Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E10: Love is Up in the Air

• Start Topic

On 3/8/2023 at 9:16 PM, ezzy4 said:

Airris is exhausting.  I'm so over him.  He's allllll talk and zero action.  Boring.

On 3/8/2023 at 9:16 PM, ezzy4 said:

Airris is exhausting.  I'm so over him.  He's allllll talk and zero action.  Boring.

On 3/8/2023 at 11:26 PM, kristen111 said:

I’m disgusted.  The show picked this weirdo Airris for that poor nice girl Jasmine?  He’s asking her all these weird sexual questions?  I’d pack my bag and get the hell out of there.  What nerve.  Makes me sick.  Or is it fake just for drama?

I don’t like that they picked slightly heavier girls so they could embarrass them on tv too.  What’s this show coming to?

14 hours ago, Lindz said:

WTF is wrong with Airris?!?!! SERIOUSLY?!?!! Maybe he's not attracted to Jas because he thinks she isn't freaky enough. 🤔 But to say she is boring because she's loyal & has morals so has never cheated says something about his sh*tty character. To ask her if she's scared of falling in love and basically admitting he is is ridiculous. He just told her he's avoiding it to prevent being hurt again. SOMETHING IS SERIOUSLY WRONG WITH HIM!!!! In their usual, superficial fashion, they didn't dig deeper & address the fear & what he's going to do to face it. It's like he tries to counter how awful he is by offering to "lighten her load" which is very nice, but it's not enough. I'm sick of him.

Arris is playing his fuckboy games and is just making shit up to turn Jaz off.

I feel like he just wants to get rid of her, asap. He does not like her in his space despite how nice she acts toward him.

I have no ideas why he signed up for this show.

Kirsten looks like a doll but she just does not appreciate a kind nurturing man like Shaq. 

Shaq and Jaz deserved so much better.

Edited by qtpye
  • Like 6
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Lindz said:

Ugh Shaq. I take issue with what he said at their plant shopping outing. He said he didn't know if she considered it quality time, but he did so he's good. Uh. That means he doesn't care if he doesn't bother to ask. 

Yeah he sounded a little off when he said that, but on the other hand he's also kind of right - I think they are getting to know each other in a natural way which is better than just sitting on the couch with wine asking each other canned questions about "love".

• Like 5

This whole season is so predictable. We have the person who has never been in love (Airris); we have the person who can't be open or vulnerable (Kirsten); the person who is wanting her spouse to say I love you right away (Nicole); the person/people who are upset because they didn't get what they asked for (Mack and Dom); the person who is letting a shallow feature dictate their feelings (Gina and formerly Kirsten, who now loves Shaq's bald head); the person who expects to not have to compromise and just have their new spouse fit into their current life (hmm, do we have that one yet - that could have been Dom); What else am I missing from the check list?

• Like 1
  • Love 2
On 3/8/2023 at 9:09 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

I tried to watch this on Hulu through Roku but they were playing a Castle marathon. I’ll try again tomorrow. 

I'm 3/4th the way through and sadly, I don't think you've missed much. Nicole can say she's thick, Chris cannot. Gina still can't seem to work up a real emotion toward Clint. Clint got her out on the water and she seemed to have fun.  Airris still seems to look at anything other than Jasmine when he's talking about sex and not being attracted to her, again. Shaq REALLY likes plants and mentoring young men. Kirsten's still not sure what's going on.

4 hours ago, Retired at last said:

However, I am always comparing myself to other women - am I that heavy? Am I that short? Am I thinner than she is? It's a lifelong battle. In some ways, I think that the more current self-acceptance is good (not necessarily healthy), but I know I will never be there. But, do I want a partner to lie to me? Do I want him tell me that I look good when I am wearing something that appears too tight or too short?

This. Constantly. I was really thin my whole life until my 50's. Now I'm a "curvy girl" aka, overweight and it is WEIRD. It feels alien. But I too am always comparing myself. I'll ask my best friend when we're out, "Am I as shaped like her? Am I that big?"  I just know when I look in the mirror it just looks wrong to me. 

Edited by zoltana
  • Like 1
  • Hugs 3
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

hris lost me when he was sobbing on the honeymoon about the dog policy, I thought a parent died or something. I think most guys would have let her bring her dog and made arrangements for his dogs, or maybe not? He's kind of a putz!

