Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E16: The Good Lawyer

• Start Topic

Dr. Shaun Murphy seeks legal representation to help him win a case and puts his faith in a promising, young lawyer who has obsessive compulsive disorder.

Original airdate 3/13/23

Really good episode and glad they didn't drag it over 2 episodes.

Would have liked to see the outcome of the trial instead of cutting to them celebrating the victory.  It would have been great to see the reaction of the guy who's hand was amputated and the lawyer.

Not a fan of Felicity Huffman due to the cheating scandal but she did her time for the crime.  I knew the lawyer that saved the sisters from going into foster care was Felicity's character. 

Anyone know when the show officially starts?

Edited by greekmom
  • Like 7
  • Applause 1

I don’t know when the new show starts, but I don’t think I can tolerate it.  As an attorney, I can’t relate to all that distraction and paralysis during trial.  I don’t handle Medical Malpractice cases, but I don’t think that was very accurate.  I didn’t think her closing was particularly good on a med mal case.  I liked the ending part though of the young attorney’s flashback to her childhood. 

Ah, I had forgotten about Felicity Huffman…..she’s a good actor imo, and has done her time, so I’m ok with her.  

• Like 9

Fairly similar premise to "Good Doctor", but that's to be expected. I did like Shaun's interaction with Joni throughout, and it was interesting to see Huffman in this kind of setting, too. 

When Shaun was talking about how, if he had to do it all over again, he'd still amputate, I feel like that could've been a good opportunity to give a nod to his recent issues with Lim finding herself in a wheelchair and blaming Shaun for her winding up there. 

I also liked the little bit where Shaun, Joni, and Park were imagining themselves actually at the scene of the accident - reminded me a bit of what "Criminal Minds" used to do in its early seasons. 

I don't know yet about following the spinoff, myself, but I do like how it was all integrated into this episode. We'll see how it goes :). 

• Like 5

I might check it out if it is ordered to series. It was a decent episode but I am not a lawyer and it seemed like it had a lot of things incorrect - like why would Shaun/the hospital have possession of the hand and why did the doctor they hire not do the test Shaun was going to do?

I liked the lead of the spinoff and her sister, didn't really care for her mentor.

• Like 3

I have mixed feelings about Felicity Huffman. Yes, she did her time but it is her privilege that leads us to shrug and say "she did her time. Most people who did their time go right back to jail because they cannot pay the many fees the prison system charges them, and they cannot get housing and a job. I am very close to being an abolitionist, except for white collar crimes, including crimes committed by politicians. Because of that, I have a hard time having any sympathy for her. "she did her time" is a explanation for forgiving her crime of entitlement. I do not fall for that. People who don't even commit crimes are rotting in prison because they don't have her privilege and visibility. I would prefer to never see her working on the screen again.

• Like 12
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

Joni’s story seemed too close to Shaun’s including the childhood trauma and the mentor. Felicity’s character didn’t seem very warm to Joni. She was also right that a person who freezes up and stares off in space cannot be in a courtroom. But there are many kinds of law she can practice that don’t involve frequent courtroom appearances. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
3 hours ago, circumvent said:

I have mixed feelings about Felicity Huffman. Yes, she did her time but it is her privilege that leads us to shrug and say "she did her time. Most people who did their time go right back to jail because they cannot pay the many fees the prison system charges them, and they cannot get housing and a job. I am very close to being an abolitionist, except for white collar crimes, including crimes committed by politicians. Because of that, I have a hard time having any sympathy for her. "she did her time" is a explanation for forgiving her crime of entitlement. I do not fall for that. People who don't even commit crimes are rotting in prison because they don't have her privilege and visibility. I would prefer to never see her working on the screen again.

Thank you. That's exactly how I felt but I didn't know how to say it (and didn't want to offend anyone). 

I think out of the two -  Felicity and Lori, I had stronger feelings about Lori and her crime of entitlement. 

I am surprised that The Good Lawyer didn't go the same way as Extraordinary Attorney Woo (which I assume they are basing it off from since The Good Doctor is based from a K-drama as well) which is another autistic person with savant syndrome.  Attorney Woo had a few rituals that she had to perform as well.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

And how did this attorney pass the Bar exam?  Even if she received accommodations, I’m not sure how she would have made it.  It’s two days of pretty intense testing.  Oh well, I guess the question applies to Shaun passing medical boards.  

