Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E12: Wigloose: The Rusical!

• Start Topic

"The Rusical" is set in the small town of West Bumtuck, where drag is outlawed, and an underground alliance forms to try and defeat the bigots; country musician Orville Peck guest judges.

I like Loosey, and I think she's gotten a raw deal this season. But she didn't win that lipsync.

• Like 5

I think I was watching the wrong Rusical because I didn’t see how Mistress was a star?  But I did agree with Anitra winning. And I wonder how Marcia, the theatre queen would have done. 

• Like 13
43 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

I think I was watching the wrong Rusical because I didn’t see how Mistress was a star?  But I did agree with Anitra winning. And I wonder how Marcia, the theatre queen would have done. 

I didn’t think Mistress did so well, either, to be honest.  And I like Mistress.

I think they deliberately eliminated Marcia Marcia Marcia last week because she’d have killed it this week and likely made the finale.  She may be young and not what this show is looking for, but she’s a truly talented queen and seems to be a real sweetheart as well, judging from her “Whatcha Packin?” with Michelle.

Neither queen won that LSFYL, but Salina has been circling the bowl for a while now and it was her time to go.  I couldn’t stand her from the minute I saw her “Meet the Queens” segment, and she honestly never grew on me a bit…until I watched her interview with Michelle this morning.  She seems pretty fragile, honestly, and it made me like her a bit more.

I’m 99.9% sure Loosey will go out next week, leaving us with Luxx, Mistress, Sasha, and Anetra as our final four.  I’m rooting for Anetra all the way, but I’m not going to be one bit surprised if we get our first plus-sized queen in Mistress.

**And I just have to add, I really hate the heavy handed editing on this show.  Loosey is no more over confident than Mistress or Luxx or any number of other queens, and I really like her “macho man by day profession, drag queen by night” backstory.  She’s been turned into such a whiny, entitled brat by the editing that it’s easy for people to dislike her, but she’s actually quite talented and has the goods to back up her confidence.

• Like 16
1 hour ago, DEL901 said:

. And I wonder how Marcia, the theatre queen would have done. 

Ooh, I've got this one!

Ru: "Marcia, you were professional. Too professional. We want to see some struggle, and character growth, but you also have to do this effortlessly, and with no sign of struggles,  and with full knowledge that you will not be making the finale."

Ross: "Do you know that thing that you do when you do things? You did that thing here."

Michelle: "You just didn't look like you're having fun. And at this stage of the game, when everything's at stake, and production's provoked endless drama, and we've deprived you of sleep for the past five nights, and baldly told you that you're not going to win, you have to look like you're having fun."

Ru: "Loosey, shantay you stay. Until your drama with Mistress evaporates, because you're still not winning. Marcia...wait, was she here at all?"

Edited by davidcalgary29
  • Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 10
2 minutes ago, Lethallyfab said:

The winner of this week’s LSYFYL was…Kate Bush, obviously. You get another royalty check from a popular TV show.

I made a comment on another forum that, this week, both of the queens are at fault for a boring lipsynch. Kate Bush's original video  has the best video choreography of the mid-'80s, and should have provided an excellent point of departure for a fine lipsynch. I like Salina, but this performance looked like her hammy "It's All Coming Back to Me Now" lipsynch...without the comedy.

• Like 1

Eliminating Marcia right before Wigloose robs not just her, but us the audience, since it’s more fun seeing people doing challenges that actually match their talents. I thought the queens learned already to flip a coin or something instead of tearing each other apart if 2 want the same role? I have no interest in the drama, and don’t like Loosey or Misstress so I’d love a double elim. Loosey’s drag on stage is generic and not enough, she reminds me of Nina West who was similarly lackluster. 

• Like 2

What the hell was that lip sync? The song came with directions: "Running up that road, running up that hill" and not one queen ran from any part of the stage to another. "Come on angel, come on darlin'" not one queen did a beckoning or pulling motion. There is so much emotion in that song and yet they just stood in one place. I would have apologized to Kate Bush and then sent both of their asses home.

• Like 8
  • LOL 1
3 hours ago, DEL901 said:

To me, Mistress is average. Her mindgame shenanigans drag her down to low for me. Loosey displayed significant self-esteem issues this week, which I totally get, I have some of them too. Mistress appeared to be listening and I'll give her the benefit of the doubt that this is the first she's hearing of it. If she continues to undermine Loosey next week, she'll drop straight to the bottom for me. The least deserving to win of the queens that are left.

Such a contrast to the Belgian queens, who are all so supportive of each other. Sometimes the US version is just so mean.

As for Anetra, I agree. Her performance was so warm and loving, I really felt it. She's so good. She's my #1, I want her to win so much.

• Like 12
12 minutes ago, 7-Zark-7 said:

What the hell was that lip sync? The song came with directions: "Running up that road, running up that hill" and not one queen ran from any part of the stage to another. "Come on angel, come on darlin'" not one queen did a beckoning or pulling motion. There is so much emotion in that song and yet they just stood in one place. I would have apologized to Kate Bush and then sent both of their asses home.

