Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 3/20/2023

falltime
  • Start Topic

Monday, March 20 — Day of Hot Topics

Tuesday, March 21 —Daymond John (author, “Little Daymond Learns to Earn”)

Wednesday, March 22 — Zach Braff (writer and director, “A Good Person”); Jameela Jamil (podcast, “Bad Dates”)

Thursday, March 23 — Levar Burton and Mica Burton (“Picard”); U.S. Surgeon General Dr. Vivek Murthy 

Friday, March 24 — Billy Porter

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Love Billy Porter.  He is one of the smartest people on tv, always has some really insightful and cogent comments about the state of the nation.  This should be interesting.

It's always fun when a ST:TNG actor shows up and we see what a warm relationship they all have with Whoopie.  I love Levar Burton too.  I've been watching Picard but he hasn't turned up yet where I am on the series.

• Like 1

How much you want to bet that the alleged day of hot topics will include at least two advice columns and a View your fucking deal segment? There are important things to discuss right now so they better not disappoint me again. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

I had to laugh when Sunny said that they kicked somebody out of their zoom movie group when that person recommended a crappy movie.  Every time my family gets together and we want to watch a movie, NOBODY wants to suggest a movie for fear of being made fun of.  My nephew suggested a bad movie YEARS ago and to this day nobody will let him forget about it!😎

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
10 minutes ago, rollacoaster said:

I must know: What was the movie? 

John Wick.  Half of the family (including me) loved it and half hated it.  My sister (his mother) keeps giving him shit about it to the point that's annoying to me let alone him.  Of course, when my sister came to visit I was so excited to tell her that John Wick 4 is coming out soon!  Talk about a death stare!  LOL

• LOL 4

Sunny would be the type to kick someone out if the suggestion isn't up to her snooty standards.

I was interested in the egg freezing topic..only because I knew two people that were able to have a few eggs frozen.  However, one of the people had no viable eggs when she went to have the procedure done (when unfrozen, they were not viable)...while the other one waited till she was over 40 and none of the viable eggs took.  I wish more had been said not only about the cost..but of not having it be fool proof.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
7 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

Sunny would be the type to kick someone out if the suggestion isn't up to her snooty standards.

I was interested in the egg freezing topic..only because I knew two people that were able to have a few eggs frozen.  However, one of the people had no viable eggs when she went to have the procedure done (when unfrozen, they were not viable)...while the other one waited till she was over 40 and none of the viable eggs took.  I wish more had been said not only about the cost..but of not having it be fool proof.

Unfortunately I missed this conversation.  I know it's a long, painful process that doesn't guarantee success.  It's not nearly as easy as it sounds.

• Like 2

The fertility discussion was interesting as a woman who’s older but still wants to be a mother. I know I’m too old to have a big family, but I’d love to have two kids. I’d be really grateful for one child too. I really hope the fact I’m healthy, fit, don’t drink or smoke helps. I also hope I’m not considered to old to adopt if I want to go that route. 

Egg freezing sounds worth it if you have a lot of money. I personally wouldn’t do it because I don’t have endless funds. 

• Hugs 5

Well if nothing else, I'm glad Sunny isn't in my circle of friends. IF I were to be so stupid as to have an affair, I would never tell her. Because according to Sunny, she would have no problem, spreading the news of said affair to all and sundry. She admitted it-Is she supposed to "sit on it" and not tell her other friends? In a word? Yes, Sunny. That's EXACTLY what you do unless the friend's life is in danger.

Fine. The friend informed the woman the man she was involved with was married and showed her video proof. If the woman didn't care, then the friend should have left it alone and minded her own business. I'd expect the kind of scorched earth if the friend had been the wife of the married man. But she isn't. Assuming of course, that the ladies relayed the story accurately.

• Like 6

Sometimes I feel like I am the only one who doesn’t understand why financial experts think that just about everyone can put away $100 per month. There are people in poverty, people who spend over 50% of income on housing and people who do not have these simple means of making millions or thousands or even an extra two cents. 

• Like 15
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Well if nothing else, I'm glad Sunny isn't in my circle of friends. IF I were to be so stupid as to have an affair, I would never tell her. Because according to Sunny, she would have no problem, spreading the news of said affair to all and sundry. She admitted it-Is she supposed to "sit on it" and not tell her other friends? In a word? Yes, Sunny. That's EXACTLY what you do unless the friend's life is in danger.

