Type keyword(s) to search

S44 Previews and Speculation

• Start Topic

(edited)

Here is the preview discussion thread for S44.  No spoilers, only what is shown is the previews.

Next week: romance is blossoming between Frannie and Matt.  Helen seems over Carolyn (or maybe it's the other way around?).  Anyway, Carolyn looks ready to crack from the preview.  There was a voice over from someone saying they are the powerful one now (we saw a shot of Lauren and Matt when we heard that so not sure if it was Lauren).  

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Like 1
14 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

Here is the preview discussion thread for S44.  No spoilers, only what is shown is the previews.

Next week: romance is blossoming between Frannie and Matt.  Helen seems over Carolyn (or maybe it's the other way around?).  Anyway, Carolyn looks ready to crack from the preview.  There was a voice over from someone saying they are the powerful one now (we saw a shot of Lauren and Matt when we heard that so not sure if it was Lauren).  

I hope they don't spend a lot of time with the Frannie and Matt romance/relationship happening next week. They should be targeted then because their vote will be 2 votes for whoever they choose.

• Like 1

Here is the episode title and description for next week:

“Two Dorky Magnets” – Tribes must snake their way toward the win for immunity and reward. Also, paranoia starts to set in as a looming suspicion becomes the elephant in the room, and lines are drawn in the sand at tribal council, on SURVIVOR, Wednesday, March 8, (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network, and available to stream live and on demand on Paramount+*.

The title probably refers to and/or is said by Matt B. and Frannie (based off the preview and what we saw in the premiere).  More intrigued by the part about a line being drawn in the sand at TC and the paranoia.  

(edited)

Next week:

Someone (maybe Matthew, since this voice over was said over a shot of him getting his hair fixed) said they never intended to play an honest game.

Kane wants to be a hero to people.  Frannie ignoring her own advice that staying close to Matthew is a bad idea, since they are laughing and hugging on each other.

And Danny is sneaking around in the woods and is seen eating a piece of paper-maybe he finds another advantage?  

Edited by LadyChatts
On 3/8/2023 at 9:04 PM, LadyChatts said:

Next week:

Someone (maybe Matthew, since this voice over was said over a shot of him getting his hair fixed) said they never intended to play an honest game.

Kane wants to be a hero to people.  Frannie ignoring her own advice that staying close to Matthew is a bad idea, since they are laughing and hugging on each other.

And Danny is sneaking around in the woods and is seen eating a piece of paper-maybe he finds another advantage?  

Either that or he eats the piece of paper that the idol came in from the cage? I don't know why he would eat that though.

• Like 1
(edited)
27 minutes ago, TVFan1 said:

Either that or he eats the piece of paper that the idol came in from the cage? I don't know why he would eat that though.

I was wondering if maybe there's another summit next week and he goes.  The piece of paper could be from that, too.  Maybe he loses his vote on the first draw, but picks again and gets an advantage (like Sarah did) but tells his tribe his only chose once and when he lost his vote he didn't opt to pick again.  He seems excited, whatever happened.

Either that or his tribe is still looking for the key/figures out someone took the idol and are trying to figure out who, and he's just out there in the jungle grandstanding because no one's suspecting him.

Edited by LadyChatts

Here is next week's title and episode description:

“Sneaky Little Snake” – A budding romance could become an easy target for one tribe. Also, one castaway hopes to convince the tribe of their worth to stay another day, on SURVIVOR, Wednesday, March 15 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) 

Based off of what we know and the preview at the end of the episode, this is talking about Matt/Frannie and Kane.  I feel like next week might be a boring boot.  Soka's the only tribe that hasn't gone to TC so it could be an easy Matt/Frannie boot, or maybe it'll be interesting.  If Tika goes, Sarah seems like the obvious target (unless Yam Yam/Carolyn flip on Carson-I like Carson but that would be kind of funny to see).  And at Ratu, Kane is on the outs.  I wonder if the VO we heard in the preview (likely from Matthew) is him trying to set Kane up further, or lying to him about his odds of staying (that could be his 'I never intended to play an honest game').  

