Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E17: Call Me Lady Avenger

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, bunnyface said:

I hate Sheila.  After thinking about it, I realize I haven't liked many characters Swoozie Kurtz has played so maybe it's her I don't like.  But I hate Sheila.

My mom has never been a fan of Swoozie Kurtz either so maybe it's a thing.  She is a lot for a mom.  I get being disappointed in your child but her character is so over-the-top with it.  You'd think she'd just avoid her daughter.  We'll see how this relationship goes moving forward because I doubt TPTB are going to tamp down on Sheila's attitude.

I'm pretty much still here for the cats and Randi and Carter.

• Like 7

Kat has a frikkin' doctorate. I say this as someone with a Jewish mother of my own (although NOTHING like this bitch) - if a Jewish kid gets that kind of academic honor and that doesn't have Sheila in lifelong paroxysms of glee, there's absolutely nothing else Kat can do to get her mother's approval. I don't think Sheila will even let up if she gets a grandchild. I'm starting to think that there's some kind of Freudian(?) mess going on there where Sheila resents Kat for the attention her late father gave her. That's the only explanation I got.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1

With Gideon being absent from this episode and Kat hiring her mother I wonder if the show is sidelining Jack McBrayer at least partially if not altogether.  He hasn't become a major part of the show like Leslie Jordan did.  Perhaps they got wind of the general reaction to him and decided to go in another direction.....yet AGAIN.  This show has changed course more times than I can count.

• Like 6
2 hours ago, Yeah No said:

With Gideon being absent from this episode and Kat hiring her mother I wonder if the show is sidelining Jack McBrayer at least partially if not altogether.  He hasn't become a major part of the show like Leslie Jordan did.  Perhaps they got wind of the general reaction to him and decided to go in another direction.....yet AGAIN.  This show has changed course more times than I can count.

Toned down Gideon was much better. I’d much rather see more of him than that BITCH mother of Kats. How she turned out to be a smart, functioning human  with terrible taste in men, (many gay actors have intense chemistry with their on screen girlfriends, this one not so much) albeit, is a miracle.  

• Like 7
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, PinkRibbons said:

Kat has a frikkin' doctorate. I say this as someone with a Jewish mother of my own (although NOTHING like this bitch) - if a Jewish kid gets that kind of academic honor and that doesn't have Sheila in lifelong paroxysms of glee, there's absolutely nothing else Kat can do to get her mother's approval. I don't think Sheila will even let up if she gets a grandchild. I'm starting to think that there's some kind of Freudian(?) mess going on there where Sheila resents Kat for the attention her late father gave her. That's the only explanation I got.

i would hate to think of the impact Sheila would have on a child of Kat's

5 hours ago, Yeah No said:

yeah, but them moving away from McBrayer would be a very good thing!

• Like 4
3 hours ago, chediavolo said:

Toned down Gideon was much better. I’d much rather see more of him than that BITCH mother of Kats. How she turned out to be a smart, functioning human  with terrible taste in men, (many gay actors have intense chemistry with their on screen girlfriends, this one not so much) albeit, is a miracle.  

For sure, no matter what this show does it's the wrong move.  How they think we want to see more of Kat's bitch of a mother is beyond me.  It was spinning its wheels before Leslie Jordan's death and now even more.  Kat would be a depressed, dysfunctional non-achiever if she really had a mother like that.

2 minutes ago, cinsays said:

But to something just as bad?  Ugh....

• Like 4

who is gay?

Just now, cinsays said:

who is gay?

Cheyenne Jackson, who plays Max.

(many gay actors have intense chemistry with their on screen girlfriends, this one not so much) albeit, is a miracle.  

I thought Mayim and Jim Parsons (who is also gay) as Amy and Sheldon on BBT had more chemistry together than she does with Cheyenne.

• Like 7
8 hours ago, cinsays said:

They're already paying Kurtz; if they could tone Sheila down a bit we might not dislike her quite so much. She'll never be Phil, but this will give them time to come up with a new character and actor for next season. Gideon was a misfire for sure.

If you remove the laugh track, the relationship between Kat and Sheila seems like they're acting out a particularly depressing Tennessee Williams play. Sheila is just so awful to Kat constantly, even when Kat snarks back its increasingly seemed less like like banter and more like emotional abuse. 

Did the show just decide to write out Gideon when they saw that he wasn't really working? I wont miss him, but its too bad that they have possibly decided to get rid of him when in the last episode he was in he was actually toned down and a lot more likable. 

• Like 3

They should have kept Vicki Lawrence and never brought on Gideon. But toned down Gideon is still better than Sheila. 

And very disappointed in Randi for having the doctor perform Carter’s vasectomy during Carter’s colonoscopy. But I guess Carter did ask for it.

Loved the Phil moment.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, nelroy78 said:

And very disappointed in Randi for having the doctor perform Carter’s vasectomy during Carter’s colonoscopy. But I guess Carter did ask for it.

Wait, that actually happened?  I thought she was just trying to scare him!  (And even though TV doctors are apparently subject to very different rules & regulations, that still seems a little implausible, practically.)

• Like 2
1 hour ago, SoMuchTV said:

Wait, that actually happened?  I thought she was just trying to scare him!  (And even though TV doctors are apparently subject to very different rules & regulations, that still seems a little implausible, practically.)

She was teasing him.   It wasn't super obvious but she did smile to give it away. 

• Like 4