Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: Scene Of The Crime

• Start Topic

Ok even in death it should not be this easy to find the BatCave. 

Hee, everyone turning to glare at Turner for tripping the silent alarm.

There's a head in that box isn't there? Oh yes there's a head in that box. Cue Brad Pitt.

Damn there's a lot of heads in boxes today. Court Of Owls likes their decapitations.

Ok so the elevator code wasn't changed but shouldn't the Wayne Tower security team get dinged about it's activation anyway?

Take everything guys not just the journals. You will need weapons as well as information.

Cullen's a sweet guy. Staying for new friends and himself.

Ok, the citizens of Gotham, MORE THAN ANYONE would know to not talk to the cops even if it's to point out they have nothing. Stephanie took way too long to request a lawyer.

Huh, the Talon was in the League of Assassins. Or at least raided their close.

The Court has to have the entire town bugged if they can send the Talon to decapitate with no notice.

These kids all have amazing arm and upper body strength to not fall on the zip line.

They're demonstrating how fucking scary the Talon is really well. 

They established Turner knows how to use a sword but, come on dude, this is a Court Of Owls enforcer so this shouldn't have been a contest.

Countdown to Turner finding out Carrie has those pages.

• Like 2

Yes, Robin has the missing journal pages, but it is all about how Batman feels guilty about not being able to save Turner's parents, so he adopts Turner. I am not sure why that would be the last thing that Batman would write in the journals.

So far the show seems to be moderately well written, but lacks the "not our world" aspect of the superhero genre. There are few signs that Batman even existed, like murals, signs, T-Shirts with logos, etc. Batman is dead and the Super-Villains are nowhere to be seen. The Police just have "business as usual" days. The show is a little boring, they need more "bizarre" occurrences and funny scenes to let us know what it is like to live in a world with Superheroes, they could do most of it through weird news reports.

• Useful 1

Harvey Dent and the commissioner discover the severed head:

Commissioner:  "OMG, this is horrifying!  So messed up!  I think I'm going to be sick!!"

Misha Collins: "Eh, not my first time dealing with a severed head!  Dealt with that a lot on Supernatural!  Some of them were even my own doing!!"

Thought this was a step up from the pilot: mainly thanks to the cast seeming to have a more established rhythm with one another and being able to individually make their character pop off the screen better.  Even thought Turner was less wooden this go around and seems to accept he is the odd man out in this group.  Still think the actress playing Duela/Joker's kid is the best out of the group, but they all had their moments this go around.

How did Harvey and the GCPD find the Batcave that quickly?

Still think Brody will end up having some kind of connection to the Court of Owls.

The Talon certainly seems invulnerable on some levels, although he is currently falling into the classic bad guy trap of taking his time getting anywhere or doing anything, so the heroes are able to just do enough to skate by.  Quit playing with your food, Talon!

Still think Turner/Duela will happen at some point, because there is no way this show will not go down the "Batman's son and Joker's daughter secretly have the hots for one another!" trope.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

There are few signs that Batman even existed, like murals, signs, T-Shirts with logos, etc.

There was one little boy in a Batman costume in the funeral coverage.

Every time I see Anna Lore (Stephanie Brown) on the screen I'm struck by how she looks like a younger version of Portia Doubleday.

I watched the first two episodes, and while this isn't terrible, it just isn't that interesting to me either. I just can't get into it when I was already much more invested in teen teams and Bat-family teams from other recently cancelled shows. Especially when they've decided to center this on the blandest version of a Batman child ever.

I don't remember which episode it was in, but there was this cringe bit of exposition in which the fugitives hear Stephanie Brown's name and immediately connect that to the 'famous' game show host father -- LOL! Like, is Brown not one of the most common surnames ever?? But *obviously* she must that celebrity's daughter - come on.

Anyway, I hope those who can get into this enjoy for its one season.

• Like 2

I can see that a show around Stephanie Brown could be interesting, and having  other villain kids could be okay, It is nice they all reproduced at about the same time. Must have been a long winter? but this hasn't really grabbed me by the ankles and pulled me in. Most of the characters are bland, and Misha Collins's character ends up traditionally being kind of one note. Why is it so easy to break into Wayne Tower and the batcave? Shouldn't there be more mystery. I don't know?

Turner's accent keeps appearing and disappearing. Why didn't they just let the actor keep his real accent?  It's dumb that the GCPD thinks these kids can kill Batman and do everything they are accusing them of. Damn, a billionaire doesn't have any hidden money his son can get his hands on?  

I kinda dig how Duela seems to channel Alice from Batwoman, channeling chaos into choice snark.

Id think there would be a contingency to seal or destroy the Batcave. Nope, the police can just waltz through the secret entrance and run around. I hope they had fun. “Oh, my God, is that a giant friggin’ penny?!?”

• LOL 1
4 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

I kinda dig how Duela seems to channel Alice from Batwoman, channeling chaos into choice snark.

Same writers; so I'm pretty sure that's on purpose.

• Useful 1
17 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Id think there would be a contingency to seal or destroy the Batcave. Nope, the police can just waltz through the secret entrance and run around. I hope they had fun. “Oh, my God, is that a giant friggin’ penny?!?”

The penny wouldn’t be there. 

• Useful 1