He needs to man up. What a whiny wimp. Nicole can do better. 

I have liked Clint from the get. There's just something about his demeanor I find very attractive. Maybe it's his self confidence but lack of cockiness.  Maybe it's his commitment to really wanting a marriage relationship and does not want to give up immediately without trying . He's got a great command of the english language, too, and knows how to express himself. I like it. If he had a great hair cut and a beard trim he would be adorable. Gina is a fool. 

• Like 11
  • Love 2
44 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I have liked Clint from the get. There's just something about his demeanor I find very attractive. Maybe it's his self confidence but lack of cockiness.  Maybe it's his commitment to really wanting a marriage relationship and does not want to give up immediately without trying . He's got a great command of the english language, too, and knows how to express himself. I like it. If he had a great hair cut and a beard trim he would be adorable. Gina is a fool. 

I am not a hugger and do not like people touching me.

However, even I wanted to give Clint a big hug when he was talking about his ex-girlfriend's miscarriage. 

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1
  • Love 1
On 3/8/2023 at 9:24 PM, Meowwww said:

EVERYONE can lose me with “thick”.  That’s such an insult and yes, I am “thick”. 

If Airis or Shaq had used that term towards their wives, it would have been a compliment.  Thick does not necessarily mean fat.  It's generally used for a more muscular or larger body frame.  Serena Williams is the poster child of thick.  While someone shaped like Lizzo would not be imo.   

I do think Shaq missed an opportunity with Kristen in that spa day scene.   He's right that she puts up walls.  But I think he could have taken a softer approach in how he spoke to her.   She probably thought she was really trying and was making progress with the spa day, and when he basically was like, "you need to let down your walls or this isn't going to work", it just made her shut down more.    It put the responsibility all on her.   He needs to take an approach similar to Nicole.  

Edited by After7Only
  • Like 8

Will someone ever ask WHY Airris keeps bringing up sexual stuff?!?!!! He knows she's reserved & looks down on her for it! Obviously Jas never will. KKP probably won't. Ughhhh. He probably is trying to be so disgusting she leaves. If so, he should be 100% jerk, not offer to help her out, countering his awfulness a little.

Edited by Lindz
  • Like 1

Ugggghhhh. More of these fools telling the camera & not their spouse apparently, like that helps their marriage!!! Chris told us why he's reluctant to say he's in love. I hope he told his wife! Maybe if Jas expressed interest in Airris's "expertise," he'd be more into her, but no she told the cameras. 😒😒 They should really explain that to these people when they sign up! Telling the cameras and NOT your spouse hurts your marriage!!!

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, After7Only said:

If Airis or Shaq had used that term towards their wives, it would have been a compliment.  Thick does not necessarily mean fat.  It's generally used for a more muscular or larger body frame.  Serena Williams is the poster child of thick.  While someone shaped like Lizzo would not be imo.

Yes, I've heard thick used as a compliment by men who like a curvy, hourglass woman. Maybe a bit overweight but still in good shape, exactly like Serena. Other times it's more derisive, just a "nicer" way to say chubby or fat. Dad bods are the male version of thick.

I say embrace the voluptuousness!

Despite comments here, I don't feel like the women have been all that critical of the men's looks. Gina with the ginger thing, yes. Kirsten didn't like Shaq's baldness, but she's pulled back on that (she's tough to read, such a blank face all the time). Nicole has been very accepting and complimentary. Jasmine, too.

Trying to remember how much criticism of looks there was in previous seasons. A few times it was obvious (Alyssa, Luke? & the guy who was rude to Mindy) but usually not harped on even with the less attractive people. The season's been so dull, MAFS decided to play up the thickness controversy.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

I thought Nicole described herself as petite early on? I may be mistaken.

I have a feeling she was referring to her height. 

In all fairness, if I woman were to say, "All the men I previously dated were taller" and/or "had more hair", no one would bat an eye.  But, let a man mention anything about "weight and/or looks" and its war.  Please.  Chris was asked a question and he gave an honest response.  However, based on the way the ladies went after Clint, he felt the need to get in front of the story.  It was in vain, because the editors did him a favor and cut it, but he had no way of knowing. If he hadn't felt the need to confess, Nicole and viewers would have been none the wiser.

