Type keyword(s) to search

S10.05: Lovestruck at the Discopussy

• Start Topic

Katie plans a divorce party trip to Las Vegas and Lake Havasu, but conveniently leaves Scheana off the guest list; Lala and Raquel find themselves flirting with the same guy; Ariana receives devastating news from home.

• Like 1

Are you bitches ready to go? I’m afraid it’s going to be disappointing.

Since this whole goat rodeo is apparently now a national story and in real time, do we have any leeway on the whole “don’t comment on current events” proviso? 

I won’t be posting live as I said on Media thread. Going to be drinking my champagne (just took another edible) and be too busy looking for clues. I apparently have issues. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Elligirl said:

I can't believe there are only 3 comments!  I've been waiting all day for this!

Not the dog!  Poor Ariana. 

The show is underwhelming after all the real time revelations.

• Like 9
22 minutes ago, bosawks said:

I think James would make a good Hungarian monk.

When I think of Paris I do think of dogs wearing velvet bows and costume jewelry.

So, this makes sense.

Were you on the SNL staff writing the Jack Handey quotes? I have four I very francily framed on my wall.

• LOL 6
2 minutes ago, ZettaK said:

The show is underwhelming after all the real time revelations.

I don't know, I'm with Jennifersdc, I want to look for clues.  And I'm glad Lisa called Raquel out for not taking responsibility for her own thoughts/actions.  Raquel is either playing a role or she's always been an asshole, IDK,  but she needed to hear what Katie's mom said. 

• Like 13
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

“Girls gone wild,” eh, Raquel?! I can’t believe Raquel hanging out with Ariana, and Ariana having to tell her maybe telling Katie you want to make out with Schwartz is going too far. “Am I going to be mad at Raquel for the first time?” Oh, honey, it won’t be your last!

Ally also “got dragged” to see James the DJ, lol. Watch out for these “inorganic” fame-f*uckers.

Kristina “is the only one not falling for Raquel’s sweet, innocent baby act, which is an insult to babies.” This woman is the only one with any sense! No wonder why she’s hardly featured in this show.

Raquel says, “Hopefully there’s enough men to go around, because I feel there’s slim pickins these days.” So that was the problem?! There was no one else?!?

Lala and Raquel are about to devour Oliver whole. 

Poor Katie and her mom crying over her marriage and Raquel’s still there like oh, well, no biggie. I just wanted to make out, so what? 

Raquel and Lala in competition for Oliver, while both saying they’re not in competition. Though Lala is saying if it were a competition, she’d be in bed with Oliver…even though Raquel is the one making out with him. That preview with her saying well, it’s good you don’t have a man. Oof!

• Like 10
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 5
(edited)
42 minutes ago, Elligirl said:

I don't know, I'm with Jennifersdc, I want to look for clues.  And I'm glad Lisa called Raquel out for not taking responsibility for her own thoughts/actions.  Raquel is either playing a role or she's always been an asshole, IDK,  but she needed to hear what Katie's mom said. 

She was probably always an asshole, like Sandoval. 

Lisa Vanderpump is calling Sandoval "Scandoval" on Watch What Happens Live.

She also thinks Scheana punched Raquel after WWHL last Wednesday, when she found out she had an affair with Sandoval.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3

What the hell Rachel!  You just sat in your apt with LaLa talking about the fact she hasn’t been with a man since 2020.  LaLa and Oliver seemed to have a little connection.  Couldn’t Rachel have kept her tongue to herself and let LaLa have at it?  

Kristina has Rachel’s number.

Enjoyed seeing LVP on WWHL tonight!  She can be very funny.  

• Like 14
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
27 minutes ago, FlyingEgret said:

Any chance Kristina's anti-Raquel confessional was done recently and was the first insert by the Bravo editors?

Yes, it could be, but Kristina had certain expressions on her face when talking about Raquel on the show anyway.

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
20 minutes ago, ZettaK said:

She was probably always an asshole, like Sandoval. 