They probably mistakenly picked the song from their dusty ol' "quirky theatre kid" song rolodex, instead of the "generic dance crap" floppy disk file that they were looking for. You know, the kind of song that would've been right up Jinkx's alley, and actually wanted to use for AS, but it was a hot IP property last year and they didn't want to pay the copyright. 

Actually, I want to see Symone and Utica do a double lipsynch to "Running up that Hill". You have to think about it, and it's quirky, and you know they both would have killed it. I need to see Symone-as-Utica's runway walk synced to "Running up that Hill" RIGHT NOW.

I challenge the show to make the queens lipsynch "WOW" or "Cloudbusting" or "Babooshka" if they're not going to give us what we need by denying us "Wuthering Heights".

4 minutes ago, davidcalgary29 said:

Edited by davidcalgary29

I cannot stand Luxx or Mistress. They make me so mad with their bullying of Loosey.

Imo, that song is too slow-paced for an exciting lipsynch.

I was glad that Loosey stayed only because it would have been embarrassing to lose with a role you fought your nemesis for.

Edited by Blissfool
  • Like 10

I think everyone was fine in the Rusical, but of them, Mistress was the worst. I mean, they lipsynched the whole thing so none of the vocal performance was her. So anything that worked there was not her. She was not quite in sync in her solo and her choreo was by far the easiest and most boring. She wasn't terrible, but based on the main challenge alone, I have no idea why she got praise.

Loosey and Salina were both better in the Rusical but were in the bottom because of their runway, and because no one was terrible in the Rusical. They both made boring choices during the lipsync, and if a double-sashay were not in the cards, then Loosey probably stayed because she was marginally better in the Rusical than Salina - admittedly, because she had more to do anyway.

• Like 5

The worst part of the episode was during the lip sync when you could hear what I assume was Mistress yelling in the background for Salina to destroy Loosey, or something along those lines. It was just straight up mean spirited. It’s one thing to cheer someone on- that crossed a line, and it appeared to me that Ru clocked it, and therefore kept Loosey this week to extend the drama.

Not a Luxx fan, but that extended read of everyone was next-level delusional shade- especially when she added that she had the role first and ‘gave’ it to Loosey. Delusion- thy name is Luxx.

• Like 12
1 hour ago, theatremouse said:

I think everyone was fine in the Rusical, but of them, Mistress was the worst. I mean, they lipsynched the whole thing so none of the vocal performance was her. So anything that worked there was not her. She was not quite in sync in her solo and her choreo was by far the easiest and most boring. She wasn't terrible, but based on the main challenge alone, I have no idea why she got praise.

Every time Mistress rounds the corner on the runway and the judges all gasp, I'm like, "WTF really? How? Where?"

• Like 10
  • Applause 1

I'm just not having that much fun watching this season, and that's largely due to Mistress and Luxx. I can't stand a toxic queen, and this season is centering two of them. They're not funny, they're bullies. And if that label bothers them, then maybe they need to check their behavior. 

It doesn't help that Ru's bias is so obviously clear and she's rewarding their mediocrity and shitty behavior. I'd bet all the money in the world that Loosey goes home next week. 

The only thing that can save this season is Anetra or Sasha taking the crown. 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Like 14
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2

I still dont understand all the hype about Sasha. No personality whatsoever. She has spent a lot of money on her face but she should have saved some of the money for her teeth.

Edited by MsJamieDornan
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 1

Salina's boy drag was giving me Mike Meyers vibes. I think it was the eyebrows. Also, Loosey's boy drag kept reading as Emilio Estevez to me. I don't know that they actually looked like these people if you put them side by side, but my brain said they did.

I'm surprised they didn't have costuming do something to hide Loosey's visible tattoos. That's not her fault, but I kept noticing the ones on her legs.

I think either Mistress or Luxx would be fine, but the two of them together make what they're doing exponentially more tedious. It's a weird one-two punch where Mistress is being strategically shady but it's just a joke, can't you take a joke????? and then Lux is plainly stating an alternate reality with such conviction that it's a perfect storm of gaslighting whether the two of them intended it to be this way or not. The edit seems to want me to side with them and let Loosey get Derrick Barried, so I'm assuming that means one or both of them goes farther than she does. I don't hate either of them, and I think either of them by themselves would be a funny villain, but the two of them together take it somewhere unpleasant. (Although Mistress finding a security tag on Luxx's coat was funny and I'm glad we have longer episodes again because idk if they'd have kept that in a shorter edit.)

This wasn't my least favorite Rusical (the kardashian one or the orange one probably take that for me. I've liked Rats the most) but we were robbed of seeing what Marcia³ would do with it.

I'm surprised anybody ever wants the lead role in the rusical, because I can't really remember a time when that's gone well aside from the one with Adore and Courtney Act, and that one involved actual singing. It's not like the acting challenges where you can take more liberties with the character, because the tracks are already recorded. The more stage time you have, the more time there is for the judges to find reasons to put you in the bottom, and you're not getting the win because the leads are usually not written as very funny, which is what Ru likes.