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Lindz said:

Did anyone else think one of Shaq's mentees was Kirsten's brother??? He looked like her! 🤣🤣

I didn't notice that, but I did notice they were quite handsome. 👍

• Like 1
4 hours ago, qtpye said:

Shaq and Jaz deserved so much better.

Do you think they would be attracted to each other? Jasmine would appreciate a kind, accomplished man like Shaq, I think. 

• Like 8
15 hours ago, Lindz said:

Chris is thick if he thought it was a good idea to say his wife is thicker than previous women he's dated. KKP was right about them not learning from Clint. That clip of his was from the honeymoon, but was it before or after Clint's moronic comment? & Like how Gina messed up with what she said to Clint about Gingers, Chris did too when he told Nicole what he said. Is it really that difficult for these people to say something kind??! "Not in a bad way"?!?!! STFU! Why are women the only smart ones about that?!! Chris could be called fluffy, doughy, flabby, fat, not muscular, not defined, etc... Did Nicole say ANY if that?!! NO! Not that we saw. It is unkind & unnecessary.

OMG exactly my sentiments re Chris too and I wish he would toss her a crumb once in a while and give her some assurance, it's so obvious she wants some validation from him.... c'mon Chris!

• Like 4
3 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I don’t find anything particularly “unmanly” about crying or expressing emotion.

3 hours ago, Retired at last said:

This whole season is so predictable. We have the person who has never been in love (Airris); we have the person who can't be open or vulnerable (Kirsten); the person who is wanting her spouse to say I love you right away (Nicole); the person/people who are upset because they didn't get what they asked for (Mack and Dom); the person who is letting a shallow feature dictate their feelings (Gina and formerly Kirsten, who now loves Shaq's bald head); the person who expects to not have to compromise and just have their new spouse fit into their current life (hmm, do we have that one yet - that could have been Dom); What else am I missing from the check list?

Maybe Gina? She works 24/7 and seems to want a husband to slot in o whatever time she has available…

• Like 3
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Clint has a nice family too.  I liked the way he was talking with his Mother.  He has respect.  Also, I think he likes Gina more than she likes him.  He probably would want to make a go of their marriage.

• Like 6
58 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I don’t find anything particularly “unmanly” about crying or expressing emotion.

He was crying like a baby about his dogs when there was a simple solution that Nicole had to come up with. He couldn't get past his emotions long enough to work out a solution. To me that's unmanly. 

• Like 9
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
9 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Clint has actually grown on me and if I had to chose between him and Chris hands down it would be Clint, he is a much better communicator which is always an important aspect for a great relationship.  I do see a friendship developing between Clint and Gina but not sure it’s a love connection for either of them but sometimes friends do blossom into love. I agree Nicole could do better but i think she is very committed to this relationship but I feel like she is putting in more effort so hope he gets to her level otherwise maybe it just won’t be reciprocated enough.  And I don’t think she is aware that she could do better.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, endure said:

Clint has actually grown on me and if I had to chose between him and Chris hands down it would be Clint, he is a much better communicator which is always an important aspect for a great relationship.  I do see a friendship developing between Clint and Gina but not sure it’s a love connection for either of them but sometimes friends do blossom into love. I agree Nicole could do better but i think she is very committed to this relationship but I feel like she is putting in more effort so hope he gets to her level otherwise maybe it just won’t be reciprocated enough.  And I don’t think she is aware that she could do better.

Gina is already married, so she should give it a chance.  Clint looks like a decent guy.  Sometimes men say the wrong thing and don’t really mean it.  They don’t think.  Unless she really can’t stand him.  Nicole is looking desperate as she’s on top of him every minute trying to make him comfortable all the time.  He’s a little immature it seems.  

Edited by kristen111
  • Like 5
  • Love 1
On 3/8/2023 at 9:20 PM, Straycat80 said:

Why did Airris sign up for this show? I don’t get it, he’s  afraid of falling in love. But talks all this sex stuff. Good thing Jas doesn’t seem to be feeling it either. 

Airris is what you call “Big wind, no blow”.  All talk, no action.