Fine. The friend informed the woman the man she was involved with was married and showed her video proof. If the woman didn't care, then the friend should have left it alone and minded her own business. I'd expect the kind of scorched earth if the friend had been the wife of the married man. But she isn't. Assuming of course, that the ladies relayed the story accurately.

Really!  I was appalled when she said she’d blab because it was for the friend’s own good. More like it’s her own judgmentalism coming through. Note to Sunny’s friends: be careful what you confide in her. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
17 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

This isn't the first time she's talked about this and it just annoys me every time. It's like I've said multiple times, egg freezing just lulls you into a false sense of security. Eggs are more fragile than embryos and have a higher chance of not surviving the thaw. And just because an egg is fertilized, it doesn't mean it's going to become an embryo and just because an embryo is created, it doesn't mean it'll be viable and just because it's viable doesn't mean it'll implant.

When I did IVF, I had 11 eggs, 9 fertilized and 2 became embryos. One is my daughter and the other I miscarried. And I didn't have fertility issues (male factor)

Has Sunny ever mentioned how many times she had her eggs harvested? How many viable embryos she had? How many failed transfers? Or does she just think that science has improved that much in the last 15-20 years that every harvested egg will become a baby? If not, then stop giving people false hope, please. 

Edited by rwlevin
  • Like 3
  • Hugs 3

I forgot to mention this on Monday. But I was interested to see what outfit Ana wound up wearing to the Indian wedding. And what did they show? A Western outfit! Made me wonder if that was for the Western/American wedding portion! Either that, or she decided not to wear a sari or lengha.

Because Ana did say that she had to change the color of the outfit as red couldn't be worn, as that is the color for the bride. And Joy mentioned she wanted to what sari Ana would wear. Or something like that.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I forgot to mention this on Monday. But I was interested to see what outfit Ana wound up wearing to the Indian wedding. And what did they show? A Western outfit! Made me wonder if that was for the Western/American wedding portion! Either that, or she decided not to wear a sari or lengha.

Because Ana did say that she had to change the color of the outfit as red couldn't be worn, as that is the color for the bride. And Joy mentioned she wanted to what sari Ana would wear. Or something like that.

She actually posted on Instagram about going sari shopping over the weekend. Not exactly sure why she didn't end up wearing one to the actual wedding, because she looks super pretty in the pic!

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, atomic said:

She actually posted on Instagram about going sari shopping over the weekend. Not exactly sure why she didn't end up wearing one to the actual wedding, because she looks super pretty in the pic!

If the sari was red, I can understand why she didn't wear it to the wedding. As red is for the bride. That's why I'm not taking my maroon lengha with me next week when I go to India for my niece's wedding next week. Taking my champagne colored one; and will buy a new one when I get there.

• Like 1
  • Useful 4

Agree Ana looked great in her outfits, as shown briefly on The View and on her instagram.  But what I’d like to know ( of course😉) is how she’s lost so much weight- don’t think she’s mentioned it on the show?  

• Like 2
6 hours ago, flummoxd said:

Agree Ana looked great in her outfits, as shown briefly on The View and on her instagram.  But what I’d like to know ( of course😉) is how she’s lost so much weight- don’t think she’s mentioned it on the show?  

I think I remember that she mentioned it on her Instagram. One of those new diabetes drugs. Says keeps her from being diabetic. 

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, ForumLou said:

I didnt see it.  We were preempted due to a school shooting.  What did she do

She sat down at the table and started talking about farts and poop.

So sorry about the shooting. 😢

• Like 1

I think if I have to watch Whoopi sit there and look bored one more time, I might lose my mind. How is she allowed to do that EVERY DAY?? It's like she can't have a little fun with the other women. Only time she's interested is when it's politics or someone is gushing over HER. Can't there be a little levity, for once, without her sitting there like she's so above it all and everyone else is stupid? It's so irritating. She sucks the life out of that table and they just sit there and nervous laugh about it. It's not funny, Whoopi. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 6
3 minutes ago, Jenzey said:

I think if I have to watch Whoopi sit there and look bored one more time, I might lose my mind. How is she allowed to do that EVERY DAY?? It's like she can't have a little fun with the other women. Only time she's interested is when it's politics or someone is gushing over HER. Can't there be a little levity, for once, without her sitting there like she's so above it all and everyone else is stupid? It's so irritating. She sucks the life out of that table and they just sit there and nervous laugh about it. It's not funny, Whoopi. 