I think Anetra and Sasha were definitely the tops here. I liked that Sasha had a very specific way of moving and emoting as boy Carl that she carried into the drag Carl (I don't remember Carl's drag name lmao, was it Ethel Sperman??) persona so that it didn't just feel like suddenly, Sasha. I liked everything Anetra did. She performs with her entire soul on display and it's mesmerizing.

Maybe I am still feeling overexposed to "Running Up That Hill" from dragoncon (not dragcon) last year due to Stranger Things being the big fandom of the summer, but this was not my favorite lip sync, either.

Orville Peck seemed really random as a judge for this challenge, although I know it's based on schedule availability who they can get.

• Like 3
On 3/18/2023 at 1:36 PM, Blissfool said:

I cannot stand Luxx or Mistress. They make me so mad with their bullying of Loosey.

Imo, that song is too slow-paced for an exciting lipsynch.

I was glad that Loosey stayed only because it would have been embarrassing to lose with a role you fought your nemesis for.

It almost happened to Bosco last season; the non-chocolate bar saved her.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 3/18/2023 at 2:26 PM, 7-Zark-7 said:

Yes! I did a better job lip synching to it from my couch. But I was in high school when it originally came out and effing love that song!

• Like 1
7 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

That was the funniest thing in the entire episode!

It so was! And of course Mistress brings up the security tag during Luxx's practice session onstage. Shady girl. 

I thought the queens did well with Wigloose, with the material they had, I admit Anetra & Sasha pulled focus for me with their performances. Marcia probably would've slayed her role in it. And yeah Carl can get it. I cannot even explain why. LOL 

Honestly I only know Orville Peck because he was on Trixie's Trixie Motel show. He seems ok & seemed to have a good time there. 

Re the lip sync, I did not like either of the queens' interpretations but I can see how this song could be difficult to perform to. Then again I recall Miss Latrice Royale killing it with her performance of You Make Me Feel Like a Natural Woman by standing in one spot so there's no excuse. 

• Like 3
On 3/19/2023 at 6:19 AM, belligerent said:

I think either Mistress or Luxx would be fine, but the two of them together make what they're doing exponentially more tedious. It's a weird one-two punch where Mistress is being strategically shady but it's just a joke, can't you take a joke????? and then Lux is plainly stating an alternate reality with such conviction that it's a perfect storm of gaslighting whether the two of them intended it to be this way or not. The edit seems to want me to side with them and let Loosey get Derrick Barried, so I'm assuming that means one or both of them goes farther than she does. I don't hate either of them, and I think either of them by themselves would be a funny villain, but the two of them together take it somewhere unpleasant. (Although Mistress finding a security tag on Luxx's coat was funny and I'm glad we have longer episodes again because idk if they'd have kept that in a shorter edit.)

You stated this so well- this is what I am feeling, too.  I think the queens are talented, but when they group up to take down another queen, especially with gaslighting and attacking their confidence, I'm not on board.  It reminds me of Rolaskatox vs Jinkx.  

• Like 3
1 hour ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

It reminds me of Rolaskatox vs Jinkx.  

We never really saw any animosity from anyone but Roxxxy in the edit, though; Alaska's confessionals were carefully collated to show her admiration for Jinkx's talent, and Detox was largely silent. Mistress and Luxx were just piling on, and doing it quite obnoxiously.

• Like 4
58 minutes ago, davidcalgary29 said:

We never really saw any animosity from anyone but Roxxxy in the edit, though; Alaska's confessionals were carefully collated to show her admiration for Jinkx's talent, and Detox was largely silent. Mistress and Luxx were just piling on, and doing it quite obnoxiously.

Both Jinkx and Alaska have talked about their friendship. I think there is mutual respect there.

I agree, it was mostly Roxxxy. The other two wanted to get to the finale together but Roxxxy seemed focused on taking Jinkx down.

And then in Allstars we learned that Roxxxy was a great wig reveal but outmatched for this cast. In my opinion, without Rolaskatox Roxxxy might have finished behind Tatianna, Phi Phi and Adore. And Ginger and Alyssa also have more Charisma, Uniqueness, Nerve and Talent than Roxxxy.

I don't like my drag as a team sport.

Edited by Ms.Lulu
  • Like 5

Just now catching up.  So long, Salina EsTitties. I won't miss her. But can someone please fill me in on her drag name? Am I missing something clever? Is there a Spanish-language inside joke I'm not getting, or something? Or is it literally just as basic as Salina EsTitties? If so, that's one of the worst drag names in Drag Race herstory, in my opinion.

14 hours ago, Genius said:

Just now catching up.  So long, Salina EsTitties. I won't miss her. But can someone please fill me in on her drag name? Am I missing something clever? Is there a Spanish-language inside joke I'm not getting, or something? Or is it literally just as basic as Salina EsTitties? If so, that's one of the worst drag names in Drag Race herstory, in my opinion.

I think it's a double pun because her drag focuses on the (es)Titties but it also sounds like STD's. And I think Salina means spicy / salty.

• Useful 1