• Like 9
15 hours ago, endure said:

OMG exactly my sentiments re Chris too and I wish he would toss her a crumb once in a while and give her some assurance, it's so obvious she wants some validation from him.... c'mon Chris!

but he's said many times he finds her to have beautiful features

14 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

He was crying like a baby about his dogs when there was a simple solution that Nicole had to come up with. He couldn't get past his emotions long enough to work out a solution. To me that's unmanly. 

i imagine production influenced him to overdo the crying to get a reaction out of the viewers and it seemed to have worked

6 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Airris is what you call “Big wind, no blow”.  All talk, no action.

ugh, i would hate to think about what his version of action would be

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 3

I'm starting to like Nicole more and more.  The way she handled the "thick" comment was great.

Glad Gina and Clint had a great time on the sailboat.

Arris is just an insecure jackass.

Shaq continues to be a favorite.  

• Like 3
4 hours ago, cinsays said:

i imagine production influenced him to overdo the crying to get a reaction out of the viewers and it seemed to have worked

Is he that much of a good actor that he can "overdo" the crying upon request? 

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
20 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

Do you think they would be attracted to each other? Jasmine would appreciate a kind, accomplished man like Shaq, I think. 

In my perfect world, they would be attracted to each other and leave their annoying spouses because they both seem like nice people.

However, the reality is that Shaq finds Kirsten beautiful and that is why he is giving her so many chances.

Jaz also seems to be really physically attracted to Airris.

If Airris is Jaz's type and Kirsten is Shaq's type...then it is unlikely they will be attracted to each other.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

Good on Nic for taking "thick" like a champ! She calmly explained how it could be hurtful & asked him not to use it again. Clint should watch that clip! Hopefully she really let it go & it never comes up again.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I'm guessing the answer is no.

13 hours ago, endure said:

My problem with Chris is that no one wants to see a one-sided relationship. Nicole sacrificed time with her dog so he could be around both of his doggies. He did not seem all that appreciative and I have yet to see him make any type of sacrifice for her.

His dogs did not seem to be well-trained and were humping everything in sight. Nicole took that in stride.

That being said if Nicole likes it then I love it. 

I think they have the best shot of succeeding as a couple but on this show that is saying that in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 3/9/2023 at 9:41 PM, princelina said:

I'm not sure exactly what "thick" is supposed to mean - I think I do but terms like this always seem to have some hidden meaning that I have not grasped.  But as the opposite of thin - she is not thin.  I think she just is uncomfortable feeling heavier in a city where women are competitively thin, and I can see where she's coming from.  I wouldn't call that dysmorphia, and if she said that I think it's just hyperbole about how she feels.

Depends on who says it and how its said.  My experience is that many Black men use it as a compliment (Baby Got Back).  Prior to Kardashian and Jlo, big butts and big lips were made fun of.  But these two women sort of change the perception, and now that look it in.  In the 9o's the pale waif (boyish, skinny) was the look. But now everybody seems to be getting butt implants and lip injections. Beauty standards change over time. 

I never comment on women's' looks. I know its a trap.  I sometimes comment on the casts looks, but I try to be nice about it. I've dated all sorts of body types, and dont have a preference. I have a swimmers (athletic) body and so does my current gf. I think think Clint is the best looking cast member, followed by Kristen, then Mac. then Chris, then Shaq (even with the scar), then Gina, then Jasmin, then Dom, then Arris. But everybody has what they think looks good.
In LA, dating can be challenging for different body types. Women tell me it is brutal dating in LA. Clint did a great job with the sailing lessons.

• Like 5
On 3/10/2023 at 11:47 AM, bichonblitz said:

Agreed. I find him nerdy, but she wont get anybody better looking than Clint.  I find it annoying how she always talks about her job. Its a very regional thing.  When I lived in Houston, before anybody asked anything about you, they needed to know where you worked and what position you held.  Whether you were cool or compatible was secondary.  Here in LA, its the opposite. People talk more about their hobbies first and maybe their job later.  She could pump up her salon if she was nice to Clint and did a makeover.  I think the women in her salon would take Clint in a heartbeat. In fact, the blondie was very confused that what Gina told her about Clint was not true at all.  She was staring hard at him like she was going to jump his bone. The women in the salon liked him.