(edited)

Next week: 

Looks like maybe Carolyn pulled a Danny and hid her fake coin (or maybe her real idol since she couldn't tell the difference when she found it) back in the bag and is going to try and fool someone by finding it.  I hope it's Carson.

I can't tell if it's Jamie or Heidi saying 'I don't think he sees it coming' so potential blindside ahead?

Jeff: "this can change the game."

Bearded Matt VO: "information in this game is power" and "this is so crazy"

Jamie reaching into a bag-maybe she goes to the summitt?

We see a boat in the water and then a shot of Soka looking surprised, so maybe there is another summitt next week.  

ETA: the exclusive scene on Lingo has to do with Tika’s birdcage.  Carolyn added two sticks to it to create interest.  But Yam Yam, Sarah, and Carson are intrigued and think it’s a clue.  So I don’t know if she actually put her fake coin in there,  but she clearly wanted to create some sort of chaos.

Edited by LadyChatts
(edited)

Next week:

Matthew's shoulder injury is getting painful, and there's tears and a VO along the lines of 'I've been training for this for years.'

Carson and Kane talking, with a VO from Carson saying 'everyone is sharing with me, it gives me a lot of power'.

Jamie is maybe trying to form an alliance with the love-struck Matthew, but Frannie says that Jamie doesn't know those two are aligned.

And Yam Yam and Josh don't seem to care for each other.  I kind of hope we get some petty drama at Tika next week.  Carolyn in a confessional "those two", Josh to someone on the beach "I just don't trust you", and Yam Yam in a confessional "dude, what's up with the bitch face?"

Edited by LadyChatts
Just now, peachmangosteen said:

Please let him get medevaced!

Sadly, I really doubt they would telegraph something that obviously. Will probably lead to an "inspiring" "powering through" segment instead. Barf.

Maybe Ratu loses immunity and Matthew is nervous about being voted off (or is debating whether to tell his tribe to vote him off).  Either way, I can’t feel sorry for him.  I don’t know what exactly he was doing climbing those rocks in the first place, but it probably wasn’t anything super necessary.  And he ignored medical’s advice and competed in the challenges.  I hope he goes before the merge, because no one will consider him a threat and he probably won’t even be on the radar at first to get voted out.  

I wish Carson had wound up on Soka.  They’d probably be willing to throw a challenge and vote him off.  

• Like 3
18 hours ago, tracyscott76 said:

Sadly, I really doubt they would telegraph something that obviously. Will probably lead to an "inspiring" "powering through" segment instead. Barf.

And once again P.tv demonstrates its total lack of a retch emoji despite the overwhelming need for one.  Perhaps we could repurpose one of the existing ones?  My vote is for Thankful - to consider it instead emblematic of a technicolor yawn.  🌈 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
On 3/24/2023 at 4:03 AM, Nashville said:

And once again P.tv demonstrates its total lack of a retch emoji despite the overwhelming need for one.  Perhaps we could repurpose one of the existing ones?  My vote is for Thankful - to consider it instead emblematic of a technicolor yawn.  🌈 

🤮

• Thanks 1

I saw this promo posted on Sucks.  There's a VO of Jeff saying something about "this could change the direction of the game", but there's focus on Carson and Jamie thinking they have all this power because people are sharing information with them.  In Carson's case, it could be true, as Bearded Matt spilled some stuff to him in the last episode.  And in this promo, he's seen talking to Kane, whose on the outs with his tribe.  

In Jamie's case, I'm not as convinced she's getting genuine information.  In the preview at the end of last week's episode, we saw her and Matthew go off together, and a VO from Frannie saying that Jamie doesn't know her and Matt are working together.  The Soka 4 seem tight, and we saw last week that they have no problem voting Jamie off.  I can see where they might want to make her comfortable, either to get her to confess to someone that she does in fact have an idol, or so she won't think to play her idol if they go to TC.  

(edited)

Next week: merge time!

ETA: or maybe not the actual merge, but everyone will be living together on the beach.  Guessing it’ll follow the format of the past few seasons.  And will this mean that Jamie and Carson’s idols are no good?

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Like 1

Next week:

There's a twist!  Something about having no say in who goes home.

Matt continues flirting with Frannie (they are really laying the showmance on thick).