Lisa Vanderpump is calling Sandoval "Scandoval" on Watch What Happens Live.

She also thinks Scheana slapped Raquel after WWHL last Wednesday, when she found out she had an affair with Sandoval.

I'm watching that too.  I read earlier than Raquel got a restraining order against Scheana.  But I also read that she didn't actually hit her, or at least that Raquel did not have a black eye.

Yeah, Sandoval had me snowed.  He seemed like such a thoughtful friend.  I remember he brought tampons and a bunch of other things he thought the wedding party might need.  And then the James/Raquel proposal.  I believed he cheated with Miami girl, but this is beyond. 

6 minutes ago, CallmeCray said:

Holy CRAP!  Oh, nothing about the episode itself, because I’m on the West Coast, just my response to the title of the episode! 😂

Yes, and it's the actual name of the club.  I know it's Vegas, but I'm surprised a business could call itself that.

• LOL 4

Well really, wasn't Oliver Garcelle's son?  I thought Rachel was being EXTRA nasty trying to make out with Oliver all the while boinking her bestie's BF the whole time.  Like what? Are you THAT selfish an asshole?

Why, yes! Of COURSE.

I can't with this show any more.  For some reason, I feel like they ought to just button up VPR and stick a fork in it.

Try something else, Lisa.  These people are bringing you down.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Raquel and Lala in competition for Oliver, while both saying they’re not in competition. Though Lala is saying if it were a competition, she’d be in bed with Oliver…even though Raquel is the one making out with him. That preview with her saying well, it’s good you don’t have a man. Oof!

Did Raquel's sudden popularity at the end of last season really go to her head that much?  I find it so puzzling after the way she has carefully crafted her image over the years.  I spent a little time after Christmas (when my plane to Florida was cancelled!) watching old VDR reruns - she was even clever enough to approach LVP originally NOT to waitress at SUR, but to work at the VDP Dogs place.  Lisa graciously (🙄) allowed her to volunteer, and she did it!  (Also Lisa - the one who showed up to interview with "no trousers" was Brittany). Meanwhile - what a coincidence that Garcelle "asked Lisa" to give Oliver a job, and then he shows up on VDP rules!  "Have you met my girls?" pimps Lisa?  I bet he was told to make out on camera with whichever one he picked.  Sorry, "Lala", you lost 😄

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 2

I don't know who this Kristina woman is but I LIKE her! She needs to be featured more!

Oliver looks so much like Garcelle - same smile. Poor dude seemed like he was going to eaten alive by the entire table.

Ra(q)chel was being an flirty asshole, but it was hilarious watching Lala get all steamed because she wasn't the chosen one. And that preview for next week - yikes! 

I genuinely felt bad for Katie when her Mom was sticking up for her and trying to convey how painful the divorce has been, and Ra(q)chel just sat there blankly.

Really feeling bad for Arianna re: her pet dog. It was a whole new layer of appalling watching flat-iron Tom describing how much he was supporting her in her time of need as they headed to the vet. Riiiiiight...

It really is fun close-watching this for clues and crazy subtext!

• Like 17

* Sandoval, you ungrateful little shit. Lisa is offering you a lifeline and you complain that it’s not enough for the comparatively little work you put in to TomTom? GTFO. Equally enraging is Schwartz’s “Hey, we need a guy’s night out!” in FRONT of Ken and Lisa as S&S slowly circles the bowl. Why Lisa wants to keep bailing out these clowns is beyond me. Let. Them. Fail.

* Ariana — 😓 on so many levels.

* Katie’s mom for the win, putting Raquel pretty much in her place. I don’t know if I could have shown the same restraint. Ditto with Kristina, who also sees through that snake in sequins. I’m puzzled as to why Raquel was even in Vegas in the first place, after what happened.

* For a minute there, I thought James’s mom was Kristen. I do give him credit for realizing that you have to become sober for yourself, not for anybody else. How many season does this make that we’re all waiting for the trainwreck that will finally make him do just that? Ally is just one more enabler in his life. Find an Al-Anon meeting, dear. You are going to need it.