• Like 4

Gina’s salon looks like a dump from what I saw this episode. I’ll have to look online and check out the photos there. 
I don’t think Jazmine would be attracted to Shaq. She seems to like men who are less refined to put it nicely.  

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Gina’s salon looks like a dump from what I saw this episode. I’ll have to look online and check out the photos there. 
I don’t think Jazmine would be attracted to Shaq. She seems to like men who are less refined to put it nicely.  

I don't think it's a dump, per se, but I don't think it's a free standing salon (which is what I think she is building). I think she rents space in a Sola Salon Loft. There is one near me and the spaces are ok, but small and kind of cramped.

• Useful 4
2 hours ago, Gator Stud said:

Agreed. I find him nerdy, but she wont get anybody better looking than Clint.  I find it annoying how she always talks about her job. Its a very regional thing.  When I lived in Houston, before anybody asked anything about you, they needed to know where you worked and what position you held.  Whether you were cool or compatible was secondary.  Here in LA, its the opposite. People talk more about their hobbies first and maybe their job later.  She could pump up her salon if she was nice to Clint and did a makeover.  I think the women in her salon would take Clint in a heartbeat. In fact, the blondie was very confused that what Gina told her about Clint was not true at all.  She was staring hard at him like she was going to jump his bone. The women in the salon liked him.

Maybe Gina will set Clint and the blonde up after they divorce.

Pure speculation on my part but I think we all can agree that there is not a snowball's chance in Hell that this marriage will last.

Of course, it is not a good idea to date your boss's ex-husband, even if your boss does not want him.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Seriously, I was waiting for Arris to say, "What! You never had sex with your cousin...you haven't lived", since he thinks orgies, partner switching, and cheating are things everyone should do at least once.

Again, I think he was just talking a big game to scare Jaz away. 

Arris barely has the energy to keep his eyes open let alone be bedding all the females in Nashville.

• Like 3
  • LOL 10
1 hour ago, qtpye said:

Of course, it is not a good idea to date your boss's ex-husband, even if your boss does not want him.

The crooked politician tried to date Tony Sopranos ex, and it did not go well for him.  If she hooked up with Clint as a girlfriend, she could go to some other salon. She was looking at Clint like Gina described him like a troll, but then she thought he was attractive, and didn't understand why Gina told them that he was a troll. And she knew with a little makeover (different shampoo and conditioner + trim), Clint could look much better.  Gina is probably going to kick herself when she sees blondie and Clint looking all glam together.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
2 hours ago, qtpye said:

Well, if the blonde is a decent stylist, I'm pretty sure she can get a job somewhere else if she and Clint hooked up. 

• Like 3
6 hours ago, Gator Stud said:

Depends on who says it and how its said.  My experience is that many Black men use it as a compliment (Baby Got Back).  Prior to Kardashian and Jlo, big butts and big lips were made fun of.  But these two women sort of change the perception, and now that look it in.  In the 9o's the pale waif (boyish, skinny) was the look. But now everybody seems to be getting butt implants and lip injections. Beauty standards change over time. 

Yes, styles go in cycles from curvy to waif, but in some circles thin is always in, and if Nicole lives in NY I'm pretty sure she lives in that circle.  Aside from the arm tattoo I think she looks great for a regular girl, and if her husband finds her attractive I think she'd be happy.  Chris needs to man up and give her some validation.

5 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

They keep advertising that she's in "Sola Salons" which, if you go inside one, is like a little mall with rooms off of the hallway, and each is a "privately owned" salon - they are set up as an empty room with a sink, basically, and people can rent one and own their own business - hair, nails, facials, whatever.  I guess they go buy the kind of chairs/tables/etc. that they need.  When Gina described her business and employees to Clint I thought that maybe she rented several spaces for what she was talking about, but it looks like she has her "employees" all crammed into one little room.  It's a little weird actually - when I've visited a Sola Salon it's been one hairdresser in the space and she told me how it was lonelier than a regular salon but she liked owning her own business.