What age do you think they portrayed the senior female attorney?  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 1
17 hours ago, greekmom said:

the reaction of the guy who's hand was amputated and the lawyer.

There was a shot of his face, near the end, very close up. He did show acceptance-I believe he effectively conveyed a realization that he was culpable. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, circumvent said:

I probably would have watched the show, but Felicity Huffman is the reason I will not.

• Like 6

Once we were past the emergency scene, I thought the entire episode was well-acted by all the participants. I did have a shock at how Shawn slid the man sideways onto the backboard-as he should have dragged him from the ankles. I find it surprising that he never once picked up an “emergency care in the field” manual. If he had, it would have been caught in that steel trap of a brain he has.  Second point, once the patient is secured on the backboard, it is frequently necessary to tip it sideways due to vomiting, so merely tilting for transport is not a “mistake”, it happens frequently, too.  Stupid to dwell on it as apparently no spinal injury occurred. Why won’t these shows cough up a little money to consult professionals? The very best medical professionals will readily admit they have no knowledge of appropriate care outside of a hospital setting.

• Like 8

I admittedly was going to be bias here because I've become a huge fan of Kennedy McMann thanks to Nancy Drew on The CW where; outside of some issues I had with the latter half of the third season; is honestly one of my favorite shows on that network and she is fantastic in it.  I thought she was really good here as well and knowing that she has OCD in real life does make all of her scenes interesting since I wonder how much of it was coming from her experience (even though I still love Freddie even if he isn't autistic in real life.)  For that alone, I'll definitely give any potential show a chance for her.  Granted, with Nancy Drew wrapped up, I so want the rest of that cast to show up here as well.  She needs a love interest played by Alex Saxton, dammit!

As for Felicity Huffman, yeah, while she's a great actress and I know her crime wasn't a violent one, it's hard not to look at her now as another example of a rich celebrity who more or less got a "slap on the wrist" for a crime that would have been much worse for those who didn't have her clout (not to mention those who get worse punishment for arguably lesser crimes.)  Yes, maybe it's not completely fair to pile all of that on her, but the feeling was there for me.  Still, I can go with it for now.  Especially since her character is kind of unlikable at times.

Not a lawyer or anything, but even I could tell there was some stuff that would not fly here.  And, yeah, if Jodi can't figure out a way not to get distracted if the "three rule" isn't applied, that's going to be problematic for her career as a trial lawyer.  But, hey, if I can suffer through all of the lawyer stuff on the Arrowverse, this should be a piece of cake!

I've seen Michael Weston in a ton of stuff, so I was surprised he really didn't do much here besides glare from the table and get one speech on the stand.  On the other hand, I got a kick out of seeing Karen Robinson a.k.a. Ronnie from Schitt's Creek as the judge!

Not surprised some of the regulars weren't here this go around, but I did like how they worked Park into this particular story.

If this does end up getting picked up and works as a series, I do wonder what other occupation and disability will be combined to enter into David Shore's "Good Franchise."  I imagine firefighter and cop would be on tope of the lists for professions, but I wonder what they will think up of for the latter part!

• Like 8
1 hour ago, thuganomics85 said:

As for Felicity Huffman, yeah, while she's a great actress and I know her crime wasn't a violent one, it's hard not to look at her now as another example of a rich celebrity who more or less got a "slap on the wrist" for a crime that would have been much worse for those who didn't have her clout (not to mention those who get worse punishment for arguably lesser crimes.)

Worse yet—to even be able to commit that particular crime you have to be rich AF which equates to clout in the form of high-powered lawyers even if you’re not a celebrity.

• Like 6

I thought this episode smelled like a pilot for a spinoff right from the start, I see that it is so.  Usually I think of the Ken Barry episode of The Brady Bunch when I think about backdoor pilots.  Funny thing, I had just seen the "Assignment: Earth" episode of Star Trek Sunday night on MeTV, which is another one.  Those two were failures though, it looks like The Good Lawyer is at least going to see the light of day.  I won't be watching though, law shows aren't my thing.  

1 hour ago, thuganomics85 said:

And, yeah, if Jodi can't figure out a way not to get distracted if the "three rule" isn't applied, that's going to be problematic for her career as a trial lawyer. 

Especially if, as happened here, the opposition learns about it, and can leverage it so easily. I mean, a single chair squeak can shut her down. A lawyer who can become essentially catatonic at any point during a trial is a huge liability.