* Oliver. Run, man, run. If you are that hard up — which I find very hard to believe — call Erika Girardi. She’s probably available. Would Raquel give two shits if Lala wasn’t interested? Raquel can just get off this show. Her reaction to meeting Oliver  — 🤮.

* Is it too much to say that out of probably all the Bravo dreck, VR is the most compelling?

• Like 9
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 5

Sweet little Rachquel has some sociopathic characteristics, it appears.  We’ve now seen her in at least three situations where normal people would exhibit some degree of remorse or regret at having hurt someone, and she showed ZERO of either while face to face with the people she shit on.  Anyone else notice this?  She sure had a lot of people fooled…

Princelina, I think you nailed it when you said that her sudden popularity at the end of last season went to her head - this dimwit is screaming to the world that she’s a selfish narcissist with some sort of score to settle.  I have plenty of ideas as to resentments she has toward other cast members, but the ones she’s REALLY hurting didn’t treat her poorly that I know of.

She’s lucky to have parents who are pulling a Reverse Kris Jenner in regard to how they’re trying to BLOCK the distribution of their daughter’s equivalent of the infamous “sex tape”.  I would be SO disappointed in my child if they exhibited this behavior - and I’m not even talking about sending video of her “enjoying herself”.  If my daughter (who is just shy of 24) treated other humans in this way, I’d be crushed.  

I keep thinking of Miley Cyrus singing “I came in like a wrecking ball….”!

• Like 12
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1
(edited)

James and Ally. Foot soak/sauna. 

When Ally babbles about (paraphrasing)

The new moon is in Leo. We need to cleanse, etc.

Could be the editors, but James’s reaction is hilarious. It looks like he’s thinking, “More of this crazy, stupid s- - -. But she does get under Rachel’s skin.”  Then he flashes the fakest smile ever. 

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Like 6
  • LOL 5
(edited)

So, when oh-so-caring Tom went with “his girl” to the vet in September, he was already screwing his girl’s friend - and Raquel went to Vegas with Ariana! That’s the lens I’ll be watching with from now on - makes it much more interesting.

Edited by nexxie
  • Like 12
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, nexxie said:

So, when oh-so-caring Tom went with “his girl” to the vet in September, he was already screwing his girl’s friend - and Raquel went to Vegas with Ariana! That’s the lens I’ll be watching with from now on - makes it much more interesting.

I can only imagine what it must be like for Ariana to watch that now. Same with the friendship scenes with Raquel before the trip.

Just sad.

• Like 3
  • Sad 7

So glad all this came out before the end of the season so we can watch the demise of the “Rach(q)el show” which this show was starting to look like.   This girl is one thirsty young lady and trying to vamp every man on the show is not a good look, but had this not been exposed we may have thought she was just a very needy sweet thing without a lot of care for others.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I’m stoopid. Please explain the title. Thank you.

Assuming it’s a reference to Lala and Raquel both swooning over Oliver, who’d be a damned fool to hook up with either of them.

BTW, I thought Lala’s description of her — ahem — dry spell was little bit too graphic. YMMV.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

Where is Charli Burnett? I thought she was now a regular member of the cast? Charli could be doing all she can to avoid this train wreck of a television show. That would be a very intelligent decision for her.

• Like 3

Katie: Let's have a wild and crazy girls weekend in Vegas! Oh, by the way, my MOM is coming! WTF? 

I thought Lisa could have given more on WWHL. My impression was that she was kind of laughing it off. 

All these assumptions that Rachel's parents are protecting her. Didn't she say in season's past that her dad was not in the picture and her mom didn't raise her? Her sister raised her. We even saw a scene with her sister on camera once. It was at an awkward lunch with James. Anyway, Rachel's problems probably stem from her upbringing and having parents that didn't give a shit about her. 