• Like 1
  • Useful 4

So Shaq took them plant shopping because that's what he wanted to do & Kirsten did a spa day because that's what she wanted to do ? So neither of them care what the other person would like to do? 🤔🧐

• Like 1

There's something inherent about commenting on a woman's weight that is unlike any other comment about a physical appearance of either sex.

I've dealt with it my entire life, as I'm a gal who always needs to lose 10-15.

In High School, when I returned to school after a 3-week illness, the teacher actually stood me up to show how "great" I looked with the weight loss I had achieved.

Females always compare ourselves to each other's bodies in ways that men don't.

We can change our hair color, our clothing style, makeup, etc., but that cute little size 2 situation that many girls have is just something unachievable for many of us.  And many guys want that, it's just a fact.

I don't think that Clint or Chris meant any harm in saying what they said, but they were both saying that that smaller, more petite gal is what they're more attracted to.  I don't think there's anything wrong with that at all.  It's just what they're attracted to.

That doesn't excuse Kirsten going on about Shaq's  bald head (which, as it turns out, is because he lost his hair, not because he shaved, which I initially thought.  Plus he has the scars, about which he is insecure).  Or Gina's  "ginger" comments.  Come on, girls....do better.

While Nicole did take this well, others have pointed out that, from the AfterParty's that she's been on, it looks like she's lost some weight.  I certainly hope she didn't do this to please Chris, but rather for herself.  I know that I get horrified sometimes in photos with my thinner girlfriends.  It's just...a girl thing.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
On 3/10/2023 at 5:07 PM, Adeejay said:

In all fairness, if I woman were to say, "All the men I previously dated were taller" and/or "had more hair", no one would bat an eye.  But, let a man mention anything about "weight and/or looks" and its war. 

Some of the women on this show have had issues with their man's lack of hair, but Kirsten is coming around and I think the one on a previous season came to like her husband's bald head.  But even that's a subset--we're not talking George Costanza bald here.

As for height, many women, and I'd estimate the vast majority, would reject a man who's shorter than she is, and would think there's absolutely nothing wrong with it. 

18 hours ago, cinsays said:
20 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

it actually didn't seem real to me, so sortof

The actual crying seemed real enough, and then when he was talking to the camera after that, his eyes were really swollen and puffy.  I'm convinced it was real.

11 hours ago, princelina said:

They keep advertising that she's in "Sola Salons" which, if you go inside one, is like a little mall with rooms off of the hallway, and each is a "privately owned" salon - they are set up as an empty room with a sink, basically, and people can rent one and own their own business - hair, nails, facials, whatever.  I guess they go buy the kind of chairs/tables/etc. that they need. 

One of the Teen Moms has a salon in a place like that--a little mall with rooms off the hallway.  Hers is named Slayed by Jade.  Gina's calls hers Slay Bae. 

I'm not sure I have a point. 

• LOL 5

While Nicole did take this well, others have pointed out that, from the AfterParty's that she's been on, it looks like she's lost some weight.  I certainly hope she didn't do this to please Chris, but rather for herself.  I know that I get horrified sometimes in photos with my thinner girlfriends.  It's just...a girl thing.

She said that she and Chris have been working together on eating better and working out more so hopefully it's a shared goal for them.

They keep advertising that she's in "Sola Salons" which, if you go inside one, is like a little mall with rooms off of the hallway, and each is a "privately owned" salon - they are set up as an empty room with a sink, basically, and people can rent one and own their own business - hair, nails, facials, whatever.  I guess they go buy the kind of chairs/tables/etc. that they need. 

I think she is building a new salon though - didn't we see film of her working with a contractor to build out a larger space in an early episode?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

While Nicole did take this well, others have pointed out that, from the AfterParty's that she's been on, it looks like she's lost some weight.  I certainly hope she didn't do this to please Chris, but rather for herself. 

I've actually been noticing as the weeks go by on the regular show, that it looked to me like Nicole had lost weight.  Again, like you, I hope it's for the right reasons.

On 3/8/2023 at 8:58 PM, APK said:

I’m not fond of Gina, however she does deserve some credit for stepping into Clint’s world on the sailboat. I believe she actually enjoyed her first trip on the sailboat. Nice job, Gina

I can't give her much credit because it was obvious from their conversation on the boat that she had never even asked Clint before about his sailing. 