Ugh I hate it! She thinks that gimmick is so cute 😒. And then the way she transitions to commercial...so aggravating to me! Today I think she even did "psssst..." to whomever was talking, then pointed to the producer to show them he's signaling a commercial.

7 hours ago, Haleth said:

I didn’t think anyone could out-vulgar Whoopi but Jameela Jamil managed it. 

I've never liked Jamila Jameel. I think she says and does things for attention and/or shock value.

• Like 4
11 hours ago, Haleth said:

She sat down at the table and started talking about farts and poop.

It took me a second to realize what she was talking about when she said don't trust the fart. I can be as raunchy as the next person but this was inappropriate for the View.

9 hours ago, Blissfool said:

I've never liked Jamila Jameel. I think she says and does things for attention and/or shock value.

I only knew her from the Good Place until the last time she was on the View.  There is a shock jock vibe about her. 

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

It took me a second to realize what she was talking about when she said don't trust the fart. I can be as raunchy as the next person but this was inappropriate for the View.

I only knew her from the Good Place until the last time she was on the View.  There is a shock jock vibe about her. 

she thinks because she's pretty, she can say anything she wants and people will love it.  nope

I tuned into the show today and noticed that there were only four cohosts. My mind immediately went to “Ana’s not there today”. I totally forgot about Alyssa. It’s like I forgot she was a cohost. It wasn’t until Joy mentioned she had Covid that I remembered she was on the show. 

• Wink 1
  • LOL 1
12 hours ago, Jenzey said:

She sucks the life out of that table and they just sit there and nervous laugh about it. It's not funny, Whoopi. 

If only that were brave enough to ignore her. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
On 3/21/2023 at 3:46 AM, flummoxd said:

Lordy, if bone broth is responsible for Gwyneth Paltrow’s cadaverous appearance on that podcast, ‘twill be my pleasure never to indulge.  And of course Alyssa is all about Goop.

Oof! Gwyneth did look gaunt and dry. Not healthy at all. 

3 hours ago, cinsays said:

she thinks because she's pretty, she can say anything she wants and people will love it.  nope

I think that's why she does it, for the contrast of a pretty girl who says vulgar things. Subverting expectations. 

Edited by rollacoaster
  • Like 3
7 minutes ago, rollacoaster said:

Oof! Gwyneth did look gaunt and dry. Not healthy at all. 

I think that's why she does it, for the contrast of a pretty girl who says vulgar things. Subverting expectations. 

I think it worked great for her the first time and they all laughed and she tried it again.  I forgot what exactly she said on her first visit but everyone laughed and all 'oh isnt she cute hahah' not so much this time

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, HerkyJerky said:

Why did Sarah have THREE mugs in front of her?  If she drinks that much water, couldn't she just refill her cup on the commercial break??

I wondered about that too. Maybe three different drinks? Coffee, water, and maybe juice or something? 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, ForumLou said:

I noticed after some posts there's a dark line that says 'unread replies'.  What is this and can it be accessed to be read?

The posts below the line are supposed to be ones you haven't seen yet.

17 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

What did that TicToc gal mean when she said "You can't trust a fart."?

I actually saw this quote before (years ago) and it was credited to Jack Nicholson.

He meant, at his age, don’t assume its goi g to be a fart. It could be worse.  I have no idea why she mentioned it as a dating tip.

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 3

I like Fridays when Whoopi isn’t there. It seems like the table is more relaxed. I’m finding I like the Viewers Q&A segment, it’s a nice break  from serious topics. And you don’t have Whoopi rolling her eyes and making faces because she apparently thinks it’s dumb or boring to her. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Sunny is kidding herself if she thinks she’s shielding her 16 and 20yo children from social media. 

Does she think they aren't reading social media or posting on social media?  Plenty of people don't post but read it.

• Applause 1