This chick is the classic example of a narcissist. Unable to feel for anybody but herself. Free Graham! James should file for custody.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
9 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Katie: Let's have a wild and crazy girls weekend in Vegas! Oh, by the way, my MOM is coming! WTF? 

I thought Lisa could have given more on WWHL. My impression was that she was kind of laughing it off. 

All these assumptions that Rachel's parents are protecting her. Didn't she say in season's past that her dad was not in the picture and her mom didn't raise her? Her sister raised her. We even saw a scene with her sister on camera once. It was at an awkward lunch with James. Anyway, Rachel's problems probably stem from her upbringing and having parents that didn't give a shit about her. 

This chick is the classic example of a narcissist. Unable to feel for anybody but herself. Free Graham! James should file for custody.

She explained this at the reunion. Her “mom”, Laura, is not her birth mother. Laura’s sister is. Raquel told Andy that she has little contact with her aunt/mom and that she considers Laura her “real” mom. Raquel’s dad was at the engagement party, did not in the least like James, and said as much to Lisa (made some crack about having a hole dug, which she took as a veiled threat). He also picked up Raquel after the reunion and helped her move. I saw a pic of them this week, and they looked close enough, with the caption “I wonder what Dad thinks of her now?” Or something like that.

She and her sister are close, but it sounds to me like she does have a relationship with her parents — or at least she did until this week.

• Like 8
  • Useful 2
52 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Yeah, it's hard to commit to being offended and then smile and wink.

But I also thought she might've indulged in a little to much in her beloved rose before the show.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

1 hour ago, bosawks said:

But I also thought she might've indulged in a little to much in her beloved rose before the show.

I think that LVP could have shown more outrage or anger at what has happened, but she's also got to be careful, as this is HER show, no matter what the chucklefucks may think.  This whole thing will probably result in some bump in the ratings and people tuning in, so the Sandoval-Raquel shennanigans are a win for her as far as that is concerned.

I think that LVP is angry and disgusted, to a degree, but she also takes this type of thing from this cast with a grain of salt, as she has previously.  

I also think she's very media-savvy, so saves any recriminations or personal disgust for when she's not being filmed or recorded.

As far as last night's episode, I feel like I'm watching with a different perspective now.  Before, I would have just thought that Raquel is just an attention-seeking, camera-hungry, stupid bimbo.  Now - oh, wait - I guess I have the same perspective, except that maybe she's not quite as stupid as I thought.  I'm looking at her as more calculating.

I don't really like anyone on this show, so I'm sort of hate-watching, but, now, I'm hate-watching to see how it all plays out.

I liked Oliver, and glad that he had gotten his life back on track after his personal struggles.  He's got a great personality and probably does well as a server.  However, after reading some of the news stories about him not really being separated from his wife when this was filmed, he lost my respect.  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Like 11
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 2
5 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

I can only imagine what it must be like for Ariana to watch that now. Same with the friendship scenes with Raquel before the trip.

And Katie watching now as she blamed all of Raquel's chicanery on Scheana - who apparently assaulted Raquel in some way because of it!  Kristina Kelly called it correctly!

1 hour ago, bosawks said:

As someone who is primed to disdain all things LVP, I actually thought she did pretty well.  Her explanation that she thought they might be waiting until after the reunion to "go public" and have that as their next season's storyline made sense.  I really wouldn't expect her to come out and carry on like an anonymous online commenter 😄

• Like 7
  • Applause 1

No way rachel wrote that "apology" press release. No way rachel is the captain of the "rehab my image" row boat.

It is amazing the 180 she chose to represent herself. That scene with man-boy schwartz asking him to make out was plain weird—and the man-boy's following facial expression. 

I realize this is a dumb show with dopey millennials, but this rachel chick is fascinating. Early twenties, Beauty queen, allegedly educated, sympathetic character to backstabbing, "I want a man, any man",  choosing a double life . . . with that guy. Speaking of this 40-something, out-of-control ego, who starts a "cover band" in the middle of starting to get a new business off the ground? ( while simultaneously choosing an affair with his partners' friend ) Add in the money he's blowing. Betting his business partners are pissed at the blowback his behavior is having on the bar. His band could care less cause he is paying them.  