The only way that it wouldn't be an issue is if the trial principals all agree up front that they won't engage in such purposely distracting behaviour. And that, if something inadvertent did happen to trigger it, everyone would be patient while they worked it out.

• Like 7

I liked this episode, but I'm not sure I will watch the spin off.  Not a fan of Huffman (even before the scandal) and I think this woman would be better off if she gave up the dream of being a litigator.  There are many more things you can do with a JD besides litigation, but they don't make for good television.  I'm finding the premise too unbelievable.

• Like 5

I enjoyed the episode, and I'll give it a try if it really becomes a series. I like Kennedy McMahon, and she seemed to do a good job here. But I don't know how accurate the portrayal of OCD was. It seemed a bit like they were making fun.

Also, I kind of thought it was crazy that Shaun amputated his hand when the ambulance was right there. Would the damage in his hand really move to his heart that fast? But obviously he had to win or there is no show. And certainly losing your hand would suck, but why didn't he have an artificial hand? Wouldn't that help with not being able to hold his niece?

Are lawyers allowed to talk directly to jury members like that during a closing? 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

Are lawyers allowed to talk directly to jury members like that during a closing? 

Yes.  Closing is always directed at the jury.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, dshgr said:

Yes.  Closing is always directed at the jury.

I meant to call out individual jury members the way she did. I've been a juror and the closing has always been directed at the jury as a whole. You're told you are supposed to avoid any individual conversations with one of the lawyers. It seems like that would apply even within a closing.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
11 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

there are many kinds of law she can practice that don’t involve frequent courtroom appearances. 

I wondered why nobody even mentioned that possibility. I know someone personally who does real estate law because she wanted an area of practice that didn't mean she'd have to go to trial. She doesn't have a medical reason, she just didn't like the courtroom setting.

36 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

I don't know how accurate the portrayal of OCD was. It seemed a bit like they were making fun.

I didn't get that they were making fun. Actually, I've seen people say that about Shaun's portrayal of autism, so I'm also not saying the shows are getting it right. But, fwiw, though I am not an OCD expert by any means, I did know someone with OCD who was (1) chronically late because she couldn't get out the door due to getting stuck in the middle of her rituals, (2) had much more involved rituals than tapping, and (3) was triggered by a lot more things than the lawyer on this show and would melt down in more ways than just freezing when caught in one of her moments.

I'll be curious to know how the OCD community reacts to this show.

I have a real problem with Huffman and was hoping somehow she wouldn't be on the spin-off. I'm angry that the network decided to attach her to this project. I feel like they are going to say, if it fails, that it's because "people don't want to see disability represented" and that will impact future shots we might have at representation. I don't think they'll even consider the possibility that it might be a Huffman boycott, unless massive numbers of people tell them very clearly that they'd like to watch it but won't because of her.

I was surprised that Shaun wasn't irritated by the tapping. That is the kind of thing that used to set off his sensory overload when the show was in its earlier seasons.

I thought the Good Samaritan defense was obvious from the start. Isn't there a law for that specific purpose, of encouraging people to help when they see someone in trouble?

5 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

If this does end up getting picked up and works as a series, I do wonder what other occupation and disability will be combined to enter into David Shore's "Good Franchise."  I imagine firefighter and cop would be on tope of the lists for professions, but I wonder what they will think up of for the latter part!

Along those lines, Will Trent is a Good Cop/Detective -- and a great show. Way better than anything David Shore might cook up.

• Like 6
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, KaveDweller said:

I meant to call out individual jury members the way she did. I've been a juror and the closing has always been directed at the jury as a whole. You're told you are supposed to avoid any individual conversations with one of the lawyers. It seems like that would apply even within a closing.

I also took note of that.  I'm not an attorney and IMO, IRL I don't believe that would be allowed. \

Awaiting comments from those that actually know.

Lawyers: please help us out.

Edited by preeya
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, Starchild said:

Especially if, as happened here, the opposition learns about it, and can leverage it so easily. I mean, a single chair squeak can shut her down. A lawyer who can become essentially catatonic at any point during a trial is a huge liability.

The only way that it wouldn't be an issue is if the trial principals all agree up front that they won't engage in such purposely distracting behaviour. And that, if something inadvertent did happen to trigger it, everyone would be patient while they worked it out.

