Type keyword(s) to search

S27.E08: Week 8

Lamb18
  • Start Topic

I like Kaity and she’s the safest bet. How often do the couples not work out because they’re long distance? It makes sense to pick her just because no one needs to uproot their life. Frankly, even if he ends up picking someone else, I wouldn’t be surprised if it would end to with one of those cheating switcharoo endings and he continues to date Kaity just because it’s convenient—not to mention that they’re genuinely comfortable and loving together. (This is not a spoiler, just wild, baseless speculation.)

Edited by JenE4
  • Like 4

It always freaks me out when they have their hands all over each other in front of the family.

When did Kaity become so weepy?  She's usually so upbeat.  He is way more relaxed on this visit, though he looks really tired. The concern on his face looks more....real...he wants mom to like him.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Yeah, I can’t see any other reason either.  He is just so different with her….they feel like an actual couple. 

He even seems different with her mother. "So nice to finally sit and chat with you." He acts like he's just waiting to get this over with and join this family. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 1

Zach has been too distracted by Ariel’s other assets to have had these conversations. Her middle name, birthday and religion blending has all been 2nd fiddle. 

When Ariel's father asked what is it about Ariel that's different from the other women, I think Zach said "Well two big things stood out right away". And yes, my mind went there.

Also: How much time does the lead get to spend with the contestants prior to hometown dates? Especially if that lead is isolated and feeling sickly with COVID part of that time? I mean, is it realistic that he'll know or remember everyone's middle name and birthday?

But yeah, Zach's responses (at least what they showed us) to the questioning from Ariel's family were pretty tepid.

• LOL 2

So, in a change from previous seasons...the first 3 gave him a really hard time, Kaity's family not so much. Usually, only one family gives him a hard time and it's the winner.  Might we be seeing a good change?

His face when she said she was falling in love with him said it all. HE was SO happy, and than tried really hard to school his face because he remembered he's under contract to not give anything away.

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
3 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

Zack and ME, not Zack and I!

Aaaannnnd...she just said, "Do you see him and I?"

Well, at least that's happy sweat on Zach's face.  I'm surprised the brother didn't say anything, but it was nice that he didn't look like he wanted to break Zach's kneecaps.   

• Like 2

Yup it’s been game set and match to Kaity for a while now but HTs just made it obvious. Rest of the season is just a formality. 

And they’re on the same grammatical page with the likes and pronouns, so good luck to their kids. 

Edited by dizzyd
  • Like 5
  • LOL 5
Just now, dizzyd said:

Yup it’s been game set and match to Kaity for a while now but HTs just made it obvious. Rest of the season is just a formality. 

And this may explain why he said no sex in the fantasy suites.   He knows the one he wants, and unlike Clayton, he isn’t interested in sampling the menu.  We’ll see if he makes an exception and spends the night with Kaity.  

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
1 minute ago, DEL901 said:

And this may explain why he said no sex in the fantasy suites.   He knows the one he wants, and unlike Clayton, he isn’t interested in sampling the menu.  We’ll see if he makes an exception and spends the night with Kaity.  

I can see him breaking his rule for her. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

Okay, I have a baseless conspiracy theory. Maybe they keep bringing in Sean to play the confidant because Jesse wants to back out of this gig so they are grooming Sean to step in?

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 5
4 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

I think this, too. If he really lives her he wouldn't want to disrespect her by sleeping with the other women days before proposing to her. And maybe he doesn't really want to.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Okay, I have a baseless conspiracy theory. Maybe they keep bringing in Sean to play the confidant because Jesse wants to back out of this gig so they are grooming Sean to step in?

Interesting.  . . I was thinking Sean was looking better than usual. I like how he had his hair.

Is there  recommended Bachelor host hairdo?

2 minutes ago, phlebas said:

FWIW Ariel's middle name is Lana and her birthday is August 24.  Now excuse me while I go marry her.

You'll have Bobby eating out of your hand!

OK, Sean's side part is the same as Jesse's.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

I don't think Charity looks REALLY upset...more relieved? I agree..I hate the eye dabbing .  I feel like her producer told her she was going to go far and he was really into her, she thought she was going to get final 3, but I think she really had no illusions about being final.

Ahhh, Zach is so soft hearted, he really is upset he hurt Charity.

• Like 4

I don't understand why Kaity was so adamant that her mother must like Zach or it was all over.   Did she not listen to her mother during her 7-year toxic relationship?    Sometimes Kaity seems like she's play-acting to me.   My personal theory is that she's really, really tired of being a traveling nurse.   

I think I still see him with Greer, other than the fact he didn't really like her all that much.  

• Like 5

okay, judging by the previews...

Zach tells Gabi and (maybe) Kaity he doesn't want to have sex in the fantasy suite, but then once he's alone with Ariel, it's BOOM SHAKKA LAKKA LAKKA BOOM SHAKKA LAKKA LAKKA.

I understand wanting to have all the sex with Ariel. But dude, you gotta plot your course better. Kaity and Gabi are going to feel betrayed and Ariel is just going to feel used.

Assuming we trust the previews, which we don't

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 3
16 minutes ago, phlebas said:

okay, judging by the previews...

Zach tells Gabi and (maybe) Kaity he doesn't want to have sex in the fantasy suite, but then once he's alone with Ariel, it's BOOM SHAKKA LAKKA LAKKA BOOM SHAKKA LAKKA LAKKA.

I understand wanting to have all the sex with Ariel. But dude, you gotta plot your course better. Kaity and Gabi are going to feel betrayed and Ariel is just going to feel used.