They both have ko'd their image. Actually, this is the story I'd like to see. What happens to those who blow up their lives by disrespecting people?

I think the public's strong and immediate reaction is in part the relating to the double betrayal, lies, and arrogance of these two.  We've all been on the receiving end of varying degrees of this crap unless you are the one inflicting it.

• Like 10
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 4

WOW mom of James. He looks like a muppet and you look like an escapee from a wax museum. When you live in an area where people are natural (as I do), it's very jarring to see people who think plastic looks good.  Body dysmorphia runs amok. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

What the hell Rachel!  You just sat in your apt with LaLa talking about the fact she hasn’t been with a man since 2020.  LaLa and Oliver seemed to have a little connection.  Couldn’t Rachel have kept her tongue to herself and let LaLa have at it?  

I didn't think he seemed interested in Lala too much. 

Where is Charli Burnett? 

I thought she was there on some kind of hike.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1

I watched this ep on demand but was distracted by killer seasonal allergies, so I'll have to watch again with a notepad, heh heh. As Cleveland Brown would say, "Discopussy? Oh, that's nassssty!" I couldn't help but wonder how much of this ep was altered to give Raquchel a "bad edit" with Oliver. Speaking of whom, I found it amusing that LaLa decided to she wanted to have sex with a man with a tattoo teardrop and is married (but currently separated) with a child, both which are huge red flags. I would have thought as soon as the words "married, but currently separate" left his lips, LaLa would vanish in a cloud of smoke accompanied by cartoon skedaddling sounds.

7 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

That was the impression I got last night. I was amused by her calling him "Scandoval", though, but she really isn't very nice.

8 hours ago, APK said:

Where is Charli Burnett?

I thought she attended Schemer's counter-party programming.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Very very shallow but Lala looked terrible this episode. 

And I know that this is mostly because the scales are lifted from our eyes, but Raquel seemed like psycho this episode. The blank look she had as Katie's mom talk. The whole "joking" about being attracted to the pinata. Kristina Kelly is the hero of the season with her natural mean girl energy being used correctly: snuffing out who doesn't belong there. (I like her, but c'mon, she, Stassi, nd Katie always give extreme mean girl vibes)

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
46 minutes ago, Gharlane said:

I found it amusing that LaLa decided to she wanted to have sex with a man with a tattoo teardrop and is married (but currently separated) with a child, both which are huge red flags. I would have thought as soon as the words "married, but currently separate" left his lips, LaLa would vanish in a cloud of smoke accompanied by cartoon skedaddling sounds.

Hee hee 😄. Old "Lala" knows how everyone else should behave, but she's not so good at figuring things out for herself!

• Like 4
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

ITA 100%  I also think that all of her being "close friends" with Katy, Ariana, even Lala, show some definite sociopathic tendencies.  Of course, Scanoval ALSO shows those same sociopathic tendencies.

Call the Psychiatrist STAT!!

• Applause 2
  • LOL 2
12 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Bolded mine.  That poor pup needs to go into the witness protection program!  OR LVP and Ken can foster him.

• Like 2

Quote:

I didn't think he seemed interested in Lala too much. 

——————

Lala and Oliver were enjoying discussing what it’s like to end a committed relationship when it involves a child and how to coparent and custody battles. 

Rachel set her focus tab to laser and kept on Oliver relentlessly.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 2

Note to self: Do not post questions unless you have watched the entire episode.

That’s why the title of the episode confused me. I didn’t know that they went to a club called DiscoP- - -y.

It seems as if, after the infidelity story broke, the editors scrambled and simply tried to insert more scenes with Ariana, Sandoval and Rachel.

Highlighting the NPDed Sandoval trying to avoid a trip to the pharmacy to help Charlotte, Ariana’s best friend for almost two decades.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1