Yeah, it's a good thing they don't practice in Albuquerque: Saul Goodman would have no problems taking advantage in a way only he could! 

• LOL 6

I wonder if the producers know (or even care) how much Felicity Huffman seems to be a detractor to viewers of a potential spin-off. If I didn't like Kennedy McMann so much, I definitely would not watch a show with FH. If they were smart, they would recast.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

why didn't he have an artificial hand?

I would presume his lawyer recommended he not have a prosthesis, angling for sympathy from the jury.

Just now, Shorty186 said:

I wonder if the producers know (or even care) how much Felicity Huffman seems to be a detractor to viewers of a potential spin-off. If I didn't like Kennedy McMann so much, I definitely would not watch a show with FH. If they were smart, they would recast.

I'm curious, does William H. Macy engender the same contempt for his work post-scandal? I didn't follow the case that closely, was there some statement from Huffman that he didn't know what was going on?

• Like 2
41 minutes ago, Starchild said:

I'm curious, does William H. Macy engender the same contempt for his work post-scandal? I didn't follow the case that closely, was there some statement from Huffman that he didn't know what was going on?

I don't like him either anymore. He popped up as a guest star on a show I watch and I was not happy. I think the only reason he didn't go to jail is because FH was the one who paid the money if I remember correctly.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
14 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

And how did this attorney pass the Bar exam?  Even if she received accommodations, I’m not sure how she would have made it.  It’s two days of pretty intense testing.  Oh well, I guess the question applies to Shaun passing medical boards.  

What age do you think they portrayed the senior female attorney?  

I'm guessing that if the attorney tested in a separate environment she would do find.

I was thinking the senior female attorney was 55-65?

10 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

I admittedly was going to be bias here because I've become a huge fan of Kennedy McMann thanks to Nancy Drew on The CW where; outside of some issues I had with the latter half of the third season; is honestly one of my favorite shows on that network and she is fantastic in it.  I thought she was really good here as well and knowing that she has OCD in real life does make all of her scenes interesting since I wonder how much of it was coming from her experience (even though I still love Freddie even if he isn't autistic in real life.)  For that alone, I'll definitely give any potential show a chance for her.  Granted, with Nancy Drew wrapped up, I so want the rest of that cast to show up here as well.  She needs a love interest played by Alex Saxton, dammit!

As for Felicity Huffman, yeah, while she's a great actress and I know her crime wasn't a violent one, it's hard not to look at her now as another example of a rich celebrity who more or less got a "slap on the wrist" for a crime that would have been much worse for those who didn't have her clout (not to mention those who get worse punishment for arguably lesser crimes.)  Yes, maybe it's not completely fair to pile all of that on her, but the feeling was there for me.  Still, I can go with it for now.  Especially since her character is kind of unlikable at times.

I've seen Michael Weston in a ton of stuff, so I was surprised he really didn't do much here besides glare from the table and get one speech on the stand.  On the other hand, I got a kick out of seeing Karen Robinson a.k.a. Ronnie from Schitt's Creek as the judge!

Not surprised some of the regulars weren't here this go around, but I did like how they worked Park into this particular story.

I don't think I have seen Kennedy McMann before, but I already love her!

That's who that was! I couldn't place that it was Michael Weston! Same with Ronnie from Schitt's Creek!

I think the next in the "Good" Franchise would be a teacher with ADHD (naaaah, just kidding - it has to be a disability or disorder that seems "exotic" but still recognizable.) Maybe some phobias? But if they do a cop, that's just a Monk ripoff. Maybe a scientist, since the Good-verse so far seems to be "big" jobs like Doctor and Lawyer.

wait, wait, I got it! A business executive with some kind of disability! Since that completes the song Little Boxes (the theme song to Weeds)

• Like 3
7 hours ago, possibilities said:

I thought the Good Samaritan defense was obvious from the start. Isn't there a law for that specific purpose, of encouraging people to help when they see someone in trouble?

I thought the same thing. There were some nice moments in this episode, and I laughed that she called the plaintiff a dick because I didn't realize that was allowed on broadcast TV, but overall, I thought it was too cheesy, and I have no interest in a show about it.  

If there is to be a series of Good, let's bring it - The good mechanic, the good cashier, the good librarian, the good plumber....

Edited by Fable
  • LOL 1
9 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

Also, I kind of thought it was crazy that Shaun amputated his hand when the ambulance was right there. Would the damage in his hand really move to his heart that fast? 