On 3/10/2023 at 2:47 PM, bichonblitz said:

I have liked Clint from the get. ..... He's got a great command of the english language, too, and knows how to express himself. I like it. If he had a great hair cut and a beard trim he would be adorable.

Agree about the hair cut and beard trim, but strongly disagree about his command of the english language.  He constantly misuses big-sounding words, and has from the start.

On 3/9/2023 at 10:35 AM, ECM1231 said:

Kirsten can ask Shaq to reveal things about himself that she doesn't know, but she won't reciprocate?  Her walls are too high. Personally, I don't think it's because she has trouble being vulnerable, but rather, because she knows that Shaq is not her end game.

Oh I definitely think it's because she has trouble being vulnerable, and I really wonder if it's veering into pathological territory because of her overthinking and literally becoming unable to think clearly.  When she said there was lots he didn't know about her, and then couldn't come with anything, she just looked like a deer in headlights.  She could have revealed literally anything about herself, regardless of how small..."I don't like strawberries" or "I enjoy true crime podcasts" or "I went to Europe for a week after college". I think she just completely panicked, and in not wanting to reveal anything too deep, she just drew a blank about even small stuff.

On 3/9/2023 at 2:21 PM, seacliffsal said:

I felt for Clint when Gina's salon colleague started in with the 'ginger' comments-such as she thought all gingers were messy/dirty, etc.  And Gina just smiled along with it.  He seemed at a loss for words.  So, Gina can totally eviscerate him for saying he normally dates slender/athletic women, but she can totally make an support derogatory statements about gingers? Alrighty then.

Actually, the salon colleague didn't say "ginger"...she said "jokester", which came up because he started right in on a joke about the basin being like a bidet.

On 3/9/2023 at 10:45 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

I always thought dysmorphia was evidenced by focusing on flaws that aren't actually there, which in the case of Nicole being "thick," is not the case.

Yes, I looked it up and that is basically it, or also flaws that are so minor as to probably be not visible to other people.  So what Nicole has would probably be better described as negative self-image rather than actual dysmorphia.

On 3/10/2023 at 10:41 AM, Retired at last said:

But, do I want a partner to lie to me? Do I want him tell me that I look good when I am wearing something that appears too tight or too short? I think, in my case, where I truly have no idea anymore, I would appreciate honestly so I didn't go out looking not my best.

I often want my husband's genuine opinion on clothing I bought from a catalog and am trying on for the first time.  If he doesn't think it's flattering, he says "You have other things that look better on you."  And then if I want him to get more specific, I can ask him detailed questions about what doesn't look good, especially if I already formed an opinion of something that didn't look good and want to see if he agrees.  He is always hesitant, but he braves it!

• Like 2

So Jas wants a deeper emotional connection with Airris & leaves it up to him & gets more sexual questions? Hmm. Perhaps leaving it up to him was a mistake, you think? How is she expecting depth when they're so superficial?!?!! They don't even dig deeper on the simplest things!

Edited by Lindz
5 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

She said that she and Chris have been working together on eating better and working out more so hopefully it's a shared goal for them.

I think she is building a new salon though - didn't we see film of her working with a contractor to build out a larger space in an early episode?

I don't know what we saw, but if she's in a Sola then she is renting space and would not be able to enlarge it.  Maybe she has her eye on another property and plans to move?

As for Nicole - good for her if she and Chris are getting healthy together.  If this doesn't work out she'll still feel better about herself!

• Like 1

I got to laugh at a fat man referring to his new bride as thick. I liked Chris at first but that over the top sobbing over the dog situation made me think twice. He let Nicole figure things out and sacrifice her dog staying with them. He seems selfish.

Why hasn’t Gina offered her husband a clean up? He would look even better.

Airris is one of the worst grooms ever. There is nothing even remotely likable about him.

I like Shaq but I doubt he and Kristen will make it.

• Like 5
23 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

I don’t remember where I saw it, but there was a picture of Nicole coming out of a pool with a bikini on.  She was very thin and almost unrecognizable.  Maybe much younger.  Also, weight fluxuates.  If my husband EVER mentioned a weight gain on me, I would be furious and devastated.  Definitely a no no.  I think he either knows better or doesn’t care.  Men gain weight too.

• Like 2