Kane runs around looking for an idol.  I guess this vote scared him a little.

7 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

That scene made me wonder if they were doing that bit from last season where they let everyone know there was an advantage out there and they all walked by it 20 times.

14 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

Next week:

There's a twist!  Something about having no say in who goes home.

[...]

14 hours ago, tracyscott76 said:

That scene made me wonder if they were doing that bit from last season where they let everyone know there was an advantage out there and they all walked by it 20 times.

12 hours ago, TVFan1 said:

I wonder what this twist could be. Maybe the winner of the immunity challenge can't vote for anybody? 

Combining these three thoughts to speculate that perhaps this is a variation on the "hidden in plain sight" advantage from last season. That time, it allowed the finder of the advantage (Cody) to bet on the winner of the immunity challenge - if he guessed right, he also got immunity.

So maybe this is the same thing, but with the added caveat that if you bet wrong, you don't get to vote? (Even if you bet against yourself but end up winning - you won't be voted out, but you also don't get to vote).

So maybe that advantage is what Kane is looking for - he seemed to be searching pretty frantically, like he was competing with the others to find it first. And of course they probably wouldn't know exactly what it is until someone finds it and opens it.

This is probably all wrong, but it seems like the kind of added complication the show seems to live for these days.

On 4/6/2023 at 11:47 AM, tracyscott76 said:

Combining these three thoughts to speculate that perhaps this is a variation on the "hidden in plain sight" advantage from last season. That time, it allowed the finder of the advantage (Cody) to bet on the winner of the immunity challenge - if he guessed right, he also got immunity.

So maybe this is the same thing, but with the added caveat that if you bet wrong, you don't get to vote? (Even if you bet against yourself but end up winning - you won't be voted out, but you also don't get to vote).

So maybe that advantage is what Kane is looking for - he seemed to be searching pretty frantically, like he was competing with the others to find it first. And of course they probably wouldn't know exactly what it is until someone finds it and opens it.

This is probably all wrong, but it seems like the kind of added complication the show seems to live for these days.

Well I could not have been more wrong 😆

2 minutes ago, tracyscott76 said:

Well I could not have been more wrong 😆

Well, it kind of was in plain sight.  Except instead of it being hidden they were told where to find it.  I guess they got tired of everyone ignoring the flashing lights and arrows pointing to the tree the advantage was nailed to last season, so they wanted to make it easy for themselves (meaning production).

Next week: Carson gets sick.  Frannie feels like she has nothing.  Shot of Brandon and Kane laughing, with a VO from Brandon saying they are dictating how the game is being played.  The muddy net challenge from last season that Noelle struggled with makes a comeback (except this time it's Carolyn screaming in the tangled net as Jeff un-helpfully says "you gotta twist!").  Danny and Frannie talk about making a big move, and a TH from Danny that says they need to take someone from Ratu out.

1 minute ago, LadyChatts said:

The muddy net challenge from last season that Noelle struggled with makes a comeback (except this time it's Carolyn screaming in the tangled net as Jeff un-helpfully says "you gotta twist!").

I feel like the adverb "un-helpfully" could be added to everything Jeff says.

Extremely stupid episode.  One of the worst ever.  We didn't need yet another random "advantage", which ended up doing nothing.  Also, just sick of Probst's never ending attempt to turn Survivor into his failed The Jeff Probst Talk Show.

Edited by susannot
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1

Next week:

Kane says he's been woken up by Brandon's blindside.  Carson (in a VO) says The Three Stooges are running this thing.  Danny is idol hunting, and Carolyn wants him gone.  Yam Yam says to Carson "it's personal" and then says in a TH that "if you wrote my name down, your dead."

I think this is a misdirect. I think editors want us to believe this is Yam Yam gunning for Heidi, but in reality, he is explaining to Carson why Carolyn feels so strongly that Danny has to go. Not sure that Carson actually wants Danny out yet, so we will see what happens. 

Next week:

VO from Frannie saying every day in a brand new game, and the era of alliances is over.

Heidi saying she's close to Danny but she's here to play the game.

A shot of Carolyn, Carson, and Yam Yam, with Carolyn saying in a VO "something's not right" and then in a TH "they're stupid".