As he said, there's no amputation kit in the ambulance, so here or in the ambulance, he had to do it.

And the victim was already having breathing and circulatory problem because of the sepsis.

• Like 3

I didn't really like the episode, thought it was a bit forced. 

As said above, there are many different ways a lawyer can be a lawyer, ways that would be fitting to someone who needs rituals to go through many moments during the day instead of trial procedures. But TV loves a trial, which are often glamorized and overly dramatic. Real trials are boring and not as contemptuous as we see on TV. On top of that, most cases don't even go to trial so TV just like to make it look like lawyers are those super interesting and justice-seeking people when they are nothing more, nothing less, than deal makers.

I don't know if I will watch the spin off. I think I might get annoyed by things like the trial stopping because the attorney (has forget her name) needs to go through a ritual, in the same way it annoys me that the way they portray Shaun autism is pretty unrealistic, in the sense that he would not be a surgeon, but could be someone working in a different medical area. Again, that's TV using a medical diagnosis to glamorize and make things over the top dramatic. In a way, it is an objectification with the excuse of representation. 

• Like 3

If she drifts off whenever someone causes an incomplete 3 rhythm, then she is missing some of the testimony or whatever is going on while she is in the trance.  What if it is something important?

And, yeah, find someone other than Huffman for the senior lawyer for thne spin-off.  

• Like 2
2 hours ago, cinsays said:

If she drifts off whenever someone causes an incomplete 3 rhythm, then she is missing some of the testimony or whatever is going on while she is in the trance.  What if it is something important?

And, yeah, find someone other than Huffman for the senior lawyer for thne spin-off.  

They already thought about it and you can be assured that Huffman brings more audience (because of Desperate Housewives and others) than she makes people avoid the show (because of the college admission cheating scandal).

And if people like Robert Downey Jr or even worse Mark Whalberg are able to have a comeback career in Hollywood, she definitely will.

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 2
8 hours ago, Fable said:

If there is to be a series of Good, let's bring it - The good mechanic, the good cashier, the good librarian, the good plumber....

It all feels a little exploitative to me, but then again the early stages of representation are always problematic, just ask the LGBTQ+ community.

• Like 4
23 hours ago, Starchild said:

If I were the senior attorney, I would have called for an immediate side-bar and asked the judge to hold the other lawyer in contempt of court.  He knew that he was being a bully by exploiting her disability which would be problematic in the best of circumstances.  I'd further ask the bailiff to "squak" the chair two more times and get a plain wooden chair for the opposition.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1

I'm tragically torn between my disdain for Felicity Huffman and my love of Kennedy McMann. but I think my Kennedy love will win out. Even outside of the crappy things she did I have really never cared much for Huffman as an actress, I find her to be just fine, so if the show decides to recast or give Joni a new tough but fair mentor, I would be perfectly happy with it.

The episode itself was fine, especially as backdoor pilots are often rough, but Kennedy McMann is so great that she really carried the episode. Her tragic backstory is a bit too similar to Shaun's, although she gets to keep her understanding sibling and even one parent, but character wise she's different enough not to make the show a carbon copy. I will probably keep watching to see what happens next. 

I know that litigation is the only kind of law that TV thinks is interesting, but there are so many ways to use a legal degree to help people that never require you to go to a courtroom which it seems like Joni would be better suited to.

Joni's mentor might not have been very nice about it, but she's not wrong that Joni being unable to function in court if she hits her rule of three is going to make being a courtroom lawyer pretty difficult, although I am sure that she can find a way to handle it if she takes some time. Is Joni seeing a therapist or taking medication? I'm not an expert and I know that every person is different, but at least talking about how she's managing her OCD could be interesting in the future.

Shaun should really just be ready at all times to perform emergency life saving surgery, between the car wrecks and the active shooters. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, JH Lipton said:

If I were the senior attorney, I would have called for an immediate side-bar and asked the judge to hold the other lawyer in contempt of court.  He knew that he was being a bully by exploiting her disability which would be problematic in the best of circumstances.  I'd further ask the bailiff to "squak" the chair two more times and get a plain wooden chair for the opposition.

I'm sure the ADA could be leveraged. 