Assuming we trust the previews, which we don't

I think the previews really, really want us to think he hooks up with Ariel but my guess is that it's Kaity and it's not really that dramatic because she's already pretty clearly his favorite. She was saying something like "heartbreak hurts but this doesn't feel good either" which to me sounds like she feels bad they upset her friends. They're desperately trying to maintain some suspense because he has no poker face. 

Edited by SallyAlbright
  • Like 8
  • Useful 2

I think it’s Kaity too and just like Clayton felt the need to tell his F3 he f’d all 3 of them, Zach is going to tell the other 2 he broke his no sex rule with her. Could the other 2 just walk out like Rachel and Gabby did? Maybe F1 will be like last season of the Bachelorette where there was only 1 man standing for Gabby at the end.

Edited by dizzyd
  • Like 1

Just when you thought Ariel would be a challenge to work through religion within their marriage. That’s nothing compared to a Vermontonian (is that what they’re called? Vermonter?) marrying a man who puts mustard on his pancakes! I don’t know. A maple syrup-yellow mustard mixed marriage might be a bridge too far to overcome.

Edited by JenE4
  • Like 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, phlebas said:

Austin!  Take him to the bridge with all the bats!

My son lived in Austin for 7 years. We took the Batmobile boat tour to see those bats! Very trippy! 

1 hour ago, EllenB said:

What does Kaity do for a living to afford a nice house at her age?

She's a travel nurse.

• Like 2

Kaity didn’t need to give Zach a tour of his own city. Not when she needed his muscle to help with her new home. She had her priorities straight, gave him the at home, couply vibes to envision their future together. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, Diana Berry said:

She’s a nurse, plus houses are very affordable in Texas

Not in Austin! Prices are insane there! Homes routinely go over asking price, like in other hot markets.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
1 minute ago, ECM1231 said:

I actually thought she looked pissed.

I think it was all an act to make it less obvious, both the order and her reaction and they were both in on it. 

• Like 3

Best hometowns in a very long time. Autumn in Vermont (though I believe maple tapping is in the spring?), NYC pizza and a real Jewish deli, genuine southern hospitality in Georgia, and Texas where Zach hopefully was able to go home for an evening. (And no one’s mentioning Zach’s comment at Sarge’s Deli about the tongue sandwich?) Plus not only are the women beautiful this season, but their families are all attractive too. Well done, show.

I don’t think Zach likes to go outside his comfort zone, and it showed in his dates tonight on the women’s home turfs, most obviously with Ariel. Kaity is on the same wavelength and so appeals to him the most. Not that anything is wrong with that; a relationship should be built on resonance.

Assuming Kaity is F1 (and I have no idea), it will be interesting to see whether Gabi or Ariel leaves first, or if it’s a most-dramatic-ever double elimination. I don’t recall if there have been any proposal previews. 

And please make Ariel the Bachelorette and have the show set in NY. I think Jen Schefft had her season in Brooklyn, so it’s time. 

Edited by kazza
  • Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

I really hope Charity is not the next bachelorette.   She seems nice enough but I just don’t see a lot of personality.  Her family however was my favorite.  

I feel like hometowns used to be more “fun”.  More group conversations, more drinking and eating.  Now it’s just one boring interrogation after another.  At least Zach didn’t ask the dad’s for their blessing, that is always SO awkward. Probably because Kaity has no dad and that’s his pick. 

• Like 9

I’m a lifelong New Yorker. I appreciated Ariel not dragging Zach to the tourist traps, and instead just indulging him in what is her lifestyle in NYC.

She’s my favorite; she’s very different from the typical contestant, but Zach is all about the “no drama” and I don’t think he has the heart to deal with a family that doesn’t fall at his feet.

I don’t care for Gabi at all, and the maple syrup is too one-note for me.

I thought Charity’s family was lovely.

I feel the same as most everyone here…it looks obvious that he’s on a totally different level with Kaity. He’s smitten. Did he even tell any of the other women that he missed them? Because he said that to Kaity immediately, and even through the screen it felt real.

P.S. I’m not certain why several people here referenced the idea that  Ariel’s family wants her to be with someone Jewish. I didn’t hear them say or even imply that, any more than Charity’s family mentioned anything about an interracial relationship. They did say they come from very different backgrounds, but I think that was inclusive of many aspects of their lives.

Edited by Arkay
  • Like 10
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, ECM1231 said:
2 hours ago, EllenB said:

What does Kaity do for a living to afford a nice house at her age?

She's a travel nurse.

And travel nurses make excellent money.  Generally more than staff nurses, and sometimes a LOT more, which some staff nurses resent, but that's another topic.

Her house looked like it was out in the suburbs south of Austin, and is no doubt a rental.  In fact, she said she'd been there only a few weeks so I wonder if she never even started her work assignment there and instead got moved in and immediately went on the show.

But speaking of travel nursing, Kaity seems very confident and at ease with people, and I wonder if travel nursing contributes to that--getting a brand new job in a brand new place every three months is bound to affect how you interact with people. 

2 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

Also housing is cheaper in Texas than say, California and New York. Might even cheaper than Minnesota.

Austin ≠ Texas.  Austin's real estate market is eye-popping.  I have a friend who sold his house there about five years ago--a little over $800,000 for a tear-down.  And that was before the massive increase in prices over the last couple of years.

• Like 5
  • Useful 2

I thought all HTDs were very predictable. Everyone followed the script. I miss the days of taxidermy basements and mock embalmings. 

My favorite part of the episode was the limo driver passive-aggressively starting the engine during Zach and Charity's boring post-breakup conversation.

• Like 4
  • LOL 10