Danny talking to Lauren and her saying "I'm down" and a VO from Danny saying "we have an opportunity to strike, let's strike".

Then Carolyn and Carson talking, with Carolyn saying "this is what we do" and a TH of Carson saying "I just have to decide who I am betraying." 

So it sounds like maybe Ratu and Soka are waking up and realizing Tika is playing the middle, and are going to target one of them?  And that Carolyn is frustrated because she senses it (or maybe has a target in mind but is getting overruled by Yam Yam again).

25 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

VO from Frannie saying every day in a brand new game, and the era of alliances is over.

Not that it really matters, but I think that was Jaime saying this.

26 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

So it sounds like maybe Ratu and Soka are waking up and realizing Tika is playing the middle, and are going to target one of them? 

Please let it be Yam Yam.

Next week:

Carolyn is pissed and Yam Yam says that keeping her out of the loop on the Frannie vote backfired (good, I hope it costs him and Carson).

Carson said he's worked so hard but it's all crumbling down.

Jamie, in her own land of make believe, believes she and Lauren have all the power (I can't help but root for her).

Danny is scheming and throwing out Carson and Yam Yam's name, saying in a TH that he "didn't come here to take part, he came here to take over."

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

Next week:

Carolyn is pissed and Yam Yam says that keeping her out of the loop on the Frannie vote backfired (good, I hope it costs him and Carson).

Carson said he's worked so hard but it's all crumbling down.

Jamie, in her own land of make believe, believes she and Lauren have all the power (I can't help but root for her).

Danny is scheming and throwing out Carson and Yam Yam's name, saying in a TH that he "didn't come here to take part, he came here to take over."

Next week better be as juicy as the preview implies. 

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, dizzyd said:

Has that ever been the case (he said bitterly)?

13 minutes ago, dizzyd said:

If I still had my magic 8 ball I feel like it would tell me "outlook not so good."  I do think someone is getting blindsided, but the question is who.  Since Danny is throwing Yam Yam and Carson's names out, I'm hoping one of those 3 go.  Jamie saying her and Lauren have all the power usually never ends well for the person saying that, as Survivor as shown us.  I think it could be a Danny blindside, or Lauren and Jamie have buyers remorse about not getting rid of Danny ahead of time and one of them goes.  It'd be nice if Carolyn split from Yam Yam and Carson and targeted them, but unfortunately, she doesn't have any other allies out there.  I'm sad she voted for Heidi at this vote, because now Heidi has no reason to trust her.

Because Danny brings up getting rid of Yam Yam or Carson, I wonder if he's finally seeing what Frannie was trying to warn him about with Tika playing the middle.  Those 3 are running out of room to hide.  

• Like 1

Next week:

Carson says that Tika has the majority and can run the game (again, they are tied with non-Tika members, so not exactly a majority).  Plus, no one knows about Heidi's idol, so that could upset their happy little trio.  

Jamie says they are outnumbered (again, 3 vs 3 isn't really outnumbered-and maybe she should have thought of that before voting out Danny?)

Lauren says Carolyn plays like she's clueless, and that she's been fooling all of them (finally some respect, but it looks like it may come at a price).

Yam Yam tells Carson that Carolyn can win, then in a TH says it'll break his heart but he needs to take Carolyn out.  There is a shot of Carolyn looking in the trees, maybe for her re-hidden idol, so praying she finds it.

• Like 4

Finale next week!  

Yam Yam says that everyone is happy to be in the final 5

Carson says everyone knows he can beat them

Carolyn says she's ready and wants to fight her way to the end (there's also a shot of her struggling during a challenge)

Heidi doesn't want 2nd, 3rd, or 4th, she wants sole Survivor

Lauren's says this is a difference between winning a million dollars or not (pretty much the direct take on being in the finale and potentially losing)

So, do we get a flashback scene at the beginning next week showing that Heidi did find the idol during this past episode but they are holding that info so as to keep the tension for this episode?

Rewatched E1 for clues. Carson can’t make fire. Yamyam takes over and he is successful. Heidi makes fire on her team. I think Carson and Yamyam face off in the fire challenge 

• Useful 2