• Like 2

I am only halfway through and I absolutely cannot stand the way Felicity’s character treats “Joni” face to face. Regardless of what she may say to others, she treats her like an idiot and a burden. OCD can be a debilitating mental illness. Who cares if Joni adjusts some books? How did that affect her in any way? Why did she need to call her out on it? Allowing Joni to engage in her rituals when she can isn’t going to make it worse and stopping her from doing so isn’t going to make it any better. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
7 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I'm tragically torn between my disdain for Felicity Huffman and my love of Kennedy McMann. but I think my Kennedy love will win out. Even outside of the crappy things she did I have really never cared much for Huffman as an actress, I find her to be just fine, so if the show decides to recast or give Joni a new tough but fair mentor, I would be perfectly happy with it.

The episode itself was fine, especially as backdoor pilots are often rough, but Kennedy McMann is so great that she really carried the episode. Her tragic backstory is a bit too similar to Shaun's, although she gets to keep her understanding sibling and even one parent, but character wise she's different enough not to make the show a carbon copy. I will probably keep watching to see what happens next. 

I know that litigation is the only kind of law that TV thinks is interesting, but there are so many ways to use a legal degree to help people that never require you to go to a courtroom which it seems like Joni would be better suited to.

Joni's mentor might not have been very nice about it, but she's not wrong that Joni being unable to function in court if she hits her rule of three is going to make being a courtroom lawyer pretty difficult, although I am sure that she can find a way to handle it if she takes some time. Is Joni seeing a therapist or taking medication? I'm not an expert and I know that every person is different, but at least talking about how she's managing her OCD could be interesting in the future.

Shaun should really just be ready at all times to perform emergency life saving surgery, between the car wrecks and the active shooters. 

It was a much better backdoor pilot than, let's say, the one for The Rookie: Feds.

It didn’t bother me that the lawyer with the rituals was held responsible for her actions. Tidying up the books in a senior partner’s office, when they are discussing a major case is rather disrespectful, imo.   Is she taking steps for treatment?  It would seem that by now, she’d have some tools to use to help her address the compulsions, but she seems to freeze and be consumed.  

I looked up Good Samaritan protection laws in CA when I first saw the preview for this episode and apparently, from I read (I’m not licensed in CA), that law protects members of the public, but not medical professionals.  So, the doctors standard of care would be the same as if in a medical facility setting, which seems unfair.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I looked up Good Samaritan protection laws in CA when I first saw the preview for this episode and apparently, from I read (I’m not licensed in CA), that law protects members of the public, but not medical professionals.  So, the doctors standard of care would be the same as if in a medical facility setting, which seems unfair.  

Yes, the good samaritan defense was weird. Not only for what you said, but the common sense aspect to what happened. A doctor saw an accident, tried to help, the way to help was to amputate the hand. End of story. He did his best with the information he had, in the situation he found himself in. Not that I think that scenario was likely in real life but the justification the writers found for introduce the good lawyer wasn't good at all, which would mean that the good lawyer is not that good - since she had to use that justification to win the case.

• Like 2
11 hours ago, HelloooKitty said:

I am only halfway through and I absolutely cannot stand the way Felicity’s character treats “Joni” face to face. Regardless of what she may say to others, she treats her like an idiot and a burden.

Much the same way Melendez treated Shaun during the show's early run.  

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, Fable said:

Much the same way Melendez treated Shaun during the show's early run.  

Melendez was far worse, insulting Shaun and making sarcastic remarks, knowing Shaun couldn't understand them.

• Useful 3
11 hours ago, Jim Marlowe said:

Melendez was far worse, insulting Shaun and making sarcastic remarks, knowing Shaun couldn't understand them.

Hah, yea!  Remember when Melendez said something like "did you sleep here or did you use a teleportation device", and it dawned on Shaun that it was sarcasm, so he said "I used a teleportation device."  BS questions sometimes deserve a BS answer I guess.  One of my favorite moments.  I tried to find a clip on YouTube, but I had no luck.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 3/14/2023 at 5:11 PM, KaveDweller said:

I enjoyed the episode, and I'll give it a try if it really becomes a series. I like Kennedy McMahon, and she seemed to do a good job here. But I don't know how accurate the portrayal of OCD was. It seemed a bit like they were making fun.

It was pretty accurate.  A family member has OCD. I think  Kennedy  McMahon is a wonderful  actress, so I'll probably  watch. Huffman's face looks odd  I realised I kept looking at it, but not in a good way.

Edited by dancingdreamer