thing comes down to other people not being able to work together. Sounds like mostly luck/circumstantial to me.

• Love 2

I think it's interesting that he kept mentioning in his exit interviews that Jaclyn and him being the swing votes were because of strategy on their parts, not luck, but then explained that they became the swing votes because the other people on the two opposing sides couldn't get along or work together, whereas he and Jaclyn could. I get that he's saying they made attempts to be cordial to everyone, but really the whole thing comes down to other people not being able to work together. Sounds like mostly luck/circumstantial to me.

I don't think Jon can encompass things happening via luck. God, maybe, but not luck. He's so secure in his own abilities that he thinks everything that happened is because of his own agency.

• Love 1

It sounds more like he doesn't understand the game. It's not a matter of people not being able to work together; they choose not to work together because they're in opposing alliances and want to vote each other out. He and Jaclyn became the swing votes because they kept joining established alliances and then flipping on them, which is ultimately what got him voted out. He and Jaclyn both are so weirdly proud of being the swing votes, when all it means is that you're going to get cut loose as soon as you're not needed.

• Love 4

I don't think Jon can encompass things happening via luck. God, maybe, but not luck. He's so secure in his own abilities that he thinks everything that happened is because of his own agency.

Once again, I think this is another example of his power-of-positive-thinking approach; what most people would view as "luck" he views as the positive attraction thingie working like it's supposed to.

It sounds more like he doesn't understand the game. It's not a matter of people not being able to work together; they choose not to work together because they're in opposing alliances and want to vote each other out. He and Jaclyn became the swing votes because they kept joining established alliances and then flipping on them, which is ultimately what got him voted out. He and Jaclyn both are so weirdly proud of being the swing votes, when all it means is that you're going to get cut loose as soon as you're not needed.

Unless you're Jaclyn and make it to the end.

This interview with Jon is super annoying. He's insufferable, IMO. One interesting thing though, he's good friends with Dan Gheesling from Big Brother, which makes so much sense.

Wasn't Dan involved in Michigan State Football as a coach? I was actually wondering if they knew each other because Jon played there.

Edited by choclatechip45