Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: Wine & Neighbors

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

The fellas attend a party hosted by Anthony and Sherm's neighbor. Nicky's relationship is put to the test. Fay jumps back into the dating scene, and there's wine.

Original airdate 3/17/2023

14 hours ago, hula-la said:

The walk down to the party—loved it.

I can’t remember, has there ever been a love interest for Sherman? 

That walk was really cute. Plus, it was funny that Anthony wore that jacket just to walk down the hall, and then take it off at the door.

Yes, there was that episode when Faye set Sherm up with her cousin through an elaborate plot by having him date the cousin's roommate first.

For reasons that I cannot explain, it just now occurred to me that the Nikki character and actress have the same name.

Edited by mrsbagnet
  • Like 3

I'm rewatching this episode and I *love* that whole going to the part sequence. Sherm picking everyone up, the dance in the car, the walk to the party, the pose at the door. I love it.

I also love Sherms obsession with the chair situation at the party and how in to the possibility of Anthony hooking up with Neighbor Bae Sherm was. It was cute. 

But. As a perpetually single person I need someone to explain Anthony and Talia's breakup to me. Once upon a time Anthony was interested in Fay. Before he ever met Talia. He met Talia and started dating Talia--presumably completely over Fay. Talia saw some awkwardness between Anthony and Fay and asked what the what was and he said once upon a time he was into her but he wasn't and it looks like she's into him now but he's not into her anymore. Talia said it was messy and broke up with him immediately. Why is it messy? Anthony doesn't like Fay he likes Talia. Fay does like Anthony but she respects him and his relationship and isn't making a move and was actively trying to keep her feels to herself and move on. Why is it messy? Did Talia just want to break up with him? Is this messy but I don't see it because perpetually single? 

• Like 3

I think Talia didn't believe that he was really over Fay. I think she asked because she saw the energy between them, and she felt insecure, suspecting he really wanted Fay but was afraid to rock the friendship group by pursuing it, and was using Talia as a consolation prize.

I don't know whether or not I think Talia was right about this, but that's what I think her issue was.

• Like 7
5 hours ago, possibilities said:

I think Talia didn't believe that he was really over Fay. I think she asked because she saw the energy between them, and she felt insecure, suspecting he really wanted Fay but was afraid to rock the friendship group by pursuing it, and was using Talia as a consolation prize.

I don't know whether or not I think Talia was right about this, but that's what I think her issue was.

Agreed. She was bugged because Anthony was very engaged with Fay, texting her in her absence. I think Talia overreacted, since neither Anthony nor Fay had ever acted on their feelings and didn't show any movement in that direction. It was messy only in the sense that it made Talia insecure about their relationship, and she didn't want to deal with that, which is understandable.

• Like 2

My only issue with Talia's reaction is that her whole deal was that Anthony was so easy to read, and he told her that the feelings with Fay were in the past, and he did so HONESTLY. She, who established that she could read Anthony easily, SAW that it was true and...still freaked out over it! Don't like that.

I mean, whatever, do whatever you want, Talia, but it really didn't fit the overall plot of her going on about how easily she could read Anthony. 

• Like 1