Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E10: Fallen

Snazzy Daisy
  • Start Topic

(edited)

The penultimate episode was brilliant. The finale wasn’t. 😣

Overall, was this a satisfied conclusion? No. But I love the hopeful ending for Sean and Dorothy.

We don’t actually need 4 seasons and 40 episodes to get to this conclusion.

The supernatural and biblical elements were convoluted and overshadowed the human story about loss, grief, acceptance, forgiveness and second chance.

giphy.gif

Edited by SnazzyDaisy
  • Like 2
  • Love 3

I have mixed feelings about this ending. 

On one hand I'm glad everyone is moving on but why did they have to do Julien dirty like that? After all he's been through and he still gets the bad ending. I wish they did something  anything else but that ending for him...

28mins for a series finale.. Idk maybe I was expecting more. It just felt rushed. All that buildup and no proper explaination to a lot of stuff...

Also, why the hell was Tobe still working? Crazy storm outside and he still managed to get to his job as usual. Guess the storm was not as bad as it seemed🤷‍♂️

Well time to cross this series off my list... Good thing I found another mystery series just in time to replace this. 👋🏽

• Love 2

Dorothy wins the Rooftop Agility Award. 

Poor over-the-moon Tobey. He’s gone back to work, so pleased as punch about his awesome date he doesn’t know his workplace has closed due to the destructive storm.

Edited by BeckyThatcher
Remembered Tobe
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1
3 hours ago, BeckyThatcher said:

Poor over-the-moon Tobey. He’s gone back to work, so pleased as punch about his awesome date he doesn’t know his workplace has closed due to the destructive storm.

True! Why was that restaurant even open in the storm? Must be some shitty management making their employees come in to work in those weather conditions😝

Honestly it just felt like they added him into the episode so he doesn't get left out of the finale..

Edited by tired and hungry
  • Like 2

This episode answered more questions than I thought it would.  So Leanne did die and was brought back by the Lesser Saints.  All of the people brought back by the Lesser Saints have magical powers that are supposed to be for good, but Leanne had vengeance in her heart, so that drove her more and more toward the "dark side."  

The "man with the hook who takes your eyes" referenced in Season 2 is just a metaphor for God?  I guess?

I felt sad for Leanne.  Why couldn't she stop it?  Why couldn't she find peace in her heart when Dorothy told her she wasn't evil and deserved to be loved.  It felt as though the show had to have a crazy, intense ending, so yeah, let's have Leanne sacrifice herself in the twisted Lesser Saints way.  That Dorothy, Sean, and Julian waited in the car for so long while that fire took forever to spread was ridiculous.

I saw Dorothy's rapidly returning mobility as being due to Leanne's waning influence.  It makes as much sense as her being a fast healer.  I was glad that Dorothy didn't choose to live in a world where her son would always exist, but agree that her acceptance of what happened was pretty fast.

• Like 4
7 hours ago, Brn2bwild said:

I saw Dorothy's rapidly returning mobility as being due to Leanne's waning influence.  It makes as much sense as her being a fast healer.

Either that or they had to rush her "recovery" for the season finale. Considering the fact she was literally crawling everywhere in the previous 2 episodes..

I liked it.  Things are still ambiguous, the fire is slow because it is unnatural and rising from below and on the other hand everything is soaked.  The wings in the reflection are from the billboard, but they are not wrong  

I did tear up when Leanne was talking to to Tobe. Let’s do both….It won’t be raining tomorrow. 

it isn’t an awful thing that happens to julian, forced to do good works. It does seem lime they all would have go e somewhere together to process. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Colorado David said:

ok seemed like a rushed finale. not very satisfying. are we thinking rupert might get a spin off series?

and so was leanne the cause of the freaky weather?

No I don’t see any indication he would get a spin off series. 

yes. She started it but could not control it. That was why, even though she did accept forgiveness, she had to die. 

14 hours ago, Brn2bwild said:

This episode answered more questions than I thought it would.  So Leanne did die and was brought back by the Lesser Saints.  All of the people brought back by the Lesser Saints have magical powers that are supposed to be for good, but Leanne had vengeance in her heart, so that drove her more and more toward the "dark side."  

The "man with the hook who takes your eyes" referenced in Season 2 is just a metaphor for God?  I guess?

I felt sad for Leanne.  Why couldn't she stop it?  Why couldn't she find peace in her heart when Dorothy told her she wasn't evil and deserved to be loved.  It felt as though the show had to have a crazy, intense ending, so yeah, let's have Leanne sacrifice herself in the twisted Lesser Saints way.  That Dorothy, Sean, and Julian waited in the car for so long while that fire took forever to spread was ridiculous.

I saw Dorothy's rapidly returning mobility as being due to Leanne's waning influence.  It makes as much sense as her being a fast healer.  I was glad that Dorothy didn't choose to live in a world where her son would always exist, but agree that her acceptance of what happened was pretty fast.

I think that she had already spent the time  in denial.  That the show is her processing his death. 

• Like 1

It almost seemed like the producers were told when there were only a couple episodes left that they would not be renewed and they better wrap it up.  It did feel rushed. I was looking forward to the scene when Dorthy finally has to accept she killed her baby.  I thought it would be at least a full episode for her to come to grips with it, based on her deep delusions, but it only took a few minutes for her to hear it and go through all the stages of grief and guilt.

Also, Was there a real (stolen) baby or there never was a real baby???? There is talk of a couple in another state that had their baby stolen, but then in that final scene, the baby turns back into the doll in Leanne's arms.  I think that is stretching the limit of trust between Shyamalan and his audience. Because WE were seeing a real baby, and base our plot understanding on that. I followed the plot as if Leanna had a real baby herself that she either stole or had herself.  And she substituted it with the doll.   But in the last scent we see it IS a doll. And neither Dorthy or Leanne cares if it gets burned.

All in all I enjoyed this series.  Creepy and well acted. I liked that you didn't know if Leanne was some angel or some devil for much of the series. But there were a lot of undeveloped story lines. Why was she regarded as some kind of cult leader herself to some? Where were they all at the end?

• Like 1
On 3/17/2023 at 11:52 PM, Brn2bwild said:

I felt sad for Leanne.  Why couldn't she stop it?  Why couldn't she find peace in her heart when Dorothy told her she wasn't evil and deserved to be loved. 

I'm coming in late here. I thought that was such a powerful scene of forgiveness and redemption.  Dorothy finally knowing what really happened and giving that forgiveness to Leanne. That scene with Julien at the end, I was wondering when Leanne gave him the "breath of life" when he overdosed, meant he also was one of them. A second chance at life. 

What happened to stolen Jericho?  I thought Sean said his family a few states over were looking for him so I thought he was still in the house. Did Leanne put him in the tunnel and he burned too?

Dorothy was basically paralyzed a few episodes back, but now she’s able to limp down the street and climb a ladder and walk across a roof during the storm of the century?

I think the show moved way too slow and it could have been condensed down.  There were way too many “filler” episodes and a lot of unnecessary scenes and characters that added nothing to the overall plot.  I could have done without: most of the aunt and uncle drama in S2, Sean’s pastor storyline, all the scenes with the news reporter who was shot, the homeless kids and them becoming Leanne’s disciples, the bed bug chaos and all the parties Sean and Dorothy hosted.  If every episode was paced like the last 3 of the series, it would have been a lot more intriguing and suspenseful, IMO.